Which members would have the league of our time?

Which members would have the league of our time?

Other urls found in this thread:

comicsalliance.com/the-league-of-extraordinary-gentlepersons-1996-art-parody/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Probably some internet celebrity tumblrite

Zack Morris - Confidence Man

Pepe and his League of Memes.

Orlando and his amazing sex friends.

Julian Assange?

Probably Nathan Fillion, Hard Gay, Felicia Day, Patrick Stewart, Ricky Martin and Jon Tron. These guys would make magic

Edward Scissorhands I recognize, but who are the others?

Isn't that one kid from saved by the bell?

>fictional characters

Or Parker Lewis?

>tfw Agent Scully and Rufus aren't instantly recognizable anymore

>Rufus
No idea, user.

Elon Musk had better have a position in that group somewhere. the guy is the modern Thomas Edison.

I fucking remember when the idea of character crossovers and united universes was novel and exciting.

Now it's just the fucking white noise that casual nerds subsist upon.

From Bill and Ted.

The big asian guy with the rifle is Tequila from Hard Boiled.

Not sure if casual or troll.

>Tequila from Hard Boiled
Too obscure, if you ask me.

>Too obscure
The original comic is full of very obscure references alongside the most popular ones, it's appropriate.

Left to right, top to bottom
>Tron
>Max Headroom
>Scott Howard from Teen Wolf
>Inspector Sledge Hammer
>Carmen Sandiego
>Luke Skywalker?
>KITT from Knigh Rider
>Egon Spangler from Ghostbusters
>?
>Pizzazz from Jem and the Holograms
>Edward Scissorhands
>??
>???
>Scully from X-Files
>Zack Morris from Saved by the Bell
>Rufus from Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure and his phonebooth time machine
>A pokeball
>A Jurassic Park-style velociraptor skeleton
>Maybe Pulp Fiction's briefcase? Can't read the inscription

I did worse than I thought I would.

I found an article with all the names:
comicsalliance.com/the-league-of-extraordinary-gentlepersons-1996-art-parody/

Madara Uchiha, cuz he's invincible. I mean, is there a character that could even possibly EVEN TOUCH Madara Uchiha? Let alone defeat him. And I’m not talking about Edo Tensei Uchiha Madara. I’m not talking about Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara either. Hell, I’m not even talking about Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amateratsu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano’o, control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu

Why is Max Headroom in a picture frame?
Is that a female beetlejuice?

Their evil nemesis is obviously mulder

Yes, but the LOEG main characters are supposed to be as popular as possible.

>The big asian guy with the rifle is Tequila from Hard Boiled
I thought it was CIA
it should be CIA

>Luke Skywalker
Shameful.

Isn't rifle guy an aged Ash from The Evil Dead? You can't see the arm holding the weapon, so maybe?

Yeah, I realized as soon as the post went through.

Shame about his career.

No, it's pic related.

The Goth chick is the crazy girl from The Craft, Nancy

>Isn't rifle guy an aged Ash from The Evil Dead? You can't see the arm holding the weapon, so maybe?

I thought he was Ash too.

>From Bill and Ted.
From what?

But is he BLOODLUSTED?

Iron Man
Deadpool
Harley Quinn
Glenn from TWD
Shelton from TBBT
Peter Griffin
Abby from NCIS
Nic from The Fast and The Furious
Walter White

>mfw seeing hard boiled brought up today
>mfw 47 years old and almost nobody knows these characters

well I guess I'll just fuck off and die then....

>>From Bill and Ted.
>From what?
o boy,i hope you are trolling,this is like that time a guy in /tg/ didn`t knew who captain kirk was

>that time a guy in /tg/ didn`t knew who captain kirk was
What in the actual fucking fuck?

One of the characteristics of the League is that it's mostly made up of losers: messed up, street-level anti-heroes past their prime, who often had to fake their death and are pretty much the cleanup boys of a corrupt British government.

They have more in common with Task Force X than with the Justice League, so a contemporary League should probably reflects that.

I hate to say it, but a late '10s League would probably include either NC or AVGN.

>captain who?

>persons
???? are they retarded or something?

its difficult to come up with one for today, mostly because very few works of fiction are set in our time period.

the information age kind of killed fiction because of how many times a plot will be ruined by "look it up on their phone" or "call their cel phone".

the only characters i can think of our from comedy or horror and none of them stand out as culture defining.

Honestly the team would probably be something like:

Furiosa, sent back from the future but she can't remember why (she is the representative of all of our post-apocalyptic fiction, like Fallout and STALKER).

John Wick, who operates under the idea that he is just using the team for his own ends (representative of the current of the rogue badass action movie trend like The Raid, that one Cruise franchise).
James Bond, but make it apparent that he is just one in a long line of bonds. Both to represent this current "expanded universe/franchise" idea everyone is so hard on and to contrast his government serving ways with that of someone like Wick. At some point in the story a Jason Bourne agent for the US (teamed up with the Mission Impossible guys) tries to take him down.

Ellis Carver from The Wire. He comes out of retirement and tries to live up to the ideals of McNulty. Stand in for all the cop dramas/procedurals.

Hannibal Lecter, forced to work for them as part of a US government deal. The stand in for our fascination with anti-heroes.
The badguy would be Harry Potter (Moore was on the money with that one) leading an army of superheroes.

Maybe we should have a league in case the internet is shut down.

Voldemort is probably way too grandiose in scope (Magic Hitler) to work. The original league was made out just a bunch of weirdos from Victorian London, they all did their own thing and it was easy to believe they could all be in the same room.

In the same way, it's not hard to believe that James Bond and John Wick are people who exist at the same time, because they have no baggage (the "English Government" and "American Mafia" is not exactly baggage).
Instead Voldemort brings the whole "Wizard World" crap into the equation.

Although I'm gonna admit that with the current fixation with cinematic universes and coral stories it's hard finding characters that fit the criteria.

I never said Voldemort, I said specifically Harry Potter.

John Wick feels like he's getting there.

Jack Bauer
Percy Jackson
John Wick
An adult clone of Eleven from Stranger Things
Chappie

Their boss is President Herbert Garrison and their goal is to fight the Walkers from the Walking Dead.

I would said the Expandable whole cast but they are more a '80 league.

The problem with these things is that everyone forgets that the characters are suppose to be living in the era.

Any of this guys.

After all, they aren't canon

none of those are popular anymore except John Wick

>fucking Max Headroom
LOL

>Les Hommes Mystérieux spinoff never

I want wacky airship steampunk adventures and everyone getting mad at Fantomas for solving problems in the most obnoxiously evil way possible

>90s League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
>No Dude

Its more that the league of extraordinary gentlemen is about taking characters you loved as a child and young adult from their fictional homes and making them work together in the "real world", with them being as fucked up as their lives would really make them. Its about the washed up characters who were great or at least important in your childhood. The League were those of Alan Moore.

So for me I guess...

Steve Irwin
The Stig
Ford Prefect
R.L.Steine, Monster Hunter
Lyra Belacqua
Lord Darcy and His Assistant, Master Sorcerer Sean O Lochlainn (brought from the alternate universe of the Angvin empire by Lyra I guess)
Hester Shaw (also from an alternate/future universe I guess)
Tobias
Principal Benjamin Krupp
Hector Zeroni
The Djinni Bartimaeus
Paul and Barry Chuckle

I don't get it either, what's wrong with gentlemen?

>I don't get it either, what's wrong with gentlemen?

Maybe the artist doesn't like fancy people?

Which of them are British? None, I suppose?

sexist? I don't know, people is so stupid these days

One of these days I'm going to write that story of a team made up entirely of characters from Monty Python's Flying Circus.

>Dale Cooper isn't a member of the 90's league
What a fucking disgrace.

where's the 00's league?

Dale Cooper would be a member of the 80s League. The real question is why Carmen Sandiego is ostensibly a member of the 80s League despite her greatest popularity and most of her existence postdating the 80s.

Scully was a better agent

Using characters that are suppose to be around in 2007 to present day, and for extra fun using only one character per medium, I would go with:

Nicholas Angel
Zach Morgan
Lana Kane
Gina Diggers
Mike Ehrmantraut
Percy Jackson

* I'm going to add Haruhi Fujioka to my list, that was I have someone from every medium.

I'd use someone from Baccano, but they are all too overpowered.

>00's
I can see Tyler/Narrator from fight club as 00's hyde.

Our time? The 10s? The interesting thing about the League is that you're putting all these characters that you grew up with together, forcing them to work together, and then showing just how fucked up they really would be. That gives out a lot of potential, and leaves a myriad of options open to you. As for who'd I go with?

>The League:
>A divorced, recovering addict Kim (Kim Possible) as the Leader of the group. Also has massive parental issues and a lot of bitterness towards Ron.
>a retired Rambo (Rambo) practically blackmailed to serve as the hired muscle. Is just sick of it all and has a rather morbid attitude towards life.
>Bane from Batman Rises as the Nemo, he's just in it to get the CIA off his ass.
>Lestat (interview with a Vampire) as the Invisible Man. He's also their 'expert' on Magic despite not knowing a damn thing about it. Mourns the fate of the Blazing Isles and is only in it for free blood.
>Hulk as the Hyde. Both Hulk and Banner are tired old men who just want to be left alone, but their own natures make that a impossibility.

They, at first, think they're just going after generic terrorists led by Kamela Khan, a left over from the Eugenic Wars. But then the CIA shows up, and it's down down the rabbit hole we go. Oh! And Steven makes a cameo as a drug addicted Caliban begging for crack money off the street. Oh! And Ben is a fratboy.

Go away Joss

Volume 3 should've just been about the lead up to the Paris Opera House fight. With both the League and Les Hommes Mystérieux getting manipulated by the Der Zweilicht-helden into fighting and inadvertently causing WW1. Hell you could probably still keep the Jenny Nemo stuff too and end with the League getting disbanded for completely fucking up.

Volume 3 should've just been about the lead up to the Paris Opera House fight. With both the League and Les Hommes Mystérieux getting manipulated by the Der Zweilicht-helden into fighting and inadvertently causing WW1. Hell you could probably still keep the Jenny Nemo stuff too and end with the League getting disbanded for completely fucking up. Shit would end bleak, but it would totally fit the themes of the first 2 volumes.

Jesus, you hit me right where it fucking hurts.

That would have been better. The series really lost something after volume 2. Black Dossier had its moments, but Century was a disappointment.

I agree, I legit think he lost something when he moved out of the Victorian Era. Like once he moved past that original time period he just lost all restraint with the world building, muddling up the plot and characters in the process. I also didn't like making Mina and Alan immortal, it really cheapened them as characters and removed any sort of tension in their relationship cause they were the same age now.

Orlando was also an insufferable addition.

Yeah, I don't know what the fuck he was trying to do there.