Who /asterix/ here?

who /asterix/ here?

why i never heard much talking about the live action stuff?

I am Cacophonix irl

Lackluster international distribution and marketing, like most French movies that aren't made or produced by Luc Besson. Which is retarded considering the property has somewhat of an international audience and the movies cost a pretty penny to make.
Only ze Germans give enough of a shit that they coproduced the Olympics one. They didn't even try to get the Brits to get in on the last one.

first one was mediocre family adventure film
second one was actually funny as fuck comedy flick
third one was mediocre adventure movie, but had some decent scenes and god-tier cameos
haven't seen the fourth one

I grew up with the movies as a kid in Brazil, i'm still amazed on how much heart and efford they put into it

in Poland those films were actually very popular, Polish dialogues and dubbing were absolutely top tier

>haven't seen the fourth one
It's absolute garbage, almost so-bad-its-good territory.

there was more than two?!

oh, 2008 and 2012. They were more of a childhood thing to me.

>The one with Britannia in the title wasn't promoted at all in Britain.

I live in England and never knew this existed until now, are they even trying?

We did get fucking god-tier dubs of those animated movies over here though, Asterix was voiced by David Jason if I'm remembering right.

They didn't even bother to dub Olympic Games.

>Matt Berry as Vitalstatistix in the UK's Mansions of the Gods dub

>Roger Carel will die in your lifetime

>are they even trying?
They got Catherine Deneuve of all people to fake accent her way into the role of the Queen, what do you think?

Count me in.

And i kinda like the Uderzo Comics and could life with the last 3 issues from Uderzo.
The new one from the new team is nice again.

And has someone an idea why Uderzo didnt went the Spirou or Lucky Luke way?
There are more Spirou or Luckyx Luke than Asterix.
Is making movies better than comics to make profit?

Everyone knows Asterix in germany. Even new issues are announced in newspapers.

Guess its easier since the rare issues they produce and the movie synergy for popularity.

The live action films are too satirical or too meta. The fun is like a Luis DeFunes in try hard

>And has someone an idea why Uderzo didnt went the Spirou or Lucky Luke way?
What do you mean?

>Is making movies better than comics to make profit?
Yes, but all attempts at Lucky Luke movies (1994 Terrence Hill, 2009 Dujardin, Daltons movie in 2004) have been relative failures.

>make this post
>think "hey I've never given that 2009 movie a watch, let's do this"
>3 minutes in Luke has got a "MY PARENTS ARE DEAD" origin, is half-indian, has a clumsy reason for the "Lucky" nickname
This is going to be not muh as fuck.

I liked both..

Mansions of the Gods was okay.

Though I did think it was a bit odd that they retconned the effects of the magic potion on Obelix.

Obelix only turns to stone if he drinks too much.

That was only established in zombie Asterix anyway, might aswell not be canon.

I love the fuck out of Asterix. My grandma had a full collection of all the Goscinny issues which I grew up reading and loving, and she passed them on to me.

Hard to talk about it in here, though, since the names in translated versions are always different to preserve jokes, so the moment people get out of the basic cast nobody is sure who the fuck anyone is talking about.

>romance subplot
>angst over killing a villain because MUH DEAD PARENTS
>gratuitous mentor
>Lucky Luke no more moment
Jesus Christ, fuck you too James Huth, I get enough of that shit from capeshit already.

>aren't made or produced by Luc Besson.
Besson is a talentless hack

>second one was actually funny as fuck comedy flick
It was shit cause of this human turd called Jamel and CHabat is not funny too

Bums me out that Goscinny died in his 50s. That's way too early to be kicking the bucket.

I love both Asterix and Lucky Luke. Fun fact, apparently Morris didn't find puns/word play funny so that's the reason why there aren't any in Lucky Luke. Asterix on the other hand...

>Besson is a talentless hack
I disagree but my point was about his business savvy rather than artistic talent.

It´s pretty bad.
The saddest: To die of a massive heart attack WHILE you are getting an EKG.

speaking of movie, who the fuck asked for this?

That entire arc was so fucking weird that i loved it.

>the twist of the movie is that the mentor killed his parents
Oh my God who gives a shit.

Also sorry for the liveblog.

YOUR FISH ISN'T FRESH

I SELL FISH FROM LUTECE SIR
I RESPECT THE CUSTOMER
I SOURCE MY FISH FROM THE BEST FISHSELLERS

>from Bretagne/Armorique
>sources fish from Paris/Lutece
>mfw

>NO OBELIX YOU FAT FUCK YOU CAN'T HAVE THE MAGIC POTION

Goscinny is the most underrated Sup Forums writer of all time.

Dammit I should hit my library more often. There's 6 albums I haven't read now.

you really should if those albums are made by Vehlmann and Yoann. They're the best creative team working on the series in the past twenty years

Make it 7, this list i took is from last december.
There is a second album to Spirou Special 19, where they visit an african nazi regime that wants to drop the a-bomb on belgium.

If you wait 2-3 months you might find 9 Albums, "Spirou in Borneo" and "Daughter of Z" are announced for international release.

The 12 tasks is the best Asterix movie, prove me wrong.

Protip: you can't.

>Take on Caesar: truest kino of the bunch, laudable attempt to intertwine various plotlines, top tier casting (Roberto Benigni as Detritus is glorious), perfect blend of adventure and comedy
>Mission Cleopatra: god tier comedy film, amazing production values, superior casting (and the director himself being the funniest Julius Caesar of all four films), closely follows the original story, hilarious humor
>Olympic Games: haven't seen this one but apparently it's shit
>God Save The Queen: pretty shitty, although it has some funny moments inbetween even if they're way out of character (Asterix picking up chicks and Julius Caesar pulling a Darth Vader on him), Édouard Baer was much funnier as Otis in the second film than as Astérix in this one, the visuals looked out of place for the Britain part, really shambled attempt at adding the Normans storyline

I meant making more issues.
Spirou had several artists working on it, there are so many issues.
And after the death of Goscinny Morris worked together with other writers.
Both series could give you steadily new issues. While Asterix is till the new team only uderzo and the issues were slow published.

And i thought the reason is its more profitable for Uderzo to green light films than making comics.

Thats a 2nd movie?
Guess french or european kids saw it and was reason enough to make a 2nd.

>yann
Sheit I really should.

Apart from Tokyo, the Morvan stuff wasn't all that memorable. Ito-Kata, the TK loli with the trash golem and my own weebnes is the only reasons I remember that tome at all.

Welp. There's 15 I haven't read then. I didn't know Une Aventure was a seperate thing, but it appears they've all been published in my language.
I've read La Femme Leopard and the Origin album because they were posted here. Neither of them held a candle to the Tome/Janry albums though.

And i cant. Even if its heavy 70s influenced, this movie still got it right.

>Tome/Janry
Were the best team.

But the others were not that bad neither.

Here have some scanlations of the preview.

Grew up with a well worn VHS tape of 12 tasks along with a whole stack of the comics.
Comfy as fuck, this thread makes me want to watch all the animated films.

And last one of the Preview

Why is Zandra so based?

And is she Sup Forums & Sup Forums P

The first game was gold

The second went overboard with all the video-game references. It was kind of cool at start, as in "It's an asterix videogame so of course it plays like an asterix album about videogames", but the fat man dressed as Lara Croft being a main antagonist and the fucking sonic legionaires were bit too overboard

Because they just arent funny when you have seen the cartoon originals

Also my useless Degree autism got triggered when, IIRC, the romans sail to Briatain in fucking vikinglongboats because the german studios still had those lying around from the Viki movie (Which was also meh as fuck)

They did what? Thats really cheap.

And they announced the next new issue is in october.

And the teaser

Found a screencap

Shit like this is just cheap, especially since I love the beginning of the cartoon originall

>teaser looks nothing like it's about teh cover plot
hmm fells like one of those aimless Simpson episodes

>sonic legionaires

tell me more

Maybe I'm on the wrong track, but I'd love to see Asterix in Asia.

There's a lot of potential for punny names there, and Rome and China had (very, very distant) diplomatic ties.

>Zorglub keeps his daughter from dating negroes

It was hard to believe he could be good guy in a comic, but I'm warming to the idea

Looked for the game (haven't payed it for a decade at least. All I remember that they were in the egypt level and were fucking bitches whats with how they can't be targeted unless they start their attack animation.

>Asterix & Obelix XXL 2: Mission: Las Vegum

The GBA game was a technical marvel

>watching live action movies when there are superior animated movies

faggots, all of you, this is not my Sup Forums

Oh god what

How would they go there and why? It's really far away and the most efficient way of transportation at the time is still the horse, which will not even get you though the mountains. Aside from magical teleportation bullshit I don't see this happening.

Euro here.
Asterx
Lucky Luke
Spirou
Luc Orient
Tintin
Incal
Anything by Bilal
Original Smurfs
Gaston Lagaffe

Rare read capeshit. And capeshit those days were much better than today

Mhhh, trieremes and wikinger boats have very similar construction. On first sight in motion and with the sail hidding the whole board i dont see it as viking. Or did they change as much that a non informed like me dont see any difference?

kek

I am still waiting for releases of Mortadello Y Philemon

They went to India. Just have it so that they meed to get tea for someone.

Reporting in.

>imyplying I haven't watched all the animated versions already
>implying you have

My nigga.

>out of all the Spanish Sup Forums stuff, they choose Mortadello Y Philemon

Legionaire was probably the funniest of all the classic albums.

God that volume was great, the puns were on point and watching them fuck around on the roman's side for once was great.

Are we allowed to like any of Ibáñez's stuff?

There's this.
Mortadelo & Filemon - 005 - The Grand Soiree v2.cbr

Not much but I don't think I've ever seen anything else in english.

>live action stuff

There was one more, actually. Olympic games. Pretty good game all around, albeit slightly clunky at times.

More like
>lets make a teaser before we make the story.

Maybe Zandra is Sup Forums and Zorglub is Sup Forums
She refers to him as over protective and mad scientist.
Something i would expect from Sup Forums

Thats a cool idea.
Dont forget, they went to america too
Maybe asian merchants travel with the ship? Use Obelix as propulsion?
They seek some herbs or so?

Good taste