This is the best special effect ever put into a film. Prove me fucking wrong

This is the best special effect ever put into a film. Prove me fucking wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

fxguide.com/featured/the-techniques-used-in-the-blade-runner-2049-hologram-sex-scene/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why would I want to?

I dunno, you should at least try though.

inshallah she must have been a slut to have her face scarred like that

i made a white special effect on your mom's curvy chest

the rachel CGI was more impressive . but yea this was great,

>simple overlay of two images of actresses doing similar choreography on top of each other
>BESTEST EFFECT EVER GUISE

am I being trolled

yes, we all are. obvious bait is bad bait.

Half of the shots in that scene are with Ana de Armas being completely digital. Goes to show how great the effects were when you thought that she was completely real
fxguide.com/featured/the-techniques-used-in-the-blade-runner-2049-hologram-sex-scene/

Both their faces barely move and are scrambled for the viewer. It doesn't matter if it's CG or not, because it looks abstract as fuck.

The fact is that it is executed extremely well, when it could've easily ended up being a cheesy laughable scene that doesn’t work at all

Its supposed to look awkward and uncoordinated. Joi is trying to project herself over a prostitute she just met

I still think it's needlessly made with CG. Those images always get worse over time.

They didn't pull it off Sean Young.

Yes they did you contrarian

no, you blind bat

It was computer generated? Lame. I was hoping it was the two actors being choreographed to be in sync and they just overplayed them.

It's not about how hard it is to do, it's about how well it works.

Why was that prostitute in Las Vegas again with the rebels all of a sudden? The movie completely lost me there, like this whole subplot just came out of nowhere and felt like a cheap sequel/spinoff hook more than anything

They did that also, it's a combination of all those things depending on the shot. Just read the link that user posted

hello poorfag, I'm glad you watched the film

You might notice the movie is about K,

You might notice the movie is about searching for the real or the truth, but not just any. Ours.

throughout the film there are several outlets, or psuedo quests/roles or jobs that appear to K.

they offered K to join their quest. He agrees, but in reality he is on his own quest.

The scene where she tells him to kill harrison ford, and the fact that he doesn't is important to his arc.
To him the replicant rebellion wasn't real, a week ago he was a happy enough blade runner wasn't he, why would he be compelled to rebel?

She was with them the whole time, the one-eyed (replicant) lady who leads the rebellion gave her the order to go over and proposition her services to K. The point of the rebellion subplot was that K had a choice between just letting Wallace capture Deckard or aiding the rebels (by killing Deckard). He took a third option to simply let Deckard see his daughter. It probably could have been cut without much impact on the story.

>They didn't pull it off Sean Young.
It's the best use of CGi probably ever, atleast thematically that is.

The fact that they made her on the brink of uncanny valley fits the scene even more, Deckard is supposed to be looking at a fake "perfect" Rachel there so it adds that much more to the whole narrative, the sense of unease and something being almost perfect but "wrong"
Even if they could somehow get the actual 1982 Sean Young there it would be worse, this is entirely perfect

Holy shit, working with movies must be the best thing

There is some render autist out there with a fully detailed 3D scan of naked Ana De Armas body. Think about that

Wow how much went into that when you could have just used the fucking adjust layer opacity slider on two filmed clips..

Go ahead and try it yourself and report back with the results.
You won't get a single frame where they look like one person

Marvel and DC could learn from this

I would render her doing such utter filth, all with a sweet smile on her face.

good dosnt necessarily mean technically difficult (which what they did was as it was done literally flawlessly, not a misplaced pixel in the entire movie)
a good special effect has to be engaging and bring something to the story which this one did .

>atleast thematically that is.
that's the only reason I don't entirely discard it as garbage

but it gave me similar vibes as the digital ''actors'' in rogue one, and those vibes were the equivalent of me giving the finger to the screen, and to the dolts who accept it as realistic

Ok use a green screen for the overlay of cybergirl and then use the opacity slider.
That would work.
Legit.

The entire point of the flickering in and out and the entire shot is that it never looked like one person, it switched between even during motion tracking.

That was a really interesting read. Such a simple way of making Joi transparent.

Disgusting hair I can smell it from here

yes because optical overlaying of people is incredibly hard and complex and not even something someone in their pants could do after two seconds.

t.everyone is stupid but me

We are talking about filming, not using two still pictures you dumbo

t. retard

Nah, man. Nah. Shit, nah, man.

That looks like a Playstation 2 render, while I doubt if you showed this pic to anyone who didn’t see the first Blade Runner that anyone would notice that it is indeed CGI

You're right, it's not like there's some kind of thing called green screen or chroma key.. or even this magical thing called a camera on wire or even steadycam. Damn you got me! It's not every old/young Back to the Future scene was shot before CGI with seamless transitions between optical prints. You can film two elements and composite them in a way that gives it the exact same effect without using CGI..

it's the animation that breaks the immersion

people still can't animate realistic human faces for shit, there's always something off or creepy or amusing (or all of the above) about it

One of the most embarrassing and cringy scenes ever. Thank God it flopped.

Go ahead and give it a try user, I'm sure the cracked after effects videocopilot user like you know better than an entire visual effects company like MPC

point me to one shot, one second, or hell even direct a section yourself and show me you can achieve this without a full 3D render.

One of the most emotionally investing and genuine scenes ever. Thank God it exists

also, the rendering effects on the models' hairs, skin, lips, mouth, and how lighting affects everything (especially when a normal human is interacting with them within the frame) just suddenly ages for the viewer after frame of reference provides better (but probably still faulty) examples over time

as a render monkey he's not technically wrong it would be easier to film both elements on chroma key and use facial tracking to match the facial movements and match them. The issue arises in a 3 key composite face morph with glitches would result in a more robotic movement for at least one of the film elements.

my dad works at nintendo and says that it's not possible to do it.

God damn they were autistic as fuck for the SFX in this.

>I'm sure the cracked after effects videocopilot user like you know better than an entire visual effects company like MPC

It's not hard to digitally composite two characters into one especially if the character is needed to appear glitched. This kind of effect has been used before even in the frightener's and before with straight optical printing.

Also you are implying the words cost effective, cost saving, blade runner, and Ridley Scott can be used even in the same book much less production.

>This is the best special effect ever put into a film.
>a film
>film

This is a flick at best.

The effect should look like a projected person is synchronising with an actual person, not just two people merging into one

>This is the best special effect ever put into a film.
>a film
>film

This is a kino at least.

fuck

okay watched he rip here is my verdict
>orgasmic kino for first hour, dance of light and hsadow, boomy ost, nice cameration
>then you numb for it and gets boring

>nice cameration
The mind of a torrent parasite brainlet