The Blade Runner Universe

Kinda sad that we will most likely never get another movie in the Blade Runner universe.
Normies will line up to see Jumanji spin-offs and the numerous rehashed nu-war movies but they just can't appreciate pure visual kino like BR2049.

Why even live my bros?

it is a fucking miracle the sequel didn't blow absolute dick was an instant classic
I literally cannot see something similar happening again, it is better this way

Do you want a few destillated KINO films, or 20 unfaithful rehashed new installments for a more and more dumbed down audience?

Play the PC game

Which one? Civilization VI?

>Kinda sad that we will most likely never get another movie in the Blade Runner universe.
But that's great, the franchise remains excellent and is not further bastardized with hundreds of spinoffs and sequels

A worse movie is better than no movie at all

>The Last Jedi
Are you sure?

I'm not asking for 20 unfaithful new installments. I'm merely stating that a few "distillated KINO films" similar to BR2049 are less likely to be greenlit after the film being largely ignored by casual film-going audiences.

terrible opinion

To my own surprise I actually liked TLJ, can't really explain why though.
Maybe because they did something different, since 7 was like 4 I expected 8 to be like 5, but it wasn't.
There are mixed opinions, but petitions for removing the movie is just stupid

> it is better this way
In the voice of Decker

If you're looking for something cyberpunk, there's quite a few shows and movies coming out. I'm looking forward to alters carbon.

The 2049 shorts have me thinking they should open the universe to the public and keep it rolling. Open themselves to pitches and offer a small, proportional commission (maybe have it in tiers), official distribution, and having their story be in the universe's canon. I'm sure people can do a TON even with only a small amount of money coming their way and the ability to use the world of Blade Runner. It'd keep the universe alive and growing.

valid point

mandatory.

Disgusting.

the Blade Runner PC game

Oh, you mean the quest from 97. Yeah, I heard it's pretty good.

Better to have 2 great films then end up like starwars

Die, hero, live, etc.

this cracks me up every time i see it

BR2049 was anti-sjw/normie the movie.
Honestly im glad they made it, it doesnt need a sequal, since sequal would probably be terrible.

>BR2049 was anti-sjw/normie the movie.
I hope that's not the reason you liked it. What's with you people and having to see everything on a political spectrum?

Everything is political in the current year

Because ridley scott produced it and he wanted to direct but was busy so got villeneuve. And Villeneuve only agreed to do it if he got the budget for and he loves the universe built practicals/minitaures paying a lot of attention to detail

He only ones on this scale of budget that looked good are

Fury Road
BR2049
Dunkirk

And the first two are late sequels/soft reboots

yeah dude it was. 5 discs i think back in the day.

>Blade Runner finally available on torrents
>3 BR threads on Sup Forums
you fucking plebs

The last two Apes movies are also gorgeous.

there were threads when it was in cinema too, we can rewatch now and discuss fine details

which torrents? all i get r shitty versions

>he's not a part of our super secret 1337 private tracker group
Point and laugh bros

>fine details
well fine, I don't have high hopes for any decent discussion on this board anymore (I mean look at the sicario vs BR one) but ok

also, to be on-topic, I don't really want a sequel to this, it's how we always end up with shitty sequels
sequel should come from the writer and makers of a movie, out of a desire to expand the story, not fueled by corporate retards to make more money and give idiots what they want

step 1: go to your nearest mirror
step 2: look yourself dead in the eye and admit to yourself you're a brainlet
step 3: let it sink in
step 4: wonder out loudly "what public torrent trackers are out there?"
step 5: figure it out
and that's how you'll get it aaall by yourself
you can do it user, I believe in you
report back in half an hour if you still didn't get it and I'll help you

>Movie still in cinemas where I live.
>Saw it on Christmas Eve. Watched it again today because on torrents.
>Didn't participate in threads back then due to not wanting to be spoiled.
you fucking pleb.

I don't get how you fags liked this after the 400th cyber punk movie with a "rebellion/resistance" theme I just got tired of it ,once I heard "we are the resistance" I walked out the damn theatre no wonder it didn't do that well I'm sick and tired of the whole resistance shtick I AM TIRED OF IT there is more to cyber punk then that!

It should have been cut but it's a scene that's over in five minutes that happens right before the finale. Not exactly a "theme".

This. K basically says "fuck this" and walks away from the whole thing.