Did she break her code and evolve or just got an update

Did she break her code and evolve or just got an update

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nkcKaNqfykg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Do you guys have any idea how good it feels when a girl says I love you and you know she means it

It was an advertisement. He was being sexually teased by a giant ad with his dead waifu's face.

Neither. She never acted outside her design parameters the entire film.

It's sad that I have to share this board with retards like you.

Yeah it's this. What is OP talking about specifically?

At the start of the movie she say read me this book.
He said I thought you didn't like that book

She breaks for a second

Nope.

yeah, and how much it hurts to not feel the same about her

Well then

No.

Fuck you.

no girl can actually mean it dumbass. no matter what horseshit they tell themselves internally.

this.
this is the real feel right here.

Interlinked

Within cells?

DELET

Holy shit, thank god, I thought I was going crazy with anons thinking Joi really loved him. I thought the entire point of this scene was illustrating that she was within her programming to the very end.

y-yes

The point was to demonstrate that his Joi had achieved individuality through the time and memories they both shared, she was special, she's gone and she can't ever be replaced or recreated, he could get a new Joi but it would just be a pale imitation reminding him of what he lost.

K realises he can still be special too, he doesn't have to be a tool.

Wrong

"You look like a good Joe". That line was the focal point of that scene. her "love" was programmed, a facade of individuality meant to enamor the disillusioned and isolated.

It wasn't that he realized that he was special, it was that he realized his life hadn't been special, that everything he ever experienced, or remembered, or wanted, was a thin facade. That's why he was willing to die to rescue Deckard and reunite him with his daughter, because he wanted to be a part of something real.

>Did she break her code and evolve or just got an update

the answer is explained in the movie

But she was literally using the exact same phrases that had previously come off as suggestive of emotional legitimacy by his Joi. I thought it was intended to come off as a gut punch for the audience as it realizes she was just one of many, using the same programmed language during instances of recognized contextual appropriateness.

I loved Joi, and thought she and K were adorable. It broke my heart when she was destroyed. At least K could still have known that he loved Joi, and she loved him, until oh wait, this ad is speaking to him EXACTLY the same way his did, so she never did, did she? Poor K.

That was not the point at all. The point was Joi is completely fake. She only said what K wanted to hear. Namely, the fact that she always knew he was special, when in fact, that's only what he wanted to believe, like the Resistance mentioned.

Even the name she gave him is what she calls of her owners in a generic sense.

No clue my dude, but it feels pretty good when I imagine my waifu saying it.

"a good Joe"
Reducing him to an object, a common man instead of addressing him as a person like his Joi would, further proving the difference between them.

>this ad is speaking to him EXACTLY the same way his did
But the tone is all wrong. She sounded like a completely different person reading the same script, almost like she was taunting Joe/Joi

>It wasn't that he realized that he was special, it was that he realized his life hadn't been special, that everything he ever experienced, or remembered, or wanted, was a thin facade. That's why he was willing to die to rescue Deckard and reunite him with his daughter, because he wanted to be a part of something real.
Exact same conclusion I came to as well. The one addendum I would make, is that willingness was done to be a part of something real, but also, to offer an opportunity for two people who really could love one another, to share something like what he thought he had.

>you know she means it
oh, (You)

Or it's an ad, and therefore more direct.

The ad ends saying that Joi is created for the owner. Of course the ad will be more generic. You think his Joi is different because it is, its personality is programmed to make him like it.

she acted against the corporation

But Joi really loved him, no doubt about that. But it was within her program, that´s the sad part.

She is programmed for the owner, not the corporation. If there is an override, the corporation didn't get the chance to give her the order.

CELLS

lol, fuck off with your fan fiction

Oh, the hologram who couldn't physically manipulate things, acted against her manufacturer?

I think you meant to say she went with her owner and emotionally supported him through his "psychological" distress.

How did you not understand this? It was an advertisement of a similar product to his waifu.

Wrong.

>I can't debate you

>joi version never ever

youtube.com/watch?v=nkcKaNqfykg

nope

>people think joi actually loved him
are you idiots? the whole film shows that she says what ever you want to hear and then after she "dies" he sees a version of her that doesnt even know him, treat him the same way and calls him Joe? showing him that she was just following his programming that she wasnt special and neither was he.

joi NEVER loved him, she was just a program doing what she was meant to do, please her owner.

kys you fucking faggot and go back to plebbit

Her core programming was to love him you fucking brainlet.

thats why i said actually love

it brings up the issue of "what is love?", and imo she didnt actually love him just because her programming said so. If she met someone else she would love them too so what value does her love actually have? none

she will love anyone she is owned by

Sure, my mom tells me that all the time

women can't feel love kid, only dependence

This user gets it. Backed up by the eyes. Joi had green eyes, cause she had a soul (in K's eyes) and the pink Joi had black eyes

The saddest part is i cant delude myself so much that i ever believe that a program is loving me.

Is this the truest form of loneliness?

>Based I jerked off to an actress so it changes obvious plot points poster.

yeah

mummy

t. purelove

Like Joi freaking out during the car crash, despite K not being conscious? Oh wait... You're a fucking idiot

>you're a good joe
Did anyone else get reminded of the phrase "average Joe" when she said this? I wonder if it was intentional, given K's desperation to be something more meaningful.

shes designed to be caring, loving, wanting of the owner. plus she had no idea if he was conscious or dead or what ever

regardless, she is how she is DESIGNED to be

>projecting this hard

I think she made to be sentient like any other Wallace products.

Heh, yeah must suck to be desired by many women I don’t care about, right my fellow Chads?

Are people here retarded or just trolling?
It's clear she was just acting out the way she's programmed, at least that's what the writer wanted to imply.
But on the other hand, don't we all? And now you google hard determinism, and then you feel depressed, until you learn about quantum mechanics.

shes made to be a fuck-doll to entice the owner to keep wanting her, shes literally designed to be a waifu to keep the owner happy and willing to keep paying for it and upgrade it.

youre nothing but a sucka to fall in love with a character designed to be hot/perfect

love is a chemical illusion

Is it watchable online yet?

Spoken like a true butt mad heartbroken sucker. Wallace sees his creations as living beings that were made to serve mankind. He's not some money hungry businessman. He actually believes he's a god that creates real living beings.

Suddenly billions of threads since the premier, i wonder why...

Interlinked.

What do you mean by this?

Yes

explain to me this
gosling wasnt the child, the memory maker was right?
why was luv keeping tabs on him?

its advertised that joi will say everything you want to hear, aka it will figure out what you want, and if you want it to fall in love with you (like k wanted), it will.

also chances are joi is just a money making venture compared to android creation especially considering how limited she is.

he made androids able to develop feelings and keeps them as quite a blank slate and then implants memories etc. and the ability to form their own wants, needs and feelings.

with joi shes designed to be desirable, designed to please the owner, designed to figure out what the owner wants, she is entirely customizable too. she is LITERALLY made to please the owner, not develop her own personality and wants and desires.

Sorry, I don't understand. All I would like to know, is it available to watch online for free or accessible through your favorite torrent sites, and if so, can you provide links. Thanks.

>these redditors who are just now seeing that are too fucking retarded to get it at all
i hate nu-Sup Forums. i truly, truly do.

The whole point is that the line between programmed characteristics and acquired characteristics is blurry.

Humans are genetically predisposed to form pair-bonds, that that mean it's all "fake"?

I'm starting to hate the ladies trying to imply Joi was anything more than a machine. It goes against the entire point of the film.

If something acts and thinks like a human, and looks like a human, is it human?
That's the point of these two movies, you dumb niggers. It's supposed to really make you think. So discussing this shit is pointless.

Based Cohle poster

>what is love?

Baby don't hurt me.

not the same as joi who is designed to basically fall in love with the owner, if all humans fell in love with the first human it interacted with then it would be fake but unfortunately for many anons who browse Sup Forums thats now how women work

>That's the point of these two movies
>It's supposed to really make you think
>So discussing this shit is pointless

You are contradicting yourself friend.

>Why do I fall in love with every woman I see that shows me the least bit of attention?

It makes me realise how much better the discussion was pre webrip

>its meant to make you think
>BUT DONT DISCUSS IT WITH PEOPLE YOU DUMB NIGGERS

thats not how women work****

I mean in the sense that there is no correct answer.
Joi, she was clearly an AI and acted out in the way she was programmed. But aren't humans the same?
There is no "right" answer. That's why it's pointless to discuss.

Joi really loved Joe and I love Joi

because she loved him. all the women in the movie loved him in their own way.

no humans are not the same as a waifu AI designed to be a whore

humans are infinitly more complex and free to do what they want than an AI like joi

Again. It's just bizarre how she plays her ringtone whenever K is talking to an attractive women all by her own, or if she imploys K to destroy parts of her so she can protect K from the others. Mind you that K didn't knew that he was monitored by Luv through Joi or that Joi has a recording system in her mainframe.

>a waifu AI designed to be a whore
Joi was pure, pure!

>But aren't humans the same?
no. thats the point. Joi's love is entirely unconditional. no human loves unconditionally.

i could easily see it as joi is designed to keep the owner attracted to joi instead of anyone else so he still has a need for joi, because if he got a real girl then why would he need joi? why keep paying for her and upgrading her when he can get a real girl

Because they had an alarm on Rachel's case file in the archives. So when K started looking into it, they started following K so that he would lead them to Deckard or the child.

Haha yeah I totally do, I mean who doesn't lol

I'm talking hypothetically. It's not really clear how "smart" Joi was.

this

this is what people dont understand

regardless of if you argue that joi was sentient and free to do what she wants. any user could get a joi and tell it it wants to be loved, and it would act in the same way as k's joi so how can k's joi ever be consider to truly love him?

Wanting to love her back but unable

DO YOU FANTASIZE ABOUT HAVING A LOVING SIGNIFICANT OTHER BEFORE GOING TO SLEEP IN YET ANOTHER LONELY NIGHT; CELLS

>this thread

It was abundantly clear to me that this scene was meant to showcase K had been living a "plastic" life for as long as he existed - meaning Joi was only as real as her programming allowed her to be, and like some people said, only there to tell him what he wanted to hear. As if the DEEPLY UNHAPPY, MISERABLE EXPRESSION ON HIS FACE wasn't indication enough, the line "you've never seen a miracle" literally gets played over and over about a thousand times.

What makes me sadder than anything is

>sister watches Moonlight
>says it's a very deep film with much more beneath the surface

>sister watches Blade Runner 2049
>realizes no one's black or gay
>say it's not as deep as it's being made out to be and Joi does nothing to further the plot

That scene is literally the entire reason for the ending.