Modern day movie crowds are Cringe AF

Saw TLJ at theater with GF on XMAS and I nearly walked out multiple times after all the applauding, whistling, cheering, and banter whispering. Why are movie goers so god awful cringy these days!?

>Rey cuts rock and it falls down hill smashing aliens cart.
Scattered laughs and giggles from the audience

>Light speed ram scene and all audio goes silent for effect.
Guy loudly makes orgasming noise during silent part.
Whispers loudly from the back: “Oh my god watch how cool this is!!”

>every time porgs or crystal wolves on screen
Whispering and chanting “OMG, they’re sooooo cute!! omg I love them, I want one!!”

>Porg screaming on ship
Scattered laughing and clapping through the audience

>first order finishes firing on Luke
>”Do you think you got him”
Laughing and clapping hysterically

>Luke dusts shoulder off
Louder laughing, clapping, cheering, whistling and roars of laughter

>Luke responds to Kylo: “Amazing every word of what you just said was wrong”
Audience Laughing loudly (We get it lol! Bc of what he said before to Rey! We totally get it and are laughing cuz we’re all in on it!!)

>Luke revealed to be projecting
Literally clapping and whistling and applause.
“What a twist!!!! What a reveal!!”
>Luke dies
Cheering and applause. Some people actually stand up and pump fists

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CMKWPtJc18c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I saw that book in barnes ad noble the other day. Disgusting.
Just like pic related. What is this bullshit? Does the author even know why this doesn't make sense? Did he just say "lol whatever I'm just going to make some nonsense for kids and make an amazing character look like a faggot? I mean who has any respect for source material lololol"

I'm fucking salty.

>Luke dies
>crowd cheers
Sounds about right desusenpai

>Chewy literally skins and roasts a porg
>about to bite into it
...until...
>porg looks at chewy with big eyes and cute face
>throws rotisserie porg away
>lol jk, I’m vegetarian now!

>chewie witnesses best friend die
>rescues litterally who rey instead of murdering kylo
>just sorta lives on the ship and does whatever she says
>lets her go to kylo alone
>instead of wanting to go attack the ship himself
>kylo just standing on the planet at the end
>chewie rescues everyone again
>instead of flying the falcon down
>and strafing the whole first order along with kylo

Chewie is just as ruined as any other character now. He is a porg joke.

Don't go to the movies in India

youtube.com/watch?v=CMKWPtJc18c

I saw the movie yesterday, everyone was quiet in my theater.

>wouldgenocide.webm
The audio of that clip actually sounded pretty close to what was heard in the theater after Luke was kill.

Fuck movie crowds

>Luke dusts shoulder off
>clapping
I experienced the same, I get the laughter since it's involuntary but yeah it was pretty bad. my showing started off with some LOUD black family spilling a bunch of popcorn right in front of me and then yapping right up until the movie started, luckily there were some seats available closer to the screen so I just moved but I'm sure they would have been chirping the whole movie. theaters need autism barriers for people that just want to you know watch the fucking thing in silence away from the carnival monkeys.

I did see it in a luxury cinema in SoCal which had recliners and was serving steak and lobster and wine so maybe it was the demographic of people. Idk tho bc we saw TFA in the same theater when it came out and everyone was pretty respectful.

Movie was terrible tho so that probably made it worse bc it felt like I was surrounded by complete brainlets.

>Involuntarily laughing at a rock falling and destroying a wooden cart of some random alien
I just don’t understand this.

i would unironically purchase that book

> supporting the last jedi financially, and then coming on here to bitch and moan.

wew

>Saw TLJ at theater with GF on XMAS
Stopped reading right there. Of course you are going to get a bad crowd if you see some Star shit garbage during real pleb hours. This is a non issue if you go to good films in upscale/art theaters on weeknights.

>you’re not allowed to have a negative opinion of a movie once you’ve paid to see it
>you’re not supposed to discuss opinions of movies on a board dedicated to the discussion of movies

Wew

I don't remember him throwing it away. Btw that was the only decent scene in the entire movie.

>upscale/art theaters on weeknight
As I’ve stated already, we went to a luxury cinema where they served us steak, lobster and wine. Also, check your calendar friendo, it was on a weeknight.

>this is a nonissue if you go to good films
Stopped reading right there. Of course you wouldn’t know if the film/crowd is good until after you’ve seen it yourself you brainlet.

>Btw that was the only decent scene in the entire movie.
t. Soyboy

People are getting stupider

You're allowed to do both those things user. The thing is he's allowed to bitch at you for supporting a that movie.

Frankly I agree, you're a piece of shit for ever giving Disney any of your money. But hey, you're free to be a piece of shit. And after all, that's just like, my opinion, man.

Laughing is okay. Anything else is retarded.

Yep..
>Stupid people make great consumers
>Advertisers realize that stupid people comprise the base of the market bc the population of stupid people exceeds that of the opposite
>Semi-smart/smart people that gravitate towards pop culture start consuming stupidpeople driven advertisements
>Stupid advertising gets stupider
>Rinse and repeat

>Christmas
Not a regular weeknight
>Of course you wouldn’t know if the film/crowd is good until after you’ve seen it yourself you brainlet.
It's a fucking Star Wars film. There is only one type of crowd for pleb garbage like that.

The OT was the same shit, take off your nostalgia goggles

>Little green puppet foraging the trash
Audience laughs hysterically
>Light saber gets activated
Guy loudly makes orgasming noise

The only difference is that back then the ones in the audience were 12 year olds and now it's people like you in their 30s going to watch a kids movie and thinking they are smart for finding its flaws.

This.
I tip my fedora/tribilly to you, my man of fine knowledge.
Toodeeloo.

It's already dead and cooked at that point why let it go to waste

>he's allowed to bitch at you for supporting a that movie.
if he’s in this thread he’s probably already seen the movie as well and is therefor a brainlet hippo for criticizing me for doing the same. If he hadn’t seen the movie then he really has no place discussing it with me.

>you're a piece of shit for ever giving Disney any of your money.
Have you really never bought a ticket to a Disney movie or bought a Disney vhs, dvd or Blu-ray or a Disney product or gone to Disneyland. Or are you like 14 yo and just let your parents do that for you.

>you're free to be a piece of shit.
Yea I’m a price of shit for going on a date with my GF and seeing a movie. Get a life before trying to criticize others dude.

>And after all, that's just like, my opinion, man.
Sick reference man XD, you just be cool irl!!

Fucking losers

To be honest the type of audience you described is the absolute best way to experience a Fast & Furious movie

>It's a fucking Star Wars film. There is only one type of crowd for pleb garbage like that.

So you have never seen a Star Wars movie?? Literally wtf are you doing in this thread lol! You just like browse Sup Forums looking for threads to bitch at people for seeing movies you haven’t even seen and have no interest in... Jesus Christ your life must be pathetic user. I feel really bad for you.

Thank fuck I wasn't wearing headphones.

This

Anyone who is not a complete brainlet who watched the previous movies already knew beforehand this movie would suck balls. I watched it with 0 expectations and trying hard not to nitpick or anything and it still managed to make me angry over how bad it was. So yes you're a brainlet for supporting them with your money instead of watching some rip.

No fedoras needed for basic awareness. If you don’t think the general consumer is stupid then you are probably the stupid general consumer.

*brushes sunbleached socalhair out of face and proceeds to get sloppy bj from his qt3.14 little asian gf*

The original topic of discussion was movie crowds being cringe, not Star Wars specifically

>you’re a brainlet for not watching some shitty quality rip

Sorry I have the income, time and social skills necessary to afford a date night instead of being a social recluse watching a shoddy torrent in isolation.

Shouldn’t have expected anything more than sad socially awkward neckbeard advice tho form most people here.

What was their reaction to Luke drinking blue titty milk?

Thats exactly why I make my dad rent out the theater when I want to go with my friends. I cant stand being around those fucking poor retards.

Um...

He's always been a gag you rose tinted manbaby?

the laughing at puns/gags doesn't bother me but that
>soyboys making random loud "witty" remarks as the silence effect came in
happened when I watched it too and it really triggered me

Reminder that you can actually be hired as a "cinematic response facilitator" or whatever another shitty company decides to call it where you are given a script of when to laugh, clap, cheer, and standing ovation in the theater to try to lead audiences into experiencing the film more emotionally by getting them to join in and participate.

Probably nothing as we drink titty milk ourselves every day

No reaction at all actually. I was waiting for laughter or disgust but heard nothing which was surprising. That was really weird tho.. was that scene just included to emphasize that Luke was a rugged lonely old man?

I imagine they said something along the lines of "Awkwaaard.." with only the lower set of teeth showing while leaning over to his soyboy buddy.

When the ship rammed Snoke's ship and it was quiet some guy in the back yells "BOOM"

What makes people do this shit?

>Bragging about having the income to go to the cinema on an anonymous board

How much more pathetic can you get brainlet? Are you proud of having 10$? Congratulations. When you stop being a brainlet you might realize there are other movies to watch.

>Why are movie goers so god awful cringy these days!?
because SJW and numales are taught that they are entitled to be outspoken and to do whatever they want whenever they want regardless if they are rude or annoying to others.

>bragging
How is saying that I have money, time and social skills to go on a date to the movie bragging?? Btw.. where in the fuck is it only $10 to go to a movie? Literally racked up over a $200 bill with two tickets, dinner, snacks, beer and wine at Cinenoplois.

How insecure are you dude? Get a job, go out and meet some people and then you can “brag” about being able to afford a date night too.

Christ, you autists are so cringeworthy

one I recall was someone doing the "dun dun dun" effect

>paying to watch a movie instead of downloading a camrip isn’t very humble, man!
Kek. The absolute state of poorfags.

Could've been worse, at my theater people kept chanting "BIG BLACK COCKS" whenever Finn came on screen.

>forget to call when disney© clapotron© activates
>designated shooter blows my foot off
>get sentenced to 6 months in the popcorn mines after the movie
Fuck bros what do I do?

topkek

>serving steak and lobster and wine
Any crab legs though?

>SJWs and numales
Holy shit that was the other thing. Before seeing this movie I heard all the banter about
>muh strongk woman meme
>muh SJW
>muh diversity
>muh white devil men

It’s all fucking true. Spot on the movie was so obviously trying to shill in this newage bullshit!

>Literally all the leaders of the rebels are women
>men are always getting bested and talked down to by the wise mastergender
>men always being corrected patronized, and explained “how it really is” by enlightened powerful females
>Fin defeats his old first order commander who is a blue eyed white guy barely visible thru hole in metallic armor.
>“You were always scum” to black guy
>every scene including a diversified skittles pallet of characters
>Luke is grumpy old white dude that needs to be guided by female Rey
>Yoda burns books
>“you dont need books silly Luke! Rey has everything within her bc she’s a strong female you male minded moron!!”

Also before movie starts saw the preview for Disney’s new “a wrinkle in time” movie - one of my favorite books as a kid...

...main girl is out of Africa nignog

Fuck I hate this modern day shilling in movies!

...also NO HOT FEMALES AT ALL in this movie!

WHY??!? Why are attractive females now absent from Star Wars??? Before we had hot princesses and senators and those belly dancing worm headed things... but no more, not one peice of eye candy. Is this considered too patriarchal. Does it make ugly women feel self conscious?? I seriously don’t get it!

>Fin defeats his old first order commander who is a blue eyed white guy barely visible thru hole in metallic armor.

Phasma was Brienne of Tarth, m8.

It rhymes with Athleen Ennedy

Who gives a fuck what you did? We are talking about star wars the movie being shit and you being idiot enough to support it financially not about what you and your gf (wow congratulations) had for dinner (wow congratulations). Hopefully she is smart enough to dump your ass for ruining her night with a braindead SW movie for kids.

Thankfully crowds in Australian cinemas seem more subdued than in America