What went wrong??

First three episodes were amazing now they're just boring as shit

love interests will kill any show.

That's what you get for wearing a salad to battle you stupid bimbo

You spent too much time watching SU and now you're a cuck I'd guess

It's like an entirely different team made these last 2 episodes. Everything artistic and unique has been replaced by stupid shit.

It's fine

Ha! You wished it was boring.

>>>/tumblr/

The only good thing about this episode is that Sup Forums is now finally stopping the constant Genndy dicksucking and realizing just how much of an overrated meme animator he is

Nothing went wrong, all the episodes are equally amazing, you have shit taste

Too much talking to progress story instead of imagery and action to progress story.

This is s core tenant for this show and they got a bit away from it.

We lost the dark feel of episodes 1,2 and 3 when Ashi teamed up with Jack.

If she'd survived and haunted him throughout the rest of the season keeping him paranoid it'd have been cool.

Maybe killing Ashi before finding his sword, allowing him tranquillity for the vision quest.

Also if he had broke down in tears at the suicide scene AFTER ACTUALLY KILLING THE CHILDREN because he lacked the constitution for honourable suicide, rather than Ashi saving him.

Would also like to see an ending where he goes back in time and kills aku, but it's highlighted how he's just wiped clean the world and friends he's made over the past 50 years.

Would love an ending where a visibly distressed Jack walks home to his mother, who hugs him and says "[Jack's real name]! You came home!" i.e. how he can never go back to his original self and is irreversibly scarred.

TL;DR we lost the broken hero.

First three episodes were great because they were actually about Jack.

mm, idk, i like it, it's a nice change of pace from the older seasons

So you just want Jack to be on the verge of suicide, edge-lord, the entire season then.

They are all about Jack.

Jack shit

And Genndy never wanted him to be stoic but CN wanted to air the episodes out of order. Now that Jack started off on a really emotional low, and he's moving on to an emotional high some people on here are depressed. These same fucks probably hate Berserk's current story arc.

It's been great and fun, no idea why Sup Forums is suddenly turning against it.

Jesus, we finally get a cartoon with fucking EFFORT put into it and you guys STILL hate it.

Why do you guys want constantly and insufferably for Genndy to take a shit on Jack in every fucking episode? Jack is not and shouldn't be Guts. He is a protagonist of a childish action cartoon. He suffered enough. He deserves to be happy. And in SE5 he grew up a bit. Did you actually wanted Jack back or some broken husk of a former human? If you can't take off your SJW spitefull bullshit glasses down, and appreciate this show for it's awesome editing despite it's simple animation style, it's serious yet childish storytelling and actual character development instead of constant brainless autopilot action - go watch some superficial cartoon network filler crap.

The new season may not be 10/10 but it's pretty close to 8/10. And that's ok. Because you know what? (YOU) don't fucking deserve it and it doesn't need your poison. Jack deserves much better audience than you ungrateful soulless dotard manchild crybabies.

You

This. Holy hell I've never seen such a collection of entitled assholes.

I'm not SUPER into them hooking the two up, and there HAS been some pacing issues, but Jesus Christ, do people here like to exaggerate the problems. Sup Forums doesn't deserve to have Jack back.

>Jack is not and shouldn't be Guts.
Holy shit man, this is so on point.

It just feels like the show has lost so much of its vision and momentum behind it, I still enjoy it but it has gone from a 9/10 to a 6/10.

Stuff like Jack using all those different weapons in different ways against different enemies was great, and so were all the long quiet shots of scenery or other dramatic things. It just feels like all the fun ideas (Scaramouche, Jack's different weapons, the 7 sisters) have all been drained away and not really left us with anything interesting to compensate, I mean, stuff like the factory episode, the "Ashi walks around and sees stuff Jack did" episode, that stupid battle scene all just feel like they should have been refined into better ideas and I have a hard time even remembering they exist. As a character, Ashi is alright, but she isn't really bringing anything new to the table other than "Girl Jack".

Like I said, I still enjoy the show, and I hope it picks back up, but I it definitely has some flaws that just feel like people should have known better than to let them get so bad.

>He suffered enough. He deserves to be happy
Yes and that's why he should've finally went to the past after Aku's inevitable defeat and hooked up with his medieval japanese princess like a man who hasn't forgotten his purpose.

Wise words.

They turn against anything, that is why you shouldn't take everything you see serious.

>"protagonist of childish action cartoon"
yea no fuck off, noones being a sjw, its just that the show is shit and made like some cringy semi-nsfw garbage. also somehow by saving people for years and years and years to the point hes recognized by everybody and considering how old he is now, he has definitely not grown used to women throwing themselves at him. its actually like he got younger and more immature. the show has lost all it used to be

>He suffered enough. He deserves to be happy
Right on spot. To be honest though, that romance does not even anger me because I have seen worse. In fact, seeing Jack back to his original self makes me happy.

Disu

>lol look how stupid she is wearing plants
Said the guy lwearing cotton

I get the feeling that people who shit on Samurai Jack now are similar to those Japanese nerds who go full retard the minute the author of a series pairs up their waifu/husbando with another character. It's hilarious but also sad at the same time.

This is like arguing with people that can't "appreciate" nothing but photorealistic art; Jack is a good show not because his internal story/world logic are impeccable but because he is a spiritual treasure and a moral spearhead for audiences drowned in purely consumeristic materialism that is the mainstream animation of today. The message is loud and clear because it's meant for our hearts and our inner child, not our nitpicking analytical mind. It's meant to be a pleasent dream, not a bloddy tax report.

everything went right

He can get his grill, nobody cares about that. But it shiuld have happened off screen.

No it shouldn't, that would've been retarded.

>Female costume gets lewdly torn
I thought you people said Jack was a good show, not cliche sexist garbage.

not just that, but is also completly irrelevant to actual show quality.

Wasn't there some japanese VA who had to apologise to his fans once a pic surfaced of him wearing an engagement ring?

Shut up tumblr

this. holy shit Sup Forums is no fun

>You spent too much time watching SU and now you're a cuck I'd guess
>SUfag not being all over shipping
What?

Nothing went wrong.

I don't feel like any effort was put into Ashi switching sides or the romance.

The fuck is the harem anime bullshit?

Ashi was created for the sole reason of being a waifu and shipper-bait, I should've seen it coming since she complimented Jack's shaved face, I really hope the final two episodes are better than this filler junk.

Stay salty faggot

>Strawmanning every complaint as if they're just bitching about superfluous shit like ships or edgyness
The character development is bad. You have Jack not killing Ashi even though he killed every other daughter of aku, pure plot convenience given the fact that he literally just dropped her to her death without care. You had Ashi going from "kill samurai jack" at every opportunity to being completely reformed in the span of two episodes. The pacing is awful, everything is rushed, whether or not it's the 10 episode limit's fault is completely irrelevant.

>instead of constant brainless autopilot action
So you never watched Samurai Jack

Joke's on you I am wrapped in plastic foil.

Have you even watched the episodes? Jack doesn't kill Ashi because he already felt kinda bad about killing teenagers and then he learns they were just lied to, he also feels very lonely.
It's also clearly shown that during her training, Ashi was curious about the outside world (the deers, her looking outside, trying to help her sister...), and Jack saved her life multiple times when she decided not to kill him. Even after that she was still skeptical. I don't see how it was "rushed", if it was any slower the whole season would be about Ashi's reformation. You're grasping at straws.

Agreed, this board is just being Sup Forumsntrarian just like everything on Sup Forums. If it's not some obscure weeb content is shit.

>SAMURAI JACK WAS THE BEST ACTION CARTOON EVER
>it comes back
>"Uhh, the action kind of sucks"
>Y-Y-you just never watched it before it was always like that

>he doesn't know about SJ hate after episode 3

>Have you even watched the episodes? Jack doesn't kill Ashi because he already felt kinda bad about killing teenagers and then he learns they were just lied to, he also feels very lonely.
Did you watch it? He relieved the guilt he felt from killing the first sister with the flashback of the emperor killing other humans. Jack didn't even know Ashi was the special one who wanted to explore the outside world, it's just plot convenience that she was the last one left and didn't die.

>and Jack saved her life multiple times when she decided not to kill him
She attacked Jack any chance she got inside that monster, even while Jack was fighting the bug creatures to protect her, like I said earlier, there is nothing more special about Ashi than the other sisters in Jack's perspective. She even raised her weapon to kill him after they finally got out (although I don't have a problem with this scene at the end of episode 4, just the fact that she makes a complete reform not even fucking halfway into episode 5)

>I don't see how it was "rushed", if it was any slower the whole season would be about Ashi's reformation. You're grasping at straws.
She stopped attacking Jack at the very end of episode 4. 12 minutes into episode 5 and she's already on Jack's side completely, it takes even less time because that includes the scene with the scotsman and aku.

This is obviously a pacing problem. But I doubt it couldn't be repaired with a few more episodes, making it hard to blame on Genndy or anyone in the development crew since this is a production flaw.

Samurai Jack was never great for its story. The story was always a pile of generic cliches and the show was always style over substance. You need to set aside your nostalgia, and not watch it for the pretty scenes or give a shit about the plot.

>making it hard to blame on Genndy or anyone in the development crew since this is a production flaw.
I'm not one of the anons shitposting that "Genndy is a hack."

>TL;DR we lost the broken hero.
That was always gonna happen, man. You could tell just by the redesign; characters don't grow a depression beard unless they're gonna shave it off at some point in the story.

*and JUST watch it for the pretty scenes

>le salty ad-hominem meme
You were so butthurt that you couldn't come up with any counter-argument and chose to use the salty meme, now who's the salty one here?

>Did you watch it? He relieved the guilt he felt from killing the first sister with the flashback of the emperor killing other humans. Jack didn't even know Ashi was the special one who wanted to explore the outside world, it's just plot convenience that she was the last one left and didn't die.
How does that invalidate anything I said? Every story have some plot conveniences or coincidences. Jack had reasons not to kill her, he didn't, and it turned out she was "special". Big deal.

>there is nothing more special about Ashi than the other sisters in Jack's perspective
It doesn't matter, Jack was lonely and broken and he saw a misguided girl so he saved her to have someone to talk to. He could've killed her like the others and was even thinking about it, but he felt it was the wrong thing to do.

>She stopped attacking Jack at the very end of episode 4. 12 minutes into episode 5 and she's already on Jack's side completely, it takes even less time because that includes the scene with the scotsman and aku.
You see sign of her doubting Aku since the very beginning, and Jack saves her and talk to her during episode 4. Seeing Jack not kill a bug or something was the last straw that really made her think™, then Jack just showed her that she was wrong, and she could do nothing but see the truth.

I'm just saying that in a perfect world the crew would be able to deliver the story they envisioned. Hell, on a perfect world it would have ended 13 years ago.

I'm just happy Jack is getting closure soon. Doesn't matter if it's good or bad, he deserves an ending, even 13 years later.

NO Love interests don't kill ANY show. Is just you and most of people on Sup Forums are eternal virgins so any fictional character geting laid will automtically trigger you to no end.

Fpbp
You have to understand that after episode 3 it started to just unchain and be about Jack wins a girl.
Didn't help how filler like the episodes have been as well.
Bascily of Jack killed all the sisters and continued his journey for the sword we likely would have had a more fleshed out Aku Scotsman and Jack narrative. As it stands everything is going to be rushed right up to the end.

Reminder that the first 3 episodes everyone praises so much at the least like the original show of all the ones aired so far. I honestly feel like Genddy was like "aw yeah gonna make it more mature because AS" then he realized he didn't like that and shifted everything to be more like the old show.

You shouldn't excuse shitty writing because it's "happy"

this.

>"Something is poking me."

>How does that invalidate anything I said?
You said he felt bad about killing them, when he shows no remorse outside of killing the first sister. He already came to his conclusion that he was not doing wrong.

>Jack had reasons not to kill her
No he didn't, he literally tries to kill her at the end of episode 3 by dropping her off of a ledge where presumably the other sisters died. There is no reason as to why he didn't finish her off as soon as she started attacking him when they went inside the monster.

What? The later episodes of season 5 are much less like the original series. They're full of dialogue and don't progress the story through action. Not to mention that Ashi steals screentime from Jack and Aku.

This. It's borderline fanfiction tier at this point.

I wouldn't necessarily say kill any show coz if done right can seem genuine it's that,
>enemies yesterday, lovers today
I can understand Genndy wanting to make a sappy ending and give Jack what he want yet the relationship between Ashi and Jack came out way too fast,
>episode six "I'm going to kill you!"
>episode seven "I see you for who you really are!"
>episode eight "I love you!"
Yeah, Ashi has been "special" from her sisters since from birth and all, I used episode six coz that was really the turning point when she saw Jack didn't kill the ladybug.

I don't want Genndy to take a shit on Jack. I just don't buy him getting over all of his demons as was presented. Jack's main dilemmas in Episode 1 were

>Aku destroyed all of the time portals.
>I lost the magic sword and can't beat him if he comes after me.
>I feel as though I've failed my family by not saving them from Aku.
>Am I even doing any good here in the future? I've been here for 50 years.

Of those, it feels like only the last one is addressed. There was no moment where Jack just resolves to himself that he will stay in the future and that he laments not being able to help his people, but what's past is past. He just suddenly fights off the Honda guy and then goes back to doing his old Samurai thing without explanation.

And, I mean, the show is called Samurai Jack so obviously he was going to. I just wish there was more closure to what was set up as a multi-episode character arc.

Also, and this is a minor gripe, Episode 8 should have happened before Episode 7. There was no need for him to even have the magic sword in the latest episode since it didn't do anything the katana he had against Honda couldn't have.

Nigga it's SJ not fucking Apocalypse Now.

People are criticizing the later half of this season because of how fucking amazing the first 3 (or 4) chapters were.
But the truth is, the current chapters are much closer in tone and quality to the original series than they want to admit. The first half of this season was the real outliner, not the recent chapters.
i rewatched the entire series before s05 premiere. It was a 7-8 out of 10. Cool, but clearly flawed.

This

I'll admit the pacing is off, and so far it's been the only really valid complaint, Genndy should have gone with longer episodes, something along an hour or so, although with the expenses of animation, that might not have been feasible.

Just about everything else has either been shitposting or straight up bitching

To be fair, it was more like

>Episodes 1 - 4: "I'm going to kill you!"
>End of Episode 4 - Episode 7: "I see you for who you really are!"
>Episode 8: "I love you!"

I think the main problem with that is that Episodes 1 - 3 were what were primarily used to advertise the new Season. I guess some people feel bait-and-switched a bit?

People hyped themselves so much that they forgot that SJ is not a masterpiece and always had the issues we are seeing now.

>all about Jack
>all
>episodes begin to give focus on Ashi and her quest for the Samurai
May as well give Ashi her own spin-off at this point.

>Always had the issues we are seeing now
So, just because it's SJ, the writers can't see the issues themselves and try to fix them? It's just always going to be flawed?

Jack had like 5 minutes of screentime in episode 6

>when he shows no remorse outside of killing the first sister

Wrong. He argues with Ghost Jack inside the monster about killing the other sisters.

>There is no reason as to why he didn't finish her off

He just chose not to kill her, we don't need a reason. You know, killing is bad and all that stuff, if he can spare her, then why not?

>People are using the "only 10 episodes!!" excuse to defend the shit pacing
This excuse might've worked if there weren't literal filler episodes you could remove without affecting the season at all.

Yes, because people are people and make mistakes. New ones would have just appeared. Also it's mostly about how annoying it is to see people shit on the new season for issues that where in the original while praising the original to high heaven as if it did not have those flaws.

>Now that Jack started off on a really emotional low, and he's moving on to an emotional high some people on here are depressed
Nothing wrong with Jack moving on to the emotional high, it's that Genndy, as any creator would've opted for went with the "Love is all you need" type of emotional high: win the girl, rebuild the lost future that could've been together, tell your children as they are sitting by the fire.

Some prolly expected Jack's emotional high to circumvent around more of a spiritual, self-discovery, Übermunsch's journey to reclaim what he desire.

The guilt was not completely relieved. Remember the crows calling him a murderer?

I think it's the reprobate faggots who get mad at straight relationships.

But this is the VERY LAST season. The ending. The fucking conclusion.
Why would you allow issues so glaring like awful pacing, after 13 years?
I could understand that maybe it wasn't Genndy's fault that it was only ten episodes but that doesn't excuse shitty writing either.

It's pretty cliche overrall. You know, chosen one, magic sword, lawful good hero becomes chaotic good hero then reverts back to lawful good, fighting against the manifestation of all evil. The only thing missing was a love interest, and it's a pretty good one as well.

(you)

Quit pontificating Genndy's ego.

New and final season of Samurai Jack is as flawed as any other cartoon.

Just because the show was revived from the dead doesn't mean any effort was put into it Genndy had a better idea and control of how he wanted it to end since ge had the idea in his mind for years.

And it still turned out decent.

Are you going to say the same about the Hey Arnold and Invader Zim movies too? "EFFORT they put some much EFFORT into it!"

This.

I'm not too much of a fanboy to admit that the season could've used another 2-5 episodes. But once you get past that, the show is pretty damn great.

Nah definetely virgins. You can tell by all the repressed anger, closeted gays are usually depressed and more accepting.

And what episodes would that be?

>the season could've used another 2-5 episodes
This. I am in a weird spot with the new episode, I thought it was funny, really entertaining and I enjoyed watching it but with three episodes left I felt it was a waste at the same time.

This, this so much

Agreed. But it'll all work out in the end, user, the finale will be good, no matter the outcome. I believe in it.

>Muh filler
This season always had a very clear storyline:
>Jack is depressed and almost killed
>Jack convert ashi to his side and kicks off his depression
>Jack goes for aku.
What you wanted? 4 episodes of jack and the scottsman being omnious tracing an attack plan we only going to see during the last battle? If we took the depression stuff out of the series it could as well be over in 2 episodes.
Just because the series didnt took the direction you wanted, it dont make it filler.

Also, people are seriously overstating the pacing issues. They're noticable but hardly bad enough to ruin the show.