Why aren't you shitlords buying Secret Empire?!

I'm not buying Secret Empire because they wasted 12 issues of Thunderbolts building it and the team isn't a big part of the actual event while Champions and nuWasp are.

Because I'm not stupid enough to buy a 9 part event + tie-ins when I can wait for the hardcover.

I'm pretty fucking stupid, but not THAT stupid.

Because I hate event comics

Because I would rather read a comic where Batman has a button.

Isn't this that DC blowhard, who is always looking to talk shit about Marvel? He's obviously biased.

I don't think calling me a shitlord is gonna convince me to buy your book Nick

Cause Marvel is dead to me

No, he told the truth when DC wasn't selling during DCYou.

Retailers in general are upset with Marvel because they're publishing trash. Fucking Amazing Spider-Man only sold 62k last month. That's awful.

I'm too busy spending all my money on old paperbacks.

more people are buying it more than they are The Bottom

t. Marvel shill

Biggest reason is that it hasn't given me a reason to give a fuck. It's about as by the numbers predictable as it gets.

The most interesting thing so far was some dude spitting up an entire lunchbox.

But is he wrong?

I don't buy floppies+I didn't fall for Spencer's clickbait writing

>Civil War II #0 (Marvel) - 177,283
>Secret Empire #0 (Marvel) - 162,718

>Batman #21 Lenticular Ed. (DC) - 130,216
>Batman #21 (DC) - 89,256
>Total - 219,472

>Flash #21 Lenticular Ed. (DC) - 107,037
>Flash #21 (DC) - 67,766
>Total - 174,803

Why didn't you protect his smile, Sup Forums?

WHY?!!!!

I'll add that generally I'm not crazy about it becoming a big event and that has killed a lot of my interest. The Steve ongoing was good, but for the ending of this saga they really don't need to have fucking Champions and all this other shit I just have no interest in. I don't care about those characters. I just like Steve and Zemo being gay and keikaku. It should have been a small ending crossover to mirror Standoff.

why not just add Batman and Flash together if you're just going to cheat like that to make it look like you aren't failing at comics like you DChumps are at everything else

I honestly feel bad for Thunderbolts fans. That entire volume was completely pointless, the inclusion of Songbird and return of Jolt were completely pointless and all it did was put Moonstone, Atlis and Fixer right back where they were in Pleasant Hill being villain army blob. It all went nowhere

don't take this bait, children

Because i dont buy comics im not interested in. Whsts the point when Marvel basically damaged controlled saying everything wont matter.

>Reading Marvel events
>ever

I don't understand people like you. He was always going to get zapped back. The point is seeing how he'll lose (probably just Zemo betraying him tbqh).

why should I buy comics from a company that's trying to force sjw shit down my throat

knowing how it's going to end ahead of time, shockingly, does not make people more interested

I guess that's my point. You already knew it would end that way because of common sense and the fact that they were releasing Legacy news that made it clear the status quo was the same. Why would them announcing it as well change anything?

Don't be, as a fan of Busiek/Nicenzia/Ellis-bolts, I can honestly say I didn't even touch the book mostly because of the art and story (not to mention Brevoort idiot comments about the original run). I just pretend this debacle doesn't exist

I dunno, maybe people just don't get hyped up for predictable stories anymore
>inb4 some snide comment about the MCU

I avoid events.

I did decide to read it because of the drama though. It wasn't that bad. I really like the art. Though the idea of using a shield to keep people in space out doesn't make a lot of sense to me when they have a space and time teleporter.

>America can teleport
>Monica is literally made of light so light-permeable force fields shouldn't stop her anyway
>the Ultimates have Galactus on speed dial

Because it's boring.

HydraSteve took over America with no struggle or troubles whatsoever (Just like Hitler and Trump! So deep! XXDDD). The universe bends over backwards for this plot to work. At this point, Steve losing would make no ass sense since he managed to flawlessly takeover and brainwash the ENTIRE Nation.

Plus the whole event is just the minority and legacy heroes (like Sam Wilson and Miles Morale) teaming up to take down Captain America. The whole event is made to shill a bunch of failed shitty heroes that no one loves. NO ONE wants Sam Wilson as Captain America. But Spencer and is so butthurt that he wants to make Steve look bad to shill Sam. Which failed because people prefer a Hydra to BLM.

See

events are dumb and spencer isn't that good a writer

>yfw it was the rest of the Inhumans dragging down the sales

Because I'm a tradewaiter and only buy floppies for things that need the support like Nova ;-;. I might get the hardcover collection for it down the line if it turns out good overall. I like Spencer's Captain America run, but it's got the same problem as Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers. I like it, but it's just too decompressed to justify buying it. I wasn't going to buy like 4 volumes of omnibuses for one long, drawn out story for Hickman, and I'm not going to buy 4-5 trades for one long drawn out story for Spencer's Cap.

How would it make no sense? Zemo's just going to betray him and steal the cube once he accepts his husbando doesn't really love him.

Steve doesn't have the cube for Zemo to steal

Hey, I've bought every issue of The Fix, bought the hardcover for Superior Foes of Spider-man, a couple trades of Morning Glories and most of the issues of his Ant-man run.

Sorry Spencer, but I don't buy event comics on principle.

Aren't the pieces getting gathered? Eventually that will finish and Zemo will take it.

Because he's a nasty snide prick.

He has 7 of the 8 pieces, and like half the event is going to be about Steve trying to get the last piece from Pymtron before the Underground can get it.

You can take some comfort in the fact that all other comics media is bias in favor of Marvel.

They already have all but one of the pieces. The problem is that Pym has the final piece.

The fuck did Brevoort say now?

>fucking FLASH sold more than Marvel's last attempt at comicbook relevance

One More Day. I will never EVER buy a Marvel comic for the rest of my life.

Frankly it's Spencer. I will not buy a single issue writen by this piece of shit of a person anymore.

The thing that gets me here is that it really did not need to be a huge event and I have no idea how they are supposed to fill 9 issues with the story we've been getting. It has been nice as a single plot in a single book. Let it be that while you push something bigger like the X-Men Revival as the main thing.

What the fuck is wrong with Marvel that they did not for foresee this?

I have grown to distrust Marvel's event comics. These events are all billed as huge world-changers that change the Marvel universe as we know it. A classic character will be killed of, then they'll get a successor for a while. But eventually they'll come back due to high demand by fans and the new title selling even softer than what it was before. The plot is usually full of holes, and it's a cluster of trying to get some page time for all the characters involved. And don't forget about all those new #1s. What a great starting point for new fans to dive into Marvel, after the status quo has been changed and it's so easy to follow.

>tl;dr
Marvel events are overhyped, uninteresting to follow, and change things needlessly.

I haven't bought a Marvel title since Doom War. Anything I've read has been story-times on Sup Forums

>Issue 1 as is
>Issue 2 check in with the heroes stuck in New York
>Issue 3 what's going on in space
>Issue 4 get the last cube piece from Pymtron
>Issue 5 Steve starts enacting his final Cosmic Cube solution
>Issue 6 Hydravengers shake off their brainwashing/mind control and go have words with Steve, Thor picks up his hammer again before they get their asses kicked
>Issue 7 Natasha kills Steve, Miles takes the blame
>Issue 8 THINGS FALL APART because Hydra is still in control but now they don't have the moderating influence of Steve
>Issue 9 final battle with cosmic-powered Madam Hydra, Cosmic Cube rewrite at the end, things would've been fine if we just talked things out with Steve
there you go

I mean tbf, teleportation would be one of the first things I would want a defensive shield thats primary function is to stop alien invasions to do. No point in a wall if the aliens just pull a >teleportsbehindyou bullshit.

I wonder what stops them from just blowing the moon up though.

Looks like it's time for Marvel to start sending out "free" overships then. How will they blame DC for this one?
>if other publishers didn't put out books people want to read more then out events would sell more

maybe Spencer will just go off the deep end and start blaming Alan Moore and returnability

First of all, it's five bucks. I ain't paying five bucks for a shitty event just to read about Captain Trump vs the Minority Revolution that will be retconned after. I'd rather read about Superman vs Manchester Black.

>Lenticular Ed.
The fuck is this?

An image that changes when you look at it from a different angle.

Holographic cover

>mfw I was part of that collage

It has an effect where when you move the cover the picture changes. Sometimes it's called 3D or holographic.

>DC thinking they can boost sales with this kind of gimmick
They're absolutely right, I already want one now.
I fucking loved that 90's comics that had holographic covers.

hory shit that sounds cool

it was pretty neat, it goes back and forth between Batman and Flash holding Comedian's button

man, no wonder people were picking that up instead of Spencer's bullshit. I would pick that up too.

I had one in my hands, it was the same price as the regular one, and I bought the regular one.

The new Batman one is also pretty rad. It's E2 Batman looking over a dead Martha and Bruce, but it switches to Reverse Flash standing over a dead Nora and crying Barry.

. I have a short list of comic creators and editors so toxic I refuse to support their work ever again. Nick Spencer has quickly climbed to the top of that list. Even ahead of the dyke who writes America and the muzzie who writes Ms Marvel. Waid's social media is moving him closer to that list as well.

So far, the top dick wads on my Never Buy list are Spencer, anything edited by Tom Breevoort and anything published by Avatar. That's mostly because of that cuck Rich Johnson whose gossip site they own.

Why give those fuckers money? I'd donate it to the NRA or a Trump PAC in their name first.

I'm cheap enough that the extra dollar made me go for the normie one, but most of the market does agree that it's pretty cool

I thought the lenticular one was a dollar more

It is

>anything published by Avatar
but that means you missed out on Providence

Oh fuck I remember the thread where that was made.

the Age of Ultron one was better

I think Waid quit twitter. I feel you, though personally I don't really care a lot though what they do in real life as long as they're not actually a monster. Like I'm not buying Gerard Jones stuff anymore.

I'm guessing he means his store set its own price for either of them.

DChads win again!

>I care more about a writer's political opinions than the quality of the story they produce
You're just as bad as the people you hate, user.

And it sold more than GotG

not that user but I probably wouldn't buy from the artist that drew antisemetic stuff in his comics and got fired, though that's not really a political opinion.

I'm a bleeding-heart progressive liberal and I still think Nick Spencer is an insufferable twat on Twitter

I'm the same way, I'd add Dan Slott to that list too.

Fucking guy bullied a little girl because he's an insecure asshole.

>Fucking guy bullied a little girl because he's an insecure asshole.
What!?

As a Liberal, I don't mind political commentary as long as it's not forced. If it is, it's just annoying. Take Alan Moore, as a good example of how to write political commentary right. It's because he's pulling in 3 different directions and actually giving the other side a voice.

Nick Spencer is like, LEL THESE GUYS ARE THE BAD GUYS AND THEY ARE RIGHT WING, RIGHTWINGERS ARE THE BAD GUYS.

>The #1 of Marvel's new Big event selling 81% less here than part 3 of a DC mini-crossover.
HAHA

>We sold 73% of what we ordered of #1 but we sold almost 600% more Batman...
HAHAHA

>It's less than Secret Wars II #8 and just shy of Original Sin #1.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And people still think Spencer isn't going to get thrown under the bus by Marvel as a scapegoat before their Legacy relaunch. De Campi was right.

I also hope Legacy crashes and burns. Fuck Marvel. Those faggots can't even admit they're wrong and reach out to retailers and fans to say they're sorry for how things are now. Legacy is just the most half-assed and insincere version of Rebirth. And nothing's going to change until the entirety of Marvel is restructured, starting with pic.

Some girl on twitter had some commentary on Dan Slott, didn't even @ him, guy searched out to find it. Essentially found out her blog and went to essentially tear this girl apart, all because this girl had something negative to say about his shit book. It's fucked, he's so insecure.

>Nick Spencer tries to learn Chaos magic to fight Alan Moore and Grant Morrison.
>This will lead to the two getting along to hex Spencer for eternity.

You're thinking of the other comic store owner that gets posted here. Big Bang has always been pro-selling comics regardless of the company.

You talking about Higgins? I thought he was mad at DC to during DCYou.

That's all retailers. Their business suffers when a company underperforms. Higgins says his DC sales have been suffering because his Marvel customers don't come in anymore (because they'd also buy a few DC books)

>implying Morrison wouldn't teach him all he knows and they wouldn't defeat Moore and Millar for good
>implying Johns wouldn't then welcome him back to DC with open arms

?

I am not buy another Marvel comic, until they can go two whole years without a company-wide crossover.

I don't read big company comics anymore. With the exception of SJW bait, freelancers make the best comics right now.

Isn't this a store by store thing?

I bought the last copy of secret empire #1 At my LCS

He's a DCfag but he's also a retailer who is unhappy when books don't sell well regardless of what he prefers

I thought that was just the reading checklist

yeah more or less

also worth keeping in mind that Big Bang is an Irish store

Nice try, Marvel.

Given the preorder numbers already being much lower than past Marvel events it seems like this will probably be the case everywhere. Just not a lot of buzz for this.

Your shop might just be better at estimation relative to demand though. Or it might genuinely just be popular where you are unlike everywhere else.

You are right, I'll delete that in a second

Why would Johns welcome Spencer back to DC? Spencer isn't that big of a name and did nothing of note at DC. He's also talked massive amounts of shit about them during his time at Marvel. DC would be more inclined to welcome Waid back, since that fucker is a bigger name and would likely literally prostrate himself before DC if given a chance to in order to write the characters he loves again.

Honestly, CWII was so bad I'm not reading an event comic for a long fucking time.

Didn't Waid talked mad shit and threw a fit when leaving DC because he wasn't allowed to write Superman?