/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Billboard Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out this Week:
The Classic Newspaper Comics Vol. 1 (May 9th)
Screaming Citadel #1 (May 10th)

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi trailer
youtu.be/zB4I68XVPzQ

>Star Wars: Rebels - The Final Season
youtu.be/-b7GAhnVwhA

>Battlefront 2 trailer:
youtu.be/Kae-JjbLsgA

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/r4fKyL4nHSk
youtube.com/watch?v=NkLMSpDJH1A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

please tell me this didn't actually happen

Anons are working on making it happen. Look back a thread or two.

Nth for smug Twi'lek boiz

FINALLY I CAN SHARE THIS

youtu.be/r4fKyL4nHSk

>boiz

>tfw literally no twi'lek twink smut or even cheesecake

I don't get it

At this point I'm just gonna break down and start writing smutty fanfic about a rebel fighter squadron full of tomboys and twinks.

Can one of them be a trandoshan?

Sauce?

Hi, friends. I don't know if you remember me, but I'm the user from a few weeks ago who had a pipe dream of making his own printed collection of all the Insider and otherwise uncollected short stories. After finally getting my hands on Blade Squadron: Jakku today, I finally have the whole thing transcribed and organized. I just need to decide some stylistic things and typeset it, then I'll be good to go. I'd love some input though:

>What order should the short stories be in?
Strictly chronological won't work, because I want all 4 Blade Squadrons together. Release order is out for the same reason.

Also, I'm including the 3 stories from Rise of the Empire, because I didn't buy it to avoid double dipping. Putting them together obviously makes sense, but that might make the pacing of the book a little wonky, since they're so much longer than the rest (other than The Perfect Weapon).

Any ideas on order?

>Style
Currently the title page for each story looks approximately like pic related, including the author, original publication and date, and info about any tie-in books. I'm not including the artists because I'm not including art (though I may list the artists on their own page at the back of the volume just to be nice?).

Anything else I should include?

>What should I title it?
Star Wars: The Short Stories - Volume 1 isn't very sexy, but it's appropriate.
Star Wars: Tales feels the same, and it's also a previously used title that I could see popping up again.

Surely someone can top that?

>What should be on the cover?
This is what's plaguing me the most as far as final design goes. Is there any really cool art out there that might fit a book that spans from TCW to TFA?

---

If you've got any other comments, questions, or suggestions about the book let me know.

Because Bib gave them a bad wrap.

The Lost Stars Manga, there's a rip out there but I'm damned if I know where to find it
Doesn't look to have been translated either

hmmm, might make all the cute Twi'leks too nervous. Maybe a rival/bounty hunter?
Yeah, it got storytimed on Sup Forums. No translation yet. Not even sure if it's officially released.

I want go on an adventure with captain

>might make all the cute Twi'leks too nervous
Or maybe just nervous enough!

So how long until they fuck?

I still can't believe that was a trap. Is is the red hair and green eyes combination that threw me off?

Until?

You never do realize the best traps until your balls deep in them.
He'd only using Mizel when Sabine won't let him have any. So all the time really.

That's the most obvious trap color user. That's like saying you didn't know that frog was poisonous when it had more stripes than a meth addicted tiger.

In all seriousness it's amazing how Mizel had more chemistry with Ezra than Sabine ever did.

What's going on here?

He has chemistry with Sabine. But it's more family chemistry. He has I wanna fuck you chemistry with Mizel but there's also hero worship, which throws a damper on it for me.

Which is why it works. There's back and forth. Mizel worships Ezra, until Ezra makes a mistake and he realizes Ezra is only human and teases him in a really appealing way.

The big problem with Rebels is Ezra doesn't have someone he can interact with as an equal. They try to cram zeb into that role but it doesn't work since the guy is like triple his age. Sabine spent Ezras whole development being cool and unattainable like she was his dreamgirl so it just emphasized the difference between them.

There's never a series regular Ezra can do that with because anyone who's also in their teens is a one off. Zaire Leonis was cool but they immediately forgot about him once that season ended and he was barely in it. Iron Squadron amounted to nothing. Leia obviously couldn't be around forever.

One of the big reasons the OT cast WORKED is because nobody ever tried pulling rank on anyone else and they all had good chemistry because they were more or less equal. Han was a bit older but Luke was always able to call him on his shit.

>this gets ignored in favor of memes and waifu fagging

That does look like a Ple clone.

He's kind of there with Sabine now, but they've both got their own things going on which are radically different from each other's problems. Post season 4 I kind of want to see them split up for at least a bit and have Ezra thrown into a leader position like Kanan and Hera. He's done it a bit already but he's always had them to fall back on.

Well it's not like I can help him. I don't have anytgijng he's looking for.

Kid needs to ditch that stupid haircut first. He looks like he's about to be molested by a knight.

He just needs to grow out the sides a bit more and show a bit more skin.

he is.

I'd say it's a similar problem to what Arrow had with Kate Cassidy and Laurel Lance. Yes, this character has been around for a bunch of time and their whole thing is grandfathered in, but it's so off course and so weirdly done you're better off just breaking it off and introducing a whole new character.

If the Ezra/Sabine relationship had any shot, it would have been during season 3 when he came into his own. Now they've both been on that level so long it'd come out of nowhere.

Ezra's hypothetical new love interest doesn't even need to be that different. Just make her a random other rebel soldier who also fights with ranged weapons and has a hobby. It really doesn't matter. You just need to swap out all that emotional baggage.

Hey /swco/, how about a little bit of JEDI ROCK ?

youtube.com/watch?v=NkLMSpDJH1A

Actually from what they showed at one of the recent cons when Ezra meets Sabine's dad he says he's with Sabine and takes a pause to say "not with her with her". So maybe they're gonna set it up in season 4 that Kanan and Hera finally seal the deal and move Ezra and Sabine into the same kind of relationship those two had. I kinda see Ezra as the Hera and Sabine as the Kanan though.

Me too

I want Squadfics enough that I'll take it. Get writing user I might help

Does star wars have repulsors but in the form of a blaster? Just like a kinetic force weapon with no projectile.

>it's jedi sponsoring terrorists episode
How did they get away with this?

That's awesome, will you be making ePubs as well?

Muh historical basis

Becayse suicide bombing droids has basis in morality, it's just petty vandalism at that point.

>it's siths sponsoring terrorists episode
Clone Wars was dark as fuck.

Inner rim is best rim

Amazing user

>A-Wing that launches smaller A-Wings

Yeah, I can probably make an epub. Although the non-Insider stories are already available in epub, but no reason I shouldn't be able to make it. I'll keep things updated.

Meh, that's what I get for posting it at 2 in the morning. I'll try again in the afternoon maybe.

>it's the ruler of an independent planet tolerates terrorists episode
>it's clones execute their own jedi general episode
>it's separatists use political assassination to further their goals episodes
>it's padme realizes she doesn't know anything about people she politically represents episode
>it's a clone soldier betrays his brothers because the republic considers him expendable episode
>it's the jedi mindraping a prisoner for information episode
>it's anakin force choking the prisoners episode

>When your laser shots are faster than the average laser shot so you hit the target faster

Anyone else kinda miss George? He seemed more okay with this stuff. Also bare alien flesh.

I don't know. What about Rogue One?

Rebels is a bit defanged and streamlined compared to TCW, but SW as a whole isn't getting sanitized and smoothed out compared to how it was in the Lucas years.

Something like TFA would never have happened under Jorge's reign

Yeah, I was really just comparing the cartoons rather than the movies. I do quite like what they did with RO, making a side film more to appeal to older/EU kind of fans.

Has George actually said what he thinks of any of the new SW media? I guess he probably doesn't want to rock the boat too much though.

Cute kids

He called TFA a "retro movie for the fans" and it's obvious that he doesn't have much respect for it. But he did like Rogue One.

There's been some tension between him and LFL around the time TFA hubbub was in full force (the notorious Charlie Rose interview), but it seems like things have calmed down since, with his appearance at the Celebration and everything. It probably helps that LFL itself has been distancing itself from TFA too.

He gave TFA a super backhanded complement. Said something along the lines of "it's exactly the kind of movie the fans want."

>"So, you know what comes next..."

What did she mean by this?

>Teens like it STICC.jpg

Perfect.

Incredible work user

There's nothing wrong with memes and waifu fagging

y does bariss have boobs sacs on her outfit

Because there's no underwear in space, so outerwear needs to provide the support.

What's the difference?

in one interview he said he sold his child to white slavers and TFA a retro movie that the fans want but he wouldn't do because he always wants new things in his films

but apparently he liked R1, haven't seen the interview but I'm gonna believe that

based George has good taste in Star Wars

>celebrating 40 years of Star Wars panel
>they have OT cast, PT cast, on stage or video messages, Filoni
>not a single thing related to the sequels

what did they mean by this

>It's a vietnam episode
>its a Clones accidentally kill each other episode
>It's a Clones lined up to be executed by firing squad episode
>it's a Clones carpet bomb actual human enemies episode

That was the good shit.

>It's an Umbara level on Battlefront 2
>Alt + tab to play It ain't me during the game

I can't wait

Is it worth translating the Lost Stars manga myself or do you think one of 'em reader sites or translation groups will have it up relatively quickly? I'd imagine I could probably get a decent one all done by today's evening.

If I do that, would you all be so kind as to rip the issues as they come, or at least just make a ruckus when Sup Forums storytimes it or whenever?

Or maybe it's getting an actual translation, and I needn't bother?

>It's a Ki Adi Mundi enjoys the smell of burning geonosians in the morinig episode

No word on an official translation.

If someone doesn't get on it after a little while, by all means take charge, im sure people will appreciate it.

>It's a Saw episode
>"The horror ... the horror ..."

It was a celebration of Lucas' work on the franchise rather than of SW's existence as a whole. The ST and the anthologies aren't Lucas' work. Filoni was there as his close collaborator and showrunner of TCW. Why should they wheel out Boyega and Jones to exchange niceties with Lucas if he had nothing to do with the movies they starred in? Or should they have invited Zahn and Casey Hudson on the stage as well?

>Original Trilogy Villains: A dominating Galactic Empire ruled by a masked sorcerer and his black robed master.
>Things people where scared of in the late 70's early 80's: Corrupt US government (Vietnam, Watergate), Soviet Union in Afghanistan and Iran, a country controlled by a black robed figure espousing an ancient religion.

>Prequel Trilogy Villains: A secretive back roomed politician staging false flag events and starting wars to curtail civil liberties and consolidate power.
>Things people where scared of in the late 90's, early 2000's: Shadowy back roomed politicians curtailing civil liberties and starting wars to consolidate power.

>Sequel Trilogy Villains: A fundamentalist remnant of an imperialistic culture long thought dead, lead by a zealous young man who wears black robes, massacres innocent villagers and was born in the pluralistic culture he now wishes to destroy.
>Things people where scared of in the 2010's: ISIS/ISIL, School shooters, (Home grown terrorists).

>invited Zahn onstage as well

They should have. Without his success star wars may have fizzled out and never been reborn.

very nice user, spot on.

actually the prequels were drafted around the time of the vietnam war, and that had a lot of influence in the story as you described. lucas admits this in an interview somewhere. it just happens to also describe the period of the iraq war well, too.

>Vader is a Samurai
>Emperor is an old Wizard
>Snoke is a Shogun
>his guards are Praetorians
>Kylo is a Knight

WHY IS THE THEMING ALL OVER THE FUCKING PLACE WITH THE VILLAINS

FUCK

BOR GULLA

Because Star Wars is a setting that's all over the place.

>his guards are Praetorians

According to the leaks, they're fucking ninjas, m8

they're called praetorians and wear armor but have the ninja weapons

Are they ?
I like how every elite guards in fictionnal universes are called praetorians , but with nothing to do with the real roman senate praetors

So, what's the point?

retconing JJshit

Kylo Ren's TIE (?)

Reactions ?

Either redemption confirmed or someone fucked up on the base

Anybody know if the two Rogue One young adult novels have audiobook versions?

nice ship, but whats the fucking point of the cannons in the middle

I'm partly upset because its so boring looking. But on the other hand, bacta can work wonders, just look at Depa.

And Rian was right to get rid of the scar, because he was right, JJ made it look fucking ridiculous, waving across his nose like that.

Based Rian

more dakka.

Edgy.
Fitting, tho.

He looks more heroically now.

Why is /swco/ and SW itself so comfy? Even on bad days. Other generals and franchises are like a minefield, I.E Marvel

Star Wars is such an open book and "canon" such an ethereal thing everyone gets their own personal vision of what star wars is.

It's hard to have too big a fight about it.

Except for people who can't let go of the Legends stuff.

I'm not sure about bad days, these threads can get pretty frustrating when shitposters are stirring up arguments with the same old bait.

But things can be pretty comfy when everyone is chilled out

I gently invite you to /swg/ too, on /tg/.

Just don't forget to introduce yourself with DARK GREETINGS