I just had a discussion about this with my friends

I just had a discussion about this with my friends

We all know Jack is an adult but how old is Ashi? We all thought she was like 13-16, so we found this really disturbing that Jack is her love interest

So is Ashi actually underage?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/EjQW8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

She's definitely at least 16.

definitely 17+

keep in mind that relationship values from feudal Japan are way different than what they are now

Ugh, that's what I thought. I kinda wish Genndy didn't do this

When I first saw the episodes I assumed that Ashi and her sisters grew up and retained information super fast. That is to say that the few days it took Jack to cross the woods was literally their entire lifespan. Given how many of them were born at once and how their mother went around like nothing happened immediately after I assumed they were just cursed to grow fast or something.

Even if you assume that they aren't literally that young, they wouldn't send out assassins unless they knew that they were physically mature enough and well enough trained to have a shot. Given how humans grow that'd be somewhere in the neighborhood of late teens at earliest and somewhere around 20 to be most effective.

Lamar said she was in her 20s.

She looks 14-16, I really don't see her as being 18+, which I think it's why her age won't ever be talked about. I think that would cause a mega shitstorm

What if Lamar is just damage controlling? How do we actually know if that's true. If she was 15, he would never say that.

For all we know, Genndy told all the VA's that she's a legit age

It's a cartoon you fucking normalfag

imgur.com/a/EjQW8

how old are you and your friends? nobody over 25 finds age differences weird. did you seriously not grow up with disney movies or.. yknow, basically everything ever made, where that's normal?

though to be fair he shouldnt be that bothered by her nudity. he sure didnt learn that from his own people, or the africans, or the vikings..

more importantly, their numerical age is irrelevant, they're all mentally children
but there's nothing automatically wrong with that. jack isnt going to abuse or take advantage of her.

She's probably 18-ish, 20 at most. And Jack is physically in his mid-20s so it could be a lot worse

I assumed her birth and training was over the course of years, in spite of Jack's story running parallel to hers.

what, of course he learned that from his own people, they kept themselves clothed

Do you think this fictional character has a fucking birth certificate? Do you think Genndy sat everyone down and said we need to keep her true age a secret?

Don't you guys find it a little creepy?

Mentally she's like 7

She is a cartoon, retard

>Do you think this fictional character has a fucking birth certificate?

>mfw ashi is actually obama

Ashi is 20+.

That could've happened, yes

Asian women tend to look younger from 18-45. After that then they become immortal witches

Well, Jack seems to agree with the 'official' story, since he calls Ashi a woman, not a girl.

And we do see a teen Ashi, she was shorter and had a bigger head.

Sending a non-adult after Jack may have worked BETTER, since he will kill adults, but the original series and this one confirmed he'd rather be killed himself than hurt children or teens.

I think you're confusing being brainwashed with having the mental capacity of a prepubescent child.

I'm not trolling but she just seems too young for Jack to be with her.

She has the mind of a child and it just makes Jack as some grooming pedo that needed some ass. He was never like this before, I really wish they just lead for the father/daughter thing

I can't wait for the new anime sequel of CCS.
You fuckers have seen nothing yet.

But I bet tumblr will ignore the pedophile relationship because of Sakura's brother porking someone who looks eerily like his mother and said person wants him sexually because he looks like his dad, aka his ex-lover.

>hot female warrior bitch
>jack should have just rejected her

but why? r u gay?

I thought she was like 18 or 20. Her mother was mid 40s at this point, had the girls in her early 20s

>since he calls Ashi a woman, not a girl.

A woman could be girls ages 11-13, since they start their periods so that isn't helping with this argument.

And i do speak from experience.

20s easily. I don't think you people know what teenagers look like.

He never got to do anything. He's biologically ready. Who gives a shit?

Incorrect, since we know Jack considers people in that age range children.

Jack is an exceptional man of virtue and wisdom
I trust him with my daughter

feudal japanese? uhh no. they hadnt gotten fucked up by douglas macarthur yet.
they arent fucking yet. until theyre fucking, it's all irrelevant
and if they do start fucking, it'll be wrong regardless of whether theyre 'ready' for it. because it's not the right thing to do yet. this 'consent' bullshit was invented as an excuse to have all the illicit sex your genitals feel like without thinking about love or morality
but it is safe to say she never developed as a normal person, so..
they look like adults. because they are.

You're being literally retarded now.

fuck outta here aku

literally this
inb4 medina

>She has the mind of a child and it just makes Jack as some grooming pedo that needed some ass
By that logic, half of Sup Forums characters are pedos

>grooming pedo looking for ass
Did you actually watch the episode? Have you watched the series? Jack showed no remote sign of attraction to her until he got his sword back, and even then he was too shy to make any moves.

What the hell? Ashi was abused, but she's not mentally retarded. Do you think everyone who grew up under an abusive parent is still a child no matter what?

yeah but hes been in the future like, three times longer than he was in the past

The fact that he gave her his gi to cover herself does show modesty. Or that he was trying to supress a raging boner during battle. Either way much props

There's nothing wrong with her being young. Why is it okay for them to be killed but not be in a relationship?

If there was a 13-16 year old girl with the mind of a 9 year old, would you say "Well, Jack never got any, so just let it happen

>We all thought she was like 13-16,

Well that's just dumb

Because Sup Forums is filled with grimdark edgelord neckbeards who have no chance of getting laid

30+ SJ threads and you couldn't find another one to post this in? Are you clinically retarded?

>For all we know, Genndy told all the VA's that she's a legit age

And since it's a made up story by Gennedy he can have her be any age he wants

Since she completed her training, I'm going to guess she's about the same age Jack was when he finished his training.

Jack spent the majority of his childhood doing combat training and traveling and has never had a romantic relationship.

You are a fucking moron. If Gennedy knew they were going to have problems with the age they just would have changed the age.

You're making this worse for Jack. He was aroused by her once she was nude, he didn't even question if it was wrong and just went with it.

Imagine if Ashi was 10 years old and Jack was only turned on and attracted to her once she was nude.

That's not good, user

I don't get where her being underage comes from. Wasn't her back story a montage over the course of years till she caught up to the now of Wondering Jack?

But Ashi is 20.

>I'm not trolling
#1 indicator of bait

I think what bothers me most is the fact that the previous episodes played on both the romantic hints and latent, weird father-daughter plot implications.

Examples being: Ashi acting like a whining child in episode 4 and Jack having to carry her on his back like a literal baby, Jack telling Ashi about an old Japanese folk tale regarding the creation of the stars - which parallels the Momotaro tale that Jack told to the baby from the old series. It quite literally paints Ashi in a child-like light.

You cannot mix both without it coming off as a little bizarre or leading to an inevitable fanbase conflict between those aiming for a mentorship and those aiming for a romance.

Ashi has a bodycount in the hundreds and traveled the world for an indeterminate amount of time entirely on her lonesome after leaving home and deciding to seek out a new life for herself. She's old enough to get JACKed.

>it is safe to say she never developed as a normal person, so..
The problem with that line of logic is, what actually constitutes "development"? The entire crux of her character is that she is presented two realities to believe in and chooses the real one. Keyword "chooses".

She acted like a brat when she was first talking to Jack, but I've seen people well into their 20s who act just as bratty. Does that mean they shouldn't have sex because they don't meet a certain line of maturity as an adult?

Notice I say adult. I'm pretty sure Ashi is in her early 20s. If she actually isn't, then it gets a little too weird to defend.

people get confused because the differences between her teenaged design and her adult design are minimal, and didn't realize there had been anther timeskip

Jack is a 70 year old immortal and Ashi was a tortured child soldier. She gets to have sex if she wants no matter her age.

Just pretend that Ashi is Bella Swan and Jack is Edward Cullen.

There, now Tumblr can enjoy the ship too.

Many adult women do have the mind of children. Doesn't matter. Just makes them someone you should not marry.

>with the mind of a 9 year old
good thing that isn't the case

>conflict between those aiming for a mentorship and those aiming for a romance.
Didn't Samurai have sexual liason with their pupils? I recall a lot of butt play before the white man came.

>A woman could be girls ages 11-13, since they start their periods
I sincerely hope you're trolling, dude, what the hell?

No user, that's the ENTIRE site

Yeah but the future is ruled by evil incarnate, and Jack still practices/holds onto traditions and values from his time again and again

>Examples being: Ashi acting like a whining child in episode 4 and Jack having to carry her on his back like a literal baby, Jack telling Ashi about an old Japanese folk tale regarding the creation of the stars - which parallels the Momotaro tale that Jack told to the baby from the old series. It quite literally paints Ashi in a child-like light.
Jack is telling those tales as an adult, in a way that still fascinate him. Those tale aren't told like a grown p telling something to a child, but as someone who is equally mesmerised by it.

Also, Jack carried Ashi that way because there was no other way.

>father-daughter plot implications
This was never a thing.

it has been like ten years user, "they" have grown to hate the book too precisely because of that

see

I figured she was between 15 and 19, but now I'm gonna jump it up to 21 just because I'd like that better.

She's like 20 dude

We we're all just going to ignore how creepy they went from father/daughter relationship to horny beasts

Ashi looks like Jack's actual daughter, it just seems so wrong to me. Plus and I HATE to say it but she does look questionably young

Yes, and real Samurai were also ruthless criminal scum with their bushido code being nothing but a bybass for their immoral actions.

If you applied reality to Samurai Jack, then Jack wouldn't sudoku himself over a bunch of dead alien kids and her certainly wouldn't lose his way for killing a bunch of fucking goats that were denying him from his goals.

That's why you have to sell it from a nostalgic angle.
>Remember the days when an underage girl's desire for the love of an adult man was accepted by society? Relive those days with the newest season of Samurai Pizza Jack!

13ish is a prime age anyway

I don't feel bad about this. Jack will treat her right.

And yet there was enough of it that it actually made people suspect that a father-daughter or student-mentor relationship was possible.

Genndy should've went one way or the other.

You guys realize actual Samurais in the past were banging girls as young as 10, right?

You really think we would have a scene like this if she was underage?

Come on

>We we're all just going to ignore how creepy they went from father/daughter relationship to horny beasts
Are you seeing shit, son? It was never father/daughter, that was Sup Forums's headcanon. This isn't even a case where it was ambiguous, there was definitely a romantic angle.

I wish Gennedy had a full season for this, but them playing it as a gag was the best way it could have gone down.

He did go one way or the other. he went the romance way.

this thread is going so fast that no one will notice that i didn't get dubs

It's not that creepy, they were traveling together for a while. Two lonely people together, noticing how great the other is.

I'm actually curious how long, since they cut from the mountain top to the desert town.

Actual samurai also didn't give shit if they killed innocents or people.

He was aroused when she was naked.

But yeah I agree with you

So Jack is a pedo then?

>We we're all just going to ignore how creepy they went from father/daughter relationship to horny beasts
They were never Father Daughter.
They switched to mortal enemies to prisoner/warden to seeker of truth/source of information to children saviours to suicide attempter/suicide preventer to fighting partner to lover.

father Daughter, they were not. Jack didn't try to nurture/protect Ashi like she was a kid.

She knows barely anything that isn't fighting and or basic living. She's child-like at best.

>Imagine if Ashi was 10 years old and Jack was only turned on and attracted to her once she was nude.
The fuck are you talking about

Ashi isn't 10, she's 20 or older. It's pretty normal for a young man to be sexually intrigued by an adult woman, particularly one he has shown attraction to before.

Jack also immediately gives her his gi.

*wasn't

>Mentally she's like 7
No she's not, she's a little naive but she doesn't act like a fucking child.

I like how your first thought is that Genndy is lying about her real age so he can keep getting away with his underaged fucking and not that Ashi might actually be in her 20 like Phil said.

Samurais are literally the security guards and mercenaries of feudal Japan, meant to protect their upper-class master from other samurais and their masters

>they look like adults. because they are.
no they tend to still look gangly as fuck until they hit 19 or 20 when the puberty has finally evened them out.

>People want Jack to have a father daughter relationship when he never even got his dick wet
You can't have a father daughter relationship and be a virgin. It's not possible.

See