The reason you hate the new season of Samurai Jack is because it has what you'll never experience. True love...

The reason you hate the new season of Samurai Jack is because it has what you'll never experience. True love. You were happy when everything was just violence and anger and rage and bitterness towards the world because that's how you feel. You inserted into Jack, you lived vicariously through him and acted as if his rage and frustration justified the rage and frustration in your own life. You are victim of a world, but at least you can lash out.

Then suddenly episode 4 comes and Aishi and Jack start interacting and you become uncomfortable. Jack isn't a soulless remorseless badass who is striking out against the world. He's telling jokes, he's smiling and he's going out of the way to try and help someone you would have just killed because you're the victim of this messed up world and anyone who stands against you needs to be cut down. It doesn't even stop there because he's spending more time with Aishi, he's opening up to her and in his moment of weakness she's the one who helps him overcome and slowly rebuild himself.

And you cringe and revolt, because the message you're being told isn't to lash out against the world, but to reach out and try and change it. That what you do isn't pointless and that you aren't all powerful and perfect. That even you are flawed but through others you can find happiness and that the bleakness in your life is simply the product of you folding in on yourself.

Because you look at yourself and you can't self insert into Jack anymore, because you haven't helped anyone, thus no one can help you. There is no one to save you in your darkest hour because you've offered yourself to know one. There is no light at the end for you. No happiness, no redemption, no validation.

You hate Aishi and you hate her relationship with Jack because at your core it denies everything you want to believe about the world.

I just think the pacing, combined with how many plot points it starts and has to end on top of previous season's, is pretty lackluster.

But yes, it's because my dick's dry.

fucking shippers

I kissed my cute bf today and pinched his perfect ass while he bought me icecream.

I also thought the romance was a bit weird and forced and I don't feel like the show needed it.

Funny how everyone assumes that anyone who does not like the shitty romance thinks that they're frustrated when the whole concept of Ashi is based on Gennedy's childhood fantasy.

Besides I always self inserted as Aku even as a child.

But Jack falling in love in my favorite part. Its too bad she dies.

>Previous Seasons Plot Points
Beat Aku
Get Back to the Past
>Season 5's plot point
Stop being a bitch
Get sword back

it's a cartoon

>it's a 'people insert themselves into the relationships of cartoons as much as I do' argument
oh please

It's especially interesting to me because throughout SJ I always hoped whenever Jack crossed paths with a femme fatale that he'd convert them and they'd become a love interest, it never happened but I was never disappointed but that was because everything else was still well structured back then. Now something like that happens but the rest is choppy. It's not even just Aku's reserved presence due to Mako's absence, because Aku's been a very sparsely used character in previous seasons before.

It's not even a matter of pacing too, the very methods used for example to bring the two close almost seem intentionally subpar like they don't want to bother even if they did have time to.

So curiously they have more freedoms now but are less composed. Something's amiss.

But OP and those like him will likely just go on using projection to fill in that blank.

people who are mad at this season are forgetting how many bad episodes were in the original series

It doesn't matter who you help, you'll never get help back. That's what the world is about, and the source of the adage "don't expect anything in return", because truly, nothing comes in return.

You drew a shit hand at life, so be it.

Maybe not you, but Tumblr and some other posts on Sup Forums pretty much proved the Op right. Just have a look at the SJ Salt thread.

this guy gets it

and aku has to stop being a bitch.

FORTUNE. COOKIE. NONSENSE.

What's amiss is good writing. They should have hired some actual writers, not have Genndy write half the scripts on his own. It's LOK all over again - why do creators keep thinking they can write!?

>bf
>Cute

Men are fucking disgusting creatures, I don't care if you're a woman or a man or a trap or a dog.

If you are a gay male or straight woman or like men AT ALL, you need to walk into the ocean.

that's some epic projection you just posted

Shit, somehow it only just now dawned on me the previous seasons were directed and conceived by Genndy but scripted by rotating writers.

I'm usually not this slow on the uptake, but something just clouded my thinking on this. I think that might be the simple matter of it.

No shit. Any writer worth their salt would have taken one look at the pacing of the script and demanded to have it rewritten.

The first 3 episodes were fantastic because Genndy played to his storytelling strengths. After that he started going into the realms of his weaknesses as a writer. Aishi is fine. Aishi Jack lover story is fine. It was just handled poorly.

>Aku is a depressed NEET now
What a coincidence.

The constant female roleplay on Sup Forums is starting to irritate me. I mean, it was funny at first, but now it's kind of annoying.

Can you explain to me how the "pacing" made Ashi take out an entire army without weapons?

>T.Lesbosaurus

>female

>Why didn't one of the main protagonists lose to an army of literally who mooks
>m-muh realism

Jack would have lost to them in the original series, guaranteed. At least without weapons.

It's not realism, it's consistency.

>when the daughters first appeared Jack could hardly see them they moved so fast
>after recovering from having his shit pushed in he slays all but one of them no problem

Its always been like this user

Sorry my post was for you

>defeats a bunch of robots that transform into a bigger robot with a fucking stick
>implying he wouldn't have just disarmed the first orc and killed them all with one sword
They're both cartoonishly overpowered, because it's a fucking cartoon.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Your opinion doesn't line up with consistency.

You're missing out, my man.

By your reasoning you don't hate Samurai Jack BECAUSE you've experienced True Love?
If so, good for you user. Get off Sup Forums and go give him/her a big smooch from us.

I saw this coming as soon as they gave her a name.

Then the scene with the two deer was what really gave it away.

This was how i wanted it to go from the beginning

He would've been beaten back, spent half the episode contemplating or meditating, and then effortlessly beat the crap out of all them.

Here it's the same with less time spent.