monkeystardust27.deviantart.com/gallery/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/91266250/#91271262
desuarchive.org/co/thread/83299007/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/82681217/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i will never forget. daria is top tier waifu

My parents didn't have cable in the 90's

I was more partial to Jane actually.

Download it via torrents or watch online. It dealt with a lot of young adult and teenage themes in a very smart and practical way that doesnt condescend to the audience. Its a pretty cynical though, i dont agree wholeheartedly with some of its messages because of that.

Make sure to watch the music restored version. There's a torrent out there somewhere.

mega.nz/#F!I85CgQRB!wiXOHKNYxdIoVmS3swRYzQ
You're welcome everyone

Anyone else despise the "silly" episodes like Depth takes a Holiday and The Lawndale Files?

Daria doesnt do silly episodes well. Yuck.

Sure do. I went out and brought the complete collection of Daria.
>you're standing on my neck

Doesn't this have all the copyrighted music edited out? What's the point of buying that then?

>i dont agree wholeheartedly with some of its messages because of that
I'd like to believe that was the theme to Daria. I can understand not agreeing with some of the messages and if I recall accurately Daria growth revolved around not adherring to those messages in the latter seasons.

torrent is on demonoid, for those of y'all who don't want any fucking "download managers" installed

mine either but i saw it in the 00s. loved it

yeah true, show was more about presenting a flawed human being than being an after school special

nope those are my favorite. the musical was a little awkward but the songs were amazing
it's the "serious drama" episodes i'm not into. daria isn't about taking shit seriously, it's about fending off the insanity of life however you can

a few extras

damn were like complete polar opposites about it, the serious drama episodes was why i watched it.

nah some of the stuff you can take seriously, it had legitimately good advice about life

Yeah, it does. It frankly is the only sin of the DVDs. Although, I wanted to own it as a more decorative piece for my DVD collection.

>I will never fuck Jane

well that's why it's such a great show, something for everyone
that said, I feel like the good advice about life came in the most darkly funny ones. like 'the misery chick'
yeah thinking about shit more makes you sad, but SOMEONE has to. and then that person can help out everyone else.
also if someone dies, you should laugh and accept how it makes you feel bad but not really if you didnt know or like the guy

good quaity? I don't much care about the music but I'd be happy to have this sucker downloaded if this is the definitive version to do so with

15gb, yeah its the best quality quality youll probably get with a torrent.

awesome. i'll snap that up later.

in the meantime, let's discuss what a great girlfriend Daria would be
i want to hug her and brush her hair
I don't even care that she's short.

nahh daria as a gf would be so challenging. she's sort of in a moral high ground, smart as shit and can be assertive when she wants to.

Jane seems more chill.

I discovered that like 5 years ago
>mfw copyright 199something

>she's sort of in a moral high ground, smart as shit and can be assertive when she wants to.
exactly! that's what I need. I mean, sure, I fantasize sometimes about an unassertive girl who isnt as smart or moral as I am, and has to rely on me.. but... that's not healthy really. Long-term, I want a girl on my level.

>The episode i which Jane makes a painting, Daria writes a polemical description for the painting and the the school staff goes apeshit

That was real kino

>school censors the caption and displays the painting against their will
>daria's ruthless law-firm-worker mom gets an annoying call from the school and, without missing a beat, tells them how what they're doing is illegal and extremely actionable
that was so great. once in a while we realize daria's flawed parents are still great. i identify with that so hard.

Is Daria responsible for the "Both sides suck xD!" kiddies?

no
and if you think that the interests of people who suck are bad and caused them to suck, you're like those people that want to blame violent videogames

Lawndale Files is one of my favorites but Depth Takes A Holiday (save for a couple of bits) is pretty bad.

>bollocks!
>Yeah! Bollocks!

the only problem was that after all that buildup, their band fucking sucked nards.

The DVD addresses it point blank: the only way they could get it released on DVD was to purge the music.

Daria came out during the period when MTV had the big labels by the balls: basically if a song aired on MTV in video form, MTV could use it in ANY of their original shows with zero royalties having to be paid.

The problem is fucking lawyers
anyone with half a testicle should have been able to win the argument "if you let us use the music for the show, you let us use the music for the show, period. tv, video, whatever format comes out in the future"
but even barring that, the idea that a new format should require new rights negotiation is insane. they had the VHS rights, that should have grandfathered to DVD and all subsequent home video. the contracts at the time read 'home video' not specifically digital videotape

>you uh.. smoking pencils now?
>i'm up to three packs a day.

The deal MTV had didn't actually cover video PERIOD.

When they did a couple of Daria VHS releases, they had to scrub the music from that as well (as well as the DVD release of the Daria movies)

oh

that's specifically not what I heard.
but I can still salvage half of that rant
and we really, really need to start banning lawyers

>Jane grew up to work in S&P for a network

Got the entire series on DVD.
Was my first purchase using my credit card too.

I liked Daria a lot when I was younger and it's aged pretty well. I continue to find little gems of jokes nestled in the dialog as I grow older and rewatch it.

When I was younger, I thought Quinn was hot, but now... I think Jane is my waifu from the show. I wish there was more artwork of the show around especially lewd kind.

quinn's still hot... it's just, yknow.

As a first time viewer who only saw the DVD versions, the generic soundtrack only hurt a few scenes in the first 3 seasons.

You were lucky to be able to do that.

Yes she is.....

Surprisingly that's pretty spot on. and Kind of hot.

thanks pal. i hate when i'm trying to binge this show, as i do every few years, and i suddenly realize half the rips on whatever site are from fucking Noggin
the ending theme is still the opening theme, at least on the first ep, though. didnt the endings have the licensed music?

Use Google Image Search on that post.

I wish they would release a soundtrack so I could get the theme in good quality. That band Splendora only ever released one album and the theme is not on it.

their version of it isnt even as good

fresh fanart, thanks, saved

>trent
>well dressed
nigga what?

he bought it off ebay because the seller said it was the suit their father was buried in and Trent was hoping it would be haunted.

that seems like it could be a subplot to an episode.

Daria's aged well but at the same time, is pretty dated. Society has marched on considerably in that everything is now the exact opposite: being "normal and conforming" means being an outcast due to SJW freakshows now becoming the new normal. Also, Daria's malaise from having to deal with her parents having standards for her would be seen as making her look like a spoiled rich bitch who, in the eyes of the left, has the world at her feet due to her rich parents.

Also, feminists would hate Quinn for all the wrong reasons the series ironically attributed to Daria: she's a complainer and she should be happy to be subservient to Sandy, who the SJW fags would demand be trans and who would cyber lynch ANYONE who tried to make her a villain in fanfic and such.

Also Jodie would be pushed as Daria's real "BFF" and they would demand the removal of the key subtext of Jodie (she hates being a token and on the verge of a nervous breakdown) and Jane would be reverted to Daria's manic pixie dreamgirl and Daria made bi so she can fuck both Jane AND Trent.

i heard that in his fucking voice
>I'm trying to get funding for Spiral.
>so you have someone rich to talk to and you want to look professional?
>What? no, I thought Dad's ghost would know where he left his money
>Trent? Our dad's alive
>I know, but the seller said... so it must be haunted by SOMEONE's ghost
>and you assume this ghost knows where Dad's money is?
>maybe I should just go ask Dad for some money. oh man, I'd better change. if he sees me in his suit...

Jane sounds exactly like my fat lesbian aunts fat lesbian wife

you pretty much have it, but..
the problem is her parents' standards are wrong. they want her to conform. the SJWs want that too. and people like her parents, former hippies, current corporate wageslaves, eventual SJWs.. are basically drifting from conform to conform, at the mercy of whatever society demands. and they're trying to drag her down with them
money or not, that's wrong.

Found some fan animation from now expired domain outpost-daria.com, example at pic not related

I saw it but I don't like Daria very much. Its not fun or interesting to have a character who is "above it all" even if they try to poke fun at her sometimes.

its target audience is definitely pretty narrow
but let me tell you, for people like us, it was a fucking breath of fresh air.
the secret of course is enjoying something like that without going fully full-on holden caulfield about it. and using phrases like 'people like us'.

Well it's not for everyone and thanks for not being overly emotional about your reply. Basically thanks for not shitposting.

It's from a different time when satire and sarcasm weren't so mainstream.

When I've rewatched it in recent years, I've kept myself as far away from Progressive politics (or Regressive, depending on your view) and SJWs as possible. I view it through the lens of the time when it came out. Next time I watch it I will have to see how it looks by trying to see how a modern audience would view it.

I will say that Daria herself is flawed. In fact all people in her world are flawed because they are one or two tropes taken to their fullest embodied example. The jock is nothing but a jock. The angry male teacher is just that, angry and disappointed in his life. The angry female teacher is the same. As is the over-achieving Asian principle, and the slacker drug user musician, the cheerleaders, etc.

And Daria is the outside chick. She's the one that is smart enough to observe the failings of others and snark at them, but she's unable to overcome (or even observe half the time) her own reluctance to join in for anything she doesn't intellectually understand, agree, empathize with, etc. She is herself, flawed.

But as the show goes on, we see little glimpses of depth get added to each character while they still remain paragons of their tropes. And some actually grow, which is often amuse and pleasant to watch. Daria herself is not least among these, as arguably the entire show is about her growing up and overcoming her own flaws as much as she can, without "changing" too much of herself, without becoming someone else for vanity and societal pressures. (Same thing happens to her friend Jane, but to a lesser extent.)

The show is remarkably deep despite it's episodic appearance of shallowness. It just take a long time to see the depth over the passage of time.

But if it's still not for you, no problem man. Good on you for trying it.

I've found it holds up really well. Mike Judge himself couldn't have done it better, they really wrote it in his 'voice', right down to the understated politics. It's a cliche but.. we need the wisdom of Daria today more than ever.

I loved Trent so much. Broke my heart that Daria got fed up of his shit forever

I loved the aspect where he realized her crush on him

This show had a bell curve in quality throughout its run. Started off as self-aware pandering for edgy nineties kids, became a show about growing out of that mindset, and then went downhill after the whole Tom thing.

Jane is still hot.

Holy shit that's perfect.

yeah that was fucking wonderful.
this show did really great and subtle things with emotion and letting the audience see it. Probably why it's so misunderstood

sad thing is I feel like people like him can change.. but at the same time, it's understandable why people who are a little better off don't feel like waiting for that change, especially when they've had to work hard for a lot of what they have.
it's just, part of learning how to live with less, and how to work less hard proportionately to what you get... is a skill too. and an important one for some of us

i'm not even sure what's better, that Trent momentarily forgets it's not his dad's suit, or that he knows it IS, because it was pawned at one point and he bought it back, but he fails to notice how this means there's no way it's haunted by someone else

the large version from luckystrikecosplay.deviantart.com

>you will probably never have a hot totally-accurate cosplayer as a gf
>and have to have a not-that-awkward discussion about how you definitely like her for her, and not just for reminding you of a fictional character you've always wanted to have in your arms
>and just to illustrate that you pull off whatever she's wearing at the time and give her a tongue bath. totally for the purposes of cleaning and general intimacy, expressing your approval of who she is without any kind of getup

Diarrhea cha-cha-cha

I don't know why, but the voice of the president of the fashion club was so hot to me

>all this fucking 'muh SJW boogeyman' shit

Jesus Christ dude shut the fuck up and leave your fucking house

if you lived where we lived, you wouldn't wanna leave our house. be thankful you don't

Looks like mannequin.

her head is so shooped, it looks like a barbie

Something something irony.

Next time check out the filename with the cosplay artist's name in it, and check out their gallery before you make such claims. (Pic unrelated)

monkeystardust27.deviantart.com/gallery/

>Sup Forums is so young that Daria is a hidden gem and not common knowledge

Man, there's something about Daria I really like.

Jane used to be top waifu, but nowadays I prefer Daria. I have no idea why.

Didn't we have a bunch of Daria, as well as Aeon Flux threads just a couple of months ago?

Not enough disdain in her eyes. The camera shouldn't impress her, or even interest her.

she's just... so soft.

The restored version is on KimCartoon, it's just labelled as version 2.

She's got more curves than Jane at any rate.

Best girl coming through

I think we had one or two in the last couple months, but they didn't go really anywhere.

I'd bang Sandi, but I'd be thinking of Quinn. (And I'd cuddle Stacey.) Did anyone else think Sandi's mom was a milf?

desuarchive diving results:
04 April: desuarchive.org/co/thread/91266250/#91271262
14 Feb, 2017: desuarchive.org/co/thread/89921702
30 May, 2016: desuarchive.org/co/thread/83299007/
12 May, 2016: desuarchive.org/co/thread/82681217/

Hmhmhhehehe, diarrhea.

her and this chick were the better ones from the fashion club, unless she was going through some character development Quinn was actually pretty fucking annoying

yeah wtf man leave your house. all this sjw boogeyman shit doesn't really exist in a majority of America and Canada, just in very select places on the internet and the real world

Daria was a product of 90's cynicism that was also self aware of how dumb that can be. It didn't create those attitudes.

It actually really does. If you haven't seen it, you haven't been paying attention.

But I agree it was off topic of the other user(s) to mention. I think their comment was partially meant in jest as well.

Let's just leave it be shall we?

yeah, the show wasn't a typical cartoon and didn't take oddball wacky episodes well. it runs off sticking a snarky character into relatable situations, if you're introducing literally christmas into your show as a character then you're really diving for rock bottom.

back when MTV was relevant

>was getting everything Mike Judge related, so I got this show.
>knew it was some chick show but I still wanted it for completeness of everything Judge, while expecting it to sit in my download queue
>took a bunch of mushrooms one day, and it was the only colorful cartoon thing sitting in my finished folder, so I threw it on
>that set up a chain-watching compulsion just from the aesthetic of it
>then a friend of mine walked in on me watching it
>pretty much ended our friendship

Mike Judge didn't even have a god damn thing to do with it

ipod spoof ad here:

Sauce? I'm loving that.