Did they forget about gravity well projector ships?

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gravity_well_projector
>A gravity well projector was a powerful device affixed to an Interdictor cruiser used to pull ships out of hyperspace. As a ship could not usually enter hyperspace when within a planet's gravitational pull, the gravity well projector mimicked the effect by creating a strong artificial gravity well known as an interdiction field
It makes sense for the empire to use these to prevent the rebel fleet from escaping.

Why the fuck do those hacks at disney forget about them?
Why the fuck those "reviewers" don't have a problem with this scene?
Why the fuck the "fans" don't have a problem with this scene yet proceed to shit on the PT or OT which actually went to great lengths to flesh out the world and make it believable and consistent?

Have the multiple marvel "movies" per year destroyed the critical thinking of the movie going audience?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A fan made star wars inspired animation on YouTube is much better produced and much more plausible and consistent. Fuck Disney.

youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU

>drops to normal space just outside range
>still going at 99.999c

still getting btfo

No, they didn't.
They just don't give a single fuck about universe, lore or fans.

They forgot about tractor beams and basic flanking maneuvers too

>Did they forget
Nobody involved with the movie knew of it in the first place. They aren't Star Wars fans even though a lot of their job is supposed to revolve around inhaling Star Wars lore so that these products feel consistent.

that pilot chick is yummy
why can't we have nice things anymore?

Why can't we have music like this in a Star Wars movie? The music in RO was like a wet dogfart. I would've been hyped if during the attack on Scarriff this played. Soyboys hate fun I guess.

yes /thread

>She strong independant womyn
Basically they dont give a fuck about any established canon SW galaxy rules. Like people needing Jedi training to actually be able to use force powers or lightsaber

people don't need jedi training to use lightsaber
people need jedi training to fight jedi/sith with it

I don't get them. I assume they work by creating gravity wells. If gravity wells stop ships for entering hyperspace then how in rogue one do they jump to light in atmosphere.

Unless they create wells bigger then a whole planet.

>99.999c

i think you meant .99999c, but that's ok. To be fair you have to have a very high IQ to understand star wars

>If gravity wells stop ships for entering hyperspace
it's just a sensor failsafe, not a physical inability to engage hyperspace with a planet in front of you (you will splatter if you hit something in hyper)

The demo version of this video had so much better music. He fucked it up on the final version.

It doesn't fit Star Wars and it's easily the worst part of that otherwise great short movie

Oh fuck off. The Last Jedi is the first good Star Wars movie in 30 years.

Lots of pacing issues and plot holes, plus character inconsistencies between various points in their character arcs, keep it from being great. I'm pretty sure you can cut the entire Canto Bight arc from the film and it'd be not only better, but no more confusing for the omission.

But it's still a really good film. The music and visuals are great, probably because this is the first Star Wars by an actually skilled director since George replaced all the talented people who worked on the OT. The core emotional arc between Rey, Kylo, and Luke works really well and everyone involved gives great performances. The action is really fun when it counts, like the opening with Poe or Luke's short but sweet duel with Kylo, despite the pacing dragging a lot during the second act.

Overall, I rate 86/100 - better than anything *since* the OT, but weighed down by too many plot and pacing problems to be on the level of the originals.

Because the force is female

Ok then how do the Interdictors work? If they are just creating gravity wells cant you just turn off the same fail safe and still jump?

yes
but without that you're basically doing leap of faith and anything in your path is gonna kill you

To be able to use the saber effectively against say blaster fire, you need Jedi training. To use it as a traditional sword would render it far less effective, but you're correct that otherwise, they wouldn't need Jedi training per se.

>work with huge bisexual star wars nerd
>asks me if I've seen THE LAST JEDI(TM)
>tell him no, but I'd seen Sup Forums spoiler webms and read the plot already, decided it looked worse that the last one which I actively disliked
>he gushes about how good he thinks it is
>is actively lauding it to other people around us
>other star wars fan nearby mentions something relating back to the OT
>the biggest nerd starts going on about "canon abilities"
>point out that the canon had been literally set on fire before his eyes during the movie
>he's smart enough to see the symbolism after it's pointed out to him
>watch the light die in his eyes
It was GLORIOUS

So by the OPs post then. An Interdictor would not stop you suicide ramming the ship.

You're fucking autistic. It fit the video like a glove.

If they are just creating gravity wells cant you just turn off the same fail safe and still jump?
They can , the point of Interdictors is to pull vessels out from a jump by freaking out the navigation fail-safes, presumably into the clutch of a waiting fleet. At that point they'd have to make an immediate blind jump to escape, which is a pretty big gamble.

no

Hopefully he kills himself.

And there I go fucking up quoting.

> ”””””””huge star wars nerd””””””
> excited about soy wars disney edition

Why not? If the failsafe is down you should still be able to hyperspace which is what I assume (you) said. Why Can't you hyperspace ram?

>bisexual star wars nerd
He's not a nerd he's a normal degenerate. He only likes Star Wars for the same reason he likes Doctor Who and Game of Thrones.

Interdictor Cruisers are in the Expanded Universe OP
And the EU got trashed

no as in "no, iterdick wouldn't stop you from jumping"

ah sorry. Read it wrong.

Nope. They are in the rebels series which is canon and are also in a couple of nu-canon books.

>people arguing over the science of star wars when it was entirely an after-thought shoved in later to appease nerds who get hung up on this kind of dumb shit

OH NO OUR GIANT SHIP WITH A SUPER GUN IS BEING ATTACKED!

Lets just have our dozen other star destroyers watch instead of helping, bombarding the rebel base or attacking the rebel fleet

Can't have a ship with tits in a Disney movie.

also never mind that our 60 kilomiter-wide star stealth bomber has dozens of corvettes and blastboats specifically designed to help destroy smaller capital ships, we'll just slowly plod after them and wait to run out of fuel

>watching now
>opening scene an xwing single handedly takes out an entire star destroyers weapons

kek dis gon be good. at least this confirms shields dont exist

Shields aren't skin tight in star wars. Poe was low enough that they don't affect the ship.

why use lasers instead of kinetic weaponry if you can just fly through a shield?

Should have used those shields from Rogue One, the kind that you can't fly through.

>all of those showing heads inside of helmets

someone was really butthurt about clone troopers

In order to forget about them they would have actually had to care enough about the setting to know about them in the first place.

>Why the fuck do those hacks at disney forget about them?
QUALITY (((writers))).
>Why the fuck those "reviewers" don't have a problem with this scene?
They fear The Mouse or bribed by them.
>Why the fuck the "fans" don't have a problem with this scene
7 stages of grief. Some stuck at denial.
>Have the multiple marvel "movies" per year destroyed the critical thinking of the movie going audience?
This thing has more systematic and institutional approach than just one set of movies.

Girls don't like Star Wars. Which is why all the girls they hired to run the Star Wars franchise has no idea how it works.

Bravo mouse

Which kino is this?

>Disney uses old SW tech
Hacks
>Disney does not use old SW tech
We want old stuff

Even the Orville has more thought put into it than a billion dollar Disney scifi

>need training
yeah, not true.
hell in the fucking jedi academy game while on the way to the academy, before they've had any training, the main character has already made and uses his own light saber and the other character uses force powers.

this is nothing new. you're just a faggot like every other whiny bitch getting mad about a movie.

there were things i didn't like about the movie, but luckily im an actual adult in both body and mind.

Because of "muh grit"

Deadpool