ITT: Favourite Elseworlds/What If?

Pic related. The first Elseworlds comic and a great one. We were so close to getting a game based on it too.

youtube.com/watch?v=65IsSRMi4i0

Is Superman: Kal any good? Seems pretty run-of-the-mill, but I do like medieval takes on classic stories.

The red rain batman story is pretty good as well

>tfw the most powerful man in the world gets taken down by one sentence

Is the whole trilogy good? A friend told me the last one is garbage

It sorta loses its way when batman gives in to the vampire temptations but it's still worth a read

I like the design for Hal better in this story than the main universe. Looks way cooler

his back story was a lot better as well

It was really cool and weirdly dark, it's the sort of thing I read Elseworlds for

Alright I'll check it out

This is the scariest version of superman. Most comics have dulled his powers but this is like silver age level powers. Being able to hear across the world and learning languages in seconds.

They made him a super genius too, beating Luthor in chess and working on a cure for Stalin after reading for like 1 minute

Bizarro was the one that beat Luthor in chess, and that wasn't the first time Superman has done that "SUPER SPEED LIBRARY READ THEN SURGERY" power. He's done it with Lois more than once over the years.

I liked The Nail, really highlights the importance of Superman.

I feel like it moreso diminished the importance of everyone else

I always had a soft spot for JLA: Age of Wonder, I like that it told it's own story unique to the time period.

>Nikola Tesla and death rays

The first one is great, the second one is okay, third one is just so fucking over-the-top.

>This is the scariest version of superman.

You know in a way I have to agree; it's the best "scary" Superman in a way that makes things like Injustice (or any Superman that needs to be shown as evil by going outright killing people) feel kind of cheap. The whole Superman Robots thing works in a sense that it plays to Superman not wanting to kill people, but also simultaneously horrifying because he's basically reprogramming people against their will.

>Is Superman: Kal any good?

It's OK.

The sequel is shit, but the first holds a place in my heart.

Justice riders

Kingdom Come is pretty great.

These two are great

Didn't know we could have gotten a game. That would have been awesome.

Just for the sheer WTF that they are I Act of God, Create Equal and Whom God's Destroy are my favorites

Like a dozen Elseworld rolled into one.

Anyone who doesn't say Kingdom Come is a liar!

Something unlimited is my favorite elseworld

speeding bullets is ok

I like the Injustice universe a lot more than I thought I would.