BR 2049 Oscar Prediction Thread

How many Oscars is this Kino going to get?!

It won't win Best Picture because that is going to "Get Out".

Best Cinematography (Roger A. Deakins) is a given this year.

Others it is potentially running include:

Best Film Editing
Best Production Design
Best Sound Editing
Best Sound Mixing
Best Visual Effects

hopefully 0

it's definitely nabbing all the aesthetic awards

I like to think it's not even going to get nominated for anything.

>Sup Forums hates br 2049 now
What happen?

Literally just finished watching it and came to Sup Forums to ask what I thought of it.

>Best Sound Editing
>Best Sound Mixing
>Best Visual Effects
it deserves these 3 but it will probably only get 1 of them

usually this would get absolutely snubbed at the Oscars but now that Weinstein can't buy statues anymore it might get 2-3

It SHOULD get several (cinematography, production design, and VFX at least), but it will probably get snubbed. It didn't get even a single Golden Globe nomination.

BR 2049 was better than Blade Runner and was one of the best films of the decade so far.

>maybe it will win best cgi...

Well this was much better than any of the other Villeneuve films. He makes interesting, good looking stuff but I never felt anything in particular afterwards. Enemy had its moments but also failed to make me care all that much. After Sicario I thought he was stuck at 50% forever but Blade Runner was completely different. Though I do think that everything that comes after the Deckard meeting is somewhat weak compared to the first half or so.

I hope it wins best direction
it was kino as fuck

Side note, anyone else sort of crushed about Sicario 2? It looks like total fucking shit, like an SNL parody of Sicario.

yep

looks like hot garbage

Reddit soyboys

blade runner threads are no fun for autists because there's nothing to meme, so they just shit on it

>How many Oscars is this Kino going to get?!
Zero.

It will flop at the Oscars the same way that it flopped at the box office.

If the academy isn't retarded it'll win
>Cinematography
>Visual Effects
>Production Design
>Sound Mixing
It will probably only win Cinematography

You have to remember there are no technical Golden Globes, ( Visual effects, Cinematography, sound editing etc) what 2049 excelled at

Honestly it deserves 10 oscars but will be snubbed
this is the first sci-fi that really deserves best picture especially in this year that everything was medriocre as fuck.
The movie is a diamond in a sea of shit.

It's a shame there's a 90% chance this won't get nominated for Best Director or Best Picture. That would be two movies in two years that Denis got nominated, would be great for recognition, as his movies are underappreciated imo.

Still would have expected Denis to be nominated for director (he'd certainly be more deserving than Ridley is for All the Money in the World), and the film to be at least nominated for best picture (especially since the GGs, unlike the AAs, have separate categories for comedy and drama). Also, IMO Ana's performance is worthy of at least a nomination for supporting actress (Joi was an extremely challenging role and she nailed it).

Best Production Design

that's it

This is pretty close to where I'm at.

I mean, Dunkirk was solid, and I guess the consensus is that The Shape of Water is, too (I haven't seen that, yet), but there's not much else out there.

0 oscars and 0 nominations. It was too problematic for Hollywood.

>some kill whitey movie will win Best Picture

Lowest ratings for the Oscars in 30+ years, incoming. Who will even watch this shitshow instead of just seeing the names of the winners on IMDb later?

just people baiting for (You)s. nobody can seriously argue that it's not one of the best movies of the year, and I would argue it's one of the best of the decade. who gives a shit about oscars though

Unfortunately either Jordan Peele or Grete Gerwig will win best director because muh diversity

I don't like to think this but I'm sure that's what will happen.