Tfw 18 days since I last watched a movie

>tfw 18 days since I last watched a movie
How do you guys deal with burning out?

I haven't watched a movie in five years

I've never watched a movie

Anyone have the mutt edit of OP's pic?

>you have to actually watch movies/shows to post on Sup Forums

I don't give a fuck about Sup Forums, I just feel bad for not feeling like watching anything

I force myself to watch movies. Cinephilia has become a full time escapism for me and watching movies for the sake of having watched them is the only place I derive pleasure and self worth. So if I am burned out and will not enjoy myself anyways I watch something long and boring that I have been otherwise procrastinating because there is nothing to lose. Usually I end up enjoying the movie once I get into it.

>Cinephilia has become a full time escapism for me and watching movies for the sake of having watched them is the only place I derive pleasure and self worth
literally me, but I get stuck in the procrastinating part. I have 0 willpower

>literally me, but I get stuck in the procrastinating part. I have 0 willpower
That's why movies are great. It takes 0 willpower to sit in front of a screen. If the alternative is feeling empty and scrolling through social media or pacing around my room it is an easy choice.

I watch all my movies at 2x speed. It started a few years ago when I watched Lawrence of Arabia at 1.5x because I was short on time. Then I started doing it more often, at faster speeds and for shorter movies. Now I watch everything sped up. I'm used to it. I devour a season of a TV show in 5 hours. I can't stop. The irony is, I have time, I'm a NEET. Comprehension isn't a problem because I guess my mind got used to it. The emotional impact is probably lessened by speeding up but I don't care anyway.

I do this but with books. I'm a massive tripfag on a certain board where reading is cool

Also, forgot to mention, I sometimes go up to 2.5x, max 3x but then you're really pushing it with comprehension. If I want to really enjoy something and comprehend it more, I watch at 1.5x or 1.25x.

how do you read books on 2x speed

I will never understand how people do this. It robs the video from any sense of realism.

>watching movies for realism
pleb

Maybe that wasn't the best way of putting it. Having it on a noticeably different speed severs any immersion into a film or show; it just doesn't feel natural.

>being immersed in film
pleb

ok

Last movie I watched was Dolores Claiborne. One of the better King adaptations; my favorite is still Needful Things.

Why is this unfunny faggot's face spammed on almost every board? I was honestly neutral about him, but seeing him on every board I frequent has made me sick of seeing his retarded unfunny asshole of a face.

Even as a meme, he fucking fails.

Yeah I'm sure Bergman wanted his reality fractured at 3x speed where it is no different from anything else in the film

bump

I watched Santantango at 4x speed, pretty shit film to be honest.

this calls for a self defence situation