Don't mind me, just best cartoon passing through

>Best characterization
>Best drama
>Best comedy
>Best action (ATLAfags BTFO, martial arts moves aren't everything in fight scenes)
>Best art and music (samefacefags BTFO)
>No shitty "depth", "worldbuilding", or other random crap that constantly reminds you it's "just a kids' cartoon" (*cough* ATLA *cough*)
Was there anything Teen Titans couldn't do?

Other urls found in this thread:

io9.gizmodo.com/paul-dini-superhero-cartoon-execs-dont-want-largely-f-1483758317
web-beta.archive.org/web/20060813144340/http://www.titansgo.net/files/transcripts/wilw_tt-cancelled.doc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It was a pretty bad show, that was badly animated and was a cheap anime imitation

I feel bad for kids who actually grew up in the early 00s, your kind is truly a lost cause, kids have it better in the 2010s and we certainly had it better in the 90s

Show's pretty mediocre and overrated.

Ron Perlman as Deathstroke is pretty GOAT though.

Oh fuck, I forgot to mention best voice acting.

Thanks for making me feel retarded, user. All for a good cause, though!

This show fucking ruined Starfire and turned a generation is goth worsphing betas. Fuck this show.

It was pretty good but it was far from the best cartoon ever.

The problem with Sup Forums is that there is no middle ground. A cartoon is either the best thing ever or complete garbage, when the reality is that most cartoons range from average to very good.

Plot twist: I watched it for the first time just now.

NOSTALGIAMEMEFAGS BTFO

The series also suffered as a whole by being a standalone series rather than a part of the DCAU proper. And Ron Perlman aside, making Deathstroke a generic boogeyman who wants to rule the world was a poor decision.

I hate how cartoonfags shit on the comic versions and act like they're precious cartoon version is the only ones that matter.

I wasn't aware that spending basically two full seasons on trying to get an apprentice was just "wanting to rule the world".
And the DCAU is way, way overrated, sorry user.

I'd say the Bat-Embargo was the real problem at the time, and it was all based on underestimating the audience. The DCAU had already gone through two Robins.

And don't forget about the wasted Red X plot line I hate that DC keeps pushing Kori to look more like her cartoon version, the last time that I can remember that she had her solid green eyes was during New 52 RatO. Everything that followed has had her closer and closer to been Toonfire.

The only thing it miss is a good ending.

>Was there anything Teen Titans couldn't do?
Cause a massive salt harvest like this

Having adult DC characters play a major role in the series would probably have ruined it, so barely even mentioning them was a pretty brilliant decision.
Just look at what happened with Young Justice.

Sorry mate, got you covered there, and this salt is STILL flowing after over a decade:

We all know Garfield loves goth chicks as much as PanPizza does

I take it you're not a BBRae shipper, user?

>Everything that followed has had her closer and closer to been Toonfire.
How in the world is this a bad thing!?

Not the same user but BBRae is trash and I hope Raven x Black Wally becomes a thing.

Also let Raven be part of the JLA or some other team for once.

Because Toonfire was awful, might as well have been a Disney Princess opposed to the badass amozon-esque warrior woman with a heart of gold.

DC did it backwards, the show improved on Raven's character and ruined Kori, so in the comics they decide to use the changes to Kori the cartoon made while keeping Raven as she was in the comics.

Name one (1) such team that has the same closeness and cohesion that the cartoon Titans do.

Hint: YOU CAN'T

Justice League International.

The early 2000s had better cartoons and video games than the 90s. Don't let your nostalgia delude you, boy.

The Powerpuff Girls

"Toonfire" was more of a developed character than every Disney Princess combined. You're retarded.

Should have added: that has a watchable cartoon based on them.
Sup Forums is 18+ only, kid.

That doesn't really disprove that, in the long run, Teen Titans the cartoon completely ruined the comic version of Starfire.

>tfw some of the people on BatB wanted to do a JLI cartoon but didn't get to do it.

Current comic Raven is more closer to cartoon Raven than her previous comic versions.

I liked 80s Starfire and Toonfire. It seems like the current comic has her personality somewhere between the two.

That would have been great. The world needs more of Booster and Ted's antics.

If you actually think cartoon!Starfire wasn't this:
>the badass amozon-esque warrior woman with a heart of gold
I think you missed quite a bit of the show.

Ted is dead man.

Well he's back in the comics. Here's to hoping him and Booster meet up again.

The teens were the problem with YJ not the Leaguers.

The only thing wrong with current comic Starfire is that writers have designated her Damian's babysitter and that is probably the fault of the recent movies.

YJ was really shit all around, to be quite frank, and the main characters obviously bore the brunt of it.

But the League's constant presence made it worse

this shit thread made me more ashamed to be a TT fan than Go did

I grew up with the show and love a lot about it. But it pretty clearly had problems. Even as a kid the terrible animation qaulity, piss boring villains, and boring as fuck robin made it a love hate relationship. And now being many years older i can say re-watching it was pretty cringy. The only thing the show really has going for it is voice acting and some characterzation. I mean im still in every raven/jinx/starfire thread but god damn this show couldve been so much better in a million ways.

I liked YJ but they messed up in the second season by only focusing on Blue Beetle and Impulse. I liked those two but I wanted to see more of the other characters.

They also screwed themselves over by focusing on a love triangle.

It needed more Doom Patrol.

Doom Patrol huh.

>Well damn why you gotta treat my man Gar like that

I love these two.

>terrible animation qaulity, piss boring villains, and boring as fuck robin
I completely disagree on all of these, in fact these may be the best aspects of the show IMO.

can you give us an example of a "good show" from the 1990s?

one that makes TT look like shit by comparison

He can't, because is right.

But then the 2000s beat every other era in that sense, past or present.

Batman TAS, Gargoyles, SWAT KATS

not to say that the 1990s wasn't a better era of animation

All of those except Batman are worse. And even then, Batman doesn't make TT look like shit.

It animated poorly pretty often, not sure how you disagree with that. The villains for the most part where lame and toss-away tier. I mean clearly jinx and control freak where good but so would most of the other villains be if they got more then cameos or one-offs. And the robin thing is more a personal gripe, I just find him over all pretty boring and wish they did more with him being a detective as opposed to his kung-fu. It wouldve made him different atleast.

It's actually pretty bad, sadly. People like it despite its shortcomings, but I guess those are just nostalgiafags.

Gargoyles for example was produced by Disney which of coarse had smoother and more dynamic shots. But TT still could execute fight scenes and movements fairly well, even if they held shots for a scene.

I know it's nitpicking but could they at least edit it so themask covers that upper nose area b/c they make it seem like that's his actual eyes

The animation was really fucking amazing dude, anyone complaining about it REALLY needs to watch the show in HD.
Are you forgetting the arc villains? Not every single minor villain needs a massive backstory, anyways.
Wasn't Robin basically a detective going after Slade in season 1? There were other moments like that later on as well (Haunted, The Beast Within).

Is Gargoyles' animation Disneyesque, user? I've never watched that show.

I saw it only a few times before but looked at it again to see. It doesn't scream Disney but, it defiantly has the smooth motion

It's an okay show but
>Blackfire's motivation was never clear
>Slade's motivation was never clear
>That shitty deus ex machina crap Cyborg pulled against Brother Blood
>Brother Blood in general is a pitiful villain
>Robin flips around like a fucking spaz during early fight scenes
>Not using Psimon to his full potential
>No Doom Patrol during the final match against Brother Blood
>The deus ex machina in the last season when Titans miraculously showed up on time
>Chibi humor

This is a good ending if you grew up like I did and realized its maturity

Literally all of these are either minor nitpicks or outright bullshit, and both can be found for literally any other cartoon in existence, in much larger quantities I might add.

HOLY FUCK IT'S BEEN 10 YEARS SINCE IT ENDED
MOVE ON

It was a good ending... for season 5.

Doesn't mean I'm gonna stop wanting season 6, sorry writers.

Im not saying it was always trash, sometimes it was amazing. But generally it fell short and used blank backrounds and still frame a bit too much.
>he doesnt know the reason robin wears the mask is because his eyes DO look like that.
I dont mean qaulity of pixels really i mean the standard flashing color backround for fight sequences and characters going braindead and not reacting to things properly.
I think most of the arc villains are ok. But not great. Lots of wanting to take over the world and doing it in really odd, dumb ways. Slade was pretty stupid throughout. Id expect it of control freak to get tricked but not slade.
It never felt that way to me, slade was always helping him anyway. I dont think robin ever actually got the upper hand on slade more then once or twice.
season 6 when???

Blackfire wanted to screw over Starfire. In the comics her motivations are screwing over Starfire and making Tamaran into a space superpower.

Slade wanted an apprentice which was a PG version of his tendency to manipulate teenagers in the comics.

Cyborg beat Brother Blood because Brother Blood used Cyborg's technology to upgrade himself,I never understood why people considered this deus ex machina.

The cartoon version of Brother Blood was probably the best version of his character.

They didn't use the Doom Patrol because the whole point of that season was Beast Boy maturing, it would have looked bad if the Doom Patrol bailed him out.

>season 6 when???
Never. I'd rather DC animation do something else.

> it would have looked bad if the Doom Patrol bailed him out.
But more Doom Patrol would be awesome. Who cares about Beast Boy.

Beast Boy was fucking EPIC in Titans Together. It was like the writers knew exactly what I had been waiting for from his character for 5 long seasons.
The Doom Patrol would probably have ruined that.

If only we had had an actual season 6... thanks for nothing, haters (ITT and otherwise)!

We lost season six because girls are lame and dont buy toys. Haters aint got nuffin to do wit it.

>girls are lame
Can't argue with tha-
>dont buy toys
You mad? Are boys the ones buying dolls, user?

Robin to me was the biggest problem with the series. Like user mentioned he's pretty dull but he's also an incompetent leader and becomes insufferably arrogant when Slade is involved. I would forgive the choice if he was Damien (which was a smart move for the Judas Contract) but he' s not. Its Dick. I actually find his TTG counterpart hilarious because they actually acknowledge how useless and needlessly arrogant he was. Thankfully Beast Boy took the helm as the main character who is surprisingly a much more effective leader than Robin.

Well...in terms of older fans, yeah, more often than not

The toys that sell to girls sell to very young girls, girls give up the whole toy thing pretty early in most cases

Kind of mad with how the system works yeah. Wishing there was a better reason then toy sales for not having a season 6.

io9.gizmodo.com/paul-dini-superhero-cartoon-execs-dont-want-largely-f-1483758317

>the cancellation of Young Justice, Green Lantern: The Animated Series, and Tower Prep
I don't see Teen Titans on that list. Try again.

Not that i need to prove myself to someone that cant make basic connections, but do you really think that their method of what shows run and which ones dont would be any different at CN? Are you actually implying it wasnt due to dropping toy sales? I mean if you read the article youd see he litterally says other studios do the exact same thing.

WHY TEEN TITANS WAS CANCELLED
web-beta.archive.org/web/20060813144340/http://www.titansgo.net/files/transcripts/wilw_tt-cancelled.doc
Spoiler: toy sales were EXCELLENT

>Was there anything Teen Titans couldn't do?

Get a sixth season.

It's still weird that they aren't at the final battle with their archnemeses.

>Raven tentacle rapes Doctor Light in his first appearance

Is this irony or fitting punishment?

Oh I totally agree, just saying that having BB be fucking awesome, and the whole Titans battle in general of course, was well worth a bit of a plothole

Right.....that makes so much more sense user. They cancelled the show that was selling really well and had been running for 5 seasons because no reason at all.......yes of course. How could i have thought it was due to the decline in toy sales based on a larger female audience as said by someone who actually works in the industry. That couldnt be it at all. Its because the owners of multi-million dollar companies dont like money and do everything they do for reasons.
lil bit of both id think.

This show condem Beast boy to be a comic relief forever user, in the comics he makes unfunny jokes too user, but it his way to cover all the shit he's being through, now he's just obnoxious, the way he behavesin the last season is how he use to behave in his old comics, now he has nothing

Yo, dumbfuck, that's a MEMBER OF THE FUCKING CREW saying that shit, not some idiot user like you. I think he knows better.
Especially considering the EXACT SAME THING (a change in execs) took down Megas and other awesome shows around that time.

>Best characterization
>Best drama
>Best comedy
>Best action

This has to be bait.

It makes for a much bigger payoff though. The show did it so well, actually, teasing us with moments like in the whole Terra arc and The Beast Within, showing us there's something more there.

If you're seriously disputing the first 3 I don't have much to say to you.
I justified the others, feel free to argue against those though.

Impressive then that a member of the team itself couldnt say why it was cancelled either, beyond "they didnt like it". Didnt like what? I mean its not like a member of a team would admit there show wasnt doing well right? Like it wouldnt be better for him and everyone else involved if it was because of the evil execs cancelling their super successful long running show for no reason right? Now that would be nutty....
Right and im sure all these other awsome shows where only taken down because of 'we dont like it' and not due to any fiscal reasons. Because we all know CEO's care more about personal taste then money....its why all the marvel and dc movies are so great and dont pander for money.

You don't get it. It was around that time when the whole growth mantra went into overdrive. Execs were told that strong profits were NOT enough, they needed GROWING profits or they'd be replaced. They were also told they needed to "leave their own mark", not just continue what previous execs had done. Which was why they started cancelling existing money-makers and chasing the "next big thing", which obviously panned out very rarely if ever. This happened pretty much across the entire economy, by the way, and is still going on and getting much worse... but I digress, of course.

The whole girl toy sales thing is a much more recent phenomenon, as evidenced by that list of shows from your link. Ironic in this age of SJWs, actually - almost makes you think backlash...?

So what your saying is the show wasnt making enough money......like i said? Incredible, it only took several posts. I would also disagree with still going on as far as growth. Their copying each other and getting desperate is all. Whoever the fuck you think is telling execcs that making money isnt enough im not sure. Its an odd narrative.
And no i dont think 60 something studio execs are that invested in a nu-wave tumblr movement. The show had good female characters which brought a larger female audience who didnt buy enough of the right toys and so the show was cancelled. Its not any more complex then that.

Again, you don't have a single source saying this was the case for TEEN TITANS. I have an official source saying toy sales were all but off the charts.
Pretty sure I have the stronger case here, end of.

Oh and yes, it wasn't making enough money... judged by a standard with which NO SHOW would make enough money. Now do you get it?

What other studios could he have been talking about. And even assuming rando team member wasnt saving face, AND the execcs cancelled the show because enough is never enough, youre suggesting their solution was to re-launch the same show with the same VA's not but a few years later? And yeah i guess id like to see a source from someone that wouldnt benifit from lying about how well the show was doing. That would help your arguement i think.
The only thing i get is a studio exec saying they 'dont like' a show is different then it isnt making enough money. Same with a member of the team, who admits to apparently making good sales but then doesnt mention good sales arent enough?

It lost in the Sup Forums tournament.

I can see you're unlikely to be convinced at all, but I'll leave you with this: sure, a crew member could avoid saying the show was doing poorly, but why would he so specifically emphasize how WELL the show was supposedly doing if it actually wasn't? People rarely lie that way, and people like that almost never do.

As for the relaunch, that was probably a brand-new team of execs who didn't give a flying fuck about whatever happened a decade ago, moneymaker or otherwise.

Sup Forums had really shit taste in that tournament even outside TT losing, though. Avatar placed second despite the shit that was Book 3, and obviously Samurai Jack won amidst the season 5 fiasco.

>could
>rarely
>almost never
>probably
I mean maybe possibly a little bit if you didnt think about it at all half of the time I could see why you claiming to have sources you dont wouldnt seem odd. But maybe a little possibly i could a little bit understand why you would feel your only source seems valid to you when you openly talk about sjw boogeyman theories and think that your favorite show being cancalled couldnt possibly have to do with women,and that its much more likely a guy working on the show wouldnt lie about its success. Like maybe if i squinted a little bit i could see execs and ceos throwing away a show that makes money due to them not liking making money. But even half of the time sort of id have to maybe disagree with you a little on why none of that shit adds up.

So, thus far we've added best voice acting to the list, anything else I missed?

Nah, its really its strongest trait. Like imagine the same TT but with poor VA's. Would it be even half the show it was?

You could say that for literally any cartoon, though. Animation can only really be "acted" through the voices, so of course they're the most important piece of the puzzle, in a sense at least.

Id say more so for TT, im under the impression that the VA is what made the show. Like sure the animation needs to fit it but the characterization is already written. Imagine another raven during 'the end' or another robin when he's going nuts fighting fake-slade. I dunno, i think above all else it was the VA's that made the show as good as it was over-all.