Why does everyone hate her? I thought it was a good conflict

Why does everyone hate her? I thought it was a good conflict.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wbY3LStpqoI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>"Admiral, what's the plan?"
>"Your toxic masculinity needs to get off my bridge"
>"W-what? Admiral, I just want to know, as a fellow officer, just what you are planning. Our lives literally depend on this."
>"Typical mansplainer, get off my Bridge"
>"Do you even have a plan?"
>"Security remove this toxic man from my bridge"
Such a great leader

>"all white males are to be shot out the airlock immediately"
what the fuck Disney?

Her character is pointless. Everything she does in the movie could have been done by Leia and then we could have got a cool death scene for Leia. A lot of her scenes were awkward as fuck especially when she was on screen with Leia. She had no chemistry with anyone. Also as stated above she was caused all the problems on the ship by deliberately keeping everyone in the dark. The only reasonable reason would be if she felt there was a spy on board, but they never mentioned it.

Obviously it wasn't a "need to know" thing because a whole lot of joe shmoes were told about it. And once Poe learned about the plan he was immediately on board (no pun intended). If she just told Poe, he wouldn't have sent Finn and Chubby Cheeks on that dumb "Military Industrial Complex is Bad" planet, where they wouldn't have gotten Del Toro on board, they wouldn't have been caught by Phasma on the Super Super star destroyer, Del Toro wouldn't have sold them out so he could walk away free, and all of those transports wouldn't have been destroyed

In fighting amongst the Rebels is not a good Star Wars theme.

No, it was completely contrived. They invented her character traits (autistic, untrusting, communication skills deficit) specifically to create a needless conflict that a competent CO would have been able to avoid. Poe's brain is altered to make him an impulsive retard so they can bounce off eachother, all because Rian and the writers are fucking hacks who couldn't make a good story to save their worthless lives.

Artificial Conflict + fuck your internal consistency: The character

>Poe's brain is altered to make him an impulsive retard
Not even
Poe was trying to give his men the best chance they could get, and Admiral Purple hair gave the impression that the plan was just "delay the inevitable" so he approved Finn's and Chubby Cheek's terrible mission idea because he thought it was the only chance they had for an escape

I feel like she was invented haphazardly just so that Poe would be rebellious and cause some drama.

>Implying she did anything wrong
>Kept her plan secret from some lowly grunt to avoid the information leaking out
>This is the smart thing to do since there could be a spy onboard
>Incompetent grunt (Poe) responsible for 80% casualties in the previous encounter somehow thinks he is entitled to know more
>Starts a mutiny
>Because of his mutiny the FO ends up knowing about the escape pods
>Somehow Poe isn't hanged for treason in the end

You want to know what's really wrong about this character is how she didn't order Poe to be hanged for treason after causing major loss of life from the resistance side. That's THE plot hole but you little mysoginist virgins are too afraid to follow logic when it comes to this character. Pathetic.

The whole plot happened because she was unreasonably hostile for no apparent reason. Her plan wasn't even some 12D chess shit. It was 'evacuate the ship in 12 hours'. Why the fuck would you keep that a secret? You want to tell people that plan so they can start gathering up equipment and supplies.

I'm not a Sup Forums tard like 90% of people who shit on this character.

The person itself was fine, it was her conflict with Poe that relied on the laziest of explanations. Starting a conflict that is a result of one person not saying a single sentence is equivalent to finishing a story with "rocks fall everybody dies".

she´s so hot

I hate the way the dress sags around her tits. Such a bad outfit, especially for a military officer.

>So, what makes you the perfect candidate for the Admiral post?
>I majored in astrology
>Hired

>Lowly Grunt
Poe was a Captain
>Caused 80% casualties
All bombers and a few fighters lost is a better casualty list than the Resistance Fleet being obliterated by the Dreadnaught
>Poe starts a mutiny
Weird how so many people joined in his mutiny...almost as if they trust Poe more than Admiral "tight lips blows up almost all of my transport ships" Holdo

>vice admiral
>wears a fucking dress
Admiral Piett would be spinning in his fucking grave

ITT: Angry Holdominated Flyboys

>Poe was a Captain

Wasn't he demoted? If not, then he should have been for disobeying orders.

>All bombers and a few fighters lost is a better casualty list than the Resistance Fleet being obliterated by the Dreadnaught

Who's to say they would be obliterated if they ran away? I mean apparently the FO ships are slow and shit... Also you realize that you just lost pretty much all of your fleet to destroy a ship that would have destroyed pretty much all of your fleet? It's redundant.
>eird how so many people joined in his mutiny...almost as if they trust Poe more than Admiral "tight lips blows up almost all of my transport ships" Holdo
It's still treason. If there was no mutiny, then the people on those escape pods would still be alive. Court martial is required.

>disobeying orders.
He didn't, he followed Rebellions code, he rebelled.

>People thinking the bombers wouldn't have been destroyed
Kek, they were already out of the hangar before Poe decided to attack, they were lost already, at their speed they would never be able to land in the hangar again.

Why wasn't get plan to ram Snoke's ship not the plan the whole time? They knew they would evacuate it, so why not use it as a ram?

Why did you reply to me? I don't care about your issues with gay people, Rian Johnson is a hack in his own right and his movie can be completely demolished as a piece of shit without resorting to ideological arguments.

Why does she/he cover the neck? Hiding adam's apple. Here: Laura Dern - Trannysaurus Rex
youtu.be/wbY3LStpqoI

Poor was a Commander before his demotion. Also those guns were much larger and would have an even larger range than whatever the rest of the First Order fleet had, as well as it was preparing to fire at the "Not Home One" Resistance flagship.
He wasn't court martialed probably because "he's a loose cannon who doesn't play by the rules but is a damn good [occupation]"

>Court martialing the dude who singlehandedly destroyed Starkiller base
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, lets not forget Luke for not rendezvous with the Rebels and going to Dagoba instead. He went awol, court martial too.

If only they had fucking intensified it, we wouldn't be dealing with any of this shit.
>He was demoted.
He destroyed Starkiller base, found the missing segment of the Luke map, and was apparently a highly decorated officer for the Resistance. Besides the Rebels have never really been too heavyhanded with the whole chain of command thing seeing as how they made Han and Lando generals seemingly out of nowhere while Luke and Leia seemed to exist entirely outside the chain of command.
>Who's to say they would be obliterated if they ran.
I thought the whole point was if the Dreadnaught was allowed to give chase it would have used it's heavy guns to pound them to pieces. It's a trade where the rebels lose their bombers in exchange for not having their capital ships exterminated.
>It's treason then.
Yes they're rebels, all of these people evidently have something against centralized authority otherwise they would have just stuck with the Empire in the first place, refusing to tell them what's going on and seemingly planning to just wait to die might not be the best strategy to keep them working together.

Someone bellow her would have been IMO justified in relieving her for general incompetence as a CO and destroying crew morale.

>Leia: "She was more concerned with the survival of the rebellion then being a hero"
>stands there looking shocked as escape pods are blasted out of space
>only starts to do something once half of the rebels are dead

>It's still treason
Actually doesn't have to, there're instances in where mutiny isn't heavily punished, one of them is when the officer at charge doesn't do its job

>Doesn't shield the transports with the Raddus
>Doesn't even aim at the Supremacy's bridge before hyperramming

This conflict got everyone killed.

i liked how she was an original character, and not a stereotype of an old feminist

She aimed at the section of the Supremacy where Del Toro had deactivated the shields with his hacking a few scenes earlier.

If you think the flaws in Admiral Tumblr’s plotline are extricable from the director’s political messaging, grow a brain pal

>When you try to hide information from an already established hot head ex captain who's literally saved the rebellion multiple times who cares for the survival of the rebellion probably more than purpled hair bitch just because reasons not explained?

>"The future is female, so I'm glad Ackbar died!"

Wtf, how did Rian get away with it?

That unironically would have been better

Ackbar wouldn't have taken this bitch's bullshit.

1. Implying DJ did that and not simply introducing a code to be able to enter without being noticed
2. Implying Hodinformation now has omniscience

Isn't being a hero exactly what the rebellion needs tho, without someone taking charge and actually doing something the rebels will just get shot out of the sky, exactly what Poe's concerns were because the person in command wasn't fucking commanding

>Can deactivate shields from outside the ship
>Can't deactivate tracker from outside the ship
Yeah, buddy

For some reason I highly doubt that any shield in Star Wars would be strong enough to stop the kind of energy released when a cruiser sized ship is converted almost entirely into plasma. Besides it's already been established that the FO's shields can be hyperspaced right through.

She's really poorly acted. Dern was even worse than everyone else in that shit movie.

Purple Flurp was bad, but pic related was the worst new character in TLJ

LMAO this is the worst damage control yet

Del Toro - the master hacker who happened to be Finn’s cellmate and waltzed out of their cell as a gag - threaded the needle by slipping through small, fleeting gap

The Raddus was easily 500x their ship’s size at very least, didn’t even aim, and just hilariously broke space combat in the franchise forever as a lazy asspull

There’s no damage controlling this horrid writing, shill

Every single new character was terrible, including D-D-Del T-T-T-T-T-T-Toro

I actually found her inoffensive

POE'S FUCKING LAW