GotG v2

So GotG v2 is going to gross more than the two most iconic superheroes together. Let that sink in for a moment.

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/05/07/box-office-guardians-2-scores-super-145m-weekend/#4a3dfe3adf86
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You mean Spiderman and Batman? Or what?

>So Transformers 4 is going to make over a billion dollars

stop with the money argument

>So Fast and Furious is going to gross more than any capeshit
What did they mean by this?

they haven't been "iconic" in like 30 years

>2008 was 30 years ago
damn...

>Highlights internationally include an estimated $48 million opening for Guardians in China
IT'S ALWAYS THE CHINKS

>mfw 5 years ago I never thought I'd live to see a Guardians movie, let alone two

Weird how they didn't just happen, they were pretty decent, too.

>something fresh and fun is more popular than something that's been rehashed too many times and takes itself too seriously in a genre where people want to just be entertained

I mean, are you really surprised

this

no one wants serious movies about guys in stupid costumes. It's like wanting something serious from Evil Dead the guy has a chainsaw arm the time for seriousness is LOOOOOOOONG gone

The first Evil Dead was wasn't a joke movie though. Only the second one.

I mean, yes? I bet it grosses more than either of those characters films, not counting civil war. GotgV2 seems like an easy 1b movie at this point. I don't think batman, spider-man, superman have ever had a $1b movie. Hulk is pretty damn iconic, like literally everyone and their grandma knows hulk, but he was in a couple of avengers movies which hit 1b.

>Universally loved movie makes more money with the sequel

Color me surprised

>I don't think Batman has had a 1b$ movie
You're right he's had 2.

Nope, it's gonna fall just short.

first evil dead he still had his hand

GotG2 is not hitting a billion. It'll make around 350 domestically, and about the 400 internationally.

Still pretty good.

But that's Suicide Squad money and Suicide Squad flopped.

No CBM is going to reach a 1Biill. this year. No, not even Homecoming. F8 will probably top BATB soon and will remain top at the Box Office for the rest of the year. At least until December.

Those movies don't count because they weren't part of a cinematic universe.

Based Marvel knows how to make a movie and didn't blow $400 million on marketing like those losers at WB did

Marvel sequels multipliers always fall short of 2.5. The best Guardians can hope for as far as domestic goes is $450, and that's only if it has the same multiplier as the original, which was 3.5. It won't. The first one was a surprise hit, and this is hardly a surprise movie.

I contributed 33 dollars to its 145 million dollar opening weekend. You're welcome, James Gunn.

forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/05/07/box-office-guardians-2-scores-super-145m-weekend/#4a3dfe3adf86

that's all?! I saw it three times yesterday

regular, 3d, and IMAX 3d

IF YOU DON'T LOVE ME NOW

You fucking losers care way too much about how much money the Jews at Disney will be making.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
*inhales*
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

u mad WBaby?

No because I have literally 0 emotional investment in how many millions of dollars a company I have no stake in is making.

Dam, Part of me forgets about the first one and only 2 and army of darkness come to mind when evil dead is mentioned

Company wars and brand loyalty are for actual legitimate nerds. If you can't admit this movie wasn't very good then you are delusional

>13 days

Yep, 400 internationally, 350 domestically.

Please don't tell me you think World Wide and International grosses are the same thing?

don't forget the new show

Can someone make a shitty webm with sound of the The Chain moment.

I loved the movie and just want to see that part again.

I feel you.

Unfortunately, I'm on a phone.

That's not necessarily correct. Evil Dead still has serious moments, and that's how they engage you emotionally. Ash's hedonism being a coping mechanism for all the crazy, fucked up shit he's seen is a plot point in the TV show, for example.

So movie in pic grossed more than any Marvel movie except Avengers and its sequel that just got released as well as it's next sequel is going to make more than any capeshit for the next 10 years. Let that sink in for a moment.

It's sequel is going to gross more than Infinity War?

Come on Howard, you can do better.

The Furious movies are the definition of dumb fun. I want them to go into space in the next movie.

>let alone two
More like let alone three

>The Furious Frontier
sold

they might either the next fast movie or that spinoff with Johnson and Statham

This scene was so fucking pointless, but I laughed like a maniac.

Whenever they said that mammals wouldn't be able to withstand 50 or more jumps, I was expecting something dramatic, not to lose my sides.

...and?

GotG was a lot of fun for all the family, a great evening out with said family, and had me laughing and nearly crying at that ending. It totally deserves the credit, and it's broad appeal explains it's massive success.

And now, less than a week later, only a few scenes stick out in my mind. I've largely forgotten most of it, as is the case with most of the MCU entries except Iron Man 1 and Winter Soldier. The only scenes that really stick with me are with Yondu, and Peter blasting a certain asshole in a fit of rage.

BvS still stands out in my memory, and I remember various details and scenes, the score, the beautiful cinematography, and so forth. Superman pulling the gigantic ship throught the ice to safety might be one of my favorite supero scenes ever. That opening, seeing the Zod battle from the ground, was also amazing.

Hell, give it a few months and you might get the occasional (deserved) Yondu thread. We still have a BvS thread or even several daily. MCU is great, but it's McCinema. Fun, tasty, and leaves you ordering a pizza at 1am.

>So GotG v2 is going to gross more than the two most iconic superheroes together

Does that take inflation into account?

If you adjust for inflation, the movie that took in the most money when it first came out was "Gone with the wind".

It reminded me of this

It reminded me of Courage the cowardly dog, desu.

That scene was made for reaction images.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAH

Well, hi Homer, what can I dODIDDLYDOODIDDLYDOODIDDLYDOOODIDDLYDOOODIDDLY GABBA GABBA HEY!

The 8th Fast and the Furious is about to gross more than any superhero movie to date. Let that sink in.

>Suicide Squad flopped

>people still believe this

That's actually below expectations.

Exactly. Let the console warriors fight all they want, but this was a legitimately good film and GOTG is the only MCU movies I want to watch more than once

Which of the arguments is valid then?

Money doesn't matter, because Transformer grosses more.

Popularity doesn't matter, because people are plebs.

Critics don't matter because they're paid by Disney.

So by what stick should we measure these movies, you contrarian shit

How about you actually discuss the merits of the movie itself. Lots of movies make money and lots of movies are popular, that's not how you define if something is good or bad.

I am, in other threads.

This one is about the money, and you come in saying "NUH MONEY DON'T MATTER"

This thread is about consolewars.

>haha my company of choice's movie is going to make more than yours!

>>WE ARE WORKING WITH AUTISM ON AN APOCALYPTIC LEVEL

And if you say it's a good movie and you had fun and enjoyed it, inevitably some smug Chad will pop out to tell you that you're just a pleb with shit taste and you have no class

To pretend GOTG2 is anything other than awesome is just pure contrarian bullshit perpetrated by either fans of Zack "I suck fucking ass at my job" Snyder or fedora tippers who whine "not muh comic books version of Star-Lord"

I mean you look like an absolute fool for even implying this movie wasn't great. I would knock that shit off if I were you

>disney shill gets triggered
Beautiful.

>I mean you look like an absolute fool for even implying this movie wasn't great.

The Empire Strikes Back is a great movie. This is just mindless fun for 2 hours.

>fun for 2 hours

only on Sup Forums is this a bad thing

Where did I say it was a bad thing?

Is this movie worth seeing?

>boo hoo why can't you be stupid like me?

If you like LELSORANDUMB, yes.

>pretending your pee jar Jolly Rancher bullshit is a movie for "smart folks"

>not taking disneys "1000 years of darkness" plan into account
more like 5 and 8 cameo crossovers in other movies (including reboots)

What does BvS have to do with this movie? No one even brought it up. You fucking consolewar shitter.

Is the entire movie just lolrandom? Are there any cool action scenes? Any actually funny bits? Trying to decide whether to download it or not.

The original post literally references BvS you ass clown.

yes yes yes and no go see it on the big screen in 3D you lose so much when you download it

The OP wasn't defending BvS. He was just trying to bait you consoleware faggots into outing yourselves.

I'm broke senpai

A better Dragonball fight than the actual Dragonball movie.

Meh I'll just wait for the torrent

>no one even brought it up
>literally the first post
>gets mentioned again
>"you're console wars"

Im not a consolewar faggot you retard, Im just pointing out how stupid a post was.

what a good waifuuuu you would be

F8 is not making more than the 1.5 billion made by the original Avengers. It'll stop around 1.2.