Is there any hope left for Spider-man? Can he be saved without having to pull an OMD-tier retcon...

Is there any hope left for Spider-man? Can he be saved without having to pull an OMD-tier retcon? Or is he already too deep into the bullshit that's been thrown at him for the past 10 years?

Oh lordy, people are paid to write this. Spidey doesn't deserve that.

Has spider-man ever punched a black woman? I dont remember him ever doing that.

I think he punched Storm once or twice over the years

NO, the culture at Marvel is toxic in it's level of political correctness, there's no saving it. Like most media, it's garbage, and the only way to win the game is not to play.
No amount of rebooting will change things unless they do a mass purge of writers especially. The artists are whatever.
The comics are just there to generate IP for the movie division, they will never be good again.

I just read this issue for the first time last night when catching up on my comics, these page is so out of nowhere and bizarre.

I just noticed Spidey have a serious problem: He basically calls every costumed fella by their civil names, but they never can call him by his civil name (the one that actually know it).

That's rude desu

Not as long as Slott is still breathing. He can still have good stories in other books by other writers, but ASM is doomed for the foreseeable future.

Spider-Man will be toxic until Slott leaves, then it'll take years to recover.

Okay, normally I don't care about shit like this, but this writing is really fucking racist.

Well yeah, it is.

Slott is a problem but just by going on the 8 or pages from the FCBD special, Spectacular Spider-Man is going to suck too if Zdarsky is gonna be that try hard.

At this point what's worth saving?

>Zdarsky is gonna be that try hard.
You don't know much about Zdarsky, do you?

No. I don't.

Why the fuck are fringe groups starting to act like Asians and Jews are oppressed minorities that need representation and shit like that? ASIANS ARE FUCKING EVERYWHERE. THERE ARE BILLIONS OF ASIANS. THERE ARE PROBABLY MORE ASIANS THAN WHITE PEOPLE. WHY THE FUCK DO PEOPLE JUST ASSUME NON-WHITE = GOOD?

Get him a new writer that isn't Slott.

That's the obvious first step but then what about the rest of the issues? What happens to PI, midget sidekick and the whole set of new Spider-people that plague 616? What about the elephant in the roOMD?

I'm starting to think Marvel in general is just kind of fucked if they don't just clean house and start the fuck over. It honestly just isn't fucking worth it anymore. These same terrible writers will keep churning out these same terrible books and the few gems here and there don't make up for most of it being crap. I don't know if there is a way to really fix this without an extreme overhaul.

This. The current Spiderman/Deadpool run written by Kelly is the best spider-anything ongoing at the moment.

My wet dream never-gonna-happen ending for this run is after dealing with Itsy Bitsy Kurt bamfs Peter and Deadpool to Hell and the two beat on Mephisto until he undoes OMD, then Wade can break the fourth wall in a useful way for once in his goddamn life and demand he retcon Sins Past too.

Either something like that or wade getting his hands on the infinity gauntlet again in another semi-canon issue is the only way gwen getting GREEN'd is gonna go away.

There are. Asians are the majority on this planet.

have someone kill them

Starting with writer?

Yea

The problem is Slott is on Amazing and not enough people are reading Conway's Renew your vows, or Kelly's Spider-Man and Deadpool.

i asumed he was being funny on purpose and she was playing along as banter.

I refuse to believe this isn't the author taking a potshot at the current culture of twitter outrage.

I have to believe this company I loved hasn't fallen so low.

That was fucking terrible.

It's Slott. Terrible is kinda his profession.

Someone needs to save Spider-man.

>Everyone here is Asian.
No they're not, shitlord. Stop automatically assuming one of the biggest centers of commerce in the world and draws people from all over the planet is automatically all Asian. REEEEE!

Ironically, it's Slott that's keeping Peter safe from Bendis. If it weren't for him Pete would've died in CW2. Spider-man is stuck between a turd and a fat place.

Is Mysterio still in the Ultimate universe?

They're a minority in America.

Asians from Japan or China don't really care about Asian representation in America since they don't see themselves as a minority, it's Asian Americans themselves who care about it.

Calypso, maybe?

There are a few artists they would need to purge. They seem to be the ones behind most of the modern costume changes.

Dude, you know for a fact Bendis was just spitballing names to emphasize the fact that he wanted to kill someone important off.
Everyone who's getting mad at this is fucking stupid, because this absolutely something Peter would say.
Honestly, the real problem with Peter is that Marvel thinks the only way to have him attract new readers is if he's a fucking manchild. He can't have a steady relationship because in the mind of Marvel's editorial, that ages him up. Like, this something Joe Quesada stated that he genuinely believed to be a core aspect of Spider-Man around OMD. And on a certain level, I understand that. If Spider-Man ages too much, people will find it harder to relate to him. What they don't understand is that Spider-Man isn't a story about being young, it's a story about growing up. You can't have the protagonist of the story grow up and then regress back to his teenage personality, that's just bad writing.
Miles fills exactly the niche Quesada wants, that of a young single Spider-Man who's down on his luck and feeling like the world is against him. But it feels like Marvel just doesn't trust Miles as a character to actually sell like Peter does. They give him his own series, sure, but it's clearly playing second-fiddle to the ASM series. Marvel needs to go all in on Miles, and let Peter actually grow up and be happy. We know from Renew Your Vows that people like the idea of a married Peter Parker. Introducing that in the main continuity makes it so Miles has an actual place in the world, and not just another unnecessary Spider character. Also, get Bendis off of him. In fact, Bendis and Slott should just switch writing jobs. Bendis has to reintroduce the marriage dynamic, and Slott makes Miles go on wacky adventures and have high school drama.

>Can he be saved without having to pull an OMD-tier retcon? Or is he already too deep into the bullshit that's been thrown at him for the past 10 years?

You could say the same thing about Marvel comics in general. Reboot it with some COIE-style storyline and start fresh-ish.

Why is modern marvel so terrible.

What the fuck is this? Fuck Marvel, seriously

>absolutely something Peter would say
Stopped reading right there

Peter is exactly the type of insecure white dude to worry about if he's being racist because he's punching Asians in Asia.

You really need to read a couple comics.

>Everyone who's getting mad at this is fucking stupid, because this absolutely something Peter would say.

Why? It makes no fucking sense whatsoever. He's not beating up innocent people. Why the fuck would he suddenly think "oh no I beat up a lot of Asian people"? Did standards for humor drop even further than Family Guy's worst episodes when I wasn't looking or something?

Are you and the other user Marvel shills or something?

This is probably the saddest effort I've seen to defend that page's joke.

..................this is
wow
this is bad
>Or is he already too deep into the bullshit that's been thrown at him for the past 10 years?
no, as bad as it us a good writer and a new direction can fix MOST of it with no retcons at all.
but retcons would help.
I mean, for as much shit as Slott has dragged Peter through, the only really bad things are
>OMD/OMIT
>Superior
>Peter is Ironman
>Mary Jane's character is trashed
>Felicia is trashed
those can all be fixed relatively simply, albeit it requires some creativity

please enlighten me

Listen to this true believer, fellows. Marvel is a great company and knows what its audience wants.

Excelsior!

I"VE SAID IT BEFORE
and I'll say it again

Peter- OG Spidey; mid thirties Spidey
MILES- teen spidey
Miguel- [mid]Twenties Spidey
SpiderGwen- (Female)College Spidey
Cindy - Female Twenties Spidey
Kaine- Late Twenties "rough" "anti-hero" spidey

You see??
I fixed it.
Everyone has a niche,
everyone has a purpose
give them all different cities, and no one's toes have to be stepped on.
it J U S T WORKS

Renew Your Vows and Spider-Man and Deadpool are shinning examples of this actually

Theirs hope with Zdarsky's upcoming Spectacular Spider-Man run.

If it does well enough (better then the main title) they'll kick Slott off ASM.

I wish people would start supporting Kelly and Conway's efforts to fix the Spider-Franchise...

Only problem with that only two of those listed aren't garbage characters and Slott has a hateboner for both of them.

Is it me or should it have been bobbi saying the thing about the asians?

YES! He can.

But OMD needs to be addressed IN CANNON. Not by removing it, but by giving it repercussions. By revealing what Peter did.

>Mephisto reveals to Mary Jane that she had a past life with Peter
>Shows her that Peter gave up their marriage for Aunt May's life
>Offers to restore the marraige reality for HER soul
>MJ refuses, goes to Doctor Strange for help (via Tony's contacts)
>Strange cant restore reality but CAN undo Mephistos Mindwipe
>The mass mindwipe of Peter revealing himself in Civil War is undone
>MJ goes and explains what happened to a distraught Aunt May
>Aunt May is FURIOUS with Peter for sacrificing what he had with MJ for her
>"You were offered power over the world, over life itself, by a daemon. And you abused that power for your own benifit, Peter. I am so disappointed in you. Ben would be so dissapointed in you. But more than that I am disapointed in me and Ben. We failed to raise you as well as we thought we did"
>Everyone hates Peter Parker
>Shield is hunting Peter for Crimes Against Reality
>Outlaw Hobo Spider-man

And then Mephisto reveals to Peter that it wasn't just his and Mary Janes marriage that he sacrificed, but everything that was a result of it. And really, did Peter think Mephisto managed such major changes without the sacrifice of a soul? The soul of Peter and Mary Janes unborn child.

>MAYDAY PARKER, HELL-SPIDER

This is why people should be supporting Kelly, try and get him as the lead spider-writer

>spider-adjacent
FUCKING KEK
Can Kelly handle on ASM though?
this would work for me
none of those characters are outright garbage.
Miles doesn't have a personality yet, because no one can give him one, because BENDIS
Cindy is actually cool once released from Slotts clutches. Spider-Gwen, is fine honestly.

If the way he presents himself on Twitter and Tumblr are anything to go on, he's pretty tryhard in all aspects of life.

Or maybe I don't know what tryhard means.

I forgot, who was Cindy again? Silk?

>can Kelly handle ASM
Give him a rotating team up writers made up of himself, Conway and Thompson, boom, spider-saved

I love when writers remember that Wade is an actual human being.

If only all the people who love him would realize he's more than just random jokes all the time.

Nice get, you should really check out Spider-Man and Deadpool, it suffers from mass guest writers between issues giving you literal filler, but ever issue Kelly writes is pure gold

Wait, I'm the guy you're replying to and I'm saying the exact opposite, Marvel has absolutely no idea what its audience wants.

>Feels weird beating up only Asian people.
>Feels fine beating up only white people like he's done for the past several decades.
FUCK. YOU. SLOTT.

You mean Chip "My Star Lord got cancelled despite the GotG movie buildup hype." Zdarsky?

It's honestly about as weird as people complaining that there were only black zombies in Resident Evil 5 which was set in Africa. Thank god Capcom went back and added in the random Asian zombie that would appear out of nowhere so the game wouldn't seem anti-black.

Stop with your fucking obnoxious and autistic shilling of Spider-Man/Deadpool. Jesus Christ, we get it, you like the book. I can't wait until Marvel cancels the book like every other one and you fuck right off forever.

You seem mad, I could 'shill' something else if it will help you calm down a bit, but this thread here is about what we can do to fix spider-man, and I believe step one is supporting the titles that are written by writers whlo are actually good. Why are you even in this thread? Do you have anything to contribute to the topic of the thread?

Bump

eh, i laughed.

it's about feeling like an outsider. i don't get the outrage here.

i think spidey may be anticipating the inevitable backlash when some corrupt asian politician rips on PIGDOG AMERICANS GO BACK TO YOUR COUNTRY GWEILAO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN AND LEAVE CHINA ALONE EHHHHHHHHH WHAT ABOUT NATIVE AMERICANS EHHHHHHHHH FALUN GONG EHHHHHHH BLACK SLAVERY EHHHHHHHHH IMPERIALIST BACKWATER EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

if they go this route i hope it's tempered by some welcoming asian folk who are legit happy to see spidey.

This is pretty funny though.

cont.

honestly, i'm far more bothered by the lazy looking spider in panel 1. if you're gonna trace, everything that isn't traced has to be on point or else it's really gonna stick out. honestly, for this level of art, i think it might look better if everything were eyeballed and sketchy, rather than having some elements that are slapdash and others that are laser precise.

a hand drawn image is an symbol, first and foremost, so something that is eyeballed and not tool assisted is more compelling because of what the artist chooses to draw and how he chooses to draw it.

>WHERE IS AAAAAASIAN SPIDERMAN EHHHHHHHHHH??? SPIDERMAN MUST GIVE UP HIS SECRETS AND SURRENDER HIMSELF TO THE CHIIIIIIIIINESE GOVERNMENT IMMEDIATELY!!! IF SPIDERMAN WISHES TO BE HELPFUL THEN HE MUST WORK BESIDE THE CHINESE!!! HA!!!!! SURELY NO LOYAL CHINESE CAN DISAGREE WITH APPREHENDING THIS INTERNATIONAL PEST!!! AS MY GOOD AMERICAN FRIEND J JONAH JAMESON SAYS, THE SPIDERMAN IS A MENACE!!! DO NOT BE SWAYED BY HIS COLORFUL COSTUME AND HIS FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD WAYS, THE SPIDERMAN IS AN EXTENSION OF THE AMERICAN GOVT AND OF AMERICAN IMPERIALISM!!!! HARUMPH HARUMPH!! YOU SURELY MUST NOT BELIEVE HIS DECEITFUL LIES ABOUT YOUR LOYAL AND HUMBLE LOCAL CHINESE GOVT, WHATEVER HE MAY SAY FROM HIS MASKED AND DECEITFUL MOUTH!! HARUMPH! CENSORSHIP IS FOR THE COMMON GOOD, YOU CHATTEL, EH I MEAN GOOD CHINESE CITIZENS...
THIS SPIDERMAAAAAAAAAN MUST BE STOPPED IMMEDIATELY!! AND HIS SECRETS EXPOSED!!! EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

t. totally not a chinese govt representative

yeah, Cindy is Silk.
her book just got canceled though, iirc.

Yeah

>"I'm used to beating up every race, but it feels bad beating up Asian people."

what

Who hasn't?

An OMD-tier retcon won't save him if Slott's still writing him.

YES YES AMERICAN SWINES YES

A casual and a casual lover. disgusting

>Dissing on Majong
Peter needs to read himself some Akagi

If I ever get a job writing for Marvel, remind me to have Slott illustrated as a gremlin or an imp.

>i don't get the outrage here.

Because it makes no sense for him to say it. Why would Spider-Man be even concerned about their race? They were assassins and gangsters! Did he feel guilty beating up Mr. Negative or The Hand? Or is it some bullshit about them being "masked" that Slott thinks would be an excuse?

It's a dumb, awkwardly placed line that's illogical for the character in general. Why would he even care that all those guys he beat up were Asian? He's fought goons sent out by Fu Manchu, for example. Even if you believe in the flanderized Spider-Man they've been pushing in the last 10 years it still wouldn't make sense. I mean was the joke supposed to be a jab at racists or white guilt? Cause it makes him look like a fucking chump either way and speaks badly of the writer.

how in the world any of you interpret this page as anything that ISN'T mocking sjw sensibilities is beyond me

Because it's an out-of-character thing for him to say? If Slott used like Alpha or some other character he created that happened to by white, and had that character say that, then maybe it'd work. It makes no sense why a guy like Spider-Man would be saying that when he's been fighting crime since he was 15 or whatever high school age they claim he started at.

>Americans are always worried about portraying non-whites and/or women offensively in their entertainment media
>Japan doesn't give a flying fuck

Further proof of anime's superiority

This guy had it with
>Because it's an out-of-character thing for him to say?
Anybody with middle-grade smarts would realize that there are actual countries and towns with one type of race dominating the country/town. Marvel made Peter smart in science, so it should have been second nature for him
>What is Hell's Kitchen with all the ninjas
>What is The Hand
really now. after all the team-ups with Daredevil, you'd think

>it's Slott that's keeping Peter safe from Bendis

Bendis is nowhere near as bad. He's shit, but not as bad as Slott. At least Bendis can make a funny joke once in a while. This kind of bland stupidity is Slott trying to be funny.

>People actually getting triggered by this

You people are pathetic. It's a fucking joke, but you're so sensitive you have to make a big stink over everything and anything.