Blacks are less than 3% of the UK population

>blacks are less than 3% of the UK population.
>Asians are 5%

How come the BBC represent Asians despite being far larger in the population?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9wj0wD-X1cc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

*represent Asians less

Same with america. I think they just bitch alot less.

There are several reasons.
Blacks achieved a niche whereas Asians still don't really have one (if you don't want them representing stereotypes aka samurai, kung fu master, war movie, then for all intents and purposes they are just white people).
Think about a fantasy adaptation like Game of Thrones. For some odd as balls reason a black character breaks immersion less than an Asian person within the realms of a medieval fantasy story.
The one exception is Subotai's character from Conan the Barbarian but that's like a very unique world even within the realm of fantasy.

I think it parallels the real world, where Asian people have very rarely ventured outside of Asia historically (aside from the mongols), whereas blacks have historically been intertwined with white people (genetically too in many cases).

Political correctness going insane.

asian in the uk means mid eastern you brainlet

Like a lot of Europe they are heavily influenced by American culture and politics where blacks exist as the second biggest demographic (you can market to southern Americans and Europeans with the same actors)

Also another poster said blacks are raised to ask for gibs and a lot of white virtue signalers feel happy helping those poor little niglets.

Asians work hard and do well on their own, liberals don't get any satisfaction for rewarding groups that exhibit such behavior.

>its a americans dont understand what asian means in the UK episode

There are separate stations for the Pakistanis, so in general they are less interested in what's on the main BBC stations. Plus black people have mostly been absorbed into the white british culture to the point where the only significant difference is skin colour, asians still have a much more distinct independent culture, probably because they pretty much all originate from the same region whereas black British people are much more diverse amongst themselves.

Asians have Indian, Hong Kongese, Taiwanese, Japanese, Korean etc film industries while Nogs only have Nigerian Sony handy cam film industry.
What the stereotypes of Asians: 7/11 stores, mathematical and medical occupations, kebab stores and so. What do have Africans?

>black character breaks immersion less than an Asian person within the realms of a medieval fantasy story.
Nonsense, both of them would completely break the immersion unless the black is portrayed as a slave.
Arabs would make sense in a medieval story from a historical point of view, and alot of them are "asian".

It actually means Indian and Pakistani, not mid-eastern.

>where blacks exist as the second biggest demographic
"no"

>OP doesn't post his sources
Who says Asians are represented less? Have you actually watched telly the past ten years?
From soaps, to original shows to stand-up.
You're just pulling shite out your arse and calling it facts

>Asians work hard and do well on their own

No, "Asian" in Britain means Indians and Pakistanis, it NEVER means east asians. In b4 >hurr y u do it wrong???, Brits have been using "asian" as a synonym for "indians and pakistanis" since literally before the USA even existed.

>Asians have Indian, Hong Kongese, Taiwanese, Japanese, Korean

Not British asians, they just have Bollywood. Chinks and Japs are not called "asians" in Britain, any more than Russians are.

Black = Diversity. I would have prefere a Paki Doctor than a woman.

Unironically, racism. To the people casting, blacks are the most 'diverse'. You have to understand that it's not simply anything but white males, it's the furthest thing from them appearance wise that they want. Also, the American connection. These things don't operate in a vacuum, the fact that America has a large black population is relevant.

This. An Arab would never be called "asian" in Britain, nor would an Iranian or an Egyptian, it only ever refers to indians and pakistanis.

>asian in the uk means mid eastern you brainlet
no it means south asian

people that look like they're from india, bangladesh, pakistan, sri lanka

you know that part of asia the british ruled?

There’s something utterly charming about a black with a British accent.

And Portugal explored Asia way before UK and "asian" means chinese or japanese to them. I gues is all a matter of perspective.

You're right, I was thinking of Karate asians, not British Tabloid code word gang rape asians.

>And Portugal explored Asia way before UK and "asian" means chinese or japanese to them. I gues is all a matter of perspective.

Are we speaking in Portuguese? Is this story about Portuguese tv? No? Then who fucking cares what they say, dipshit?

Because they are a large demographic in London and when the people who make entertainment live their they thing that what they see on the street there is what the rest of the country is like. They really do believe that there are blacks and muslims in the countryside in large numbers too.

> Chinks and Japs are not called "asians" in Britain

Yes they are by practically everyone. Calling Indians and Paki's Asians is almost exclusively a media thing.

>Tabloid code word

See, this is how I know you're a moron. It's not a code, its literally the correct usage of "asian" in a British context. Literally everyone here knows what "asian" means, no-one is trying to trick us into thinking these are chinese rape gangs.

>BBC
The answer is right there in your question, OP.

Post facts or belt up, faggot. As much as I enjoy watching you cunts whipping yourselves up into a froth-mouthed frenzy over nothing, it's getting tiresome at this juncture m8

>Yes they are by practically everyone.

No, they aren't. They are NEVER called "asians", in fact, only ever "east asians" or by their nationality.

A large number of blacks are fully integrated, and are separate from Caribbean or what culture that they came from. This makes it easier to cast them in films, because film directors do want integrated 'white' blacks, but not caribbean blacks. Of course they still get typecast.
This role is harder for Asians to fill; as while blacks can typically fill a 'white' role, its a lot harder. This means integrated Asians are wanted to play Asian roles, which they can't because they're integrated.

t. american

There are other people that speak english other than british, amerisharts for instance. So saying that the correct way of referring to indians/pakistanis is asian because you "did it first" is retarded.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease

>Largest foreign born population in each borough

asians have taken over cities like Leicester, Bradford, Blackburn, Birmingham, Luton etc. black people have only taked over a few boroughs in london

>Germany
more like German Turks

Ok so it turns out OP is a retard and meant to say Indian/Pakistani when he said Asian.
In that case he's actually wrong. Indians and Pakistani people are quite prevalent in British TV productions, maybe not BBC specifically and maybe not as leading characters, but I've seen many Sikh's portrayed in British media in general.

India after all used to be part of the British empire and was even the 'jewel in the crown'.

You get Indians in everything from The Secret Garden/A Little Princess to The Jungle Book and assorted tales from Rudyard Kipling that have essentially become British staples and part of British culture proper.

Nah black people don't break immersion anywhere near the level of Asians, even in a historical period drama context.
Remember that black (moor) crusader in Kingdom of Heaven? I accepted that in an instant. You couldn't have said the same for an Asian.

they still keep producing non-british indian culture shows with british born indians

they aren't integrating them on purpose
>the boy with the topknot
>Citizen khan
>The indian doctor
>goodness gracious me(kind of)

>There are other people that speak english other than british

Irrelevant because we're talking about Britain.

>So saying that the correct way of referring to indians/pakistanis is asian because you "did it first" is retarded.
That's not what I said, but it IS an excellent reason why WE use the word that way, because we have done so since before your country even existed.

>richmond upon thames
>german
that cant be right.

Moors were mostly berbers and other north african tribes, very few blacks. And is not because it doesn't break the immersion to you that this is an universal truth, you're probably just used to see blacks in american media.

Bankers from Frankfurt.

How do exactly some Poos, Pakis, Yemenis etc can afford their living in the capital and Alpha++ city?

Why did UK choose the ugliest 3rd worlders? Why couldn't they choose us? We would have brought more of this to them, stupid fucks.

Social housing.

a lot of them moved here in the 60s 70s 80s when you get cheap council housing and then they stayed there. east london has loads of bangladeshi businesses because of this and our corner shops are all owned by indians or turks

>>blacks are less than 3% of the UK population.
haha, yeah no

Why didn't Queen just gave that housing to other bongs? Without importing tons african and asians UK elite couldn't handle its global businesses?

so which minorities are the most quality ones in bongistan?

>Asians are 5%

How come every third brit I meet traveling is brown?

>code word
india and pakistan are in asia, dumbass, as is the "middle east." "asian" does not simply mean sinic/sinid/sinoid, despite what americans think

bongs did have social housing and were quite poor in london and before the asians you had jewish greek and other european migrants but obviously they integrated and appeared as "british" quicker. there was a lot of gang violence in london because of these people only one i can think of right now is The Krays

Define quality?

The Chinese are usually ok, most of them are Hong Kongers who didn't want to stick around when Beijing got its dirty hands back on the city. Sikhs are good too, usually very patriotic and integrate.

we've referred to brown people as asians since the days of empire nothing PC about it

youtube.com/watch?v=9wj0wD-X1cc

The chinese are terrible sometimes they've taken over chinatown in leicester square with their massage spas and corrupt prostitution and restaraunts. but of course this is fine unlike the brown asians because their seen as cool and acceptable as a tourist destination

all the foreigners are in england. Scotland, northern Ireland and wales are mostly white but england is america tier except with more racemixing

Indians

And the worst quality are Pakistanis and Bangaldeshis

Now look on a map of where these three countries are in relation to one another

Muzzies are trash wherever you go, they turn even otherwise industrious races into uneconomic parasites

Asian in U.K means arabs. This whole thread is people thinking of orientals, who are less than 1% of the population.

Indians, I've known white people who married up into wealthy Indian families.

>Ok so it turns out OP is a retard and meant to say Indian/Pakistani when he said Asian.
That's what they come under in the census. The ethnicity is Asian, and then they can further specify which background, and Indian, Pakistani etc are options to tick, whereas others have to write their background.

their niche is playing the roles of traditionally white characters? how is that a niche?

For black men, I think they've superseded any prior incarnations of the 'tough, streetwise, and physically domineering' archetype because both physically and culturally they embody that 'ideal'.