I really need a bit of an advice now

I really need a bit of an advice now.
I can't decide, wether I should switch completely to digital comics or not.
It's cheaper, I can read them where ever I wan't and on the release day, instead of driving to the next comic book store with the train every month.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!uQcCSJiA!USBtvBm8VEgS70ozFA04Yg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Well I always thought if I were to go to digital/buy digital I'd rather just DL the cbr rather than actually buying it. Physical copies are also alot nicer to read.

Digital comics aren't THAT much cheaper as to waive a true ownership for licence

This. I really cannot get into the idea of paying for something that can be taken away from you like that. However some publishers do offer downloadable backups on certain books when you buy them on Comixology, so it's not an all-or-nothing situation.

I would suggest moving to tradewaiting over going fully digital unless space is becoming an issue.

Just a reminder that DC said they will start giving away free digital codes in some of their titles. I've bee. Waiting for this to happen for a long time now.

They already started with the monthlies.

They added a dollar to the price to their monthlys because of the code. I don't use them since the whole code redeem process is kinda lengthy

>tfw none of the titles on my pull list are monthly

3.99 for two copies of the same comic is a fair trade to me, I dislike floppies, but I want to support my lcs.

I mean if you think about it,its a great deal and all but then I kinda don't want to get a digital since I already have the physical.c

It's not that bad, but I think I might try to sell my codes online instead. Haven't decided yet.

I like having the digital copy because when I find myself with spare time, while I'm a passenger in someone's car, between slow periods of work, while waiting for the wife to get ready, I have my comics right there on my phone, and if for some reason the power goes out I have my physicals to thumb through. Also for screen shots during discussions online.

where would you download them from? The win-o-threads just have the latest releases or are you good on back issues?

I've kept up via pirating digitally cbr and cbz
With the lil bit I could afford to spending going to trades or graphic novels.

Now days I got a lil more income but I still keep up with bigger comics through downloads and physically buying floppies for small time Indy stuff that need the numbers just to make it to 2nd trade.

I'd say start downloading.
Like it? Buy it.

Latest of the week plus tons of archives and sharefolders full of back issues.

Not to mention torrents have lots of whole runs to download all at once.

It's only an issue for Marvel and DC.

Everybody else gives you full ownership of what you buy (i.e. they give you DRM-free downloads), but DC and Marvel only let you RENT digital comics.

Let this be a lesson for you: Buy everything else, but pirate Marvel and DC.

With non-big 2 it still depends on the series. Checking some (freebie, no bully) issues I can't backup Lumberjanes or Fight Club 2

What are the best (or your favorite) runs with decent seeding on tpb?

I feel like trying something new and random.

im sure there's gotta be places better than tpb to get your comics from, dude

Not him, but such as? Kick-Ass use to be great for comics, but tpb seems to be lacking...

I remember this Kick-Ass user who seeded whole stories with cross overs and side stories in chronological order.

Pirate monthlies as they come out, and spend the money on trades instead.

Hints as to where would be appreciated please! Mega? Do you have links?

I'll buy them is the story is good.

just pirate you fucking retard

Here, have the longest single-author run of all time. By the time you're finished, you will hopefully learn how to find comics on your own.

>Cerebus the Aardvark #001-300 by Dave Sim and Gerhard
mega.nz/#F!uQcCSJiA!USBtvBm8VEgS70ozFA04Yg

Thanks m80.
Holy shit, what happened in issues 280-290?

The author has schizophrenia.

Towards the end there's a bit of a breakdown.

Pirate and order trades, user.

Bump for more links to full runs!

To be fair, seemed to ask about links to some good comics to try something new.

>CBR file
>Full ownership

lol

bampity bamp!