youtube.com/watch?v=6y2gdLDzjt0&ab_channel=AdultSwim
youtube.com/watch?v=zZ1WyBGG_Vw
youtube.com/watch?v=Cwx_Qq56YTA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

IS HE COOL?

>no Guardians prequel were we see yondu teach peter some tough love
>mfw the ravagers have a sex talk with peter

Yeah, he's cool.

So overpowered they had to write him out of the story.

A real shame.

Well, this got spoiled for me quickly. So Yang Wen-Li and Reinhard die in LoGH.

>sex talk
They almost certainly just sent him to a whore to teach him.

Who?

He probably lost it in an alien robot whore house. Or something like Cyclops, where he stumbled on alien girl his age.

TFW we will never get a teenage space pirate movie

The fuck is his suit made of? Looks like a hand erupting from his chest.

WTF man I haven't even gotten that far in the books!
Naw its cool. It's a decades-old spoiler and I saw it in the OVAs

At the end of the movie I thought back to that scene at the end of 1 where he finds out Peter tricked him with the troll doll and he gets that "That's my boy" smile on his face.

TYBY

Magik. I can't recall what issue but the 05 X-Men were under Cyclops. Since they only had one suit, they had gotten old and smelled. So Magik made them new ones.

It's kinda sad that so many people is gonna know Michael Rooker as the blue guy from GOTG.

> Not Mallrats or Walking Dead.

Not me. I thought it was Woody Harrelson under there.

Nah he's the monster from Slither for me.

Given that Vol.2 implied that Ravagers frequent brothels, they likely ran in and did a cooler dunk on Peter as soon as he blew his load.

Wait, he was the chocolate covered pretzel guy right? Brandi's dad?

You think more people watched that than GOTG 1 & 2?

Would it count as losing your virginity if you did it with a robot? But that logic using sex toys would count.

>kinda sad
Why?
He did an outstanding job in this and got some of the best lines in the movie.
>"Ego may have been your father, but he wasn't your daddy."
>"I KNOW who you are, boy, because you're ME."
>"I've never done nothin right my whole life. You gotta give me this."

He totally stole the film from Chris Pratt.

Joke's on you.

I haven't memorized everyone's name yet.

Because he's made way better movies.

GUYS....
I just checked his IMDB....
>2018 Avengers: Infinity War (filming)
>Yondu

He was kidnapping children and selling them to a homicidal space god.

from Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer to Disney movie hero

Probably a flashback with the original Guardians?

random characters might get ressurected

Infnity gauntlet can do all sorts of shit

If you remember the original Infinity Gauntlet story in the comics, it was a bloodbath. A shitload of A-List heroes were killed, liquified, turned into toy blocks, etc, etc. They could do that because a story hook like the Gauntlet meant that any damage done could be completely reverted by the end of the series.
Sure, it could just be a flashback.
It could just as easily be Thanos resurrecting Yondu so Peter is forced to kill him. Or Peter resurrecting Yondu to help fight Thanos. Or Loki resurrecting Yondu to fight Hawkeye. Or pretty much anything else they want to do with the INFINITY GAUNTLET as an excuse.

How does he know about Mary Poppins?

Because Quill said "You look like Mary Poppins" to him.

Would you rather people know him as the racist from The Walking Dead? Because I kept calling him Blue Merle during the first movie.

I almost cried when he got a ravager funeral
>"YEA!"
Best scene in any mcu film

>was actually excited that he will join the team
>thought he will be in the next movies too
>was already good in gotg 1
>becomes my favourite character in gotg 2
>he dies

FUCK THIS GAY EARTH

> i'm glad we didn't take him to his daddy, that guy was an asshole
What an understatement Yondu

>make sure to see the new Mary Poppins Returns in 2018 and to buy lots of Apple stock before they buyout our company

seriously Disney?

>Zune
>Apple
lol?

What's LoGH?

it was funny because the zune didn't become nearly as popular as the ipod.

variety.com/2017/digital/news/apple-disney-acquisition-rumor-1202029827/

The fact that they had him roll with it like that hit me really hard.
Like, they easily could have made it
>"IS HE COOL?"
>"*snrk* y-yeah, he-he's real cool!"
>everyone laughs

But instead you could tell the intent of the line was more of a genuine compliment, rather than a joke at Yondu's expense. I dunno, I just found that subversion really heartwarming.

>Good actor and nice dude is renowned for being in one of the most beloved superhero movies of all time
>Obscure actor stars in movie based off obscure comic
>Both of these things get the love and aplomb they've always deserved
>This is a bad thing
What?

IMDB is like Wikipedia, anyone can edit it.
Take it with a grain of salt. If it still says that after some test screenings, THEN you can get excited.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if someone planted it there to disguise the Guardians twist (assuming he really ISN'T in the movie by way of flashback or ghost or whatever).

>Thanos resurrects Yondu, Peggy, Yinsen, Frigga, and Drax's wife/child to fight the heroes
>The whole time they do that "you killed me, you're the reason I'm dead" thing
>Someone (Stark or Quill, maybe) tries to wave it off as just an illusion/"DON'T LISTEN, IT'S NOT THEM"
>They outright confirm it's not an illusion, Thanos has literally brought them back from the grave, this is reality now
>The ghosts of your friends and ancestors DO exist and they ARE angry at you
They could get really fucking dark with this movie if they want to.

What could Peggy, Yinsen, and Drax's family do? They aren't fighters.

Respectively? Peggy's monster tit game, Yinsen becoming Ironman instead of Stark (that's actually happened), and sending Drax on a quest to find cookies he'll never be able to find.

This. Also, why would Yondu be upset with Pete? He happily gave his life to save him. If anything, He'd be proud that Pete was standing up to Thanos.

I always really liked that line, and now I think it's even more poignant. Yondu is trying to put on a cool-guy facade, like "oh I was gonna bring the kid to his father, but that guy was an asshole so I just kept the kid for shits and giggles" when in reality he saved Peter from destroying the universe at best, getting killed and thrown into a pit of child skeletons at worst

How is fucking Hawkeye go against Yondu? Blue Balls could take on Ultron and Loki's army at the same time.

That's the joke
It's like when your grandma gets you What's Up on dvd from the grocery store clearance section.

Drax's daughter was reanimated into Moondragon. Moondragon and Mantis were in a relationship in the comics.

How hard is Marvel trying to buy back F4 rights? I'm sure they really want to set up Galactus after Thanos.

Also shows Quill becoming more mature since he did exactly what you described just after they landed on Ego and called Rocket a trash-panda.

I was always a big fan of the idea that Thanos would resurrect some old villains and turn them into the Black Order, specifically villains killed off by the Infinity Stones (Red Skull, Malekith, Ronan, Ultron). That would be a really cool way to bring back some old villains that didn't get a lot of time to shine, and there would be the possibility of keeping them alive to use them again in the future.

Another really cool idea is having Mistress Death appear differently to each person who sees her. So with Thanos we see skeleton lady with huge titties, but for example if we get a scene from Tony's point of view he sees his mother. Thor sees Frigga, Steve sees Peggy, Quill sees Yondu, etc

MCU Drax dealing with a lesbian daughter would be hilarious, specially if she's in a relationship with hideous Mantis.

Character death really is a catch-22. If you don't like the character then the scene is stupid and pointless, and if you hate the scene then it was actually effective and serve its purpose.

I'd really like if they brought Ronan back and go anti-hero with him. So much wasted potential.

Eh, I figured Thanos could like, pervert them into twisted versions of the heroes.

>Yondu is a vicious, unfeeling pirate who berates Peter for being a disappointment
>Peggy becomes Cap-level, blames him for everything he missed while frozen, how he ruined her life with his sacrifice
>Yinsen becomes a cosmic Iron Man, tells Tony that he didn't die so that a tyrant could ruin the world with his weapons, "it should have been you"
>Frigga becomes a cold viking goddess, gives Thor the Odin speech about how he's a greedy, impulsive child seeking glory amongst lower life-forms and how, if he had been in his rightful place on Asgard, she would still be alive
>The Drax family become stoic and hate-filled, as angry and broken as Drax was when he lost them (who has become markedly more jovial since finding his new family with the Guardians)

The idea being that Thanos corrupts them to fuck with the Avengers.
Maybe a "look what I can do, submit to me and I'll bring them back" turned to a "well fuck you, time to beat up your dead loved ones" bit of retribution.

Why are we leaving Quickslav out of all this resuscitation mamma jamma?

And Coulson. Let's not forget Coulson.

>They established the Watchers in Vol 2
No way Fox tries another reboot so soon, the F4 brand is poison. After Infinity War makes all the money in the world, I'm betting Marvel will offer them a nice generous sum for the F4 rights.

Fox is gonna need to counterract the financial loss of an X-Men franchise without Jackman and Stewart.

The prequel films showed people will watch a movie without either of those in it, and will watch something with brighter colors and more flair than Bryan Singers original black leather vision.

>Thanos brings back all the old villains, kits them out with cosmic shit
>Ronan is still fucking mad
>Thanos blows up Xandar and the Kree homeworld
>Ronan ends up bonding with the GotG over their shared loss
>Revolts against Thanos, joins the Guardians

It could be done.

Can't guy just buy F4 back without the X-Men?

But I want the Kree homeworld to be ravaged by the Annihilation Wave commanded by Phalanx-Ultron.

>Avengers and Guardians have to boss rush all the dead villains
I want this.

I just mean that Jackman is a box office draw. They're still gonna make money, especially with Deadpool, but they lost a feather they've had in their cap for the past 20 years basically.

Fox has proven to be way smarter than Sony, I could easily see them cashing in on the popularity of the MCU by renting the F4 out to Marvel like Universal did with the Hulk for a while there.

>Thanos brings back all the old villains
>Ego is back
>Star-Lord gets his DBZ powers back for the duration of the fight

>Thanos would resurrect some old villains and turn them into the Black Order, specifically villains killed off by the Infinity Stones (Red Skull, Malekith, Ronan, Ultron). That would be a really cool way to bring back some old villains that didn't get a lot of time to shine, and there would b

I really thought this was going to happen, but they're actually using the actual Black Order. That said they were in talks with the guy who played Crossbones to have him back so I think this could still happen.

Everyone forgets Quicksilver.
>tfw Quicksilver is your favorite Marvel hero

>Ronan still hates Thanos so is an obvious Starscream but has no hope of taking down Thanos so just rolls with it
>Malekith comes back as Darth Maul, crazy pissed and dying to kill anything he gets his hands on (particularly Thor)
>Ultron gets a super high-tech new body with no face and guns super heavy for Tony and Vision
>Red Skull is put in charge of an elite Chitauri deathsquad, goes full Hitler-mode ranting and raving about Captain America and Hydra while the other villains give him a wide berth

I want it pretty bad

>But instead you could tell the intent of the line was more of a genuine compliment, rather than a joke at Yondu's expense. I dunno, I just found that subversion really heartwarming.

I think Peter meant it as Yondu's expense at first, but changed his mind when Yondu didn't pick up on that he was making fun of him and decided to just let Yondu have a little moment of pride.

>Thanos tries to tempt them by bringing back all their dead loved ones
>"Submit to me and you will know only pleasures" and that kinda jazz
>No pain, no suffering, no free will
>Brings back Quicksilver, Peggy, Yinsen, Yondu, Ancient One, etc.
>Brings back Uncle Ben
>Heroes are tempted, but they realize who they're dealing with and take the high ground
>Thanos gets pissed, "VERY WELL", etc.
>Peggy melts into the Red Skull
>Quicksilver begins to seep liquid Vibranium out his pores, molds into Ultron
>Yondu burns away in a storm of purple cosmic fire, Ego is left standing in his place
>Yinsen is covered in hunks of molten space metal as he changes into Obidiah Stane
>Uncle Ben is still standing, holds his hand out to Spider-Man
>He refuses
>Uncle Ben changes into the Venom symbiote and attacks Peter

Infinity Gauntlet got fucking nutty with the weird shit Thanos pulled for shits and giggles, there's like a dozen panels of Eros just getting turned into cubist portraiture. I really hope they do some weird shit with his omnipotent powers.

Would fit considering she said Drax wasn't "the type of thing" she liked.

>>Uncle Ben is still standing, holds his hand out to Spider-Man
>>He refuses
>>Uncle Ben changes into Amy Pascal and Peter a contract
Kino.

Maybe not fight him, but I would've loved to see Hawkeye and Yondu together for just a split second scene

>hawkeye shoots a guy
>Yondu walks by whistling and kills thirty guys in the same amount of time
>Hawkeye whistles sarcastically as he shoots another guy

>Thanos resurrects Ego
>"Hello... son."
>Peter thinks for a moment
>"Wait a minute..."
>Concentrates, his hands start glowing
>Builds a new Walkman
>Shiteating grin as Ego realizes what being alive means
>Thanos is just confused
>Puts on his headphones, presses play
>youtube.com/watch?v=HSh73d3TZcA
>Cosmic shit-kicking commences as Thanos realizes he just turned one of his enemies into a Celestial

The "Thanos brings back the heroes' loved ones just to mess with them" is cool and all, but what I really want is a shot of various powerful interdimensional entities gathered in a place watching the fight, ala DBZ in the saga of Majin Boo, with lots of cameos and maybe cockteases of future movies.

Ego is too big for Thanos to bring back. He's probably bring back Ronan.

Someone would have to turn into Malketh and I think Uncle Ben becoming Venom would be fucking great

maybe they bring Kraglin with them and he's still training to use the arrow. he tries to use it in battle once, almost kills a goodie, and just hands it over to Hawkeye sheepishly.

>"This is it Thanos! Dance o-
>Thanos blasts star-lord

We've been getting teases for a lot of these fuckers lately, so I hope they go all out and have them show up towards the end to try and put Thanos down. Mordo had The Staff of the Living Tribunal in Doctor Strange, and Peter seeing "eternity" when Ego fucks with him was a pretty clear nod.

My man. Pure MEAT kino

I seriously want Hawkeye to have a shot at using the Yaka Arrow and then sarcastically say some smug shit about people thinking he's useless.

>Marvel secretly got the rights to Galactus too
A man can dream

>Thanos wiping the floor with the Avengers
>Iron Man's sensors start to pick something up approaching at an incredible velocity
>Thanos turns around, expecting his forces
>youtube.com/watch?v=ln-Jq6X6p-g
>GUARDIANS
>entire time, Star Lord and Rocket arguing about whether the newer Earth music is shit or not

I'm pretty sure Death, Eternity, Infinity, Entropy/Oblivion, the Living Tribunal and the Celestials will appear in some way since they were already hinted at in past movies.

youtu.be/AmWLaFQNwVE

If they have the Living Tribunal show up, he has to be voiced by Chris McCulloch: youtube.com/watch?v=6y2gdLDzjt0&ab_channel=AdultSwim

but you can't use Intergalactic in a Star Trek movie because they mention Spock.

I can understand not knowing who like Kisserling is, but really?

>That same thing but with this: youtube.com/watch?v=zZ1WyBGG_Vw

>Fight ends
>"So who are you?"
>Spider-Man interrupts
>"Lemme guess; you're the Princes of the Universe?"
>Rocket gets upset
>"SEE? I TOLD YOU. I TOLD YOU IT WOULD CONFUSE THEM."
>"IT'S FROM HIGHLANDER. HOW COULD ANYONE HERE NOT KNOW WHAT HIGHLANDER IS?"
>"I WANTED TO GO WITH THAT BEATLES SONG, BUT NOOOOOOO, STAR-LORD NEEDS TO DO THINGS HIS WAY."
>"WE ARE NOT GOING INTO BATTLE LISTENING TO ROCKY RACCOON, INCREDIBLE COINCIDENCE OR NO. AND YOU, HAVE YOU SERIOUSLY NOT SEEN HIGHLANDER?"
>Spidey looks surprised for a second
>"What, that movie about William Wallace?"
>"OH MY GOD."

He totally meant it at Yondu's expense until he looked up and got that look on his face. You could see him finally figuring out who his real Daddy was all along.

Man, the middle part dragged a bit but the last act of this movie was fucking excellent.

Since the first movie I've always wanted a scene where they suit up into the red and blue outfits and prepare for battle as
youtube.com/watch?v=Cwx_Qq56YTA plays, with it being one long, uninterrupted shot.

Press F to pay respect

I know that all of this is the core of the superhero fantasy - the desire to have gods swoop down and rescue us from ourselves, or those who seek to destroy us, and to wilfully discard their own lives to prop up our failing, decadent societies. The ultimate in self sacrifice. A higher power personified in service of the weak and the feeble, for order and justice. But there's a subtly fascistic element to this too, as these gods more often than not uphold the laws of the society they're beholden to and do so with or without the public's approval. When the public disapproves of their vigilantism this is generally portrayed as foolishness or outright ignorance because the hero knows what is truly best for them. And for some superhero fans this is a self-insert fantasy - because what guy wouldn't want to kick society's dregs to the curb with insurmountable authoritarian force. That said, there is an implicit understanding that these gods are not us, no matter how relatable they're made out to be. They're either born with powers beyond the capacity of man, receive these powers but still accept the responsibility of becoming a saviour, or their filthy fucking rich.

So how do you make an interesting story that comments on the nature of man when the main character isn't even human. Just an inserted "perfect" ideal? And you'll note how superhero movies never really comment on morality or ideology. Whether or not the hero is doing the right thing at all, whether or not he's actually the hero, is never the focus. It's not a story about men struggling to do the best they can in a world that isn't black and white. It's just "muh daddy issues" where the hero has to struggle against personal issues that have nothing to do with the actual problem so that he's strong enough to do the objectively right thing at the end.

THAT is why they're shit.