How did Marvel make me detest one of my favorite capeshit characters so much that I'm not even excited to see of movie...

How did Marvel make me detest one of my favorite capeshit characters so much that I'm not even excited to see of movie of them?

> The modern forms of Social Justice/Feminism
> De Feminization
> Slice of life bullshit rather then epic sci-fi
> Nutering her edgy side
> Making her the bad guy in a moral based even when she was blatantly in the moral right

>one of my favorite capeshit characters

Ultimates is good.
The Captain Marvel book where she's running Alpha Flight is good.

They didn't make you detest anything. It was all you, user. You and your poor taste and bad decisions.

>Civil War 2
>Carol in the moral right

Nigga you think Fazekas&Butters run was good?

Don't you ever talk about someone's taste ever again.

Absolutely. There is nothing wrong with a "police state" when those in power 100% actually genuinely are doing it to protect people and don't bother innocent people just ones who they have evidence enough to investigate which the visions count as.

But HydraCap's very existence proves Carol was wrong.

Actually he was the one who found the flaw in Uylesses' visions that Tony was looking for.

>But HydraCap's very existence proves Carol was wrong.
False, acting on the visions didn't give Carol much extra power or control over the government like Steve received, she still had to answer to the government & whatever evidence she acts on has to be approved by committees & members of Shield plus whatever Avengers are working for her on whatever specific mission.

>Fazekas&Butters
Sounds like some food shop.

Did you miss the issue where Carol held a woman against her will and violated her civil rights despite everyone telling Carol they legally cant keep her?

I think that user means Ulysses didn't see HydraCap coming. HydraCap was also able to manipulate the visions to stay under the radar. He orchestrated Banner's death.

>> 117. Mighty Captain Marvel #4 (Marvel) - 17,893 [116]

1.) She still had a few more hours to investigate before the release time.
2.) Shield has ALWAYS detained people & villains longer then normal cops are allowed to.
3.) Civil Liberties are irrelevant in world ending scenarios.

At least three events where she was just a totally unlikable asshole to everyone she interacted with. Then she killed a couple heroes and is still loved by every Marvel government.

>favourite character

Your favourite character was a blonde bimbo in the Avengers? Get some taste faggot.

>Fazekas&Butters
The people who made Reaper write for Marvel? I loved their show. Was their run actually bad, or is it worth checking out anyway?

Try to insist you like her. Just like America Chavez. Just like Champions.

It's below average in terms of quality. Anons like to give it a pass because it isn't a train wreck like KSD's rubs.

> 117. Mighty Captain Marvel #4 (Marvel) - 17,893 [116]
Already below cancelation numbers.

Bravo!

I can't give a shit about her. She's only called "Captain Marvel" to keep the trademark around, there's nothing that feels on the level of Cosmic Marvel related to her.

It was great, but they only got one arc before Bendis ran them off with CW2.

Stohl was a mistake.

How busy are the Gages anyway?

Because you're a bandwagon jumper (memer) and can't formulate your own opinions.

>liking Carol at all
>using le capeshit maymay

Modern Marvel was a mistake

>Already below cancelation numbers.
>Bravo!
6th Relaunch coming up.

0% doubt that would happen.
>inb4 they have to have her to keep the rights
>bring back Genis as Captain Marvel

So many fucking relaunches.

They made an entirely different character with an entirely different look, personality and Target demographic, then said it was the same character. Same thing happened over at DC with Alan Scott and Wally West.
Unfortunately Marvel is going to double down on this one, as opposed to DC, who are at least trying to get back the baby they threw out with the bathwater.

Dat costume doe bro

Well, look at it this way
The movie will be as disconnected to the comics as the case with every MCU films so far
In Carol's case it's fro the better since the book is trash

This Please.

Was Carol ever at the level where putting her in Civil War 2 made any sense?

To be fair I never followed her character and was out of the loop during a lot of the time she was established (Or seemed to be established) but it seems very odd to me Civil War 2 is Tony vs. Carol.

What are considered good sales at this point and what sort of numbers justify a book getting dropped?

>ow did Marvel make me detest one of my favorite capeshit characters so much that I'm not even excited to see of movie of them?

To prepare you. ;)

It's time for Captain Marvel & Spider-Woman: Supergirlfriends.

In the context of the Big Two, books that sell above 30,000 are money makers. Below 30,000 but above 20,000 is a gray area. Things get red below 20,000, the publishers are most likely losing money at this point, or not gaining money enough to justify publishing it.

>Was Carol ever at the level where putting her in Civil War 2 made any sense?
"Carol Danvers is TOTALLY an incredibly popular hero" is part of her push since 2013.

This is what I don't get. What exactly did Carol do that was so high-profile to earn such adoration in-universe?

House of M ??

I don't know either.

She became Captain Marvel after AvX and suddenly she has fan clubs, people idolize her, the hero community has her in high regard... never really explained.

Stopped the Sun from exploding. Blew up Damocles base and liberated Earth from Kang. Single-handedly saved New York from Skrull invasion. Hired a really good PR agent.

Carol fags are the worst

They've been trying to push her as a big A-list character for over a decade. Sup Forums apparently just didn't notice until they gave her a makeover.

>Civil War 2
>Carol in the moral right

The politics around the name/costume switch was beyond retarded.
First they claim they're changing her name because being "Ms _____" is somehow degrading. They say that it makes her a secondary who is just a female version of a male character's identity. And then they give her that male character's name and swap out her totally unique signature costume for a player-2 palette swap of that same male character's costume.

On top of that, Carol isn't a Captain, she's a Colonel. That's TWO RANKS HIGHER than a Captain. But they say that they're changing her from Ms Marvel to Captain Marvel because apparently being identified as female is somehow more degrading than a two-rank demotion. How exactly is that supposed to empower women?

And the cherry on top of the entire pile of bullshit is that as soon as they swapped her into Rule 63 Captain Marvel, they introduced a new "Ms Marvel" as an ostensibly positive and progressive move. So it's demeaning for a blonde white woman to be "Ms ___" but it's empowering for a muslim woman to be "Ms ____"??

Fuck all this shit, just give me Monica Rambeau back.

And Living in the Statue of liberty.

I for one hope Iron Man wreaks her shit when he comes back

>Single-handedly saved New York from Skrull invasion.

That was Norman Osborn. Or was there another one?

>Yet no one knew all the shit Iron Man did in space while he shot one women

He fucked Maria Hill. I'm sure he can get Carol to drop her panties.

McCoy was the only one in the right

Stole her kill.

If she wanted that kill, she should have taken it.

Then they gave a Muslim girl the sexist name Ms. Marvel.

Fucking bigots at Marvel might as well call Kamala Khan "Ms. Mudslime" and get the two for one dose of intolerant bigotry.

Norman Osborne is more of a hero than Carol is.

You bet your ass, Son.

Ostensibly the in-universe reason for her popularity skyrocketing is that she diverted the Phoenix Force from the sun in AvX. During that space mission she chatted with Mar-Vell's spirit (or at least a hallucination of him) who said she was TOTALLY ready to be Captain Marvel now and he was proud of her, and then Captain America told her she could become Captain Marvel. Apparently this one act in a sea of other ones was enough to tip the fickle Marvel public over into adoring her as much as she was in House of M,and by the time the first Captain Marvel solo started she already had her popularity as one of earth's most famous heroes.

Of course the only reason for any of this are the real-world politics of trying to forge Carol into Marvel's flagship female characters since they don't have the movie rights to any of their female characters that are actually popular. And thus followed 4 years of constant reboots, ever declining sales and shitty writing which all boiled down to "Carol is popular, Carol is great, everyone idolizes Carol"

i came for the filename

>Of course the only reason for any of this are the real-world politics of trying to forge Carol into Marvel's flagship female characters since they don't have the movie rights to any of their female characters that are actually popular.

I guess it would be difficult to make Tigra into a flagship character after having a Skrull baby. Then again, it's not like Marvel is going to bring up Carol being impregnated by her own rape baby.

This

Not those versions of the characters.

Why can't Marvel push Norman like they're pushing Carl?

>3.) Civil Liberties are irrelevant in world ending scenarios.

This is why capeshit is for children