If Batman and Superman ran against each other for President of the United States, who would win?

If Batman and Superman ran against each other for President of the United States, who would win?

Batman.

He'd just fund a bunch of attack ads with ominous voice overs

>Superman says he only wants to help...
>if that's true, why is he threatening harmless pranksters with death?
>also, where's the birth certificate?

Batman. He'd paint superman as an out of touch alien elite.

if its well known that superman is an alien how would he run for president?

Superman would win the popular vote but Batman would win the electoral college

The flash.

kek

Superman isn't a natural born citizen

Article Twoof theUnited States Constitutionstipulates that for a person to serve as President, the individual must be anatural-born citizen of the United States.

Wasn't it established that the pod could legally count as a womb so he was technically birthed on American soil?

Yes but the population at large don't know about it. The only way he could run is if he ran as Clark Kent.

I'd vote for Superman because he would cut our military spending down to whatever it costs to buy him lunch.

Batman would also have to run as Bruce Wayne then.
And plus, Clark would hit a lot of the American heartland demographics.

This, Bruce Wayne would lose because most of the time the public sees him as an irresponsible spoiled asshole.

His campaign's over the minute someone brings up those underage boys he kept adopting.

Superman is a beloved and trusted icon, Batman is a weirdo vigilante freak from Gotham.

On the other hand, Clark Kent is a literal who nerd with bad posture and Bruce Wayne is a playboy billionaire philanthropist.

Supes has already won

>those underage boys he kept adopting
As opposed to adopting adults?

Also adopting orphans is more likely to boost his reputation than hurt it.

Superman. He's the premier and most loved hero in the DC world while Batman is some creepy loner

Funding orphanages would help him. Taking young boys to your out of the way Manor with only a mincing English butler for company and then replacing them every few year with kids that are strikingly similar? Fuck running for president it's a miracle he isn't being investigated already

Batman has the support of the Republican party and all his billionair friends.

The Americans wouldn't even learn that somebody other than Batman's running for President.

Lex Luthor

That never stopped Trump from winning. Plus, Bruce can play the MY PARENTS ARE DEEEEAAAAD, I ADOPTED ORPHAAAANS sympathy cards

I think most presidential candidate's parents are dead. Who cares.
Clark also adopted a kid, but DC likes to pretend he never existed in favor of Jon.

Two of which have "died", doesn't look good for him.

>Implying Superman won't start smear campaign on how Batman's feats are superhuman and his top of the line tech is alien
I am not saying anything, I am just saying that we are supposed to believe just a rich human kid is in the frontlines to fight Darkseid?

This. In universe batman is feared a lot more than liked.

Plus I think you guys are underestimating how much wealth superman has. Alien tech, plus he can just fly to the asteroid belt and bring back blocks of gold and platinum

That sounds the exact opposite of what Clark would do. Guy's too nice to be a politician.

>Funding orphanages would help him
I'm fairly sure he does that as well.

>Taking young boys to your out of the way Manor with only a mincing English butler for company and then replacing them every few year with kids that are strikingly similar?
Taking kids to your home is usually how adoption works, and the only Robin that disappeared during his legal warship is Jason Todd.

>Kid disappears
>Replace him with another little black haired boy

Bruce Wayne is clearly a pedophile. Seeing his parents murdered must have really fucked him up

>Implying he wouldn't pull some silver age superdickery to fool the world into voting for him

Not to mention most other heroes would shill for Superman

Puhlease

Batman would make the better president. Superman would win.

>Guy's too nice

>Batman would make the better president.

How do you figure?

He likes Batman more.

Batman is more popular.

>Famous playboy
>Has a biological son
>A pedophile

Plus is gotham, who has not had a family member mysteriously die there.

Not in universe. Not by a long shot

Oh shit you got me user. No rich guy with a kid has ever turned out to be a pedo before

>SUPERSTOOP

my fucking sides

>that comment about putting pennies in his ears

Why do writers today have no clue about comedy? Even the most mundane forms of comedy are gone in this era

Rich guys usually don't really need to adopt to get underage sex.

All you gotta do is get a movement to reenact the CCA's rules and you'll get your comedy cape books

He's smarter and has more plot armor

>Plus is gotham, who has not had a family member mysteriously die there.
I may disagree with your greentext, but I can't argue with this one.

Superman @RealSuperman
Walla walla bix nood where de white wimmen at durka durka Mohammed jihad muh dick

>If Batman and Superman ran against each other for President of the United States, who would win?
One is a billionaire who inherited all his money, the other is an illegal alien. Which do you think Americans would prefer.

It would mean both of them giving up their secret identities in order to satisfy the baseline criteria for eligibility.

As things stand post-New 52, I don't think we even know how old they both are; if either of them is under 35, they can't stand.

Likewise, if Wayne was born overseas (which is fairly common among the families of the ultra-rich, even where they're full US citizens), then he's ineligible; with Kent, whose birth was not first recorded on this planet, it's debatable whether he'd be eligible. Since he demonstrably (usually) has no nation or state of origin but the US, and since he was raised entirely on Earth in Kansas, you could argue that he has de facto met the requirements for US citizenship, since the first record of his birth is now only held there. But you could equally well argue that since he clearly isn't human in scope of his powers - and has that hidden base in what is supposed to be the neutral Arctic - he's ineligible to stand as a presidential candidate.

That would only help if he could prove - or his opponents couldn't disprove, after being given full access to the technology - that he wasn't born outside the pod and then placed into it.

Additionally, they would want to establish when he was mature in the pod, assuming he were ready to 'hatch' before it first opened; while by international treaty space is neutral (as with the polar regions within defined limits, though this is frequently abused), up until the limits defined as "space" by those same treaties, every country owns its own airspace.

Sanity would tend to suggest the pod wasn't programmed to fire itself straight down, so he likely skipped over a significant portion of the earth's atmosphere (and therefore the nations beneath, as well as the sea, where his birth would not count as US citizenship); if he were ripe at any point over those other nations, they would count instead, even if his ultimate destination could be proven to be Kansas.

>It would mean both of them giving up their secret identities in order to satisfy the baseline criteria for eligibility.
Wait, why should they? You mean it doesn't count if they just enter the election as just Clark Kent the Reporter and Bruce Wayne the billionaire industrialist?

Batman would win because he would make the United States great and wouldn't put up with Superman or any other super heroes shit if they threaten the security of the government and would bring them down.

Not only that, but he would step down. Superman would be that asshole tyrant who thinks he knows better than anybody else

>Not only that, but he would step down. Superman would be that asshole tyrant who thinks he knows better than anybody else
You kidding me? Batman has got an entire family of Bat-people who would take their turn getting elected. Batman would rule Earth for centuries through his friends and adopted relatives.

Well the thing is Superman wasn't born on Earth, he just landed there as an infant. So the legality of him being able to be the president would be a big deal during his campaign

Whereas Batman is commonly known by the general population as a mentally unstable man that dresses up in a bat costume to terrify criminally insane individuals.

Given enough time and preparations Batman could solo the entire Justice League.

I think the American people would vote for him out of fear that he would rape the nation to death incase he loses.

>Whereas Batman is commonly known by the general population as a mentally unstable man that dresses up in a bat costume to terrify criminally insane individuals.
That is considered a plus in the United States.

He could crush coal to diamond

>but he would step down
lol? If left to his own devices, he turns Gotham into a police state ruled by him. Dude would never leave a position like that.

Superman vs. Batman, Superman wins.
Clark vs. Bruce, Bruce wins.

Here we go w/the anti American theme of 4ch again.
Have you ever even BEEN to the USA? I thought not. Next!

Superman doesn't understand and certainly wouldn't like to deal with politics.

>lol? If left to his own devices, he turns Gotham into a police state ruled by him.

That's a lie.

It's Schrödinger's Superman. He was either alive or dead, fully developed or a foetus, until someone opened his pod. All anyone can prove is that he was alive and fully developed the moment the Kents found him in Kansas, making him a US citizen (until someone Luthor hacks the Fortress of Solitude and exposes the record of Jor-El placing full born baby Superman in the rocket, ruining his campaign)

This is not true. He is an investigative journalist who covers politics occasionally.

All Superman would have to do is announce his candidacy, and he'd win. He wouldn't have to debate, make speeches, have stances on any issues, he'd just spend the year being Superman and people would vote for him.

"My opponent never even showed up for the debate, he's scared and weak!"
"Your opponent just saved a plane full of nuns and orphans from crashing into an animal hospital."

Superman: "I think this would be the best way to handle this problem.
Any other country: "Y-yes sir."

Superman: "North Korea has launched a nuclear missile at Japan."
Press: "Oh my God! What will you do?"
Other Press: "How many American lives will be lost fighting this war?"
Liberal Douchebags: "Hillary would have avoided this!"
Superman: "I just threw the missile into the sun while you all were talking."

Batman would win. Superman wouldn't want to run because he's not soil born.

test

Batman

Luthurs money (because he'd fund literally anyone but super man) + Bruce's money = buying the whole election

This would have been hilarious under any political context except the current year

Assuming Batman ran as Bruce Wayne, the irresponsible, reclusive, quirky playboy.

Could he actually preptime his way to the White House? He's not very good at understanding the psychology of normal people, let alone an entire country.

Jason's death will definitely cause a scandal.

Who would he vote for?

Ron Paul

Dude's too much of an attention whore to vote for anyone but himself. Probably while putting a bomb in the enveloppe.

Who was the dumbass that wrote that comic?

Byrne

Man, I have some news for you...

Depends, who would each pick for their VP?

Bruce Wayne would win because he's rich.

Underrated post

Superman - Green Lantern

Batman - Wonder Woman

>Green Lantern
I can't really see any of them as being cut for politics.

What if it's Reynolds' GL?

What about this guy?

He does mostly human interest stories and armed conflicts in fucked up countries.

Ha, how couldn't I guess it? It couldn't have been anybody else.

Just reposting something funny i once read:

>"This is all your fault, Alfred."
>The butler gave a tight lipped smile before presenting Clark Kent's coffee. "Your two sugars and skim milk, sir?"
>"Thanks ... and just how is this your fault?"
>"When the mayoral elections were announced after Master Bruce exposed the prior fellow's ... liberal feathering of his nest, he and I had a discussion as per the differing electoral methods in our countries of birth."
>Bruce muttered into his glass of bourbon; only it's pedigree preventing unkind comparison to cleaning fluids.
>"Then I mentioned the joke candidate phenomena."
>Clark remembered a college tutor's anecdote about something called the Official Monster Raving Loony Party. He also recalled a few incidents in his official capacity as the Planet's Foreign Correspondent and a few by-elections of note. "Those guys in the clown outfits who always stand in the back…?"
>"More or less. And his majesty over here thought it was a brilliant idea."
>"It would have been a masterstroke." Bruce poured himself another generous bourbon. "A statewide venue for stupid remarks, public drunkenness and an excuse to disappear from public life and lick my wounds for at least a year…"

1/2.

Just reposting something funny i once read:

>"So I take it that winning in a landslide wasn't part of your plan?"
>The new Mayor of Gotham City leaned back, pinching his nose. "I would have thought the slogan 'Put Him in the Mayor's Mansion and Away From Your Daughter' would be considered a warning."
>"According to the exit polls, the middle class thought that was a very good idea, sir."
>"The election night party was a complete disaster."
>Clark looked up from his PDA. "That's the first time I've ever heard a politician call an event that boosts his approval rating by ten points a disaster."
>"The band was supposed to be a bunch of amateurish incompetents. The free beer on tap was supposed to be 'misordered' as alcohol-free."
>"If it was any consolation they were surprised about their first ever record deal and their single hitting the top of the charts in same week as well. Making your election night gala their … first ever televised appearance…"
>"Then the organizers really did misorder my drinks menu. Instead of alcohol free cat's urine laced with chemicals, they brought..." Bruce took a heavy swig of bourbon, only pausing to refill his glass.
>Alfred took up the spiel. "Directly imported ice cold Australian Lager."
>An uncomfortable silence reigned until Clark spoke up. "When will you resign?"

2/3.

Sorry for the messed up post. Cellphone.

>"I can't."
>"Gotham City Council passed a resolution; no resignations during your first…"
>Bruce's face was pressed hard against the desk blotter. "Three year…"
>"… three year term. Apparently too many newcomers to the position were running to the hills once Arkham's finest made the odd assassination attempt."
>"Get yourself dismissed...?"
>Bruce raised his face from the surface of the desk. "I made sure that while I had an unsavory reputation and all the accompanying rumors, I was never implicated in anything illegal. The only thing that would get me out of here would involve a lengthy prison sentence."
>"Oh." Clark put away his pre-fabricated interview. "Is there anything I can do...?"
>"Yes. You can fly into space..."
>"Yes..."
>"Spin around the Earth at high speed..."
>"Ah ... okay..."
>"Go back in time..."
>"That's a little difficult..."
>"And knock me out before Alfred told me his bright idea..."

3/3.

It's funny because being found as an infant already makes him a citizen without anyone lying. Though I guess there was no internet back then for Byrne to check that.

Neither since they're both vigilantes with secret identities that couldn't run for office without revealing themselves.

It's just that he had to be born AMERICAN AND FREE!!! Anything else would be TREASON!!!

That's retarded.

Your retarded.

Superman wouldn't be able to run, because he was born on Krypton. He would endorse Bruce Wayne's candidacy, however.

None of that is funny. Go to bed, Gramps.

I don't think Superman would even run. Aside from the fact that he's not a natural-born citizen (Clark Kent, though, might be able to get away with that), I don't think he wants any sort of political power.

Batman, though, I could see running for office as Bruce Wayne if he had nothing better to do (and, of course, the position of Batman was already filled by a worthy successor).

Only in John Byrne's "The Man of Steel" and the post-Crisis stories that were made after it. It was later retconned back into Kal-El being born on Krypton.

Is there any story where any version of a Batman is President?

>he can just fly to the asteroid belt and bring back blocks of gold and platinum
Yeah, because crashing the precious metals market is a surefire way to make yourself popular.

I'm hooked
Rec me some good silver age Superman comics

Batman would never win because hes a gun grabbing commie