Rippy Dipp

Comfy Gravity Falls Thread.
Get in here anons!

Other urls found in this thread:

archiveofourown.org/series/171584
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mabel was terrible.

Now that we've gotten that out of the way, we can have a thread

I just binged watch this for the first time over the last couple of days. I avoided it like the plague because the fandom is such shit, but I fucking loved this show. Beautiful art, good mix of child/adult humor, cool story. I kind of got a LOST feeling from the ending, but other than that it was pretty great.

Pic related, gravity falls version of 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42.

Any news on Alex's show that he's making for FOX?

>tfw we'll never get an episode of Wendy and Tambry taking a road trip and accidentally stumbling on a witches coven who want to suck out their youth and beauty

Gravity Falls is a quintessential summer cartoon. Kids on summer vacation, endless mysteries, summer romances, it's got it all.

And yes it peaked with Not What He Seems. Everything after that was falling action, to be generous.

Is that a fucking mystery spot reference?

I know Sup Forums does October streams of spooky toons, but we should try seasonal streams with GF in the summer, etc. What would the other seasons have?

>Is that a fucking mystery spot reference?

Pretty sure that's what it's based on yeah.

>cartoon about summer.
>ended in February

I'll never stop being mad

The summer Season 1 came out was a thing of magic

Who is Dipper going to go see first next summer?

twincest is best wincest
pinecest is best twincest

The apocalypse was falling action?

Is it true that you can watch the whole show with the assumption that Mabel's secretly in love with her brother, and nothing will happen to contradict that?

i doubt its happening..And if he does go through with it, it will get cancelled after one season since it wont be able to compete with family guy and the simpsons

>kissing Mabel
Gross

Pacifica
Candy is "literally who"-tier

Post Robbin

literally who is better than literally whore

How's it hanging Dipper?

I feel like if we get word on comics, it'll be during this Summer, right?

It just seems proper.

Post BillDip fics that aren't Human Bill

please

>that aren't Human Bill

That's a tall order.

Also fanfics aren't allowed on co.

Links to fanfics are completely acceptable on Sup Forums

I believe in you user....

No they're not

I don't care for Bildip

Ttod the Frog resurrects all the dead memes in the prequel season

Look at all this autism!

I miss you guys soo much
Still the best cartoon of the decade

Queen of the Manatees!?

Pinecest is bad and you should feel bad.

You mean Wendy?

There's only one thing worse than billdip with human bill

billford with human bill

Pacifica's massive breasts.

This show makes much more sense under assumption that Mabel has psychic powers she isn't aware of and mind-controls everyone.

oh look, an user with taste

Pacifica is the only interesting female character. Wendy is vaguely likeable, and Mabel's circle is occasionally funny but Pacifica is the only one who had an actual plot.

Since when???
Is that some new made up rule mods enforce?

Oh look, Stan's other alias, Amos Gettinbetter

This is great. Thanks for posting it bro.

Show where it says they aren't.

>Pacifica
>Starts as unlikable, Queen Bee bitch rival
>Over time getting to know the twins and through trials and tribulations she starts to question her shallow and vapid world view and discovers her inner strength
>Learns to resist her parents brainwashing and stand up in the face of danger for the one person who actually believed in her
>Comes out a stronger and better person for it

>Candy
>Look! I taped forks to my fingers! Aren't I so cute and quirky?
>...that's all I got!

Candy is the unnotable middleman. The only reason people remember her is because she is among other, more conspicuous companions. I mean, like the others, she is there, but she leaves only a fraction of the impression.

>literally whore
But I didn't mention Wendy.

What a cutie.

The ship is updated. Pic related.

Alex DID implied that something would come out. What you guys would like to read on the comics?

>Pacifica
>Starts as unlikable, Queen Bee bitch rival
>Ended as unlikable, Queen Bee bitch sidekick

>Candy
>is cute and shares some interests with Dipper including mysteries and monstermon
>did more heavy lifting during the final fight

Stop the faggotory, we all know that pic related is best girl. With this decided, I ask now a question to you guys.

Since the show ended, what else has you been watching?

I see many people comparing the show with Twin Peaks. Is it any good?

Morty kissing Summer is less cringe than this.

To be fair, that would way better than wendip (if Dipper actually man up to face Robin's bulling/teasing).

I'm still an irreversible padippica thrash, though.

Candy is way too similar to Mabel and we know how it went, and Hirsch seems to have gone out of his was to quash the ship.

And her tiny psycho thing that could differentiate her from Mabel didn't show up consistently.

>shares some interests with Dipper including mysteries
Fucking when
>and monstermon
Oh shit, a child likes Not!Pokemon? Stop the fucking presses, we have found our one in a million perfect waifu material right here!

Candy's potential started as a thin thread, and that thread was cut with Roadside Attraction which, as shitty of an episode that was, was still canon.

Also
>Implying Pacifica isn't cute

>Shipping her brother with some Asian chick with no personality besides being a second Asian Mabel
>shipping a lone wolf like Stan at all

You know, for a Master romances, Mabel sure did have some shit taste.

What is irritating about this is that first part of the episode seems to set her to fail, only to swerve around and have her succeed.

Say, does she also happen to like Bikes?

reality benders man, not even once

That could pretty much describe A majority of Mabel moments, as she can do no wrong.

>Mabel in an act of desperation makes a deal with the Devil to preserve all the good Summer times?
>Oh no wait, he was disguised as someone else, so it's totally not her fault.

>Bill decides to put her in a stasis bubble to hide her away forever.?
>Oh wait, it's actually an amazing paradise world where every Fantasy of hers comes true and she's waited on hand and foot

>Mabel has has to be convinced by her brother to leave her little ivory Tower and do her duty in helping to fix the mess she created?
>It's just Dipper Making one long apology speech of how sorry he is for daring to leave her and consider pursuing his own goals (although granted, the apprenticeship idea was a silly idea that has been done to death in junior Fiction Novels already)

That's not at all like what I was talking about.

Although thematic and moral confusion of the finale is startling.

How?

Everyone loves her and find her charming no matter what she does. Everyone will give her what they want. And she's completely unaware of concept of not getting her way.

They constantly get deleted

>Gideon wasn't the psychic, Mabel was

Deep

>Mabel is actually Haruhi Suzumiya

Yeah twin peaks is really good. Has a chill cozy vibe.

It's like the universe will implode if she suffers more than that absolute minimal amount possible.

It's been a while since I watched the episode. How so?

Mabel fashions herself an expert matchmaker, but her pairings are forced and arbitrary. Either way, she doesn't take anything into account, including wishes and preferences of subjects. She sets up Robbie and Tambry, and it predictably fails, because they don't like each other in any way.

So Mabel being Mabel decides to double down and mess with their minds because she can't accept being wrong. Which went about as good as before, because high on love potion kids are annoying and unreasonable.

But it works in the end anyway, because fuck you, that's why.

That sounds like a bad episode

Well it is. But it also sounds like an episode that sweved mid-episode from being an episode where Mabel is wrong and learns something, to an episode where Mabel is right after all.

>I want a 12 year old child to suffer because she made the decisions a 12 year old child would make

This is no way to live your life, user.

Fucking Dipper suffers all the time, whether or not he did anything wrong.

>I want children to excused from the consequences of making bad decisions.
This is what leads to shitty adults.

Guys guys come on. This was supposed to be a Comfy Thread. Can't we all just stop talking about how much Mabel a shit and just post cute things like ships and shit?

This is an image board user.

That said here is a picture.

Pretty sure links are fine just fanfic itself not allowed. I have never seen links deleted.

Pacifica is the only girl who is good influence on Dipper and Dipper is a good influence on her.

Dipper's Dipper
Post Dipper

archiveofourown.org/series/171584

pacifica's something something

I usually find reverse AU's to be stupid as they're often just "It's the exact same thing but everything is opposite" but this one just tickles me pink.

Something about a young, Tomboyish Wendy being initially hostile to an Older Pacifica Northwest, resenting her taking the Affections of Dipper, but eventually warming up her and seeing her as a big sister fighter after realizing that she's not the witch she made her out to be seems heart-warming to me. Muh better thank the whole "Robbie is an asshole" thing that was in the Canon. Plus, the Way Wendy holds Lil' Soos reminds me of Scooby-Doo.

Post Padippica.

Kay boss.

How book smart is Dipper, and what character from any other Sup Forums show would have a similar intelligence level as him?

Tony Stark.
Maybe though - just barely.

The classic

Over The Garden Wall is the perfect Fall cartoon.

Goddamn that is adorable.

What about Spring?

Dipper would have an Abra almost 100%