Just watched this in the cinema...

Just watched this in the cinema. Holy shit I've never witnessed a franchise I loved be destroyed and raped like this before. And the critics gobble this shit up? The only good thing about it was the visuals.

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/news/lucasfilms-force-kathleen-kennedy-reveals-an-executive-team-more-50-percent-female-953156
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Who is she what is her purpose in this movie? Will never see the movie so im curious.

same

Did we go to the same cinema? In harrogate?

Yes I agree it was shit. And you can clerly see disney paying off the jewish reviewers.

You're just a racist and a sexist that's why deep down you didn't like it. Go back to your safespace, SW is too deep for you.

My reaction exactly.

I thought Sup Forums was shitposting all week but it was worse than I was expecting it to be.

6/10

And you gave them money for it. So they still win.

90% of.critics are paid shills with no.journalistic integrity at all. The other 10% are fad following retards who want to appear to like popular things. So literally anything released that has "star wars" on it will get good reviews from those fucks.

This is literally me right now. I went to the cinema with low expectations after reading up a few spoilers and I still left disappointed.

By the way, does anyone happen to have the webms of superman Leia and the superman hyperspace Leia edit?

I think the critics just don't understand what is going on. If they had simply remembered the content of the movie they preceded this, or understood anything about the Star Wars universe, they'd probably agree that very little in this film makes sense.

how can people watch tfa and still pay to see the others in the cinema?
tfa was fucking awful, its your faults for still giving them money even after than monstrosity
rogue 1 was a shit star wars film but an alright flick

>Ummm sweetie this is the womyn's resistance #resist ummm you need to get out of here sweetie

I mean they even gave her tumblr hair.

To slay toxic masculinity

The franchise was killed as soon as Disney got it. The very moment they took control, their first step was to destroy the EU entirely. Years worth of back story, characters, lore building, all yossednin the trash so they could just do whatever hey wanted without having to pay attention to any of it.

Then the movies started coming out...
Rehashes with Rey being this force god out of nowhere, something even Anakin wasn't. Even he had to learn to use force powers and could just instantly pull advanced powers oubof thin air like Rey...

Finally, Disney got the distribution rights to the ot and prequels when they acquired fox. It's all totally over now.
Now Disney can make edits of the old series with more female friendly shit shoehorned in. They can pull their usual "vault" bullshit and keep the Dvds anBlu-ray releases as expensive as they want forever.

It's just over lads.

I enjoyed this children’s movie made by Disney for children, it was pretty entertaining. You faggots are really gonna act like any of the prequels are better than this flick lmfao please

You see all these nu-fans being slaves to the merch?

Disney through its corporatism has essentially killed the old guard of SW fans.

Better than episode 1, 2, 4, 7 and possibly 5.

No?

I fucking HATED TFA for what it did to Star Wars.
How much will I hate TLJ?

TLJ is worse

Makes you appreciate TFA

>i enjoy this children's cartoon i'm smarter than you idiots :)
lol

even more because the movies forces you to actively hate the characters.
That and the plotholes manage to ruin the prequels and the OT

Because if they leave a negative review, Disney can revoke their early-review privileges. Studios have done it before.

Take note: a large fraction of the "positive" reviews on Rotten Tomatoes boil down to "it's garbage but I enjoy this hot garbage, 10/10." The reviewers can't give anything better than faint praise.

no you don't understand you need a high iq to enjoy a childrens flick you basement dwelling weeb who somehow also manage to purchase our products

You know, I thought that, if someone was to ever make a new trilogy of movies set after or before the originals or the prequels, they would adapt something from the EU. There was so much potential in all of it, such a vast universe to take from, so many interesting characters and eras; Darth Bane and his apprentice, Mara Jade and her story, even Old Republic stuff. But they squandered it all for muh Rey, muh Finn, muh Emo Ren, and muh dumb-and-easily digestible story with no deep meaning or themes. But at least it was pretty, right? Any hope for a Sith-perspective movie has long since died

>The franchise was killed as soon as Disney got it. The very moment they took control, their first step was to destroy the EU entirely. Years worth of back story, characters, lore building, all yossednin the trash so they could just do whatever hey wanted without having to pay attention to any of it.
And I'll never understand why they did this. Why not just take the EU stuff and adapt it to film, like Marvel does with their comics? There are literally so many novels/comics/games/etc. that they would have decades worth of material, no originality required. Instead they give us this absolute bullshit of TFA and TLJ.

Disney wanted to make characters and storylines that could easily be marketable and appeal to a diverse millennial focus group. They were never interested in creating an intriguing story and deep plot lines. If they pulled content from the EU in any way, it would be "tainted" because it wasn't originally Disney, and they might have to pay royalties.

A Darth Bane or Old Republic movie would be vastly more interesting than the "original" drivel shilled by Disney.

I didn't hate it but I really don't get the critic reviews on this

TFA at least outlined a direction for the franchise to go in the future and gave you a sense like they were trying to set up some greater narrative for this new trilogy. TLJ basically shits all over that in favor of pointless meandering, more nostalgic references and postmodern deconstructionist themes.

>The very moment they took control, their first step was to destroy the EU entirely.
Good, it was an absolute fucking clusterfuck. Superweapon after superweapon, Luuke, Luuuke, the Emperor's close, and then fucking space orcs to top it off. Yes, resurrecting the Emperor and making the Empire stretch on for decades after RotJ are so true to the spirit of the original trilogy... Oh fuck no. It was utter bullshit.

>And I'll never understand why they did this. Why not just take the EU stuff and adapt it to film, like Marvel does with their comics?
They do take some of the good EU stuff and recanonize it piece by piece. They're just not beholden to its garbage parts, and thank god for that.
Also funny of you to say that, because Marvel comics (Earth-616) and Marvel movies (MCU) are entirely separate continuities, just like Legends and Canon.

t. someone who doesn't bother to follow the new canon, but considers self to be an authority on its quality

She replaces Admiral Akbar after he was sucked into space and died, his death is brushed off like it's nothing and they move on with her in charge. In the film she basically shit talked Poe, and while she was his superior so she has the right to make sure he falls in line, she didn't even explain the plan to anyone, even though explaining it would have made the escape easier and have less casualties as Poe and the others wouldn't start a mutiny.
She's not shown to be competent and I genuinely thought she was a fucking spy at first, the Tumblr hair is also silly as fuck and shes the admiral and she's wearing civilian clothing, she's just there for Wyman power even though she could have easily been a good charcater, much like most charcaters in this film

She replaces Ackbar because the audience is meant to doubt her loyalties during the mutiny arc. You would have no reason to doubt Ackbar.
Why is this so fucking hard to get?

I never understood that. Why's EU considered "not canon" now? Just because Disney says so? I don't consider the Disney Trilogy canon. Btw I've never read any EU shit, is there any recomendation / tier list to start?

i don´t care, admiral akbar can go to hell

>She's not shown to be competent and I genuinely thought she was a fucking spy at first
Yeah, and that's exactly the point - you're meant to be unsure of that, and she only clears herself from such suspicions by staying with the ship. Just like

>Btw I've never read any EU shit, is there any recomendation / tier list to start?

What era do you want to read from?

>but considers self to be an authority on its quality

"The TIE wibbles and wobbles through the air, careening drunkenly across the Myrran rooftops - it zigzags herkily-jerkily out of sight."

I pirated the camrip of this, El Ultimos Jedi.. and I still feel like I got burned even spending my time watching it for free

I'll never ever pay for star wars again, but I'll seed the fuck out of a torrent for it even though I'll never watch it. How my dick taste, Disney?

Not too well-versed in the EU, but imo the Bane novels are a pretty good place to start.

You do realize that Disney when bought Lucasfilm, it also happened to include its staff, and so, the people making Star Wars content now are the same folks that were making Star Wars content before Disney acquisition? Right? Or did you fall for the scapegoating Disney meme? It's not like Disney just took the franchise from Lucasfilm and started making their own stuff. They just fund Lucasfilm and Lucasfilm produces content under their supervision.

Anyways, the canon happens to be defined by Disney!Lucasfilm. Not by random salty fans.

*that when Disney bought Lucasfilm

Haha totally agree man. Great points. I certainly agree with all of these valid criticisms you've put forth.

Honestly Sup Forums has been a huge bunch of faggots about this whole thing. "One of the characters in the movie was a woman with purple hair" is not valid criticism. I liked the movie overall but here are some of my criticisms:

Finn and Eggroll's whole arch of the story was pointless. Absolutely nothing came from what they did. In the end it feels like a cheap shot because every scene they were in is just filler.
Luke's character was stupid for 90% of the movie. I'm okay with what happened at the end. He didn't die, he became one with the force.
Lightspeed ramming or whatever.

Now what are yours?

>Implying she did anything wrong
>Kept her plan secret from some lowly grunt to avoid the information leaking out
>This is the smart thing to do since there could be a spy onboard
>Incompetent grunt (Poe) responsible for 80% casualties in the previous encounter somehow thinks he is entitled to know more
>Starts a mutiny
>Because of his mutiny the FO ends up knowing about the escape pods
>Somehow Poe isn't hanged for treason in the end

You want to know what's really wrong about this character is how she didn't order Poe to be hanged for treason and causing major loss of life from the resistance side. That's THE plot hole.

How are they allowing SWTOR to continue? Is labeled a non canon game, i.e legends?

>in the cinema
haha sucker. Let me guess, latino?

she's Leia's manhating dyke gf

Mark Hamill once voiced Darth Bane.

So I've rewritten this reply multiple times, because each time I end up writing way too much. I'll sum up a few points quickly.

I hate the way they disrespect the jedi, sith and the Force. Rey commands way too much power for someone who doesn't understand the Force, doesn't understand any of the different ideologies associated with it, and has never been trained in swordsmanship. She has no way to carry on the jedi order, so it pretty much died when Luke/Yoda burned the sacred texts. For no fucking reason might I add.

The subplots that are built up but never pay off. Examples include Phasma or whatever her name is, and Rey's parents. Phasma was built up as a main villain, someone who was a legitimate threat. What happens? She gets 2 minutes or so of screentime, and then gets offed by Finn like a bitch. Now, Rey's parents? You know, the people who were so mysterious and whose real identities everyone was eager to see? Nah, just kidding guys, they were ordinary junkies who sold off Rey for a high or some shit.

Also just an offhand mention to that Leia scene where she floats in space and should be dead. I don't think I need to give a reason as to why that scene is dumb.

Anyway, I've got many more criticism, so this was only a few. Not going to write them all up though, but just understand that I felt like this movie really didn't give two shits about what I felt like the original trilogy was about; that of spiritual enlightenment, redemption, the journey from zero to hero, eastern philosophy, meaningful relationships between characters (When I saw Luke and Han together in the end, I truly saw two best friends who had been through lots of shit but had come out stronger because of it. In this way, they were relatable and therefore likable. When I see any of the new characters, I just see caricatures, archetypes and diversity quota-hired robots that aren't relatable at all, and therefore unlikable pieces of shit.), and so on. Hope this helped you.

>They killed off Ackbar[/spoilers] instead of having him do what this... thing does.

I never doubted her loyalties, I only doubted her competence

>has a group of people that work to reduce continuity errors
>but we still get hyperspace ramming and force ghosts interacting with the physical world
What did Lucasfilm mean by this?

>he was sucked into space
Correction sir, thats blown out.

TFA is actually way worse than TLJ, we're just getting the Zelda effect right now. It'll be interesting when Solo comes out in SIX MONTHS and makes people nostalgic for TLJ.

I've heard they've had to reshoot 80% of Solo. It's gonna bomb hard. How could Disney fuck it up this bad so quickly?

I liked it. It took the series in an unexpected direction. To be honest, all the criticism towards the movie is based around the "not muh" argument. Therefore, invalid criticism.

>TFA is actually way worse than TLJ,
No. Setting your franchise on fire (TLJ) is way worse than a mediocre copy (TFA).

it might, MIGHT have had potential if they left the Lego Movie guys in charge and let them do their thing, but the starting concept is shit to begin with

the fact they reshot this whole fucking movie under a new director and doubled the budget last minute is hilarious, why didn't they just cancel it

I disagree, I was more entertained and engaged watching 8 than 7, where I was just bored the entire time

>data
>intoxicated

but HOW

But taking a story in an unexpected direction and subverting expectations is only good if you have a competent reason for it to happen and a good direction for the story to continue. When accessing Star Wars Episode IX, the shit done in TLJ does nothing but hurt the franchise moving forward while causing plot holes in the movies before.

>Holy shit I've never witnessed a franchise I loved be destroyed and raped like this before.
What a little bitch you are.

>perfect mary sue independent womyn protagonist who is better at force and lightsaber than luke and kylo put together and doesn't need no stinking jedi man to teach her no skill
>black janitor who inexplicably knows the secrets of the bases of the first order and bests trained soldiers in battle
>last jedi alive who everybody hoped would save the galaxy and spent one entire movie looking for revealed to have succumbed to nihilism and became a milk-drinking rambling old man (HAHA WE TROLLED YOU ALL I'M SO CLEVER)
>edgy insecure Vader-worshipping fuckboy throws ship-destroying tantrums and gets his ass handed to him by a woman with 0 training
>retarded old fuck who passes for a sith lord gets offed by his own apprentice in a scene so painfully cringeworthy I can't even begin to describe it in words
>hot shot pilot destroys star killer and goes through hell to deliver the last piece of Luke's map but must still be run into the ground by the strong womyn of the resistance because he doesn't obey them
>after minutes of floating in the vacuum of space in full on anoxia leia turns into space superwoman and forces herself back into the ship
>tumblr girl becomes military leader, devises an actual escape plan that actually works but tells no one about it and basically just says sit tight and wait for death
>several people mutiny and start putting alternative plan in the works and that's what fucks tumblr girl in the ass
>what's that? the first order has discovered the transports? just gonna sit here flabbergasted watching them destroy the ships one by one and when it's too cringeworthy I'll ram my ship into the enemy
>fucking asian woman dies but not before randomly kissing the black man outta nowhere in the most cringeworthy manner possible
>luke regains his faith in jedi religion and shows up to buy time and then just dies
>every character that isn't shit dies for thoroughly retarded reasons

DISTRESSED

#NOTMYLUKE

You will turn to the dark side if you watch it, don't do it.

>And the critics gobble this shit up?
It's not they gobble it up. They're either sjws that love diversity on screen, women in power on screen, purple hair, and themes of smashing the white male patriarchy. Or, they're afraid to lose social media followers and good favor with Disney so they praise everything just to play it safe.

It was literally the second episode of the series and they wanted to reference a terrible TOS episode

You mean that incredibly shitty episode in which Data fucks Yar and Picard ends by literally preaching "let's not fall to temptation"?

I may be remembering it wrong but I thought data was imune to the space alcohol

The old films never explicitly said that you couldn't hyperspace ram shit. So when the director has a "cool" idea, he overrides the LucasFilm nerds and puts in. It's that simple.

>every protagonist had to train and improve and develop as characters and learn the force and earn the respect of the audience
>even prequel characters did this
>but no, rey is born with the force and she can control it better than a trained sith soyboy she's better than him with a lightsaber too don't you just love this woman
>all who don't love her are "fanboys" who "don't like the progressive message" and are out to "create a false narrative" and are therefore "best ignored"

It's official leftism and feminists have taken over star wars, they've ruined yet another great thing

Right. The 7th wasn't perfect, but it at least felt like a star wars movie. This piece of shit successfully ruined the rest of the series.

>They just fund Lucasfilm

Also known as producing the film. It's well known that producers have the last say since they're the ones who have the fucking money. So what if the entire staff that made the original movies is there? Disney can just tell them to do retarded shit and ignore them when they correctly point out the retardation of it all

>It's not like Disney just took the franchise from Lucasfilm and started making their own stuff.
Kathleen Kennedy and her mulatto feminist story team were never Lucasfilm employees.

>Kathleen Kennedy and her mulatto feminist story team

Tell me more

The movie in a nutshell with one word: WHY?

In my theater, during the scene where Luke contemplates killing Kylo, one brave young man stood up and exlaimed "That is not what Luke Skywalker would do". He then went on to reenact the fight between Luke and Vader from RotJ in front of the screen to show us what "true selfless Luke's heroic acts were like". He quoted extensively from the OT and Lucas-approved EU lore. An eagle named "George Lucas" flew into the theater and perched atop his shoulder. We all rejoiced and sang the 'Jedi rocks' multiple times.

The franchise has been shit ever since lucasfilm re-released the original trilogy as a cgi enhanced special edition back in the 90s with endless taco Bell promotions and lines of new toys. Since then I've endured the abysmal prequel trilogy and then the very mediocre and derivative episode 7, stop acting like Star Wars is still supposed to be good in 2017.

hollywoodreporter.com/news/lucasfilms-force-kathleen-kennedy-reveals-an-executive-team-more-50-percent-female-953156

The question literally no one ever fucking asked and if they did, could just ask the fucking actor instead of a cronyist nigger woman hired by the producer.

No you're right, and data was for some reason totally able to get schwasted

this is the worst picture ever. yuno next to admirl tumblr. fuck you my man.

>One notable area that needs improvement: No woman yet has directed a Star Wars film. ("We want to make sure that when we bring a female director in to do Star Wars, they're set up for success," Kennedy said recently.)

Yeah, a popular steak restaurant that decides one day to serve duck fetus instead of steak totally wins lmao

>you need a high iq
>Not capitalizing the letters IQ

A spy being onboard would have been a better subplot than the casino sidequest.

>Watching a movie for little girls

What did you expect?

>people are more concerned with being seen eating it than the taste and loudly assert that it's the best steak they've ever had
>restaurant continues to serve duck fetus and accuses anyone who doesn't like it of being a racist and sexist
>food analogies

Read this faggot, then, STFU.

I liked the camera shot when it moved thru the bridge from shouting person to shouting person and then out the window, was slick. Also liked the shot where everything was silent and the lighting was fucked with. Luke and Kylo had good bits storewise (mostly).
Was a crap movie made to be consumed like cheap potato chips tho, makes me sad.

>Mark Hamill regrets trash-talking TLJ regarding Luke Skywalker

Oh well.

>posting headlines as if they actually reflect what the person actually said

who /patton/ here

>"The TIE wibbles and wobbles through the air, careening drunkenly across the Myrran rooftops - it zigzags herkily-jerkily out of sight."
>it's real
This is exquisite.