How much will they fuck this up?

If The Last White Male™ is anything to go by, a lot.

Unless it's being funded and overseen by a Tolkein fanboy it's gonna be cucked as fuck.

it will be orc-posting the show

Expect nigger elves and sandnigger hobbits.

>It's literally a middle Earth tax policy episode
I dunno how to feel

They could appease everybody quite easily but Jackson's middle earth will be etched into everybodys mind so diversifying the 'good guys' will likely annoy alot of people

Personally I would have no issue with having middle Eastern or black deserters from Harad, Khand or Rhun included in the story.

Just accept that all wizards will be 50 year old purple haired woman and you'll love it just fine

there will be LOTS of black and asian people

Diversity in film is a good thing

WE

>Amazon is Disney now
?

I'd be fine with this if they where all qt thicc stacked mommies

Aragorn and Legolas will be black.

They will invent a new main character that happens to be black just to avoid all those "muh it's different from the novel" complainers.

If they PC assassinate LotR, theres no chance the normies continue to ignore it.

Benzos is twelve times worse

>at Amazon or Disney / EA
not gonna watch it. even HBO is slowly becoming cuck shit

This. LOTR had a very strong message about race and race relations. Racial identity for all, the importance of keeping tradition and culture alive, the importance of national identity and should a threat arise, it's possible for these groups to work together for a common good.

I really doubt he would have stood for a borderless middle earth where orcs and dwarves are fucking the elves and Gondor elects Uruk-hai to the position of foriegn affair ministers.

>LOOKS LIKE MASS IMMIGRATION IS BACK ON THE MENU, BOYS!

Tolkien fans are like Star War fans but a great deal more intelligent.
They'll kill Amazon.

What is there even to do with Lord of the Rings besides the Silmarillion? Is it even adaptable?
You know they're not going to remake the trilogy and give one season per book, they're not crazy.
So what is there even to diversify? Or are we going to have a "Force Awakens"-like story that's non-canon and purely fanservice?

I'm bogged out of my mind for what can they do with the rights.

>#NotMyDarkLord

You could build a miniseries out of Silmarillion stories, sure.

>dwarves are fucking the elves
I am now reminded of Tamriel and Fily or whoever the fuck.

Is it true in Tolkien's world if you try to rape an Elf she disintegrates?

Please don't, every TV show have a shitty budget and little time to record.

Le muh white genocide

all the meme proved me is jews are racist and literally modern day hitlers :^)

but that would be stupid

I heard it was going to be an original story set in Tolkiens middle earth. So yeah, non-cannon fan service

Say what you want about Amazon but as far as I can tell it's nowhere as bad as Netflix and I don't see their productions being filled with niggers. In fact their tv series seem to be the least inclusive in terms of PoC etc.

She'd die of grief / shock, assuming you could physically hold her down (elves are strong AF)

More like disappears like a jedi

So you're saying she'd lose the will to live?

>Or are we going to have a "Force Awakens"-like story that's non-canon and purely fanservice

This is so do-able it hurts.
You'd have like a quirky young Hobbit girl that's now living in Bag-End. She's heard of Bilbo and Frodo's adventures and shit and wants to go out and discover the world. The Shire is attacked by some whatever enemy and Shire Mayor Samwise Gamgee helps her escape, gives her Sting, tells her to find what remains of the original Fellowship and that she needs to discover her past.
That sets her on some ebin tale filled with cameos by the original actors, culminating in meeting Aragorn at the end, where he makes the new felloship generation, with Gimli and Legolas' adopted elf and dwarf kids, Aragorn's kid and Éowyn's daughter.
Later they'd discover she's like Bilbo's great-granddaughter or whatever and a new ring is being created because nothing can be original these days.
Fucking murder me

Amazon literally just announced Black America. You know exactly how this LOTR show is gonna go

screenshot this

Southerlings are actually the good guys, and we would have been better of admitting them in Gondor by the thousands?

>inb4 Black America is being made purely to avoid backlash when LOTR has a mostly-white cast

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M2u-85SB80

>Black America is being made purely to avoid backlash when LOTR has a mostly-white cast

that would actually be alright. when people complain at LOTR you could just point to black america and ask where the whites and asians are

Holy shit, are you from the future?

I thought it was going to be an extension of Lord of the Rings + War of the Ring stuff.

Maybe they'll try to cover the Fellowship directly but I imagine it will be about Faramir and Denethor, Eomer and Eowyn, Elrond and his sons- except it will follow them the whole way through.

The war went on for years IIRC so they'll inject it with filler.

>tfw to smart two not start too wars at the same time

Please fucking delete this right now before they read it and do it.

Put me in the screencap please.

Seriously, I wouldn't normally pre-cog gripe about something until its made, but there is 0% percent chance that this won't include shoe-horned ethnic virtue signaling.

I'm not even adverse to the idea of focusing on the eastern kingdoms and Harad ect. In fact, a show set in Harad/the east with the blue wizards weaving in and out of the plot it could be fucking amazing. In fact, the cities of the corsairs and coastal Harad would naturally be an ethnically diverse land, sure to have Gondorians, Haradrim, easterlings, probably a smidgen of everything (except elves, I couldn't see that happening). I can dig a story about a group from Umbar finding some elven mcguffin and needing to journey to an elven stronghold in Arnor or somewhere remote.

Instead, I'm sure we'll get the original cast diversified, which normally shouldn't be a big deal, but the LOTR is expressly designed to be a British folklore by Tolkien. Imagine if white hollywood took some black literature set in zimbabwe and whitewashed the shit out of it, its the same concept.

They need to do what Disney should have done with SW - just save their millions and make their own generic fantasy universe. Paying for name recognition will only get you so far when you end up just blowing it all up anyway. This is low fantasy we're talking about here. They're planning to write for the time period between Silmarillion and the Hobbit, for which there is basically no source material anyway.

I'm getting pretty fucking sick of pretending like my favorite franchises don't exist anymore and forming my own headcanon. Normies need to fuck off of my media.

>double dubs
Yeah it's pretty much this, confirmed.
I just want my Scouring of the Shire film. Make it like 100 minutes, short and sweet.

Actually, "Tales from the War of the Ring" might be a thing, a miniseries with each episode/s detailing something that was going on during the trilogy that wasn't shows.
Fuck, I'd even get the original cast together to do a Tom Bombadill episode

It's gonna be the children's of hurien

Gotta grab those incest bucks just like got

r8 my casting for the remake

kek

saruman got btfo by some deus ex machina shit
what you gonna do.
he can only do so much