Why the fuck are there never any Dark threads on Sup Forums

Why the fuck are there never any Dark threads on Sup Forums

This is the best show in the last decade but yet I see literally no one here talking about it

Beacause it is German

Is this really worth watching? I've heard some mixed reviews. One of the comments being about it not able to answer all the questions they build the show around.

Been really hyped about it for like three months, then the first reviews showed up and I was dissapointed and didn't even give it a try.

its just that one episode of futurama where they go to roswell but a whole season

1) There have been countless Dark threads over the past month.
2) Dark is derivative shite.
3) If it were an American show you would have completely panned it.
4) If not for Netflix this piece of shit would never have been made.

The show doesn’t answer every question, but it answers the ones that matter. A lot of the plot points that haven’t been wrapped up feel like they were left hanging deliberately, and they’ve already confirmed that there will be a second season where they’ll likely address the gaps left from season 1.

I actually don’t understand why it got the reception that it did. I saw some reviews and decided I would still give it a try and it ended up being one of my favorite shows of all time. Most of the reviews I’ve read compare it to Stranger Things for some reason, even though the only comparison you could make is that parts of the show take place in the 80s and that part of the story revolves around some kids. Other than that, they’re completely different. Dark feels way more grounded and feels like it actually respects its audience’s intelligence.

would you?

Seeing it slow. On ep 4 I'm avoiding spoilers. Can't say much yet, but I'm enjoying the atmosphere very much.

Because Netflix keeps making garbage and people got bored of giving them chances.

If my aunt looked like that definitely. Jonas did nothing wrong.

No incest is for fucking losers who can't meet other women

Its not really a good show. The first episodes were solid then it went full retard, they even did the 'this paper is time and space' cliche. The finale was so bad it made lose interest in the next season.

>One of the comments being about it not able to answer all the questions they build the show around.
The opinion of plebs whose feeble minds couldn't understand it and automatically hate it. It's a good show and definitely Netflix's best. All of the answers which are important to season one are there, some of them will probably come to you after watching through it again because of how it's formatted, and some are obviously left unanswered for the sake of keeping room for the show to continue.

>The finale was so bad it made lose interest in the next season.

Yeah that future scene was balls deep stupid
>a big drone flies in the sky to represent the future even though those basically exist now
>woman says "welcome to the future" despite it being the fucking present from her perspective

Who the fuck was the guy with the gigantic head who the cop's mother was talking about and then the deaf kid bumps into him in the woods? Did I miss something?

best series I've watched all year

>mixed reviews

Let me guess, on RT ?

und?

It was really good I always get confused by time travel stuff I never understood how it all started off and who originally started the time traveling, seems it was a nuclear accident.

That's my impression too. The cesium accident triggered the first time travel then the time loop is created

Yeah but who went back in time first?

Crazy old lady?

i assumed it was old jonas with his hood on

Crazy old lady who was the plant boss in the 80s?

Good point, it’d need to be someone else.

There is going to be a second season according to IMDB so maybe it will be explained then, it would make more sense for it to be Priest man to go back in time but he'd have had to do it in the 50s.

Priestman goes back in time, kidnaps kids to test his machine, eventually gets it to work then how does the cave loop get created?

How would he go back in time without the plant even being built? Unless he designed the first machine, it's never explained how the man brings the blue prints, it's just there for him to have.

Felt a bit rushed at the end

What did Noah offer Bartosz?

The power plant accident sent the first person back in time

Something against the boy who kissed his girlfriend obviously.

Then how did the priest appear when he was supposedly dead before it even was built and you can go back in time only in 33 year increments and there is no way the woman who moved into the house with ear scar boy was old enough to be married 33 years before that.

Maybe the plant meltdown in 2050 sends a future man to the past with sufficient tech to build a time machine?

You guys really weren't paying attention to the show, were you? There is no beginning and there is no end. It's called a casual loop. The explosion that closes the portal is the same one that opens it, in no particular order. The priest had it partially right, in that everyone is just a pawn on a chessboard, but he's wrong in thinking that he can escape it. He's a pawn like everyone else, he just happens to know that his fate is predetermined, which is what leads him to believe he can change it. They proved it with Old Helgen, he tried to kill his younger self and alter history, but he was always going to do that anyway. Jonas could never have brought Mikkel back to 2019 and erased himself from existence because Jonas has always existed. We're not seeing alternate timelines and something is going to happen where the majority of season one will be wiped out of continuity, we're seeing one single looping timeline that always happens the same way.

The whole time dilation with their words not matching their lips. Threw me off too much I had to stop watching.

It would be better if it wasn't 'I suffer in the first world' grimdark edgy stuff.
Literally put just a hint of people having fun and it would be 9/10.
As it is it's uncomfortable to watch.

The intro is the best though.

Something has to kickstart the causal loop and we’re given a possible cause in the power plant accident

>Something has to kickstart the causal loop
No it doesn't. Are you actively trying to remain ignorant?

>through the season it's stated on multiple occasions that there's 3 timelines
>in the final scene we find out there's a 4th one
Retarded

too much 80s nostalgia
does netflix direct shows to work this shit in? it's corny and stupid
also it really felt like they were trying to copy stranger things. this show was best when it stuck to a more serious tone. the goethe stuff was great
post yfw the default behavior of netflix is dubs

Fuck you mean 3 timelines? There’s three time periods not timelines.

Lolwat? Do you mean dimensions?

Rqstd: webm of Magnus groping this bitch i the changing room/her topless getting out of Magnus' bed, her body is EXCELLENT

you can't get over the concept of intertwined loops?

That's what I thought but we see the big head dude talk to the deaf kid in the woods (who can apparently hear what he's saying) and he tells him that Noah wants to meet him or something, and all we're allowed to see is the chin part of his gigantic black head. I also thought it could've been Noah with his wide brimmed hat pointing down, but I don't think the cop's mother was that retarded, especially since she remembered seeing a priest 33 years ago and could probably identify another priest outfit.

From the 1986 present there's a 1953 past and a 2019 future. From the 2019 present there's a 1986 past and a 2052 future. At any given time there are three times.

It's actually timelines because they're synced and the time passes normally in them.
So is Ulrich going to escape the 50's prison in D2?

Don't worry, you'll have 8 years to follow in S2.1953, 1954, 1986, 1987, 2019, 2020, 2052 and 2053

>netflix nor germany can't produce ki

If it were three timelines the actions from 1950 wouldn’t affect 1980 or 2010. It’s a single timeline.

I actually pity you for wasting your time watching this show and missing the core concept entirely. There are no timelines, there is only one continuous timeline, and characters jumping between different points in time doesn't affect anything, it's all still part of the same continuous timeline. It doesn't really matter at this point if Ulrich escapes in "D2" because he has no further purpose, unless Older Jonas does it out of pity since he's his biological grandfather. But he still has to return to a 2019 without his son, so perhaps he's better off just dying in 1953.

I don't trust the German cinema. Just look at that country. 4 years and German males aged 20-30 are a minority while darkies have the numerical advantage in fighting age males.

I don't want to watch or read anything in German. I want to forget it existed. Too painful.

Great first season but I'm worried about season 2. Compare with L O S T, GOAT when they were just on a weird island with weird mysterious shit going on, considerably less good when it started pinning down that there were sides and who was on what side and what they were firing over. Feels like it's going to turn into a much more conventional scifi.

What did they mean by this? How is every point in time jumping up one year if the portal only opens every 33 years?

There are literally 0 black people in this show. In fact thinking about it now I'm surprised I haven't heard liberals complaining about it.

>This is the best show in the last decade

it was shit

Of course they don't complain because it hides the truth of what is happening!

How did Helge know it was happening again? Just remembering it from 1986? If he remembers why wait until now to do something?

the "big head" dude was just helge with his hood up. seen quickly in the dark a kid might mistake the outline of his figure as having a big head instead of just having a big hood up.

My guess is they're going to come up with some plot bullshit to progress every point in time by one year, because the actors are going to age and they can't keep setting the show in specific years. They probably learned their lesson from what Stranger Things is currently going through because those kids are fucking racing through puberty and I think they were actually talking about having to modulate some of their voices.

also dem trips

I watched this on Friday. Really, really interesting but shit ending

>stuck in the past
>not using your knowledge of the future to become wealthy

Seriously what the FUCK was Mikkel's problem?

Who is Cutest Girl and why is it 1986 Hannah ?

This, priest guy is implied to be Jonas' friend Bartosz. Just as Old Jonas makes contact with young Jonas, Noah purposefully makes contact with Bartosz, and also tells him of what inspired him to do what he does, saying a stranger came to stay with his family when he was young, and he could hear the man talk in his nightmares. Bartosz's mother is Regina and she owns the hotel. Old Jonas was staying at the hotel, where Bartosz would very likely be able to come across him and listen to his nightmare ramblings.

>seen quickly in the dark a kid might mistake the outline of his figure as having a big head instead of just having a big hood up.
It wasn't the kid, it was the mother. And again I don't see how she could misidentify a hat or hoodie for a gigantic head, and then tell Ulrich "there are things in this world we can never understand." This is the scene when the deaf kid meets him and he sounds nothing like Helge, and apparently the deaf kid can hear everything he's saying. It's too hard to tell if it's a hoodie or if it's supposed to be his actual head.

I know it's fucking retarded to think there's actually a character with a gigantic head but shit's not adding up. Maybe it's something they're gonna explain in season two.

Cutest girl is that girl 1986 Katherina was talking to at school that one time with the side ponytail

>muh reviews

Might download this, don't care that's in german since I watch tv shows and movies at work with no sound.

Why not just watch them at home with sound

Because I sit on my ass for 8 hours everyday and have nothing better to do. I use my free time for other things.

Not really a fan of subtitles

The dub is shit tier but I would actually recommend it over the subs. There are too many names and faces to keep track off to watch it with subs. Unless you can find subs with the names included.

>americans can't read
all the memes are true

Not American and can read just fine, but this show demands you to know which character is which when it's jumping around across three different points in time. You can't just recognise faces or voices because it's different actors playing the same characters.

>>This is the best show in the last decade
Go to sleep you're too high right now.

It was a convoluted and contrived piece of shit that wove a medley of incestial madeness based on a flawed concept of time travel. Esoteric symbology was thrown about willy nilly. A bigger theme of the beyond was laced into this bumbled joke of a film to try to add depth. It was like true detective meets stranger things in a bad fucking way

>be polish
>watch with german audio
>and english subtitles
>understand everything

i swear 80% of posts criticizing this show here are because someone did not understood something and thinks show is flawed and not his reasoning (oh and famous they didn't explain this thing - thats why there is season 2 retard)

Comes across as pretentious and insincere the teenagers acting like cry babies, slapping people on the head was the way to greet young children in this shitfest, bad casting.
The pacing is crap. I usually don't mind a leisurely paced story but 3 episodes in I just deleted the whole thing, I thought not this time fuckers and got out of there.

They have their reasons to be crybabies.

True, this one wasn't for me though, so I just moved on.

Better question.
Why the fuck are there never any Black Mirror threads?
New season drops on the 29th

Because it's gotten a bit shit desu

Im on episode 8 and none of the fucking questions I have, have been answered. Should I just drop it? What the fuck is going on I want some shit answered.

> first two seasons are true Unabomber kino like "Be Right Back, "White Christmas" and "the national anthem"
> then Netflix buys it and we get puke worthy garbage like "nose dive", "game tester" and "San Junipero".
Americans were a mistake.

What questions do you have?

Also

>dropping a show when you're 8 episode in to an 11 episode season

maximum plebe

> the teenagers acting like cry babies
I agree. This shit annoys me so fucking much! Not just with teenagers. The ending was also shit. Some guy comes from the past and the first thing they do is to smack the gun in his face with the remark "Welcome to the future". Made me so fucking cringe, it's totally like assburger with a katana saying "Nothing personnel kid"

Other that the over the top acting, it had an interesting plot, but I hated the fact that it had that "muh bad science and technology" with the atomic power plant. But the 1986- and 1953- Germany looked cool.

Also the permanent dark feeling was so bullshit. There wasn't one "happy" (I'm missing the right word) moment. It's always "buhu, look at our depressing situation and depressing city and sheet"

Americans can't into Subtitles.
Fucking animals.

I'm watching through the series now.
It had a strong opening with the PM fucking a pig but I think it got a bit crappy with that episode where Bryce Dallas Howard lives in a world controlled by instagram and ends with her screaming "Fuck you" at a black guy in jail or the lesbians in the virtual old folks home

They're an illiterate mongrel horde

Its a pretty fun show if you enjoy time travel and don't mind the subtitles.