I miss original Jack's subtlety, visuals, music and the overall presentation. Even if episodic...

I miss original Jack's subtlety, visuals, music and the overall presentation. Even if episodic, it was still far more interesting in its nature than what we've got now.

I wish we could have gotten Cartoon Network movie back in the days, it would have followed the spirit of this series where it really counts.

i like the new series and i honestly agree

it would've been the best way to end the series

overall the move to Adult Swim and the more mature rating has hurt it even though at first i thought it would benefit it. the script writers are focusing more on how to be a mature Jack instead of the enchanting and creative Jack. The opening movie alone with the humanoid dogs and robot roaches is loads better than this.

There is nothing really in new Samurai Jack that was worth moving to Adult Swim. Blood? Nothing special. And... there's nothing besides that really.

I found Symbionic Titan closer to the original Samurai Jack's execution.

Isn't it based on a Samurai Jack episode?

Is the Adult Swim Jack really actually bad or is it just Sup Forums bitching for the sake of bitching?

I haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

it's got some flaws and glaring changes, but it's nowhere near as bad as Sup Forums makes it out to be.

I agree with all of this, other than liking this season

Take a guess.
But I agree on the pace being fucked.

The last 4 episodes have a pretty significant dip in quality compared to the first 4.

If it ain't 10/10 its shit
t. Sup Forums

I wish it was Cartoon Network that picked this up. One penis joke from Scaramouche is not worth having a whole episode dedicated to implied sex.

Quite right, mediocrity is shit, because it's so easy to make.

But you want your participation trophy, amirite?

As if that's the only issue with this shit season, or even remotely the biggest one.

And the penis joke was absolutely terrible BTW.

If you want to be spared a complete wreck, watch only the first 3 episodes.

Jack dies in the fall. End of the story.

It doesn't deserve having 8 salty rant threads made about it in one day

This show will be remembered more fondly than the contrarians would have you believe

Of course it will, because there's nothing to compare it to. Modern cartoons are largely dogshit.

If only Sup Forums watched anime...

They couldn't have had the FLESH AND BLOOD sequence without the new rating

>If only Sup Forums watched anime
I've tried, but a lot of it is just as terrible.

It could have been a movie.

I'm pretty sure Adventure time and Regular show got away with gory shit.

People are buttblasted over jack getting laid. That's literally it.
>muh stoic samurai
>muh forever alone journey.

>muh moeshit

The first 3 episodes which are considered 10/10 would not be possible without being on Adult Swim.

In factt he episodes that didn't need it are the worst ones.

That's right, but there are certain anime that are built only in the premise of being as cool as shit. Namely, Gunbuster, Wings of Honneamise, and others.

Everything about these episodes lines up with the old Jack. I just rewatched some to confirm. Stop your bitching.

I'm pretty sure the rating was for the blood being drawn on-screen much more than the discussion.

If anime is as good as you say, why does it depend so much on anime?

Not to mention how 80% of anime is the same generic crap

After episode 3, season 5 literally devolved into a monkey's paw scenario.

It's been nothing but a downward spiral of disappointment and shit ever since.

At the vast majority of viewers can't deny the fact that those first 3 episodes were absolute GOAT-tier though - too bad Genndy didn't have the talent to keep it that way for the rest of the season.

Meant to put fan service instead of anime, what is wrong with me

Oh, but he had.

It's just that he became so full of himself he decided to try a personal thing instead of figuring an ending that would satisfy people the most.

Our mistake was putting all of our hopes on him. His vision is mediocre. This fucking season will cost him his reputation.

First 3 episodes were truly amazing and lived up to the "savior of western animation" hype.

After that, it really isn't worth watching/finishing.

Most modern anime is also total shit though.

Honestly, animation as a whole is just shit now. Same with movies and gaming.

Sup Forums liked the first third

Fanservice makes things fun to watch.

The best fanservice we could have had in this season was slaughtering Ashi in the most bloody way possible.

I'm satisfied. Poor contrarians ;^(

Blood or no Jack became a murderer and that was only possible because of Adult Swim.

This, we need to make sure Genndy is a fucking laughing stock in the industry. So he never crosses the audiance to this extent ever again.

Someone should pass the poll again, now that the episode can be rated more objectively. Everyone liked it because another community was mad that their unreasonable shit didn't happen. All in all, this was a big disappointment. I would understand if it had been an April fools joke, but it wasn't.

There's too much dialogue. and its bad dialogue. the voice actings really not good either

>Show's been getting non stop love since it returned
>Gendy adds one love scene
>"Wow, this shit is garbage, we had it so good bros if only it stayed the same..."

Why do we even bother returning to series if fuckers will always complain when it does come back over menial shit? I could undrerstand the serialization complaints undoing the episodic theme. But everything else has been fine save some pacing issues trying to get everything squared up before the last episode.

Maybe Ashi wasn't that great but she serves the roll fine, And the romance was obvious as fuck when they had the aging montage lead into adulthood and the deer scene.

Again though, I'm not sure about this. Standards have changed since the 2000s.

>monkey's paw
Stop being a faggot. Just because it's not 10/10 doesn't mean it's bad, and absolutely not monkey paw-tier
Monkey paw would be something like Jack being a flaming homo and Aku being a symbol of the patriarchy

Yeah, Jack seems like he is actually more stupid than before, I don't think they paid enough attention to how those characters feel at times.

>I know what people liked and why!
don't be delusional

>let's ruin this man's career so the cartoons he makes will be good again

Might as well start releasing prisoners from jail - after all, they can't start doing too many good deeds in there, right?

>Genndy
>good
Sony was right to shit can his Popeye project, no doubt he would've shit the bed halfway through

For fucks sake, people were complaining since Episode 4, its nothing new. Its not about that one shitty scene, the whole experience seems just... dull.

The only praise this episode gets, literally is "salt".

I give your opinion a 0/10. A fucking disappointment. Congrats Sup Forums! You're officially retarded.

>This fucking season will cost him his reputation.

Didn't Hotel Transylvania already hurt his reputation somewhat?

Though I agree that this'll further run it into the ground.

The people complaining are Rick and Morty fans or from Tumblr.

yeah, I actually really surprised about the neck slice because it was something that was really important to the whole story. But now they're just constantly showing blood and it makes it feel so boring.

I would rather have an creative way of showing a punch or a slice than just the usual "blood blood everywhere" look

Season 5 of SJ has taught me I never should listen to this place opinion.
But seriously, i think people daydreamed way too much about this new season.

user, he ruined his career himself.

He had
One
Job.

"pretending to be retarded" thread?

Too bad it didn't teach you independent opinion and critical thought. Oh well, can't win 'em all I guess.

>>This fucking season will cost him his reputation.
>season five is still wildly successful, despite not living up to the astronomical expectations
>directed at least two successful movies with a third on the way
>created four successful shows and directed another
nah

In your head maybe, user. I thinks it was "very good"

The main purpose of pretty much any punishment is deterrent. That's the point of my analogy there.

>Man who thought he'd lost all his reputation loses last additional bit of reputation he didn't even know he still had

>He ruined his career himself

Last time I checked he's still making money. You sure you aren't thinking of your own career?

Well, he already did by pissing off tumblr and some of reddit.

All he has to do is something that severely pisses off Sup Forums within the last two episodes and he's set.

>Oh, Genndy give me more of your cummies
Try not to be such a drone

When the Western animation industry is a fucking wasteland like it is now, they'll take who they can get. Doesn't mean he's actually good at his job.

>N-No Sup Forums don't shun me!

Don't be such a circlejerking contrarian.

>This fucking season will cost him his reputation.
The delusion in this thread is terrifying.

He'll still make movies but that's it. Nobody will see him as a visionary anymore, just another director who Lucas'd himself with his own arrogance and lack of executive constraint.

The fuck is happening on this thread?
Are people that outraged or its just baiting?

>He'll still make movies but that's it. I DON'T see him as a visionary anymore, just another director who Lucas'd himself with his own arrogance and lack of executive constraint.
Keep the bitterness to yourself, user. c^:

This is the same place that created the Brony trend "Ironically", expect high levels of autism.

I agree with that user, and I'm glad he shared his view so I don't feel like some sort of loser for thinking this season is shit.

Little bit of column A, little bit of column B. then again one should never underestimate Sup Forums's ability to go full retard.

>It's just that he became so full of himself he decided to try a personal thing instead of figuring an ending that would satisfy people the most.
So what you're saying is that rather than making what he wanted to make, he should have pandered more.

The show is popular as hell, so people are getting easy (you)s by saying its shitty.

so, how's liking Korra like?

>Sup Forums is one person
Yup. Full retard.

>I agree with myself
okay

>gently

>just another director who Lucas'd himself with his own arrogance and lack of executive constraint.

I think you might be taking this far too seriously.

Yes. That's the reason anime is successful.

It was logical to expect for this to be at least as good as the original samurai jack. Yet it doesn't have anything memorable or interesting.

Hell, the most memorable thing from it (aside from the ending I guess)is how it was divisive in its entirety. I wanted a season that was fun and enjoyable and that we could laugh about it and be happy that it exists. It's literally the opposite now.

I'm genuinely outraged desu.

The show show a drop in quality after episode 3.

Then the pacing and narrative issues came with episode 5.

Then it really dropped the shark when it rushed over Jack and Ashi's issues like they were nothing.

After yesterday's episode, I don't really see a reason to bother finishing it now.

I expect Korra-levels of shittalking and backlash a week or two after the final episode.

>user can't read
How tragic

I'm still liking it but... where's all of the things that made the show good in the first place?

SJ was good for three reasons:
1. Style
2. Villains
3. Variety

Each new episode you had something completely new, you never knew what to expect.

The only stylized thing in this entire new episode was the oasis scene with the white background and that was what, 30 seconds?
The villain is a completely generic "it's a monster that regenerates" thing.

It's fine. It's passable. But there has to be some kind of substitute for the lacking variety and there just isn't.
They're trying to flesh out the characters but Ashi's entire character arc so far is "she was evil and now she's not," if anything she's LESS interesting now because there's literally no conflict betwen her and Jack.
Jack really went from "full JUST" to "exactly the same as he always was except now he's with some girl who wears leaves."

It's like they're sacrificing style and villains for character focus but the character focus is literally nothing.

The first episode was great because Scaramouche was exactly what I wanted out of Samurai Jack. Jack walks into a place, a crazy weird villain shows up, and they fight with some gimmick that makes it interesting.
Now all that's happening is "Jack and Ashi walk into a place and fight something and at the end they're closer I guess."
Nevermind the fact that Ashi still looks like 10 years younger than Jack and it just feels weird.

I think the fact that Scaramouche is still alive goes to show that they just couldn't come up with anything new.
On top of the episode where they literally just had all of Jack's most memorable villains show up for a short scene to go "hey remember when this show used to have personality?"

Fucking hell, at least have more Aku scenes or something.
Speaking of which, remember when there was an entire episode devoted to Aku trying to tell fairytales to children? Y'know, variety?

Samefag accusations on an anonymous board = automatically lost argument by accuser

This. It honestly isnt hard to make osmething thats 9/10 at the least unless youre a complete soulless hack.

Its pretty bad. The whole thing feels like some teenager's edgy reboot of the series than something the original creators made. It has little glimpses of the original Jack, but overall it feels worse in every regard.

Though honestly, all of that I would be okay with if the pacing wasn't so ungodly bad. Every episode feels SO padded to meet the run time, but its not been as obvious as the last one they did. It really feels like they don't know how to pace longer stories and should have stuck with the one or two ep stories the original had.

Depends if their original vision is genuinely good or not.

And Genndy's original vision wasn't good in the slightest.

Then make your own cool artsy cartoon show, you goddamn fucking child.

During the writing of OP's post he could have come up with a premise for a similar show and pitched it to CN or AS, and given Jack's popularity it likely would be accepted.

Whining about what you have when you could be working to change it is the most immature nonsense imaginable.

Not an argument

I swear to god, this echo chamber is getting out of control. People are talking about how this is going to cost him his reputation when this season has gotten good reviews and consistent, solid ratings, but since there are like 20 people on an image-board mad that there was a romance arc in this season, it's suddenly the worst betrayal imaginable, and we need to start a tumblr-style campaign against him.

What did you think of the other episodes, user?

Because everybody here works in animation.

It just shouldnt have been made.

>The only stylized thing in this entire new episode was the oasis scene with the white background and that was what, 30 seconds?

I thought the tigers with their spell-out shirts were pretty cool desu.

>WAAAH if you can't cook you can't criticize a chef for giving you a plate with literal shit
Genndy cocksuckers get more and more desperate by the hour

>dropped the shark

There's far more talent on Sup Forums alone than in the entire GLOBAL animation industry.

I'm serious.

Sup Forumsfags are so starved for another TORtanic they are raiding other boards for material

Real shame.