>The third film of the LOTR trilogy came out over 15 years ago

Did you see it in theaters user?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PSRfHizrDoQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I saw all of them in theatres
Saw the two towers three times

Yes, on New Year's Eve.

I never understood the love LOTR gets here. Sure, it's a good blockbuster, but just that. Nothing outstanding and truly remarkable

No but I saw the extended editions in IMAX when they came out. Everyone clapped when Gandalf appeared in two towers :)

Yes, and I cried like a bitch at "You bow to no one."

Yeah it was pretty sweet. Enjoyed torturing my ADHD bro who kept thinking the movie was over at the end.

Larped that movie for months out in the woods afterwards.

I saw all three opening night, still my best cinema experience to this day. I saw Fellowship and Towers three times and ROTK twice. Feels bad but I can't see anything recreating that feeling for me. Maybe because I'm so jaded now

Yes and some asshole brought his baby to in the theater with him and kept crying. I was so fucking pissed

>Nothing outstanding and truly remarkable

fuck (you)

youtube.com/watch?v=PSRfHizrDoQ

Woke up early in the morning and the whole family watched Fellowship and Two Towers before we went out and watched RotK.

I remember buying the OST to this movie soon after.

Yeah. Ride of the Rohirrim is still one of the greatest scenes in cinema I've ever seen.

>the chad crying baby is in high school getting endless pussy while you rant on an anime imageboard
life isn't fair

I wanted to take my friends to watch it for my birthday, and there was this asshole who used to bully me that would pester me for days saying that he wanted to go see Finding Nemo instead. He tried to convince my other friends to join him to force me to go see Fucking Nemo on my own birthday. In the end we saw Return of the King, but looking back I don't understand why did I hang out with such assholes.

actually it was 14 years ago

and yes I did. Saw it 6 times in theatres

Yes and I fingered a pussy for the first time while watching it.

I saw each film 3 times during my 8th 10th and 12th grade Christmas breaks. I miss the early 00's

Even about this, there are contrarians? Fucking hell...

Did you also Come Out user ;)?

Live action Eva has a black bich as asuka????

It came out almost exactly 14 years ago actually.

And yes, I did see it in theaters, with the whole family. We had a tradition, and watched each film around Christmas time in the theatre. It was an amazing experience, though I can't help feeling that I would've been more aware of the brilliance of the experience if I were a bit older than 11 at the time.
Born in 1992, I saw FOTR aged 9, TTT aged 10 and ROTK aged 11. If I were in my teens I probably would've understood a little bit more than I was experiencing cinema history.

Indeed. The beginning of the two towers gave me an instant erection that didnt stop til the end.

>tfw born in 98
Feels bad being a filthy millennial.

>Did you see it in theaters user?

Saw all three in theaters as a kid, best time of my fucking life.

I did. I didn't like it. Too kafkaesque for me.

I did, it was also the only one I saw in theaters

I'd say you're Generation Z even, too young to even count as a millennial.

Saw each one in theaters. Best ciname experience of my life.

Also OP's pic is my favorite movie poster. Viggo looks like a crusader holding a cross.

The first movie I saw in theaters was Small Soldiers. I was 4. I also saw Mulan, Antz, A Bug's Life, and Rush Hour that year. My mom constantly took me to the kinoplex throughout the years. My first "scary" movie I got to see was The Mummy. I also got to watch all the SW prequels, the X-Men trilogy, and the entirety of the LOTR trilogy in theaters. The last movie we saw together was in 2009 and I haven't gone back to the theaters (nor do I desire to) since she passed away.

I got the hobbit, the lotr books and silmarillion for christmas, which should I start with?

Your love for the halfling’s leaf has slowed your mind.

hobbit

The fuck user, I was born in 97 and saw them in theaters.

That would make you 4, 5 and 6 years old respectively. I'm no expert, but you can't have taken much of it in at those ages. Did the films even allow young children in, even accompanied by parents?
Many children that age would've been scarred for years after seeing Shelob, or that scene where Frodo collapses into the swamp full of corpses