How can they make the LOTR TV series NOT flop?!

How can they make the LOTR TV series NOT flop?!
They have to completely avoid SJW pandering and have a great cast of actors (famous or not) that are loyal to the literature source.

Regardless it'll be compared to the Jackson Trilogy, which is a hard thing to compete against

they can't make it not flop and it's not even in their plan
they don't want to make money from LOTR, they want to destroy it

there are few things that can be measured to impact success in a visual production
>cgi and visuals
there is no way, even with current advancements, that the visuals will be better in a tv show than in the movies
>actors and delivery
there is no way they will get A list talent on a tv show, not many knighted thespians will show up for auditions, you can take my word for it
and, finaly
>story
it's the same fucking story, and it's still fresh for the masses since the last movie came out
the only thing they could do here is to fuck with it in order to make it what they, the purple haired diversity hires that replaced all competent writers, think the world wants to see

it will be a SJW shit fest with a queer frodo questioning his sexuality when he sees black gandalf at the foot of his bed when recovering from weathertop
screencap this

i'm a big fan of the tolkien and shit but i won't watch this

Why in hell did they decide to remake LOTR instead of adapting some other fantasy IP to get the GOT audience. They're just setting themselves out for massive backlash from autistic fans.

they can make prequal, with differnt characters.

It's not actually retelling the story of the Lord of the Rings and will be telling other stories from Middle Earth.

>thinking they'll remake the trilogy
Nigga you cannot be this dumb.

I love Tolkien and his works but awkwardly I also enjoyed Shadow of Mordor / War but that's probably because those games were classed as non-canon.

As the first user said it's going to be an SJW shitfest.
What kind of crowd are they even appealing too? The Tolkien fans don't want it. The Movie fans don't want it.

Why even bother?
I want a fucking TV series on the Inheritance (Dragon, Brasingr) and Nine Kingdoms (Abhorsen, Sabriel) series instead.

There is so much shit out there.

The LotR series will pander to SJW like nothing before, you'll see fat elves, black elves, asian hobbits and human cities full of mixed people like a London subway station.

because LOTR is the story of white evolved races banding together to destroy the evil, corrupted dark invaders seeking to destroy their civilisation

this story is not acceptable today and it needs to be rewritten to be the story of the multiculturaly enriched fellowship representing the differently skinned subdivisions of each civilised race banding together to destroy the evil, corrupted white orcs seeking to destroy their multicultural paradise

they don't want to make money off it, they want to alter it in the minds of whoever is dumb enough to watch it

>thinking they'll make a tv series about the silmarillion
yeah dude, that's gonna happen for sure

>because LOTR is the story of white evolved races banding together to destroy the evil, corrupted dark invaders seeking to destroy their civilisation

>manlets with beards and big noses who crave gold, live in holes in the ground and their women grow beards
>even smaller manlets with curly hair who don't even wear shoes and also live in holes

>white manlets who, while craving gold, build a civilization capable of turning the inside of a mountain into a metropolis
>white even smaller manlets who live in a highly organized and peaceful agrarian society

yeah, i see your confusion there

Because everything you love needs to be deconstructed (i.e destroyed)

Post-modernism has no originality. All it does is remake art in it's own nihilistic, ugly, warped image. They take everything made by "old white men" and identify the "problematic elements" that will be replaced with something that fits the cookie-cutter progressive ideology.

It's an exercise in narcissism. The elite find culture/civilization destroyers useful these days. The majority of the public is beaten down and demoralized, lacking self-control and dignity. The increasing consolidation of media ownership now down to a handfull of giants goes hand in hand with the SJW phenomenon in culture. Culture needs to be nothing more than a vehicle for political reeducation. That's why it recently moved from subversive, subtle political propaganda to an overt, aggressive push in every show/movie/video game. They are openly lecturing/ostracising you.

The franchises/heroes/mentors that the "undesirables" cherish are first. The last Star Wars was a clear attempt and destroying "Star Wars as you know it" because the way you know it is sexist/hetero-normative/non-inclusive/male-fantasy/authoritarian/capitalist etc.

Everything else will follow. Everything you love will be destroyed. Modern western culture is a cancer metastasizing in everything it touches.

I have no idea why is Hollywood showing all the cards all of a sudden. There is something that made them advance the agenda faster and in very obvious ways. Whatever it is, it's big enough for them not to care is the audience becomes aware of their indoctrination.

Considering the fact that they make teachers talk about fake news and gender fluidity in grade school leads me to believe that they've given up on reeducating the current generation and they're focusing on the next one, and starting as early as possible, just as comrade Stalin used to do it.

im sure they were rooting for bigots like you to watch it

It's a bit ironic that you've written this enormous diatribe about Hollywood trying to subvert media to its own political ends when the image you posted with is a direct attempt to try and subvert Tolkien's work to what I assume are your own political beliefs.

I just want a straight remake. No SJW pandering. No Jackson pandering. Just, do LotR more luke the books than Jackson could.

LotR was remade many times. I want to see another

>Warner Bros movie edgy meme image
>"Tolkien's work"

As if a lame joke invalidates anything I said.

oh shit its OMAR!!!

Imagine getting this upset and feeling superior over everyone because of a reddit post, jesus christ

The sum of what you said is so absurdly exaggerated that it's hard to take any legitimate points you make seriously. It's the stuff of persecution complex. I don't disagree completely with the points you make about an agenda being explicitly pushed, but you're clearly engaged in excessive hyperbole.

If 10 years ago I would have said that in 2017 the media would be trying to normalize gender dysphoria (mental illness) people like you would repond in the same measured, skeptical tone. >"you're reading too much into it/too ridiculous to be true/overly-dramatic hyperbole"

There's too many "tinfoil quack conspiracies" that have been proved true lately. Looking at these thing in the same old half-apathetic way is a luxury we can't afford.

But I'm sure nothing I say will sway you. People have a vested emotional interest in believing things aren't as bad as they seem. Even if what I've said is a bit exaggerated, it's still a healthier response than yours.

You're going to wake up one day wondering where are all the reasonable, mentally and emotionally sound people gone.

*have gone

>how to make it not flop
- bring back as many actors from LotR as possible (most importantly Gandalf)
- revisit the same locations in Middle-earth that normies know (especially the Shire)
- protagonist is a strong independent woman, possibly of mixed race
- it turns out that she was responsible behind the scenes for important events in LotR
- also there's a Southron ranger or something because we're deconstructing race
- lots of gritty intrigue and torture to bring in the GoT audience
- end with a giant cliffhanger to make sure that dumb mouthbreathers tell all their twitter followers how much they're looking forward to season 2

>how to make it actually good though
- base it on the Silmarillion
- there's a loose central narrative about Morgoth and the Elves in Beleriand, focused on Luthien and Beren
- most episodes are still stand-alone stories about other things, such as the creation of the world, Ungoliant attacking the Trees, the first men and dwarves, the fall of Gondolin, etc
- since it's a show and not a movie, really take the time for detailed world-building
- second to last episode is about Earendil requesting the aid of the Valar, with a fuck-huge epic battle against Ancalagon the Black
- last episode is just quiet world-building with Galadriel narrating the aftermath of Morgoth's fall
- no meta-discourse at all; just a collection of genuine and unironic adventure tales
- massive practical effects everywhere