How stupid was George?

How stupid was George?

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Training_lightsaber
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

3 stupids

>just hand lightsabers out to toddlers and let them go at it

>Thinking they're full-powered lightsabers and they could do anything more than singe the skin

>wookiepedia is this retarded

Still looks better choreographed than the Reylo fight scene with people fighting nothing.

Wow, do you have evidence for this claim or are you just rationalizing it afterwards?

I don't get this meme

was it ever believably explained how the fuck do these things actually work?

survival of the fittest, there are far more orphans than the jedi need. further proof anakin is the chosen one

miniature lightsabers are pretty dumb since Jedi are supposed to build their own when their ready. Did those kids build those or are they just for practice?

No because Star Wars isn't hard sci-fi

Crystals

Are you people seriously this fucking stupid?
They're TINY LIGHTSABERS.
OBVIOUSLY NOT REAL ONES, only used for training

Training lightsabers

Luke, did I ever tell you about training lightasbers? Commonly thought to be low powered lightsabers, training lightsabers, also known as training sabers[6] and practice sabers, were actual lightsabers that possessed a highly intensified electromagnetic containment field which was far more difficult to penetrate than that of a standard lightsaber. Thus the energy which formed the blade was better contained and able to do far less damage, and would result in welts, bruises, and minor burns instead of amputation or death. This feature could be readjusted by a fully trained Jedi to enable a Knight or Master to utilize a trainee's weapon in emergencies. These types of lightsabers were commonly used by Jedi Initiates and younglings.

Using the training weapons, younglings learned the basics of wielding a lightsaber. Like a regular lightsaber set to low power, they could not sever limbs or pierce flesh. Skin contact was painful, producing burns which could cause serious welts and bruises.

Shut the fuck up. These movies are garbage and the fans are human garbage.

ok, crystals power it, how does it form a solid object out of plasma?

Daily reminder all of those kids were kidnapped by the jedi or purchased from slavers
Daily reminder the Jedi allowed their families to continue to suffer or be enslaved despite having near unlimited resources
Daily reminder they were not old enough to realize they were never going to be allowed to have children or ever know love
Daily reminder all of them were brutally murdered for no reason

They were used by a good friends.

>never going to be allowed to have children or ever know love
Anakin didn't seem to give a fuck

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Training_lightsaber

Here you go you fucktard. Actual fucking canon and not legends.

From being a fucking hollywood make believe movie.. thats probably how they work

>Actual fucking canon
uhh...user, I...

>he actually threw in a “[6]”
Oh god, I’m gonna piss myself.

Prequels BTFO once again by the Reddit Letter Media army. We're here, and we LOVE TLJ and TFA, sweeties.

Jedi recruited mostly in the inner rim, slavery was happening in the outer rim, beyond the reach of the republic. thats why anakin was discovered so late.
and if they bought their families as well, you'd ask why are the families of force sensitives more important than other people. why won't they buy them out as well? wouldn't it also be unfair? in you opinion Jedi should buy out every fucking slave in the galaxy?
because even that wouldn't end slavery, on the contrary, slavers would only get richer and more powerful.

Well, he gave someone a fuck.

wtf is that nigga on the right doing

>canon
Kek

>Catholic priests come to your house
>>"we sensed some strong holy spirit coming from this region, can we see your children?"
>introduce them to your teenage son
>>"hmm, this one is too o- I mean not the one we're looking for"
>introduce them to your 4 year old
>>"Aw yes, the um- holyclorians are incredibly high in this one, I think we'll take him and train him to become a priest like us"
>>"Alright, see you, you won't be allowed to contact us for 14 years btw"

>star wars
>dude thats not how real lightsabers work
>real lightsabers
dont you have some kino to watch

>canon

Show, don't tell.
Audiences shouldn't have to read wookipedia articles to know this shit.

>stupid
He was a marketing genius AND an artistic visionary. Sometimes, both at the same time. At points like that, he seems stupid, but you're still discussing Episode II something like 15 years after it came out.

Not sure if you quoted the post you wanted, I never said anything about real or unreal sabers, I just never understood a concept of a stick of hot light that can cut through blast doors but doesn't just explode in every direction or even discomforts the person whose hand is literally inch away from its armor-melting heat

>Catholic priests show me magic and their laser swords before they go
>What they're able to do lines up with the weird shit my son has been doing lately
>at any point in time I can go to coruscant and watch firsthand as these Catholic priests do magic in their training

it's a little different

Its easy to be an artistic visionary when you have a team of set designers and graphic artists to make anything you think of appear on screen. Lucas put almost no thought or effort into his writing and directing of the prequels and only manages to realize what a shit show he made after he takes a step back and watches the whole thing.

What is he doing to that handlebar?

They improvised some kind of training in an unknown ship for demonstration and now it’s standard in the past.

>those kids now are adults

Yeah dude, because that's exactly how modern day Buddhists are like today. Many of the children are brought to these temples because many parents can provide a life for them. Buddhist temples are like orphanages but with rigorous training in Buddhism and Martial Arts and I'm guessing the Jedi temple is exactly the fucking same.

And according to lore, they take just about everyone. Not everyone becomes Jedi Knights or fullfledged Jedis though, and simply end up as practitioners of the force similar to Buddhist temples. Many people can leave the order at a certain point in their life, Just like Ahsoka. Many decide to stay because being brought up in a certain environment from infancy can influence a person's decision into adulthood.

when I saw the original star wars in 77' I assumed the ball and helmet were standard out dated training tech that Obiwan had with him. I mean if he carried "your fathers light sabre" why wouldnt he also have shit to train jedi?

Practicing for daddy

I watch Plinkett, too. Anyway the fact of the matter is that your inability to appreciate Lucas' achievements as a filmmaker is your problem, not mine.

Basic logic would tell you they aren't standard lightsabers.

>acts like an asshole since ever, kills sandpeople (including the children), betray the jedi, kills more children, destroys a planet using a super weapon

>"oh, now that i've killed the emperor i'm redeemed. i'm gonna become one with the force lol"

why is george lucas such a hack?

force ghost redemption was a done deal before prequels existed?

Proving his acceptance and submission to BLACKED.com

>Canon

Make sure they can't see anything.

If you just coughed loud enough while one of them was super concentrating,that little shit would turn into a running death twirl starting off a chain reaction.

with the force they are able or nearly able to block high speed laser beams I think their force will let them know someone is next to them

Basic logic in a movie about magic swordmen.

Why didn't qui gon jin turn into a force ghost, where are the other ghost jedi

>grasping at straws
Your movie sucks. Get over it.

Luke, did I ever tell you that the ad hoc exercise I created with equipment on the Millennium Falcon was exactly what the younglings used to train with back in the jedi academy?

The person being crucified to Jesus' left spent his whole life as a murderer and a thief, but because he truly felt remorse/sorry for all his sins, repented, and believed that Christ was going to redeem him, he was accepted into heaven.

Well the one on the far left does look like he's ready to fuck shit up

>you can be a murderous thieving piece of shit your whole life, but if you say you're really sorry on your deathbed, you still go to paradise

what's the fucking point of people being pious and kindhearted and turning the other cheek and suffering like motherfuckers all their lives if this is true?

So afterwards...

And yet people here hate on Luke in TLJ for saying it's time for the Jedi to end.

you have to mean it

Smarter than you apparently. You couldn't point out a single thing wrong with that scene besides, "I don't like it"

never know when you're gonna go

>just hand lightsabers out to toddlers and let them go at it
>implying that's what is happening
You have to be a brainlet to believe this. No wonder the new films suck. You retards can't think for yourselves. These kids have already been undergoing training. Yoda can sense everything in the room. All the kids are force sensitive.

Why didn't the younglings just hyperspace ram anakin?

Jedi did not kidnap kids. You're thinking about Halo.
Jedi didn't have influence over the outer rim. The jedi were guardians over thousands of systems. Sorry they didn't get around to your neck of the woods but it's just an impossible expectation.
Not all kids ended up passing the trials so not all of them ended up Jedi. They could quit whenever they wanted.
Yes they were murdered by SITH.

>[6]

They are training lightsabers you retard, they can only stun.

>Jedi did not kidnap kids

Explain Anakin then

My problem is how tiny the room is. It's such a terrible choice. Look at Dojos with martial arts training, everyone is spread out further than that image. Very idiotic. Even IF they are weak or fake sabers the room they train in should still be bigger than this.

>autistic nitpicking

LMFAO that green lightsaber goes literally through the other kid's head

anakin killed them dummy

Basic logic dictates that Obi-wan used a helmet with a blast shield and a targeting device that Han Solo owned to train Luke, as opposed to carrying official kid's jedi training equipment around for no reason.

>show don't tell
The problem is they did you show you but you're honestly too dumb to put 2 and 2 together. There's plenty of explanations that would work just fine but you never cared to give them any thought because you don't like the prequels and are reaching for anything to criticize them for. You're basically ask that the movie tell you that the kids are going to be ok and that they aren't in any real danger. The Jedi had been training people for over 1000 years at this point, what makes you think they don't have the training down to a t? The new star wars is probably more your speed m8.

Welcome to the Star Wars fanbase.

It's a cute scene. Cure yourself from autism ASAP.

>rian johsun

I assumed immediately as a fucking 7 year old that they must have been some special kids sabres.

>lucas is shit
>he deserves no credit
Has to be blatant denial to look on the PT, with all of it's flaws, look at something like pic related and be able to go, "yeah there's nothing special about lucas, he's a total hack". No other person could have put that together and everything that has come after that matches it is derivative. At least from a cinematic standpoint you should be able to appreciate his genius but you can't even do that because you're biased and full of shit.

His mother agreed to let the Order take him when he expressed a desire to become a Jedi. It's almost like you didn't watch The Phantom Menace

Why the fuck are 5 year olds being trained to hack people to death?

>Wars not make one great!

>net worth: 5.5 billion

not as smart as you, surely

Is Yoda actually using one of those?

Did you watch episode 1 or are you really honestly that fucking dumb? It's right there in the movie. No kidnapping took place. How do you post this arrogantly sure of yourself when you're so fucking goddam wrong. When was the last time you actually watched the PT?

>Young warrior monks training with the weapon they are going to use
>This is somehow stupid

I take this is also how much of a moron you have to be to believe that Rey learned to fly the Falcon as well as Han or Lando in a fucking simulator

You cannot repent out of fear. Your remorse must be honest.
According to Catholic teachings, sinning because you know you'll confess later and it'll be forgiven anyways, automatically invalidates the confession.

Kill me.

>Trivializes the act of being trained by Yoda.
>Makes Jedi institution seem like a public school.
>Peace-loving, life-affirming Jedi Training children to kill.
>Shitty, transparent attempt by Lucas to make it easier for children to self-insert, even though children don't like to self-insert as other children.
>Children acting.

>TFW I watched these movies when I was like 7-13 and I understood it better than a Gen Xer who would have been in their 20s

Gen X is pretty fucking dumb aren't they? Like it blows my mind sometimes. Was it all the drugs?

>Padawans accidentally slaughter each other because they can't see where everyone else is standing

Turns out you were the fucking retard
Exhaust fumes, go inhale them

Training lightsabers were good friends to the Jedi.

lmao TFA's fight choreography was literally its one redeeming feature

>learn to pilot an old heavily modified, civilian freighter from playing with military simulator
>alternatively say that she's scavenger so she knows shit
This angers me to no end. Cherry on the top is that they didn't even bother to show her using one. I'd rather have Rey as ultimate bullshit chosen one who can conjure skills out of thin air than her Mary Sue self who does the same thing only without even flimsiest excuse

>lightsaber training at a public school

>trivializes the act of being trained by Yoda
Only in your mind, my young padawan. Yoda can train an entire room of children , keep them focused, and have them learn something. He can adapt between being a warrior monk, head of the Jedi, dealing with war and politics, and can adapt to a room of children and know how to handle them.

so children can self-insert
As a child watching those movies I didn't look at the kids and go...OH THAT'S ME! I thought hmm that's neat that they show a bit about how the jedi started training from an early age. It's also neat to see that these kids aren't your average kids by any means and that they exhibit far more self control than Anakin futher supporting the idea that Anakin was too unstable.

>Peace-loving, life-affirming Jedi Training children to kill.
The children are being taught how to deflect blaster bolts. It's for defense.

They are standing too fucking close and swinging those swords wildly

>Sperg spergs out over unanswered questions he has in an unnecessarily belligerent tone that makes him look extremely insecure, only to be linked to an in-depth answer occurring so early in the thread he had no excuse not to read it.

How does it feel to be 'that guy'?

This. What kind of cucked outlook do these people have.

>don't train your children to fight or use firearms because that automatically means you are training them to be murders.

It's called self defense.