Brainlets couldn't understand the meaning of this film even as it hits them in the head

Brainlets couldn't understand the meaning of this film even as it hits them in the head

Saw this kino at a showing at art school, loved it even if it felt a bit long.

>says this and probably read a synopsis

It's pretty bad, se devo essere sincero amico.
Stop spamming Sorrentino.

>Sup Forums being spammed with Sorrentino
y-yeah what a shame that would be

The Great Beauty looks like a movie made as a film school project by a kid after he watched La Dolce Vita in class.

Daily reminder that Sorrentino es a right wing piece of shit.

yes bourgeois and people from the middle class love to feel inspired by vapid flicks

This. And the motherfucker doesn't even try to hide it. He fucking opened The Great Beauty with a Celine quote for fuck's sake.

Nothing wrong with that, user.

I didn't expect less from Sorrenkino.

>dude rich people are shallow lmao

And?

Anything wrong with that you butt blasted babies? ;-)

You didn't get it, did you?

>dude this movie is shallow lmao

you are the piece of shit, you little ignorant child

If you watch the supplements on criterion disk he says he a is leftist.

is a*

So what is the woke meaning of this movie that I'm not getting. I've never seen a good answer.

>He fucking opened The Great Beauty with a Celine quote for fuck's sake.
What an ugly post this is. Celine is a great writer and though right wing not some political pamphleteer. Not only are you disparaging one man's art based on his political beliefs you are criticizing another's for referencing a work which you find politically disagreeable.

The yearning for God(The great beauty) can't be satisfied by mundane degenerate pleasure like partying or wealth

>m-muh brainlets
get out Sup Forums that shit isn't catching on

> needing a movie to tell you this
kek

silence brainlet
> >m-muh brainlets
> get out Sup Forums that shit isn't catching on

People who seek and apply singular, divisible, concrete, thesis-like "meanings" to any piece of art are fucking retarded. If that was all the filmmaker wanted to say he would not have made a film he would have said that. Film, like music, does not need a solution or translation. It has its own insular aesthetic logic.

>not some political pamphleteer
t. brainlet
Bagatelles pour un massacre is the most antisemitic pamphlet ever written

>m-muh Sup Forums
t. brainlet

Brainlet, all movies have messages, you’re too autistucally retarded to get it

So is there a deep meaningful message masked under an interesting and engaging plot, or is it just failed photographer's attempt at shooting pretty scenes?

>when films try to be philosophical

why don't you watch it, dickhead

>it's another episode of il terrone che odia sorrentino continua la sua crociata personale su Sup Forums

Wtf I love Celine now!
>South Tyrol is terronia now
Didn't expect any less from a Sorrentino sucker.

Oh my fucking god! I remember everyone laughing during that scene. Brits are fucking brainlets; even those who would go see a foreign film in a small kinoplex.

One of my friends was banging this italian girl and at a party I recognised some pseudo deep shit she was saying about rome being from as actually being a lone from this film, didn't want to be a dick but I had a little internal chuckle

shoulda called her out on it

That didn't make any sense. Can you re-type it in English, please?

You're supposed to laugh at her stupidity though.
>I recognised some pseudo deep shit she was saying about rome being from as actually being a lone from this film
In English?