This is the main problem

This is the main problem.
It’s just too good.

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/12/13/the-last-jedi-may-be-too-good-of-a-star-wars-movie/#77e5b97a45ef
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>tfw too dumb for star wars

Oh fuck fanboys rekt

Like how Hillary was too good a presidential candidate?

Why do they always pull this shit?

>tfw to intelligent for the white house

They are trying so hard it's hilarious.

When the bread and circuses stop Rome falls.

>tfw to intelligent too direct a well liked star wars movie

This article may be too retarded.

More like they're doing this so that they can keep writing about how badly the box office is doing for the movie

For you

>look at the top of his head
fucking mendelson

>tfw I only enjoy bad movies

yeah. instantly thought of this faggotry

>tfw to intelligent to have a high iq

>mfw this is what women tell themselves when they get dumped

Most of the shitbirds defending this movie so hard are penis creatures though. Not that it make those articles less fucking stupid.

They don't respect objectivity and the real world

"Intelligence" and "goodness" are whatever you want them to be in the Participation Trophy Age.

>objectivity
>real world
There is no objectivity shitlord, only perspectives which become popular enough to be accepted as truth by the general populace. Go back to philosophy 101, or better yet, Sup Forums.

>shitbirds
>penis creatures
>>>/tumblr/

Just like "her" campaign was too smart?

Oh fuck off.

hahahahahahahahhahahahhaha

it's wonderful

>more males than females defending

when will sexism end bros? the future is female

>namefag

But a vocal minority of its fanbase refuses to move on, trudging along in a feeble attempt to manufacture their perfect individual version of Star Wars for the satisfaction of their wet dreams. The Force Awakens may have been dangerous because it reinforced reminders of the old, but the backlash was strong, even though it utilized structural similarities and plot developments for the sake of mystery-box subversion. Many viewers hated Abrams’ film because it exposed their reverence and mythologization of the original trilogy to an absurd degree and refracted it back in the characters’ personalities. Cries and whimpers of “It’s the same thing as the original Star Wars!!” might as well be re-worded into “I didn’t like it because it gave me exactly what I’ve been worshipping for the last thirty years!!”.
While The Force Awakens, in a sense, weakened those who have never moved on from the original trilogy, The Last Jedi leaves them in the blood-red dust. It soars off into the galaxy with a fresh twinkle in its eye and a comical, sly reverence for Star Wars itself and not the version so many people have fabricated in their fantasies. The characters have been freed from their ties to Original Trilogy characters, and while they will always carry them within their hearts. Johnson showcases that no progression can be unearthed without change, and change is the opposite of stagnantly committing to ancient fandom favorites just because that’s how they’re remembered. The truth hurts for the personalities in The Last Jedi and the audience observing it play out across the screen; they have realized their stories are just that. It’s what you take away from them, and where you go from there that matters. This gargantuan space-opera train is finally back to square one, freed from the constraints of its sickening fanbase and bursting into hyperspace towards the future. Time to let go.

>Admiral Holdo was too smart to win

>namefag

So are you black, a tranny, or both?

>it soars off into the galaxy with a fresh twinkle in its eye

>its sickening fanbase
Oh, that attitude couldn't possibly backfire.

>"Fuck I just stabbed myself fuckfuckfuck it HURTS"
>"Uh excuse me no it doesn't, objectivity doesn't exist in the universe. Also, Sup Forums"

I think you might just be smart enough for SW, congrats buddy.

Stay mad, weakling.

Both obviously.

so they're up to the bargaining phase

Seems like Forbes, NYT, and similar, are too "smart" to realize that Star Wars fans watch the movies to escape from reality and see a story written for its own sake,
rather than seeing it for some retard trying to shoehorn mainstream politics into it and writing a story for the sake of political agenda rather than for the sake of the story itself.

The difference between a writer doing an agenda and a writer writing for the sake of just writing a story is that an agenda is focused on only one thing while the writing surrounding it is treated half-arsedly because it's just touch-up for the agenda,
while a writer writing a story for the sake of story doesn't have a focus and actually goes out to research various shit like a polymath so the whole story in all its elements are finely brushed and polished.

Given how Last Jedi reads like a highschool assignment written up by a bored student in a rush who focused on only 1 aspect, it's obvious it was not a Star Wars movie but a shitty propaganda piece.

>"critics" love iconoclasm
>a good portion of normies get mad at them for ruining Star Wars
this really isn't surprising

Which stage of the grieving process is this?

>only perspectives which become popular enough to be accepted as truth
THE EARTH IS FLAT!
THERE'S A GOOD REASON MOST OF SOCIETY BELIEVED THIS IN THE PAST, BECAUSE IT'S TRUE!

>too smart to win
>convinced to campaign in the dumbest way and have to cheat to get the nom

Note that this is from Dec. 13th, so just another one of the fawning reviews. Not a response to the fanbase backlash.
forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/12/13/the-last-jedi-may-be-too-good-of-a-star-wars-movie/#77e5b97a45ef

>you don't need food or water Sup Forumscuck

When will Trump finally ban soy products?

This reminds me how all the experts in polling said Hillary was going to win by 90%. Just obviously trying to pander to those who pay for their jobs and so on. It baffles me how anyone can be so much of a brainlet to actually guide himself by the opinions of "movie critics".

You're objectively an idiot. This defeats your argument.

>Hillary Clinton was too smart to win
Post-election damage control deja vu

>tfw the film was too big for little minds

the sheer audacity of these fucking kikes

(((post-modernist))) detected

Those projections conceivably had an impact on the election, though. I think it spurred the indignant who hated the system and placated those who though Hillary would win by a landslide. The media ironically helped Trump get elected by their zealous narratives.

The movie was good but it wasn't a masterpiece.

There's no middle ground with anything these days, everything is either the best thing ever or the worst thing ever...

>Haha my subjective experience is TRUTH these aren't shadows on a cave THEY'RE REAL.
Nice projections
>>only perspectives which become popular enough to be accepted as truth
>leaves out the part where I add "general populace" at the end
Nice strawman
I'll try labelling him, that's a good trick!

I can't understand how this argument is ever justifiable.
>x was too smart to win
>x was too good of a film to do well
>x is too engaging of a novel

How can a form of art be so good that its bad?

>>leaves out the part where I add "general populace" at the end
>Nice strawman
I did not. Historical records showcase general populace. Literally kill yourself.

>The movie was good
No it wasn't

The point is that what most people believe does not determine truth. That was why I said that what people call truth is nothing more than popular opinion.

>humans needing food and water to survive is subjective

What?

>scott cuckerson
Didn't he write an article about the DRUMPF endorsed Review Bombing™ being totally fake news because how much money the movie was making? What does he think about the catastrophic weekend drop now?

>what are breatharians
Stay hungry foodcucks

>This is your mind, this is your mind on Judaism
Faggot

Hillary was too good of a candidate to win the election

>The point is that what most people believe does not determine truth.
Yes.
>That was why I said that what people call truth is nothing more than popular opinion.
Nope.

What most people believe does not determine truth unless proven through research of purely physical and thus objective and calculable forces (since a human mind doesn't dictate or influence basic physical laws that nature determined before we even existed), in which case popular opinion molded by proven research becomes truth.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand The Last Jedi. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Kylo's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike The Last Jedi truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rose's existencial catchphrase "We will defeat the First Order not by fighting what we hate, but saving what we love," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Rian Johnson's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Porg tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

It's been fun to watch Sup Forums cry about the Last Jedi so much, especially after Sup Forums favorites like Blade Runner 2049 were such incredible bombs.

>The point is that what most people believe does not determine truth
Yes, we typically call this "objectivity"

Let me guess: (((Scott Mendelson)))?

TLJ is bombing hard too for Star Wars standards

>his mind can't influence physical reality
>he didn't figure out how to collapse wavefunctions at will in 3rd grade
You're oppressing my differing perspective with your toxic masculine imposition of beliefs
someone else from tumblr argue these guys I don't know how to

>new addition to the "people to suffer in the next holocaust list": retards who read Forbes.

>>his mind can't influence physical reality
My cock does it instead.
Check Mate dicklet.

There's no way you're not some roastie cunt.

The fact that there are people who get paid to write this smarmy shit smear of an article is prove that we need to start kicking some fucking jaws in.
Learn some humility you ugly piece of shit.

>Daily intelligencer
>That giant Clinton head
>Too smart to win

for libshits
if they win its because they are on the right side of history
if they lose its because the plebs were too stupid, and they are too ahead of their time

for conservshits
if they win they are the silent majority
if they lose its because of degenerate youth not understanding the way the world works

same shit different assholes. shit's shit. Just rhetoric.

Objectivity allowed you to post from your phone on this thread.
this is like being on the top of a building saying engineering is impossible

lel this is like when my mom says I don’t have a gf because I’m too handsome and it’s intimidating to girls. It couldn’t possibly be my crippling autism

Is it from that same faggot who keeps releasing positive Star Wars articles mere hours after the other dude trashes it on Forbes? He must have a pile of them locked and ready to go.

>shitlord

go back to tumblr

Potato is still potato.

This guy gets it. It's all just group-think bullshit anyway.

The reasoning is the same as the feminist blue haired 250lb woman convincing herself that she is just "too attractive" for men to approach.

This is important to note ITT.
It's just an honest early review praising it, nothing to do with the backlash.

Seems like some people will swallow almost anything if it just supports their narrative, right?

i hate to tell you but subjectivity of normative values is considered and has been considered one of the most retarded opinions in the philosophical community for 80+ years

I believe the point is that on a technical level, this film was extremely well done. It's just that Star Wars NEETs are petulant children terrified of change and bold direction. Hence why they slurped up JJ's lazy, copycat, Transformers-level schlock.

i think the main issue is people just spouting 'objectivity rulez i am objective' without really supporting it thoroughly. just blindly accepting their reality as canon without thoroughly questioning it.

It's not really fair to categorize certain political opinions and viewpoints as having true objective merit.

A bold direction would have been for Finn to sacrifice himself. Honor, chivalry, a true knight.
But no we can't do that because it would be killing off the central minority.
That is how broken things are.

Erm, that was because we do not destroy what we hate, but protect what we love...

Exactly right. It takes at least 5-16 viewings to even begin to appreciate how truly deep of a movie it is.

Tell that to purple admiral.

I was genuinely curious in that scene, as to whether or not it was going to happen. The fact that it felt possible does show a massive change in tone for a Star Wars movie. The universe felt so fresh for once.

Regardless, Finn is tied to too many other characters' developments going forward I think.

t. radical centrist

Hmm, only took me one. Might wanna get that looked at.

>My mortal enemy is about to rape and murder my daughter
>"do not destroy what we hate, but protect what we love"
>[Nervous sweating]

Let me put it to you this way:
The next Star Wars is not going to be a Star Wars movie that's for sure.
We'll just have to wait patiently.
In the meantime, enjoy your freshness.

Well it's still "Wars" and she's an admiral lol.
She has no choice but to fight, unless it's giving up to the first order.

Then you're obviously just vastly more intelligent than I am. I'm more so talking about the average layman such as myself. After 5+ viewings the film definitely begins to grow on you as you notice all the layers, vistas etc.