Titans #11 Preview

Part one of the Lazarus Contract.

Booth variant

>Alex
Ah, this is the same editor who has to constantly add notes to every page of Deathstroke to remind the reader of events that happened many issues ago

>time to mother me
This is Priest writing this part

I dont want to see SladeWank.

I know this is how pre FP grant died but I thought Jericho killed him post FP

This is going to suck,.

Wow. So it was original Teen Titans that fought Ravager, not New Teen Titans one.
Ok, I guess. It doesn't change anything

This is a sequel and a retelling of the original

For anything postFP that hasn't been mentioned in Priestroke I would just ignore it

>Chinspike killing ravager didn't happen
i'm disappointed

>It's a Jason Todding

Higgins run is underrated

>I dont want to see SladeWank.

Slade is going to singlehandedly crush the grown up Titans like no big deal. The Teen Titans will then save them, leading into The Teen Titans issue. Slade does something tricky, gets the better of the Teen Titans, and steals Black Wally's Speed Force connection at the end, leading into Deathstroke, and it'll all wrap up with him failing to save Grant, coming back to the present, and giving up the power as he recruits Wally in Teen Titans Annual #11.

This is a Deathstroke story, the rest of the people in these comics are supporting characters to his greatness.

I don't know if it will be that wanky. Priest has been measured with how he allows Slade to keep keeping on. Go back and read the Superdad issues.

We already know Slade gets Speed Force powers. That inherently implies he outsmarts and beats both the Titans and Teen Titans. This is a story about Slade's stupid dead kid. One of the Wallys is jobbing out to Slade so the story can revolve around him, which implies him dealing with the rest of the teams somehow.

Slade and crossovers almost always end in unbelievable Deathstroke wanking. He's awful and taints anything outside of his own book and always has.

So, Slade does actually cares about his kids.

I honestly could see Slade losing, but black Wally giving him the speed force out of pity which is why he gets kicked off the TT.

I guess we'll see though.

If he really cared about Grant then Grant wouldn't even be there.

He cares in his own messed up way.

He didn't even fight back against Joey in Deathstroke latest issue.

Slade cares about his kids but is too messed up to actually help them. He winds up ruining their lives by accident and sometimes on purpose.

He was fucking his own son's fiancée.

Slade is a narcissistic sociopath, he cares for them in a completely selfish and toxic way.

If they pull the "I'm an evil dad but I just want to see my son" and Wally thinks about Daniel I could see it not being tripe. But I'm just too skeptical of Deathstroke Titans/Teen Titans stories.

Well yeah but his son is gay and wasn't fucking her. Someone had to give her the Wilson dick.

Joseph is bisexual, he was fucking her.

DC crossovers since Rebirth started were all very underwhelming so I'm going to have the lowest expectations of this.

The only good writers in this cross-over is Christopher Priest, so... and also this is an cross-over that is redoing an iconic story line from the past. No fucking way it's going to be good, specially with all the stupid retcons done by writers that aren't even sure about what's canon or not currently.

They're not redoing anything. At most they're just implying that some of Deathstroke and the Titans' history is recanonized.

Recanonized while changing stuffs to fit the current status quo that the writers aren't even sure about.

They're going to do some very minor flashbacks to NTT stuff. That's it.

You don't know that and they're already changing stuffs in this preview.

That's the thing. If the writers had a plan for what the new canon is, fine, but nobody shit about what's canon and what's not anymore or what will be canon in a few months. So you've a bunch of mediocre writers trying to bank on an iconic story while changing stuffs to fit the new status quo that is murky as shit.

Nothing good can come out of this.

I think you should calm down. Priest posted on his blog a year ago that they were discussing and plotting the specifics of this arc. It's not being rushed or anything.

If it makes things worse in the end then so be it and go ahead and shit on it then, but it does no good to talk doomsday before it happens. It seems like their intent is to be careful as they re-establish the history.

What iconic story are they banking on, again? Did you think Grant Wilson was an iconic story from the Teen Titans lore? Because it wasn't.

It's just a generic Titans/Deathstroke comic. There's no big Judas Contract schtick going on here. It's a story about Slade being a shitty dad, which is the running thing with the Deathstroke ongoing.

Priest's the only good writer there. Abnett has been doing nothing but redoing old storylines and making them worse. Percy's just being mediocre. I've no faith in this cross-over.

Judas Contract isn't a superb story, but i know for sure this will make it look outstanding in comparison.

Fuck, Booth's art alone makes Judas Contract already look 10 times better.

Booth's only on art for the first issue of the crossover.

This isn't Judas Contract.

It's something much worse.

>no Starfire, no Beast Boy, no Raven, no Cyborg

I bet they aren't there in the flashback because the editors and writers have no fucking idea what these characters past are supposed to be like.

You were bitching about how they're doing the same thing. I point out how you're wrong and you just move the goalposts.

If you hate everything to do with Titans then don't post in a fucking Titans thread you miserable baby.

This is the start of Roy getting cucked rigt?

It's what I was worried about after the Reborn crossover. Continuity is going to be a bigger mess than before.

So, wait a minute...
I haven't read Priestroke yet, but I'm interested in the crossover. I've seen a page here where Damian mocks Slade for cutting his son's throat (and killing him?).
Which son was that and when did that exactly happen?

That Damian thing was awhile ago and is being retconned out to suit this story.

This is the perfect example on why editors have to add notes all the time.

Roy getting cucked doesn't happen for two months.

Joseph (Jericho) had his throat cut by someone because Slade finished a contract against him. Joey's mom then shot Slade in the head.

Joey is the son who got his throat slit

No it's not

It wasn't retconned at all.

The son was Joey, "Jericho", who is mute because of that.

Slade didn't cut his son's throat, but he indirectly caused it.

Well I remember it was supposed to happen in #13, figure it'd start here

Huh so Slade remembers how Grant died now.

Got it now, thanks

Wally was kind of close with Donna in the annual, but I'm pretty sure it will be an outside source causing them to actually interact romantically rather than genuine cucking.

My money is on Omen doing it because she wants him to be happy.

Omen wants him to bang her, though.

If it was Lilith I think it'd go a different way.

I feel like she has accepted that he doesn't want her anymore but will want to do something for him since Linda isn't exactly an option right now.

these titans sleeping around is making my heart hurt. I wish we can go back to the 2005 era

If you're going to mind rape someone into banging someone might as well be you if you're hot for them. One less mind to rape.

Maybe she's trying to be nice to Donna and knows Wally's got a magic vibrating dick from firsthand experience.

Why does everybody want to mindrape Wally? Is the magic vibrating dick THAT good?

Raven didn't even want the magic vibrating dick. She was just being manipulative and hurtful for her own personal safety.

>Is the magic vibrating dick THAT good?

yes

There's no mind-rape. Wally and Donna are going to hook up because Donna just learned that all her past was a fabrication created by Wonder Woman, and since Wally had all his past erased in some way they're going to relate with each other and get all hot and bothered thanks to it.

That's all there is to it. So Roy going to get pissed because he likes Donna, Roy and Wally are going to fight, Wally's going to realize that although fucking Donna's tight pussy is nice he still misses Linda, and then Donna's going to be left all alone to pick up the pieces of this messy love triangle and drama since Roy going to give her the cold-shoulder for being a bitch and Wally's going to pursue Linda.

It's not like Roy and Donna are even officially anything. Roy's kept her at arm's length despite her rampant attempts at throwing her vagina at his dick.

I'm actually okay if Wally moves on from Linda desu.

The problem for me is that I don't really want him with another hero or even some new OC but avoiding the Hawkman situation would be good so it's ok if he just generally dates but it's nothing serious.

I'm not convinced this won't be mind-rape though.

So did superman reborn affect the Titans?

It hasn't affected anything besides the Superbooks and mostly won't matter outside of that. You'll just get something down the line like a JL Secret Origin where they retell the new origin in more detail because it's a mini that would make money.

>wrecking teen titans
>suddenly got heart attack
>somehow this is teen titans fault
What in the fuck? You telling me, this guy who killed people occasionally actually holding a grudge to the team he wreck?

Dammit deathstrokefags, don't you see they degrading your character?

Well Wally did have a team up with Superdad who remembered him

It's just Donna being thrown under the bus much like Diana for messy love triangle bullshit.

>people are actually excited for this
Also I wish Dick had a better Robin costume.

She is a barely a character anyway.

Who? I see more negativity.

Deathstroke is a villain and an asshole

Yeah but he's a professional asshole. Not this cheesy shit.

Shit taste.

Yeah but as of Reborn he wouldn't remember him anymore, since Superdad is now just another New 52 dude and his shared history with Wally no longer happened to Supes.

According to editors and writers, this is how things go:

The original Titans that everybody forgot about: Dick, Wally, Roy, Garth, Donna and then the literally who like Lilith, Mal and Karen.

Then the new Teen Titans from the New 52: Tim, Kon, Bar-Tor, Cassie, Miguel, Kiran, Celine, Gar, Raven, the new Power Girl i forgot the name.

Cyborg was never a Titan and Starfire despite what was shown in RHatO seems to never have been a Titan as well, not until now in Damian's team.

That's why you don't see Superboy in Superman's new continuity when they reference the Death and Return of Superman. The new and only Superboy is the shitty Scott Lobdell's version.

THIS ART STILL SUCKS AND I HATE IT

>I know this is how pre FP grant died but I thought Jericho killed him post FP
Rebirth'd.
Don't question it. Enjoy it.
Next we'll get Raven and Gar back as members of the real Titans generation and everything will be right in the world again.

He feels bad that his shit parenting led to Grant's death, but instead of processing that like a normal human, he decides that the best way to make up for all the years of shit parenting by finishing Grant's final mission.
Of course he probably doesn't admit that to himself, so he justifies it all by blaming the Titans for Grant's death and swearing vengeance on them. That way he gets to kill them without admitting that it's all an attempt to apologize to his dead son.

Redoing?
Everything was retconned out in Flashpoint. This is restoring and recontextualizing key events in the history of Deathstroke and the Titans. It's not meant to redo the Judas Contract, it's just giving enough flashbacks for us to make our own Rebirth headcanon for the New 52 Clusterfuck.

Grant's death is the entire reason behind Deathstroke's Titans hate. It fueled like 4 major storylines and was the seed that gave us Nightwing/Deathstroke as frenemies.

Everything in the New 52 and Rebirth has shown that Starfire was a Titan at one point. There's a time period that hasn't been shown. Dick still becomes Nightwing, you know?

That's fucking retarded.

Damn I love Booth. This dumb paneling looks more retarded than usual

Slade Wilson is more emotionally stunted than 10 Bruce Waynes. It works because it's retarded.

I like that Deathstroke's dumb pirate outfit is still canon

Based Priest

>What is a pizza fish?
Roy had every intention of killing him there. That shot wasn't aimed to just incapacitate.

>Everything in the New 52 and Rebirth has shown that Starfire was a Titan at one point. There's a time period that hasn't been shown. Dick still becomes Nightwing, you know?

They'll never address it because she's from the nebulous era of the original New Teen Titans.

He got upgraded by HIVE to beat them, no?

It's pronounced "Will-hain." It's French.

>Everything in the New 52 and Rebirth has shown that Starfire was a Titan at one point. There's a time period that hasn't been shown. Dick still becomes Nightwing, you know?

They edited that stuff out of the trades. All we know is at some point Dick and Starfire fugged. Doesn't mean she was on the Titans. Wally fugged lots of girls who weren't on the Titans.

But it's literally a sore loser thing to do when you kill a lot of people but when 1 people you know got killed, you threw a tantrum.
And worse, he blame to another person.

Wonder what causes black Wally to have a fallout with his TT and join Slade's team after this crossover.

>What is a pizza fish?

The "Who watches the Watchmen" of Rebirth

He's going to have a crush on Raven and she's going to shut him down and then have a cry about how much she wants to suck his big black vibrating speedster dick. Then he gets pissy as hell and fucks off.

Thank you Atlanta96 for that thrilling piece of insight