The end of Hollywood has begun

Thanks to the Mouse owning Fox we will never get another
>R rated Wolverine
>Alien Covenant sequel cancelled
>A future Alien V Predator movie wont happen
>If it doesnt make enough money and isnt kid friendly, Disney wont make it

But hey. I have grown up now and dont spend time watching movies all day anymore. Perhaps this means you can all grow up and make a life for yourself because Hollywood no longer is your friend.

Other urls found in this thread:

screengeek.net/2017/10/08/ridley-scott-says-next-alien-movie-more-about-androids-than-xenomorphs/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

wtf i love disney now

I'm glad it's cancelled. Covenant and Prometheus were utter shit.

first 2/3rd of Prometheus are kino

Dogshit movie doesnt get sequel the rapes the franchise even more? Well guess im a disney fan now. Now just cancel star shit and im satisfied

Shut the fuck up.
Covenant was supposed to have two sequels, now it's only getting one
>20th Century Fox is rumored to be reassessing the state of the franchise after the moderate reception to Covenant, although they have not released an official statement to that effect. According to reports, there will be only one additional prequel film (Alien: Awakening) before a soft reboot is made to the Alien universe, consisting of a new series of films with brand-new and original characters as well as a new setting.[132] In the audio commentary for Alien: Covenant, Scott confirmed that a sequel to Alien: Covenant, tentatively referred to as Alien: Covenant 2, is being written by John Logan, with Fassbender, Waterston, and McBride reprising their roles. Scott also confirmed that the film will cap his prequel series, leading directly into the events of Alien.[133][134] Michael Nordine, writing for Indiewire in October 2017, quoted Ridley Scott stating that Alien: Covenant 2 will focus more on the androids and A.I.'s as opposed to the xenomorphs. Scott said "I think the evolution of the Alien himself is nearly over, but what I was trying to do was transcend and move to another story, which would be taken over by A.I.'s. The world that the A.I. might create as a leader if he finds himself on a new planet. We have actually quite a big layout for the next one."[135]

That might be a good thing
The franchise was dead anyway

I would say thanks to Ridley dropping the ball twice in a row it got cancelled.

What's really interesting?

After the flop that was The Last Jedi, Fox moved the release date of Deadpool 2 to put it up against Han Solo.

Will there be some phone calls from the Mouse House telling them to change it if they hope to keep their jobs once the transition is complete?

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK I KNEW IT

ridley

did

nothing

wrong

prometheus was kike brainwashing propaganda and didn't make any sense

>waaaaaaah we're not going to get more franchise sequels
stop watching mass media

So are they gonna do Alien 5 now?

Ah who gives a fuck, major studios are fucking poison anyway.

Disney will cleanse Fox.

X-Men will get a whole new cast, no more GoT actresses and no manlet Cyclops

Alien and Bladerunner crossover film when?

>prometheus was kike brainwashing propaganda
What

It got cancelled because Ridley didn't have the intellectual ability to make an actual continuation of Prometheus, he gave us instead a half-assed alien movie nobody cared about.

>PrOmEtHeUs Is SmArT

>This should be regarded as rumor for now, but someone who reportedly worked on Alien: Covenant is saying, via a forum on Blu-Ray.com, that the studio has scrapped plans for the sequel.

>via a forum on Blu-Ray.com

Smart or not, alien had nothing to offer and the franchise died because he decided to make another alien movie.

dying old white man
coal burning white woman
her "son" is an autistic robot

Oh no, a sequel to a shit movie was cancelled

They said they did this because the plan long term is to crossover Aliens, X-Men, Star Wars, and the MCU through crossover films with Ric and Morty style dimentional portals.

Huh, never thought about it that way.

It was a shit movie.

I can't even tell if this is shitposting or genuine retardation, good job

>Alien:Covenant Sequel Cancelled
Fantastic news, that means they will make the Prometheus 2 which everyone was looking forward too.

prometheus and covenant were amazing. pleb filters.

Good. The Prometheus series was bad and the fans didn't like them.

What we need is a proper cinematic universe for Alien and Predator to exist in. The only canon films within said universe should be Alien, Aliens, Predator, and Predators. Proper sequels to Aliens and Predators should be made over the next few years building towards Aliens vs. Predator, which takes place in the future and shows what has become of the Predator race after humanity begins colonizing space.

good

ridley himself stated that he would much rather make a movie about the androids of the alien universe. the aliens themselves are shit.

screengeek.net/2017/10/08/ridley-scott-says-next-alien-movie-more-about-androids-than-xenomorphs/

Wouldn't that be literally...Blade Runner?

MOTHERFUCKER I KNEW IT
MOTHERFUCKER

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

THIS
Gimme my bladerunner 2049 sequel that ends with replicants being replaced with androids after their failed revolution

Ohhhh nooooo. What are we going to do without more sequels?

it would be blade runner but not so fucking slow

Ridley's jealous they wouldn't let him direct 2049 so he made Covenant and all the talk about creation and being a god in order to try and preempt its release.
(When Villeneuve was filming 2049, Ridley would literally stare at him on set, seething)

>I have grown up now and dont spend time watching movies all day anymore. Perhaps this means you can all grow up and make a life for yourself because Hollywood no longer is your friend.

Yes user, if only we could all be as mature as you making threads bitching that they cancelled a shitty unnecessary sequel for a franchise that hasn't done anything worthwhile in 30 years.

Please tell me what it's like to be an adult posting angry anti-disney threads all day on Sup Forums.

>Alien: Covenant 2 will focus more on the androids and A.I.'s as opposed to the xenomorphs

Xenomorph was boring af in Covenant though

Post a link along with the screenshot you whore

Xenodorks more like

That's because ridley is a fucking senile hack

Hurr durr, i wanted da Neil Bloomcamp fanfiction sequel I want da Alenien movie like Alien: Isolation best game

hurrr

durrr
i cant accept anything new that of course has weak points different to da Alien had, i want GET AWAY FROM HER YOU BITCH......butimgonnahateitifeveryoneelseissayingitsacopyoftheoriginalmovie schmatz schmatz

Alien: Isolation is special and amazing because you cannot turn it into a movie. I would have fully supported whatever plans Ridley had in mind for the sequels, but looks like we'll get a Disney reboot instead.

>tfw no more fassbender as qt david

a shitty disney reboot, mind you

you can turn everything into a movie

If anyone actually read the article:

>The website links to Blu-Ray.com forum user HumanMedia, who claimed in a September posting to know that Fox has indeed put the Alien franchise back in hypersleep. HumanMedia said:
>The sequel to Covenant was originally due to start preproduction this month in Sydney. After the box office results filming was canceled, and a warehouse storage unit full of stuff was auctioned off a few months ago. So the original plan of pumping out another quickly has definitely changed with no immediate plans for anything.
>The source here is a forum poster, so the report must be taken with a grain of salt. That said, it would shock exactly no one if Fox had indeed canceled plans for an Alien: Covenant followup, given that movie’s box office under-performance. Some have rallied to Covenant‘s cause in the months since its release, but from Fox’s perspective the movie was by and large a disappointment.

Tl;dr: a shitty website makes a clickbait article from a random forum poster

what bizarro Sup Forums did I step into where here liked prometheus or covenant?

remember how hyped Sup Forums was for prometheus until it came out and it was a steaming pile of shit?

If only Ridley had directed Blade Runner.

Prometheus and Covenant were dogshit, why would you want another?

Will we ever get to see the engineers again?

Am I the only one who likes the first half of both Prometheus and Covenant?

It's mainly the third act of both that lets it down

THERE IS A GOD, AND IT'S A MOUSE.

FUCK YOU DISNEY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You didn´t realize it yet ? Movies as top choice of artistis presentation is gone.

Prometheus first 2 acts were a masterpiece. Covenant was a mistake.

Disney owned studios have made plenty of R-rated movies. Let's not pretend that the greatest threat posed by this merger is that we might not see as many titties and f-bombs in super hero movies.

Nothing of value was lost.
If films like Blade Runner 2049 can't make their profits back then there's nothing left.

>Ridley shits on Disney
>Same day his movie is cancelled

NO NOT LIKE THIS

I expected it to happen. Still I feel sad.

I liked Alien Convenant. It was a mix of the exploration of Prometheus mixed with the horror of Alien.

I think Disney hates space exploration and world building.

>Woah dude it's a starmap because there are five dots in a pattern
>Yeah dude they created us because I chose to believe they did because I'm a smart religious scientist
>Yeah dude let's take our helmets off in this alien temple/germ warfare factory WOOHOO now we're podracing
>Yeah let's fucking pet this hostile-looking alien wiener snake I'm a biologist
>Yeah dude space weed I LOOOVE rocks fuck how did I get lost when I made the maps?
>Woah dude Weyland's here he wants to live forever so he's going to ask this giant Ubermensch alien that's apparently wanted to kill us for 2,000 years for the secret to eternal life
>Shit that ship's taking off better ram the only possibility of escape for 2 light years into the side of it because the religious scientist said to

BRILLIANT.

Sorry I forgot to include your supremely retarded ass in this based post.
Feel free to be retroactively BTFO.

>kike brainwashing propaganda
I like this argument. But I don't think it applies to Prometheus.

OH NO NO NO NO

Unironically this.
Prometheus and Covenant were fun but the characters all acted like dumbfucks non-stop and the two films just raise so so so many more questions than they answer

>egregiously boring walking and door opening simulator with muppet-tier AI
In b4 fuck off back to Sup Forums

>muh mystery box
It’s almost as if fans eat this shit up.

Good. Ridley Scott deserves to be remembered for setting up a prequel trilogy that he fucked up in every way possible. A shitty beginning an even shittier middle which pretends the beginning didn't happen and a finale which never got made as a result of poor reception.

I think it was more hubris than anything. Ridley just uses the script to the best of his ability. When the script is shit, it shows.

This is good

LMAO

David was a sympathetic Nazi. That shit wasnt going to be allowed to continue.

fpbp

Funny that you mention that line when saying how fans of the original films can't accept change since Aliens compared to Alien was far more of a leap than any of the other movies. It straight up changed the genre of the movie itself from horror to action.