RIP Archie Sonic

It's over.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FmN4h4lKwPU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Well it's good to know that it seems the dissolution of the deal had a lot more to do with Archie, and not Sega just being unwilling to deal. Makes me a little more hopeful that some other publisher might pick up the series, although I get the feeling that if they do, Sega will mandate a fresh start with more restrictions.

Whatever, I really just want Mega Drive.

Reeee just give me Overdrive

good

Who cares? It's not like the comics will really effect the franchise.

Fleetway was always superior.

>shit like reggie and me sells low
>better get rid of our best selling comic because its not archie

This company deserves everything that happens to then

Welp. If that's true, it was fun while it lasted.
>No Overdrive
>No Sonicman The Movie issue
youtu.be/FmN4h4lKwPU

Nah

Still isn't the final confirmation.

>Sega will mandate a fresh start with more restrictions.
Should've did that at the first reboot really.

Second part was meant for

Sonic comics should have stopped over a decade ago. Maybe even at the turn of the century.

There already are restrictions out the wazoo.

>He also inferred that Sega apparently wanted more money to retain the license, giving more reasons for Archie to not re-up.

I'd probably want more money for my license too if the people I sold it to ended up fucking me in the ass through sheer negligence.

I'm sad to see it end

I mean I haven't read it in years but it was part of my childhood growing up

But I think we can all agree the fall of Sonic comics started with Penders

You fuckers wanted you live action shit??? You fucking got it, cunts.

I'm going to call it now, IDW is gonna swoop in and pick up the rights as soon as Archie or Sega makes an official statement.

Why would they think a comic based on Reggie and his dog be a good idea?

I don't follow Archie or Sonic comics

Just wondering, has Archie actually been making Sonic comics for all these years? That sounds crazy to me

Sonic/Transformers crossover when?

>potential PR nightmare

This comic was selling what, 7000 copies?

If they can bring Flynn and the Archie cast with them, I say bring it on.

So? Who cares? Sonic hasn't been relevant for decades.

It sold back in the day... and that's it.

It's a huge IP. Regardless of what you think of Sonic, he's a famous character with history and Archie has had the character for like thirty years. It's like IDW losing Transformers. When they announce the comic is cancelled and they lost Sonic, people will talk and it will be big news.

See

Literal fantasy.

Don't be a dick, Superman. Just because Sonic isn't as big as he was in the 90s, doesn't mean he still isn't famous.

>The Ninja Turtles team up with Sonic

So, why should I believe a word some random guy on a Sonic message board says? Like, I'm not gonna outright deny what he's saying, but I'd much rather have a better source than a random post.

Sonic is only as famous as Count Chocula is to a very narrow age group, nothing more.

Just a mascot.

Sonic is literally a cereal box character now

just wait now therell be sonic boom comics from dynamite comics

DESU, the Sanic fanbase is the only one that's going nuclear with this, for the rest of the world is just a small note on the news.

1. He has a tv show
2. He has two new video games being made
3. He's on steam
4. He's SEGA's mascot
5. He still famous
6. He still has a fanbase
7. He has a LIVE ACTION MOVIE made by Sony in the works
8. Said movie will bring Sonic into the public eye again

>dynamite
>not IDW

>If they can bring Flynn and the Archie cast with them

Flynn was part of the reason the book got cancelled. Why bring in the creative team that sank the ship in the first place?

And Sega likely won't let any new licensee use any of the Archie/SatAM OCs. They've wanted those characters eliminated for a long time. And any new publisher will want to start over fresh with their own ideas, anyway.

>7. He has a LIVE ACTION MOVIE made by Sony in the works

> 7. He has a LIVE ACTION MOVIE made by Sony in the works
> 8. Said movie will bring Sonic into the public eye again

Just like the Assassin's Creed movie, uh?

>7. He has a LIVE ACTION MOVIE made by Sony in the works

Hm. How conflicting.

On the one hand, I'm genuinely gonna miss it. On the other, good. Fuck Archie, they don't deserve it anymore.

Live action AND CG HYBRID.

Ya know, like those awful Smurfs movies.

>With Archie gone, the lingering SatAM cast will finally be vanquished forever
>Sally, Bunnie, Nicole, Antoine, Rotor, Dulcie... will never be seen again, ever.

And nothing of value was lost.

I didn't say it would be good. But the movie will bring Sonic to public eye and will temporally boost his fame. Until the movie comes out and it's as shit as Smurfs or Bay Turtles or Chronicle Rangers. It will be popular to make enough money for a sequel and then the sequel will bomb.

Archie has done a lot of great things recently. Afterlife, Chilling adventures, the Archie and Jughead reboots. Sanic was the weak link storywise, but the safe bet in terms of money, mostly because of the loyal fanbase.

Truly.

>If they can bring Flynn and the Archie cast with them

Flynn gets not work for any other publisher outside of a couple of back-up strips in the Nickelodeon TMNT tie-in comic that just got cancelled.

The guy isn't a good writer and I can't see any publisher being in a hurry to hire, especially to continue on with the book he was writing that JUST GOT CANCELLED.

Live action & CGI actually. Granted, the fact Sony's making makes it DOA anyways.

But yeah, I do disagree with the idea that Sonic is irrelevant nowadays. He may not be as popular as he used to be, but people still know the Sonic series.

It's not like the book possibly being cancelled is his fault.

Isn't Flynn already on Jughead?

>It's not like the book possibly being cancelled is his fault.

Ah yes, the creative team behind a book that sold poorly and could no longer justify licensing expenses are totally without blame. Right.

If Flynn was a good writer, then the book would have sold enough units to warrant Archie spending additional funds to keep the license. Flynn didn't write a goof enough book so Archie isn't going to spend the dough to keep it around.

Flynn's as much to blame for the cancellation as everybody else.

>Sonic gets transported to Modern Day New York
>Big shot of him in Time Square
>Sonic sees a chillidog
>"Wow! What is this groovy snack?!!"
>"It's the new four cheese chillidog available at Sonic!"
>"They have a place named after me?!!"

Its certainly not because, ya know, Archie put it on a long hiatus last year, and when it started again many LCS's declined to order it again.

Yeah.

It's several compounding factors.

>Multiple lawsuits (big one)
>Jacked up licensing fees (another big one)
>Declining sales
>Stagnating creative team who have been on the title WAY too long

Flynn isn't the biggest culprit behind the end of the book, but he isn't blameless. Honestly, his work hadn't gotten bad, just bland. He was running on steam for over a year.

Sometimes, creative teams need to be removed from their books when they've overstayed their welcome, run out of ideas and are clearly just clinging to the book for a steady paycheck.

That sucks

>Flynn's as much to blame for the cancellation as everybody else.
Go play with yourself Penders.

Dumbass probably thinks this will drive people to his idiotic fan fiction.

Oh yeah I can't wait for sonic to hang out with a bunch of humans in the live action film. It's not like that idea hasn't been pure liquid shit everytime it's been tried or anything

Good for him. I liked when he used to stop by and glad he's got another book going.

Hm, what B-list actor will they get to play as the normal guy who they have to live with, and is going through some kind of life-crisis that their presence will help solve? Whats the cast of 'How I Met Your Mother' up to these days?

>It's not like that idea hasn't been pure liquid shit everytime it's been tried or anything

Shit, yes.

But the live-action Smurfs and Alvin and the Chipmunks movies have made ungodly amounts of money, and that's what the studios care about.

So a shitty Sonic movie where he "goes through a portal and winds up in New York City" or something isn't as important as a Sonic movie that makes tons of money.

I ain't gonna believe it until Archie confirms it. Anyone who trusts some "my friend's dad's uncle works at Nintendo" bullshit they read online is a retard.

I haven't read the comics in years but I'll be sad if they die off, they were a lot of fun to read back in middle school.

>Patton Oswalt with a shaved head will play Dr. Eggman.

Kill me now.

>Mina Mongoose
>Dead center most prominent character on the anniversary cover

Ah yes, the Cancer Era of the comic.

I liked Mina. She was cute.

Penders bullshit killed some of it already. This was pretty much taking it to the woodshed.

Doesn't help that Archie is a clusterfuck of a company and would burn down the publication if they could land a solid TV MOVIE deal.

>Mina Mongoose
>Dulcy Dragon
>Monkey Khan
>Geoffrey St. John
>All them Enchiladas

Oh holy shit, everything about the Archie Sonic comic was the worst sort of fanfic tier garbage, up to an including a character legitimately named Evil Sonic who is just a green pallet swap of Sonic.

Kill end. End it's misery. This has gone on long enough.

NO
WHAT ABOUT SONIC OVER DRIVE
FUCK

But the early 2000's era was pretty comfy and had that cool Sonic Adventure look going for it (plus 125 had that awesome battle going on).
Shit like the Wedding issues ruined the series a few years later when they ran out of good ideas though.

Dude, those characters have been wiped out of the comic years ago.

what about sonic mega drive?

>including a character legitimately named Evil Sonic who is just a green pallet swap of Sonic
Evil Sonic was a regular Sonic with a leather jacket and glasses at first, then chaos emerald shit happened, he turned green and changed his name to Scourge.

>Archie is the one that made it fail.

Wow. Those shitheads deserve everything coming to them.

The third issue is most likely never coming out. I know. It hurts.

Looking back I'm surprised I didn't become a furfag with my love for these comics.
Scourge was a fun character though.

That's even MORE fanficky.

I mean, Archie's stock will probably drop a lot when the news becomes official. Well, at least I'm assuming that they're publicly traded.

I'd assume it's been going up because of Riverdale and they'd prefer to see how high it goes before they're forced to confirm Sonic's cancellation when it'll drop.

Follow the money.

They are private afaik.

And nobody cares about the Sonic comic, you're delusional lol.

>tfw Sonic will never be cool nor relevant again

cant the artist just leak it after archie sonic goes down under

He'll be relevant when Sony finishes the Live-Action/CGI movie.

It's one of the longest running licensed comic series of all time. If it ran for just a few issues longer it would be THE longestvrunning ones.

>If it ran for just a few issues longer it would be THE longestvrunning ones.

Guess that's not gonna happen.

WAH WAH.

Here is the headquarters of the megaconglomorate Archie Comics.

But maybe not for the right reasons.

The "Not really Archie" comment is the worst. Why would you WANT something to be like Archie? Archie is like if the Fantastic Four was still written by Stan Lee where everyone refers to each other by their family relation.

The ride... has ended. As sad as that is, after the reboot I just wasn't as excited. I bought a few comics more than most here so I supported it. It's not enough. Goodbye to one of my favorite guilty pleasures.

>tfw the site hosting all the comics online took down everything they have
I knew I should have saved them then.

At least could've waited for sweet 300th issue to set a nice round record.

Man, Archie sonic was my fucking childhood.

I grew up collecting the comics in the 90s. I kinda stopped around 2010 but I'm actually sad to see them go. I had a lot of fun memories with my sister as we read the comic out-loud in funny voices and laughed, reading them in the grocery while I waited for my parents to finish shopping, or going to the local comic store with friends to buy new issues. It's like a door to part of my childhood is closing for good.

R.I.P. Archie Sonic

Reminder they gave a shoutout to us a few years back

they did it so people bought the comic. Might as well bring it back.

I guess now we're both sans Waifus.
To better times Boco.

Who's yours?

Not sure if I'm remembering this correctly but the green choice was based on the Sonic 2 color glitch.

All it took was this one handheld spinoff.

One day, history books will look back and recall this as "the game that destroyed the comics".

>It was all part of Sega's Keikaku.

There will always be similarities to ANYTHING. All it really took was one desperate echidna obsessed sperg.