Now that the dust has settled:

Now that the dust has settled:
How does this impact the future of the franchise?

I hope luke comes back from the dead

the force becomes trangender

It's unfixably damaged. There's no way to recover gracefully from some of the shit that happened in TLJ and still make IX a good movie.

Not at all because it doesnt matter what the fans think just gotta keep shovelling it out until it stops making money then reboot the series and start over.

I’m not meming - I know Normies who say they don’t care anymore because ‘it isn’t Star Wars anymore’.

No franchises are indestructible. See Ghostbusters.

this trilogy is in the grave, kylo only compelling character and he's about to expire. Disney seems to be taking pleasure in raping the franchise.

Saw this movie yesterday laughed hard as fuk at basically every rebel officer in this being a woman. No wonder they all died apart from the 10 people that got on the falcon at the end.

it was fine

Sup Forums is the only forum treating this movie like a disaster, and it has more to do with being emotionally invested in disney failing than anything in the actual movie

It's already transgender. Don't you remember all the marketing for the OT saying that the Force was male?
The actress who plays the wife in The Witch is a First Order officer in the opening scene. I don't know why I noticed it.

No but the chosen of the force is a transgender.
Having the dark side (men) and light side (women) he/she can be the fuck out of everybody

Ghostbusters was never good

destroyed
Solo film will be the biggest flop of all time

I liked it but I could see a better film behind some pretty major editing mistakes. But you are right about Sup Forums dogpiling it because this board wants to see Disney screw it up.

I was honestly most intrigued by Leia after TFA but TLJ didn’t do shit beyond IM MARRY POPPINS YALL and now she either has to be expositioned our or killed off ...

This. Damage is done. They have two options. They strike 8 and remake it. That will not happen. Or, they push forward and hope to start making good movies so that people, by and large, forget about 8.

Damaged.
Solo will be fucked, and IX box office will be even lowers than TLJ

This.

I haven't been reading stuff, what do people hate about it?

It was written by a deconstructionist who shat all over everything people like and wanted, and was drowning in feminist politics to the point it threatened suspension of disbelief.

Literally almost every scene is shit. Nothing is achieved in the movie. Characters are thrown away for no reason. Everyone is either ugly, can't act or both. Humor is terrible. Moral lessons are cringeworthy and hamfisted. Tons of shit stolen from the OT. No internal consistency when it comes to physics, how the force works, etc. A few scenes that are truly awful, like I'm talking 14% on RT kind of awful.

>Now that the dust has settled
It has been 11 days since it came out, the dust isn't settled

>drowned in feminist politics
What are you talking about?

>Mfw they would have better booking if Vince was in charge

That's fucking pathetic
>Coming from someone who has watched wrestling less than a year ago

Fucking atrocious

Fucked it so hard that prequels are better.

all shitposting aside, if having two females in positions of power in your movie is enough to trigger you it's probably time to take a look in the mirror and stop blaming the movie

Wow you're right! Now that I'm over my hatred, I realize it's an objectively amazing movie! Thanks user! :^)

>veganism
>animal rights
>mansplaining
>women in leadership abilities
>mary sue main character

I'm gonna have some good keks if they fire all the women involved with the writing of this film, bring in a bunch of nerdy white male writers, and then Episode 9 turns out to be the best installment since ESB.

I refuse to crawl back like a battered house wife. I'm done

Did we watch the same movie?

TLJ was basically Guardians of the Galaxy-tier, and it’s attracting that kind of audience—namely people who had an extremely casual interest in Star Wars who happen to care about “social justice.”

And I don’t care about Daisy Ridley or Boyega because they acted fine. But don’t tell me the producers and JJ weren’t selling the new movies on the basis of diversity.

The Force Awakens was not bad. The Last Jedi, however, was a sloppy movie.

Han Solo movie will flop
IX will try to recover but will ultimately end with the same fate as VIII
They will try to release another spin-off movie, but focused on a cast member from nu-trilogy; it will also fail

Somewhere around there, a new videogame or book series or something is announced; it's done by a competent and invested studio, brings life back into the franchise.
Various mediocre movie backstories and spinoffs are released during this time; Ownership rights will inevitably be mixed up during this period, someone other than Disney will be in charge of the movies, but Disney will likely still hold the title
Another movie series is announced 5-15 years later, has nothing to do with the OT, the movies are smash hits.

Star Wars dies after IX. All of this talk of a new trilogy is just buzz. It will fall apart before the new trilogy gets to production. Christ, even the anthologies are terminal right now.

The franchise still has enough momentum to go one more big movie, but it's fizzling out at the roots and soon the zeitgeist will abandon these movies just it did with the prequels.

There's enough momentum and backing to bring TLJ upwards of 800 million at least, but I doubt it will break 1 billion. I'm expecting Episode IX to make around 600 million.

Star Wars will never again reach the plateau of its former glory.

Almost everything in WWE right now has great quality and potential except for the rehashed and contrived storytelling. The matches and production are amazing. The talent is there. WWE just hasn't been able to see it through to do anything special with it outside of NXT.

Girl behind me kept going "ew" every time this hag was onscreen.

>No more pyro
>Shield "reunion"
>Reigns
>Bailey
>Nakamura
>Bitch in the mask

I can keep going, Braun is pretty memeworthy I guess and there is based queer basher styles so its not all bad true.