How do we save Spider-Gwen? Her comic sales are in the tank and swirling and no one seems to care anymore

How do we save Spider-Gwen? Her comic sales are in the tank and swirling and no one seems to care anymore.

Was she just a fad? Did Marvel push her to hard, too fast and overuse her?

My problem with her was that I just lost interest very quickly, the alternative world was kind of cool but I dropped off following this comic since she was dealing with the return of the lizard, only it wasn't peter? It's been a long time since I checked it out.

Oddly enough I really enjoyed Silk, which is crazy considering how bad she was in Amazing and Spider-Verse. It's too bad the art went to ass right in the middle of the series.

They under-used her.

She had a slightly different, interesting world, and they made her leave it to hang out in 616. She may have used her powers in newer or creative ways, but instead she got de-powered and had to ask villains for power-fixes like a junkie. So other than the outfit, what's really left for the character?

I bet covers by Frank cho would boost the sales

interior art by him would certainly get me to add Spider-Gwen to my pull list

She has what 30 issues now between both series? It's the slowest read I've ever seen in a comic. 30 issues in and nothing has happened and there is no sight of anything really being built. The writer is just fucking awful.

And the art hurts me eyes.

Too many crossovers, too much world hopping, and losing her powers happened too early in the series.

It would have been better if it felt like a truly separate alternate reality, instead of just another facet of the regular marvel universe.

>How do we save Spider-Gwen?
We don't. We let it die and be forgotten, like it deserves to.

I don't know really.

I want to say her world needs to be fleshed out better. I could never really stick with her series for any significant amount of time but no one really had any motivation... other than castle and that was just being psychotic. I have to stop Spider-Girl at any cost...because. There, as I recall just wasn't a ton of reasons to like or dislike anyone. Even Kingpin was a pretty levelheaded guy, maybe borderline evil but not really unreasonable. I just wasn't rooting for or against anyone and even her social life didn't seem like anything you'd care to much about if it got interrupted. 'oh no, I have missed another band practice, what ever shall I do'. I just didn't care about anything going on in her life after her dad found out who she was. Maybe they should have drawn that out.

Gwenpool suffered from the same problem. You can't jump on a fad started by a sony movie. Any other time, and I think it might've worked.

>Dat fucking man jaw
i thought gwen was hot what the hell happened?

A good writer and artist on the book would certainly help.

While I've stuck with the series since it keeps getting storytimed, it has been quite a drag. The story has moved very slowly, and the crossovers haven't helped, especially the one with Miles that served no purpose besides getting people talking about the picture of him and Gwen kissing. Things might get more interesting now that they're building up to Venom, but I won't hold my breath. The art is still ugly as sin, but at least we know Rodriguez is gone after the Venom arc.

Silk was a pleasant surprise for me, too, and I find it unfortunate that it's over now, especially since it means she'll probably either get killed off in another book or end up back in Slott's greasy hands.

We don't, let her die.

Just get her a new writer and new artist. A writer that knows how to make the world more interesting and write interesting stories (instead of the boring ones currently) and a Artist that isn't going blind.

Lolz show more titz so we fap to Gwen

Make her a lesbian for Mary Jane.

This. Instead of letting her be her own thing, she's constantly getting mixed up with other heroes and their worlds. On top of the power loss, it makes it feel like nothing has happened.

I actually like the original concept, but they hardly focus on it. It could get better with the Venom thing coming up, but who knows.

Make her Bi. And polyamorous. So she can have MJ and Felicia.

Hot. But Marvel is off the diversity train. She should get a boyfriend instead. Someone strong, yet vulnerable. Charismatic but stands alone from the crowd. Someone who would be a excellent foil to the spider.

No lie. I would buy five copies.

I wouldn't say that. Gwenpool has at least had a moving story and is generally fun. Spider-Gwen on the other hand is still stuck on the plot point of her being wanted for Peter's death and now they've stacked on depowering her on top of that. Hell the plot point of her having to work for the villains has even been going on since at least last September and doesn't feel like it's gone anywhere. The slow pace of the series makes even Bendis' abysmal pace look fast by comparison.

All of this. Getting depowered is the worst story for a superhero, and why would you make her leave her unique world? Part of my interest in the book was seeing how her world was different.

She was pushed hard and adored before she had any good stories, this wouldn't have been a problem if it wasn't Nu-Marvel, seeing as how they don't have a lot of good story tellers. Several years later and all she still has going on was her design.

This. There is too much decompression and the artwork is shit.

She got a book based off a costume from a multiverse cross over event. She was always destined to fail.

People only ever cared in the first place because she was Emma Stone in a neat costume.

The book itself is boring and has terrible pacing. Plus there aren't enough differences between Earth-65 and Earth-616 (aside from Murdock being the Kingpin instead of Fisk) to make her world interesting.

>Plus there aren't enough differences between Earth-65 and Earth-616 (aside from Murdock being the Kingpin instead of Fisk)

You can just admit that you don't actually read the book. No need for this dumb charade.

They kinda split their efforts between her and Silk. One of these could've worked if they only did one.

Silk was a bad idea that turned into a mediocre but still serviceable character once she was out of Slott's hands.

Spider-Gwen was just riding a movie high from the very start. It's clear they have no idea what to actually do with her and don't really care.

LET HER DIE

>Spider-Gwen was just riding a movie high from the very start.

No. Most people just liked the costume and couldn't give a shit about the fact that it was Gwen.

give her a new writer and artist

Gwenom.

Push the fuck out of Gwenom.

In lesbians with MJ

Life isn't that good, user.

It's happening now. Although since Robbi is still drawing, it may not look so good.

You'd think Venom would be something the Web Warriors would have warned her about

>Plus there aren't enough differences between Earth-65 and Earth-616

Are you fucking kidding me? Too many differences is the problem with this book, mainly because they barely connect or are too convoluted (and a part of the problem comes from too many frivolous crossovers which leaves less times to develop things). They end up becoming distractions rather than interesting asides.

I thought Robbi was going to stop drawing Gwen last year?

If I'm not mistaken, he said the Venom arc would be his last.

Hopefully Latour leaves with him.

No.

Fuck off tumblr

Yeah, the major problem with Spider-Gwen is its lack of focus, both in the writing and the art-storytelling. It's simultaneously slow paced while trying to introduce so many different ways that Earth-65 is different from Earth-616. And the crossovers sure as hell have hurt it.

In one case of a lack of focus, we don't learn that the fourth member in MJ's band is Betty Brant until the fifth issue. This wouldn't be so much of a problem if the world in general had some differences compared to Earth-616 (because similarities you can skip over once you realize that's the same), but because there's so many vast differences going on (A human Howard T. Duck is president! Matt Murdock is corrupt! Ben Grimm and Frank Castle are just cops!), it's hard to concentrate on all this, so you need the primary info first. Instead we're seeing so many vast differences that it became more like distractions instead of interesting asides.

The plot is abyssmal, Gwen losing her powers was unneeded, and the art is atrocious.

Everything post Gwen losing her powers is awful

And DONT GET ME STARTED WITH THE MILES CROSSOVER

I dropped it after issue 2.

the art was so bad. Fan art was leagues better

Have they announced a replacement yet?
Better art might actually help this book.

Spider-Gwen jumped the shark when her alt world brought in SHIELD and Black Female Captain America. Instead of being a universe where things are slightly off, it just went to fanfiction territory. Daredevil as Kingpin? That's actually inspired. Frank Castle as a cop? Also inspired. Just take Spider-Man's mythos and giving it a slant is great.

But adding SHIELD was such a dumb move because SHIELD is exactly the same in every universe, this tedious authority figure that never faces punishment. Female Black Captain America just didn't feel like it worked because she was pushed as "Look how progressive we are" instead of something that felt natural. Especially since she's dressed in a hoodie as well. Black Bucky is practically psychotic of how he wants to shoot people and his second appearance is played up as a "LOL he loves the Asian friend"? I don't even know who the Asian friend is yet! AND OF COURSE PEGGY CARTER LEADS SHIELD.

And that's the downwards slope. Instead of giving an world to get invested in, it started to just throw "this will be big online" moments. Let me get to know the characters, not saying Black Female Cap is a good character when I have no idea what her personality is.

Quick, have her hook up with a black guy. That should surly boost her popularity and not alienate the majority of white male readers.

She's a pretty garbage character with a weak setting, there's no going around it. People indeed only care about the costume.

Have her earn her tuition for college via stripping. All scenes drawn by Frank Cho. But she never graduates as tuition costs and superheroing takes up too much of her time, making her settle down as a single mother who has to webspin to save her city.

I think it's telling that the beef between Robbie and Cho is more interesting than anything that actually happened in her book.

Cheap gimmic idea: Explicitly set fans head to head. Gwenpool and Spider Gwen do battle, winner goes on, loser gets their book canceled.