I'm thinking of making a cartoon series for YouTube, but I'm wary. My idea is aimed at 7-11 year old kids...

I'm thinking of making a cartoon series for YouTube, but I'm wary. My idea is aimed at 7-11 year old kids, but most of the popular animation channels are aimed at adults. I'm afraid I'll miss the target and only attract adults... or worse, not attract any audience at all.

The fact that I live in the UK pretty much destroys any chance I have of getting onto a big TV network.

Don't be afraid to put out content just because certain demographics is more popular than others. You will never grow that way. Also no matter what, there will always be people watching things that are not their age range, its inevitable. This board is proof of that. As long as you are strictly trying to appeal to the 7-11 age range like you stated, OP, you should be fine. The only thing you should really worry about is probably money.

Do you have a tumblr or another Youtube channel where you make art and animations regularly? It's probably the best way to promote your stuff and get good practice on your art and animations regularly.

That depends on how you market it, most YT users are children, Pewd's fanbase is mostly children and there are tons of channels making a buck out of children's content. The difficult part is how will your audience find the series on the site

I welcome fans of all ages, but the primary target audience is 7-11, and I'm concerned about *only* attracting adults. Content on YouTube isn't divided into separate "Kids" sections the way TV is. This is a good thing in the sense it won't turn away adult viewers, but bad as as it's up to chance if the content actually attracts kids or not.

I already have a plan for money. I intend to build up hype first, but that has the same problem - the hype will likely be consumed mostly by people outside the target.

I'm looking for serious answers. I don't need figurative facts like "only little kids use YouTube anyway". I want LITERAL facts.

As for channels that are popular on children's content... correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I know, most of those are for toddlers or really young children, not the 7-11 that my show (and most of the cartoons Sup Forums talks about) are aimed at.

>Pewd's fanbase is mostly children
I keep hearing this. I really hope it's supposed to be figurative. PewDiePie's content isn't appropriate for children, and if the *majority* of his fanbase really are literal children (and not just childish adults), this says a lot about today's parents.

Need any voice actors, user?

No it's not figurative. I'm pretty sure the core of his fanbase is ~13
The thing about it is many parents just aren't into tech, they have no idea what their kid is actually doing and someone like PDP uploads frequently and appeals to them. Kids go on Youtube, it's almost an inevitability they'll find Pewdiepie.
Most kids these days probably know who he is

Do it user. Worse case thing to happen is nobody watches it.

But do children really make up the *majority* of his audience? or is it just a cult following of children with negligent parents?

Children are all over Youtube. Even posting with accounts.
I'll admit I don't know enough about PDP to really say definitely it's kids, though I'm pretty sure there'll be some sort of evidence out there, but I'm largely sure his audience is kids and that's who he appeals to. The notion didn't start without a reason

Dude, most of his watchers are 7 - 14y olds. they either lie about their age when creating accounts or use the accounts of their parents/older siblings.

Twio years ago a 11y old relative came to visit and she signed all her drawings with her "username" - pewdiepieswife. She and my sisters spent all day drawing fnaf characters and jumping on the trampoline while chanting "smoke weed every day".

this

heres a thing:
does Sup Forums still talk about pdp all the time like 3-5 years ago because he was popular and annoying?

no
so no one on here is in his target demo
so don't pitch it to us, pitch it with a vid on YT

Well, sorry for speaking out of my ass.
Yes I was referring to those channels aimed at toddler, your age range is mostly into gaming stuff so dunno what you can do about that

>your age range is mostly into gaming stuff so dunno what you can do about that
Eh

Complaining about children partaking too much in an activity has been going on for decades. Before YouTube was around, it was just video games in general. Before video games, it was TV. Before TV, believe it or not, it was books. These anecdotal statistics are always exaggerated.

I know people who work with children and while YouTube and video games are popular, it's not the robotic dystopia everyone thinks it is.

>The thing about it is many parents just aren't into tech
This is 2017, user.

Oh come one! I watched Newgrounds cartoons when I was like 9 or 10 and I turned out o-

Wait...

>so no one on here is in his target demo
TARGET demo?
Are you implying PDP is deliberately aiming his content at children, or are you just ignorant of the meaning of words?
If it's the former, then it should be held against PDP himself.

And it's still relevant. Knowing how to use a Phone for Whatsapp is still a far cry from monitoring what your kid is watching on Youtube, or even knowing what he/she could get up to on a mobile device. Some parents kind of have an ideal image of their kid and don't really expect them to look at shite like PDP

Are you the only person working on it, OP?
What's the average length of an episode, and how long would it take to make one?
Put a bit of focus on making clickbaity thumbnails, and you should rack up a decently sized pool of viewers.
Also, make sure to put down an email address for business inquiries in your page's About section.

I intend to hire people for voice acting (obviously) as well as parts that are impossible to do myself on time. I have plans on how I intend to fund it - I'm still working out the kinks but that isn't what this thread is about.

The average episode will probably be 10 or 20 minutes, which is around the same as a TV episode. I intend to make batches of episodes, similar to TV seasons, then release them on a schedule.

Thanks for the advice on thumbnails. I'm mainly looking to attract the 7-11 demographic though, not just any random demographic.

There's one thing I should mention. Most of the characters are in the demographic, which should hopefully help.