Can we get an update on how this is doing financially from someone who actually knows their shit?

Can we get an update on how this is doing financially from someone who actually knows their shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=starwars8.htm
variety.com/2017/film/news/star-wars-the-last-jedi-worldwide-box-office-800-million-1202648736/
twitter.com/weier1231997/status/945465768371613696
reddit.com/r/movies/comments/7kkrk5/after_watching_the_last_jedi_are_you_still/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The force is female, master sweaty

>knows their shit
>Sup Forumsedditor

pick one

Why? Why do people care so much about how many millions of dollars it makes?

Even if somebody on Sup Forums does, he'll get drowned out by retards pulling retarded bullshit out of their ass.

I know my shit, I sell popcorn at the move theater. This is the biggest disaster in the history of cinema and marvel is selling Star Wars rights to DC to make up for all the money they're losing.

well i can guarantee that this is the last time ever i waste my time with dogshit wars. whatever their finance was before wont be having me in next season

it was boring, offensive and i hated it. why the fuck i´d talk something i find disgusting?

It's still top at the box office. A drop like this is massive, however we're not in bomb territory yet, especially since Christmas holidays fell on this weekend something like that is even expected to some extent.

If this continues onto next weekend, we might be observing the largest disaster of the franchise, but by no means a loss for the mouse.

TLJ is such a disaster my local kinoplex pulled it from theatres and is showing Valerian again.

They're still easily going to make a profit off of all the merch they've pumped out and the braindeads buying it, but they've basically destroyed the brand's reputation harder than the prequels ever did.

Solo is going to make a small loss, and Disney execs are already shitting themselves over this one. They've managed to tank a property that was an easier sell than fucking Superman, and they didn't even hire an edgy cunt to do it.

some sort of personal achievement because they support/like the franchise. these people more often than not have no personal accomplishments and try to latch desperately to any that the products they consume make

At this moment it shows Deadpool-esque gross. I understand that there's no foreign market yet, and it will obviously get more, but the word is spreading - the dynamics doesn't match a huge opening.

The force is female

Internalized Capitalism.

how does Snoke breathe with that hole in his throat?

Why is Snoke the biggest character like he's an important part of the plot?

>Why is Snoke the biggest character like he's an important part of the plot?

Cause the first movie said so.

No it didn't. Just showed a Sheev wannabe.

snoke is just boring copypasted CGI villain who dies in the movie his first introduced in, they let him do cool jedi trick once and kill him off

Game of Thrones lets characters build and develop which makes you care about the story, while Star Wars just chews and spits them out like bubblegum

Walking Death Star Robot

The boxoffice is sexist, sweetie.

The only thing that could lower my expectations for IX would be bringing people involved with writing or doing voice acting for FO4 into the project

because that's what determines success for these huge companies. they only understand money and if people stop paying for star wars bullshit then they'll get the message that they fucked up. In the capitalist dystopia that is modern america, you vote with your wallets

>The largest disaster
this is just the beginning, when Solo hits theaters heads will roll.

>a popcorn merchant who happens to have first hand intimate knowledge of top level coporate dealings

gee, almost made janitor finn looked good

It's more believable than Finn knowing both how to shut down the shields on Starkiller AND how to deactivate the tracking device on the Sovereign.

Seriously why the fuck did they even include the "miniaturized death star tech" line in Episode 8? It made absolutely no sense whatsoever and the battering ram didn't even look like the death star canon.

rolo dolo

>we're headed to a small solar system outside the out rim
>wait a minute, those aren't planets
>they're death stars!

So you pander to girls with space shit while its actually the guys who wanna watch these, girls rather watch bad moms and twilight than feminist space shit.
So congrats for losing your only audience stupid fucks

kek. The writing really was the worst part of Fallout Four wasn’t it? It’s fun to fuck around in, add some mods that make the Brotherhood of Steel your Space Marine bros.

But it's already the top movie of they year and made back it's profits. It's Star Wars, it's impossible to not be successful.

>Ms. Hart’s first move was to make the story group entirely female, starting with Rayne Roberts and Carrie Beck. Both women had experience in film development but had also worked in other arenas — Ms. Roberts in magazine publishing, and Ms. Beck with the Sundance Institute.

>actually thinking star wars will do poorly in any way, regardless of how shit the movie is
have the prequels taught you nothing?

>Inhales farts
>MMM TASTES JUST LIKE THE FORCE AND SOY MMMMM
>sucks on a big poopoo
>NOT EATING SHIT IS THE DARK SIDE WITH POO IM FORCE IM STRONG FEMALE IM FORCE
>lets out a big gassy fart
>MOM I USED MY JEDI POWER
>continues to inhale liquid shit
>YEAH LAST JEDI WAS GOOD MOVIE MM I LIKE SHIT AND SMELLING FARTS TOO MOM I NEED A NEW POOPY DIAPER BEFORE WATCH LAST JEDI AGAIN
Feminists everyone

can't compare this nu-shit with prequels faglord

they're both shit and they both did more than well financially, it is a fair comparison regardless of your sperg attitude of which one you dislike more

True, this film did better than it had any right to, but still it has been a financial failure. Disney runs on greed and this film didn’t make enough money for their tastes. Just like with Avengers Age of Ultron, which did well but not well enough, we are gonna see a shakeup at the director/producer/whatever Kathleen Kennedy’s position is.

It didn't work like the death star laser at all either

>TLJ is such a disaster my local kinoplex pulled it from theatres and is showing Valerian again.

BASED

>thats no sun. it's a space station

It's not the Titanic but it's not a tugboat either. Lotta hyperboke hyperbole itt. I doubt TLJ clears $300 million in the US, but globally thats where the real money is made these days, China is much bigger than Sup Forums cares to understand. TLJ will make about $2 billion in China alone, and end up with 3.5 billion total. Not bad.

Nothing in these movies makes any fucking sense it's just advertisements for toys

Why didn't they just lightspeed ram the Rebel base?

Can we all atleast agree that TLJ > TFA

I don't know how anyone can actually like TFA.

Allot of millennials never saw episode 4 and think TFA is a completely original stoke of genius

If disney loses money and collapses it will be good for creativity in cinema

793 million as of yesterday morning, no accurate christmas numbers yet
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=starwars8.htm

pretty good for not even 2 whole weeks

I don't know, but I guarantee you this film is doing fantastic. The only Star Wars film to top The Last Jedi is The Force Awakens, and people our excited for this trilogy! I personally know multiple people who went to the theatre more than once because TLJ was so good.

Christmas may be over, but everyone can appreciate a good gift in this Holiday season. Buy tickets for The Last Jedi now!

>pic related, the only accurate ranking of the Star Wars films

ayy

You kidding me?

Fuck off.

Women in general should stop parading about their rights, it makes their inferiority complex more obvious. Seriously.

If men hadn't stripped women of their rights for thousands of years they wouldn't have this "inferitority complex", would they?

Looking at TLJ, TFA, R1 and other blockbuster box office numbers, I think it will gross about 600 million domestically and 500 more overseas. Very high chance it could perform even worse if the backlash and bad word of mouth continues. I could see it ending at slightly below 1 billion. This is definitely the biggest cinema disaster for Disney in recent time.

>it makes their inferiority complex more obvious
>so triggered about women wanting to exist without being persecuted that he cries about it on anonymous imageboards

makes you think

We should strip them again.

What does Reddit think of The Last Jedi?

That would show what normies actually think of the movie

even if we did you still wouldn't be getting laid, so there's no point really

why do you care how a kids movie is doing financially? star wars is now in the same category as 'Divergent' and 'The Hunger Games'

Bipedal Death Star Rex

YEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

>I doubt TLJ clears $300 million in the US,

It's already at $400 million you fucking idiot. Even the most conservative projections say its pretty much confirmed to hit at least $650 mil domestic

men from the past were right and it shouldve stayed that way

You're not making a case for women.

You used "retard" twice in your sentence, buy a dictionary

What the fuck, dude? You are already existing, not all men hate women. You know what, I'm not gonna waste my time dabbling in useless ideologies and philosophies of the Western, it makes them sound like they don't have anything else to think of.

Well he does have a point, retards do say retarded things.

The all important question is what the ROI of this movie is going to be. Of the trilogy, in fact.

No. TFA was Disney being safe and safety was better than this trainwreck

Lol where do you get your numbers from, Disney itself? I'm a subscriber to a private service that calculates theatrical receipts for the coastal US, and TLJ may not clear $200 million. As I said, it's a disappointment here and I wouldn't be surprised if Disney itself is leaking disinformation. The box office receipts you referenced, most likely fake. Studios lie I hate to tell you.

What rights? There are no universal rules or rights, with exception of one - might makes right. The strong rule over the weak. All the rights and privileges that women have were given to them by men.

It is pacing significantly behind TFA. Very significantly. Anyone who tries to use the second week Christmas/Christmas Eve excuse is wrong, as TFA had a comparable interaction with Christmas and that wouldn't account for such a significant drop.

Word of mouth is toxic on this one. You HAD to see TFA. Not TLJ.

It's being shilled hard, of course, but it's especially hard in the SW sub. You'll see dozens upon dozens of positive posts and posts mocking people who didn't like it. Apparently, the mods are removing negative submissions. The only place you'll find negative comments are at the bottoms of some posts, where they're bombarded with d*votes and their bugman "to be fair" asshole attackers are guilded and showered with boats

numbers are fun

Disney is milking Star Wars for short term cash as opposed to constructing a viable longterm franchise. Stupid really.

ROI TLJ: $115 ~million
ROI trilogy? $1.8 billion
Disney expected better clearly

It's not going make more than 600 million unless it suddenly starts making more money in following weeks than it did on its first week, which obviously isn't going to happen. TLJ's numbers are completely abysmal so far for a mega blockbuster, with the exception of a fantastic opening. If not for that opening it would 100% end up below R1 total gross.

Robert, is that you?

Higher ups are in a rage.
Solo cant seem to get over with test audiences
>Despite doubling down
>Despite removing all of qweens cuntyness
>Nice casting there kiddo
Kdyk is deflecting but her head is already rolling
Skankzilla has a drug problem
>If only you know how bad it was
JJ thinks it cant be saved and cant reboot
>No one talks about Diver
>Same with oogboo
>Guess they are fine
Marketing was changed 5+ times
The idea is to let the flop happen then point fingers publicly and start over in kenobi
>With plenty of double speak about not letting ideologies get in the way of entertainment
>If this works I will lose faith in humanity
Oh and talks of Lucas being involved obviously.
>He wont.

Ofc I am lying about all of this and it is all speculation so take it with a spoon of salt, later cock knockers xoxo.

Solo won't clear $100m in the US. It will be glorious. Can't wait.

But they threw out all his ideas for Episode 7/8. Why would they want him now?

It won't even make HALF of Avatar's gross. Hahahhahaah

fuck off larper

we both know disney would sue any theater into a oblivion so hard that it could never reopen again in a civilized system.

Lets go to planet deathstar, where the roads are paved with deathstar, the rivers and streams are liquid deathstar, and a small deathstar orbits planet deathstar.
> what’s the special today?
> pan seared deathstar with a honey deathstar glaze.

>“The Last Jedi” took in $27.5 million on Christmas Day on Monday at 4,232 North American locations to lift its 11-day domestic total to $396.5 million — already the 28th-highest of all time. “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” tops the domestic list with $936.7 million and “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” is in seventh place with $532.2 million.
variety.com/2017/film/news/star-wars-the-last-jedi-worldwide-box-office-800-million-1202648736/

No way this thing is hitting 600 million. I'm guessing it gets to around Rogue One's numbers and peters off.

twitter.com/weier1231997/status/945465768371613696
>Chinese pre-sale of The Last Jedi already started. Early tracking shows it probably will make under $30M on three-day debut. The Force Awakens - $52.82M 2-day debut / $125.26M total Rogue One - $32.51M 3-day debut / $69.15M total

Because they threw out all of his ideas for Episode 7/8 and failed dummy.

>Your best hope now is Lucas double cucks disney takes their money for his help
>Then runs it into the ground harder out of spite
>I honestly hope he does

But this is also anticipated, my only proof for all of this is the ending for 9 is Rey dies with Kylo on a lightning planet (it was lava before honestly)

Because if it fails, perhaps someday we'll be able to live in a world without Star Wars.

No, not even close. It was leaps and bounds worse, as reflected by audience scores and box office

TFA was lazy but competent. TLJ was lazy and pants-on-head retarded at the same time

To prove to the shills that it really is unpopular and the RT score is real. Also to stick it to the Mouse.

really bad ranking

Even Reddit hates it. Lmao
The bought-and-paid-for r/StarWars sub is shilling it and censoring criticism, but other subs like r/movies, r/boxoffice, r/news etc are shitting all over it and making fun of how badly written it is

Take a look reddit.com/r/movies/comments/7kkrk5/after_watching_the_last_jedi_are_you_still/

>give women rights
>world shifts into chaos

Maybe we should have stuck to what worked.

Neill Blomkamp for IX when

This.

Zero. Zilch. 0 interest in seeing this movie. Like NONE. Easily the dumbest character to get his own movie.

Yet would happily give money to see Boba escape the pit and team up with Solo and Chewie in a campy retarded flick.

>it's impossible to not be successful.
Except in the eyes of the moviegoing public who consider it a failure.

>They're still easily going to make a profit off of all the merch they've pumped out and the braindeads buying it
You mean the toys no one is buying? Or the games made by EA who people have risen up against for bad business practices?

Bringing it back VI was a mistake. I respect it in a New Hope and being built up to that point but look how it's slipped and dominated the series.

>HUR DEATH STAR SIZED GALAXY

I spit on them.