Is it garbage?

Is it garbage?

I wouldn't doubt it.

what's the Sup Forumsnsensus

Among the best of Daredevil actually.

Probably the best thing Bendis has ever written.

Daredevil writer power rankings
1. Miller
2. Bendis
3. Mack
4. Brubaker
5. Nocenti

Bendis can write solo books. Its when you give him team books and events, is where he shits the bed.

And yet, Marvel keeps giving them to him.

is it chock-full of Benis Speak?

so much recommendation, but I can't bear to buy a Bendis book.

I mean it's the best Bendis speak gets. If you enjoy early ultimate spider-man then check it out. It is my favorite Daredevil run but they may be because of Maleev's art.

I thought USM was trash.

I liked his New Avengers. first comic run I'd ever read. probably read a couple thousand issues since then... I don't knew if I'd like it as much now.

Yeah I would check out the first arc at least the entire run is about [Matt having a mental breakdown following Karen's death.]

Bedis was alright when he was on street level shit early on

>Bendis can write solo books
Please, explain to me then why Spider-Man, Infamous Ironman and Invincible Ironman aren't very good? Characterfagging for doom is not an argument here.

I want to be mad that brubaker and nocenti are so low but top 5 is still good
Good list

I just bought the Nocenti run a few weeks back so she may go up. Freaking Romita kills it on the interiors

>Please, explain to me
Not that user, but it's pretty simple: he couldn't do anything above Street Level worth a fuck.

So Alias, Daredevil, and Ultimate Spider-Man are fine; the rest not so much.

Note: I said "COULDN'T" in the past tense; because he's gotten increasingly lazy and these days he can't even be fucked to pay attention to HIS OWN continuity let alone anyone else's and he's taken Decompression to the point of self parody ( also Dat Bendispeak ).

Image is from his run on GotG and, no, that's not a shoop.

I remember seeing this image when that issue came out and people went crazy over the two sons, I also remember them saying that Knowhere, being built inside the severed head of a celestial, was an anchor point connected to all corners of the universe. Would it make sense that you'd be able to spot them on one level, but not on the other?

Its actually pretty good.

you still get all the Bendis trademarks (WORDS WORDS WORDS. Repetition? Repetition. There is Repetition? There is Repetition)

but he didn't go full Bendis until his Avengers run

>Would it make sense that
No, it was set on a planet and completely ignored the who "head floating in space" thing. Which would have been bad enough but it's pretty obviously supposed to be Mos Isley.

>who*
whole

Man, how can one man be so toxic for an entire company.

Bendis and Mcniven really fucking wanted to see their version of Guardians get put onto the big screen, and that's why the book was as generic "blockbuster" Star Warsy as you can get. From the costumes being Mass Effect paneled suits to the villains being Badoon, to J'Son's story, they pretty much based everything off of the film scripts going around. What a bunch of selfish bastards.

Good thing Gunn pissed in their cheerios, between Ego and the actual storyline for Quill.

Gunn pretty much reworte the whole first script when he come aboard, and not long after that was when Marvel Studios got Disney to severe ties with Marvel Comics.

One of those ties was a panel of comics writers who got to look over scripts, Bendis was on that panel. The best move Feige did was taking the power to meddle away from them

>Mcniven
Does he even care?

He got rid of the DnA era costumes because he didn't think double breasted jackets were cool. Also he got rid of the helmet cause he thought it would be too hard for Peter to emote if his face was covered

Not what I was asking about.

And then Bendis pissed on our cheerios by making a shallow version of the movie.

The movie wasn't shallow?

There was way too many spreads that involved a dude just talking a lot, like it's actually baffling how common it was in it.

Infamous is alright thusfar.

I don't think he even lasted more than one issue. So no, probably not.

You've already heard the Sup Forumsnsensus but I want to add my voice to the chorus. At this point in my life I can't see myself buying ANYTHING that Bendis is putting out these days, but before he got lost up his own asshole, and when he had an editor who could reign him in, he did some really solid work for Marvel, and his Daredevil run is easily the best example thereof. It's all solid stuff and well worth the read.

No. It's kind of a bit overrated. But at the same time it's 5000% better than most anything Bendis has written in the last seven years, and I kind of reluctantly say it's better than Smith's run but definitely better than Diggle's run.

Literally my favorite Daredevil run.

Most of Bendis's work is trash, but his Daredevil and Ultimate Spider-Man are A+.

dark avengers