DISNEY WARS DESTROYED BY RIDLEY SCOTT

>Has Kathleen Kennedy offered you a Star Wars movie?
>No, no. I’m too dangerous for that.
>Why is that?
>Because I know what I’m doing. [Laughs.] I think they like to be in control, and I like to be in control myself. When you get a guy who’s done a low-budget movie and you suddenly give him $180 million, it makes no sense whatsoever. It’s fuckin’ stupid. You know what the reshoots cost?

vulture.com/2017/12/ridley-scott-all-the-money-in-the-world-reshoots.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tDBr3xbgu0o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>You know what the reshoots cost?

DOUBLE THE BUDGET

Lmao he's taking shots at Rian Johnson

>mfw Disney absolutely canceled his Alien: Faggot Droid Trilogy.
Which is a shame because a third part after the ending up the second one would be a straight up horror movie.

>When you get a guy who’s done a low-budget movie and you suddenly give him $180 million, it makes no sense whatsoever. It’s fuckin’ stupid.

Rian on suicide watch

>Because I know what I’m doing.

Whatever you say, Ridley Scott director of Prometheus and Alien Covenant.

Dangerous? The only thing dangerous about Ridley Scott is the danger of wasting $12 on one of this shitty movies.

I think he's talking about the Han Solo film.

The reshoots on All The Money In The World nearly doubled the budget of that film too. Although obviously those reshoots weren't due to his incompetence or Kathleen Kennedy changing her mind 50 times a day.

It's not just Rian.

That's become the norm in Hollywood.

See the entire Marvel franchise and also Jurassic World and the Kong/Godzilla films.

They are treating these large properties like TV - Hire a scrub/yes man and then focus test a product and let professional crew members shit it out.

>Because I know what I’m doing. [Laughs.]

Finally. Rian is a yes-man, nothing more. All this talk of "Rian's story" and "nothing was written" is all bullshit. He took the gig and let his name be attached to shit he didn't do so Disney could save face after ruining Gareth Edward's movie, shitcanning Trevorrow and firing the duo behind Solo.

STAR WARS IS AN AUTHOR'S GRAVEYARD.

Untitled Alien: Covenant Sequel ( pre-production)
2017 All the Money in the World
2017 Alien: Covenant (directed by)
2017 Alien: Covenant - Prologue: The Crossing (Short)
2015 The Martian
2014 Exodus: Gods and Kings
2013 The Counsellor
2013 The Vatican (TV Movie)
2012/I Prometheus
2010 Robin Hood
>>Because I know what I’m doing.

you know ridley scott directed Alien right?
why are you here?

What if Rian is just a CGI character Disney invented to pretend they had a director when it was really their marketing executives who actually secretly direct the movie?

>"I know what I’m doing"
Has he SEEN his IMDB page lately?

>He can give it a bit more depth. Kevin — who, without question, did a great job — was colder. The humor was cooler, except he was quite nice to the boy who he walks around the park of Hadrian’s Villa. That was a nice scene with Kevin. That was the softest I’ve seen Kevin.

>Spacey gone soft when working with the boy
Really makes me think

i love both of these movies. Fuck the snobbery.

>Girls swallow cocaine capsules
youtube.com/watch?v=tDBr3xbgu0o

>Alien was good
>All his other movies must be good, right?
You know Ridley Scott has directed a lot of really shitty movies in the last 15 years, right? Alien was great, but most of his movies after that were terrible, and his own sequels to Alien are downright shit

>he made this one movie 40 years ago

>>Has Kathleen Kennedy offered you a Star Wars movie?
>>No, no. I’m too dangerous for that.
>>Why is that?

Savage

too dangerous to their box office revenue

Denis Villeneuves hould helm his own Star Wars movie.

Or maybe they should give that one guy who made Brick and Looper a shot, those movies were pretty good.

Nigger.
>Black Hawk Down
>Gladiator
>Alien
>Blade Runner

This reminds me of chandler from friends

>When you get a guy who’s done a low-budget movie and you suddenly give him $180 million, it makes no sense whatsoever. It’s fuckin’ stupid. You know what the reshoots cost?
Uh isn't that what they did with Villeneuve and 2049? A movie which Ridley directly worked on?

>Director of famous horror movie is "too dangerous" for children's Disney movies
Wow, impressive, literally /ourguy/ xD

Has anyone else noticed just how far up his own ass Scott is these days? Just watch any of the interviews about Prometheus and Covenant. I'm actually surprised and impressed we got BR2049

I love how few fucks old man Ridley gives

God that movie is going to suck. they should have gotten hanz gruber for the part.

Yeah a long time ago. He's churning out shit left and right now.

The most recent example of those is 17 years old

Shots fucking fired

He does, he just doesn't know how to pick scripts. But then that's not his job description.

TWICE THE FALL

No

>
Exodus was unironically kino

Both made on time and under budget with absolutely no incident. Prometheus made profit and Covenant, shit as it was, broke even. Also let's not forget this is the man who also made The Duellists, Alien, Blade Runner, Legend, Black Rain, Thelma and Louise, 1492: Conquest of Paradise, Gladiator, Black Hawk Down, Matchstick Men and Kingdom of Heaven. Some of his films have made 10x their budget back, not to mention how respected (rightfully so) he is as a filmmaker. He's a consummate professional who knows exactly what he's doing behind the camera, if not in the writing room.

this the guy who gave us Prometeus and Alien Farming Simulator

He knows all about destroying franchises.

Covenant is TLJ of Alien Franchise

>straight up horrible movie

you know Alan Rickman's dead, right?

I don't get your point, all of them are far better than TLJ.

kek

>DOUBLE THE BUDGET
>TWICE THE FALL
They'll continue to play this game until it all comes crashing down.

Wrong.

Ridley is famous for picking great scripts and then ruining them with rewrites.

When he's working fast and pumping stuff out and doesn't have time to rape the scripts, they come out okay.

Robin Hood is probably the best example.

>Hot high concept script
>It's an action comedy
>What if Robin Hood is actually the bad guy and the Sheriff is the good guy dealing with bad PR
>The lead roles were meant to be played by the same actor

>Ridley buys the script for over a million dollars

>Doesn't get the plot - why is Robin the bad guy?

>Rewrites it to make it historically accurate

Do you think Scott would be better with a collaborator? Someone who will write the scripts and deal with actors while he sets up the shot.

wait you listed martian as a negative ?

Riddle Scott is a great film maker, if only the screenplays he used were great all the times

piss off

>Hot high concept script
>It's an action comedy
>What if Robin Hood is actually the bad guy and the Sheriff is the good guy dealing with bad PR
>The lead roles were meant to be played by the same actor

this sounds like some max landis meme shit

the director's cut to robin hood was kino. not quite kingdom of heaven dc, but good. ridley is the master of swords & sandals movies at this point, he knows his shit

His movies are mostly shit but I can't help but crack a smile when I read about old man Ridley's antics he and Cameron are truly the last of the great gentile directors

>Anthony Ingruber

It precisely WAS some Max Landis meme shit.

That was the entire point.

Ridley managed to completely fuck it up with this retarded rewriters. He has done this his whole career - Prometheus being another example.

Both version of Kingdom Of Heaven are shit, as are both versions of Robin Hood, you contrarian edgy faggot.

>both
Both? Are you talking about the theatrical and regular release?

>Kingdom of heaven is shit

You wanna know How I know you're a sub human piece of dog trash?

>too dangerous
Yeah, because his brain has been destroyed by all the alcohol he inhales. Sure, he made a couple good movies, but now he's a piece of shit hack.

>about to make a historical movie
>rewrite it into an early 2000s Bush criticism
pottery

No, I'm not alt right.

This all of this.

It's not that great desu. I've watched it many, many times because I'm a sucker for a medieval setting but if I look past that it's really pretty mediocre.

> defending meme shit
> defending stunt casting muh same actor playing the opposites
> wanting a robin hood parody when men in tights is the definitive one

ridley saved that piece of shit script. crowe and mark strong was based as fuck in it

this is just a bad opinion

I'm talking about the theatrical and directors cut, of which there is little difference, and of which both are utter dog shit.

>le it's shit therefore it's good

Wow. You're so unique.

>You wanna know How I know you're a sub human piece of dog trash?

You pretend to like bad movies so you can seem unique on Sup Forums?

Meanwhile....

>Rian Johnson got to do literally whatever the fuck he wanted creatively

Stay in your senile bubble you fucking old bitch. Alien movies are suck

>Ridley saved the piece of shit script

>By making an unbelievably awful movie

This is some Last Jedi tier "you have to destroy it to save" it stupidity.

He hasn't made a good flick since Alien, and I suspect that one was a fluke.

I have never once in my life liked that movie but I think it's mainly because I find sigornee weevil hideous.

And we all saw how great that turned out.

But he didn't really. The porgs and the animals and the shit that is to be turned into toys, that's all Kathleen and Disney.

It's a fantastic movie.

It's just not Robin Hood.

It's abundantly clear he wasn't given anywhere near the freedom they want you to believe he had. Its just PR nonsense.

But it's terrible. It's so bad it's funny.

Ridley Scott has made nothing but garbage for the last 15 years. As much as I hate what's happened to Star Wars, I hate what Scott's done to ALIEN even more!!!FACT!!!

So the entire hour something added is little difference? I'm really asking, because i've only seen the director's cut.

Prometheus and Alien Covenant is how you take a famous franchise in a new direction with grace and integrity. Disney should take note from him and not get in his way.

Covenant sucked ass but based Ridley is shitting on nu-Wars

>"Do you feel in charge?" The small guv rises
>"Alright you got yourself the directing job, what's the next step in the master plan?" Asks Kathleen
>"Casting Russel Crowe"
>*Slow mo close up shots*
>"WITH NO RESHOOTS"

>Flops

>that spacing

Ridley nooooo the mouse gonna kill you look at Lynch he isn't having awards anymore

Hurr durr, i wanted da Neil Bloomcamp fanfiction sequel I want da Alenien movie like Alien: Isolation best game

hurrr

durrr
i cant accept anything new that of course has weak points different to da Alien had, i want GET AWAY FROM HER YOU BITCH......butimgonnahateitifeveryoneelseissayingitsacopyoftheoriginalmovie schmatz schmatz

The first Alien movie is extremely overrate. Alien Covenant is flat out shit

of course buddy

>>Rian Johnson got to do literally whatever the fuck he wanted creatively
>he believes that

>>Rian Johnson got to do literally whatever the fuck he wanted creatively

*inhales*

Good banter, but his legacy is two movies he made over 35 years ago. Gladiator? Give me a break.

Prometheus and Covenant are shit, and that has nothing to do with Blomkamp's cancelled sequel.

lol
what a waste of trips

>disney buys starwars for over 4 billion
>lets rian johnson do whatever the fuck he wanted

he's defected to the Russians. there's no other explanation.

>just turn your taste off, bro :)

theyre pleb filters. and youre a pleb.

Sure mate I'm just gonna give ya 4 billion franchise to play around in the park isn't that nice? Oh make sure to use this contract helmet it sure is fancy alright also come home before 5:00 pm exact or else that fancy helmet will trigger something jolly bad Ho Ha

okay.

His late brother didnt fuck around with his movies.

fuck off ridley

blown the fuck out. absolutely based post.

as much as you can dislike his last few films, he's competent and not delusional and knows what to do when he films. scripts? that can be discussed.

TLJ was shit but Ridley Scott should be one of the last ones to say anything. His past few movies have all been garbage

ridley may have made some really bad movies but god damn i love how he doesn't give a fuck.

>marketing executives
If only, Disney movies are made by an algorithm. Ok, "made" might be a bit too much (for now), but screenplays are fed into this thing which churns out a performance prediction. Clearly, it fucked up this time, but that's what happens when you assume all IPs are the same as Marvel.

>Prometheus and Covenant
>Competent
only technically. not by any other movie making standard, like script, characters, story, etc

At first I think he's right but then I remember he did Alien: Covenant.

>it broke even

Such a high standard.

>It's just not Robin Hood
So in other words it's a terrible movie. Maybe he'll buy a script for Troy and not set it in Troy lol. I laughed when I finished watching his version of RH and it wasn't until the very end of the movie that he actually used a bow. Talk about some retarded bullshit.