Friendly reminder: Comic book movies are supposed to be at least a little campy

Friendly reminder: Comic book movies are supposed to be at least a little campy.

t. mouseketeer who can't handle a single ounce of seriousness in their movie

Why?

lmao

There is no exact way for a comicbook movie to be.
It is literally just meaning that a movie is an adaptation of a story from a comic book.

You can make campy movies like The Mask or The Avengers and they can be campy.
And you could also make Snowpiercer or A History of Violence or Logan.

I don't remember Persepolis being campy and it turned out pretty great.

more like people are gonna view a comic book movie as campy no matter what you do so may as well work with that rather than against it
same as all action movies

It helps them maintain some cohesion with the source material, which is often inherently silly in some aspect or another. And it helps it remain truer to the spirit of the source material.

Though OP should have said superhero comic book movies, because shit like Road to Perdition and A History of Violence certainly should be campy.

I disagree with OP's assessment either way though

>It helps them maintain some cohesion with the source material, which is often inherently silly in some aspect or another.
Yeah Punisher Max sure is full of silliness. You do not understand tone and are retarded.

And you should probably get your eyes checked, or bother to finish reading my post, since I made the same point in my second line (typo withstanding)

Even superhero comics have WILDLY different tones you dip.

T. somebody who doesn't read comics

They do. But I didn't say tone. I said aspect. It could be tone, or some minor detail, or the absurdity of the premise, or even just the look of the characters or costumes. Or fuck, how awkwardly the dialogue is written.

So basically what you're saying is that adaptations should be adaptations. Get hollywood on the phone!

As always, a company wars fag is quick to respond. Suicide Squad was campy as fuckn AND won an award. Take your bullshit somewhere else please.

Daily reminder that a literal who is the 2nd most popular OPM character

Persepolis wasn't totally free of humour. The comic had parts that made me laugh. The movie was played more seriously.

I'm not sure "Dude. Unicorn, LMAO" is campy.
I think that's more Tryhard.
Suicide Squad is very, very Tryhard.
Specifically it was trying to be another, more successful movie from another franchise.

You fucked up by saying 'comic book movies' and not 'superhero movies', as if one automatically meant the other

Otherwise, yes, the superhero genre is inherently silly. Being aware of that can only help you

That's quite the display of mental gymnastics just to say you're a fan of a failing franchise

Cape movies should just not be. Sekrit club was better.

> AND won an award

For makeup.

still flick-tier garbage

I meant all comic book movies. Plebfags don't know campy ≠ haha funny. Campy just means it is portrayed with emphasis into how its stylized.

>pic related

I don't think campiness would have really fit into this movie

if you mean campiness as my dick and this movie as your mom, then I assure you, it fits.