/who/ - Doctor Who General - FUCKING BORDIE CLITORUS GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEE

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/3Np7y49uC6GtZa-84XQmOQ/
doctorwhonews.net/2016/12/the-return-of-doctor-mysterio-overnight.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Trump will save /who/

fpbp

Keep telling yourself that when the ratings plummet.

>the ratings™

Eh, more or less. Capaldi was received with open arms with the "Eww too old thing" being a smaller part of audience that got laughed at by the internet. If you want a big outcry you should mention Matt Smith, that everywhere everyone was shitting on him for not being Tennant.

What worries me is that Capaldi had a pretty great online response, much like Jodie's, but that didn't translate into ratings, as they fell to the show's lowest.
I'm genuinely worried with Jodie after TUAT, hopefully Chibnall knocks it out of the park in her first story.

>the BBC will fund something nobody's watching out of devotion to the fans
LMAO

i see that cunt who calls people boardie is still here, please die

Just a reminder it's this one guy and when he leaves /who/ will be comfy again.
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/3Np7y49uC6GtZa-84XQmOQ/

Left /who/ just before the 14th, came back to a shitheap. Is this just the result of an influx of non-regulars who appeared after the episode or have the last two weeks of /who/ been like this 24/7?
They usually go after a couple of days, right? I've missed discussing DW but all this "DW IS DOOMED" stuff is distracting, thought we went through this after Jodie's reveal trailer.

>the BBC will fund something that is watched in international markets and rakes in merchandise
ftfy

More like reTardis

>Is this just the result of an influx of non-regulars who appeared after the episode
Yes.

It could be the greatest episode ever, but a decent quarter of the audience have abandoned it purely because they've fundementally changed the title character to be more progressive™.

TuaT got shit ratings, and that was a regeneration story with three doctors. The fact is you stuffed it down peoples throats too much and now they're gagging.

This is exactly how drumpf got elected, basic action and reaction. You could make the show as progressive as you liked, and you regularly did sith coalburning companions. You've gone too far and tried to take too much with this, and people are reacting. We're losing our favorite show all because you wanted to show everyone how virtuous you are.

>/who/ presents:
DOCTOR WHO: SHIT TRIPS Vol. 2.5
- The Anthology -

>Are you a true fan of Doctor Who?
>Have you ever written down a sequence of words?

If the answer is yes or no, then you are ready to contribute a literary masterpiece to the third /who/ collection of original Doctor Who-based short fiction, because following the success of Shit Trips 1 and 2, /who/ has started another anthology of wondrous tales. God help us.

This time, the rules will be a tad different, as in we actually have rules now. The stories must be about:

> alternate Doctors (original Doctors, fanmade Doctors, Unbound Doctors, Doctors of wild divergence from canon)

> spinoff characters from audios, books, comics, etc (Torchwood, Erimem, Faction Paradox, Vienna, Sarah Jane Adventures, Iris Wildthyme, etc)

>companion focused stories (stories with the companion facing a threat, or dealing with life, WITHOUT the Doctor)

Besides that, no limits (and your story can be in more than one category above).

>Can still be in any style, whether it's "legitimate writing", "pisstake", or "shitpost".

>the story must be at least 1 word long, and preferably not in excess of 10,000, it's short fiction you fuck

Anyone can contribute, no signups/pitches required. If you have ideas, feel free to broadcast them.

Rest is self-explanatory. Format for uploading your work is up to you, as long as it can be conveniently copied across (and ideally don't spam long texts in /who/ directly). (Pastebin or google drive works well.) And remember to mention, preferably in your work post, what you want your author moniker to be, which doesn't have to be your real name.

Remember, it doesn’t matter if it’s shit, just have fun! Deadline is April 2nd.

They’ll fund it if it meets the diversity quota, though.

Remember, Regency era England was actually full of Asians and Africans, history’s just been whitewashed.

Fuck if I know. I left around the 14th too, and /who/ reeks of more ratingsfaggotry than usual.

>ratingsfaggotry
Do you really believe they'll fund something that no one's watching?

>5th highest rated on the BARB chart
>got higher ratings than Corrie
>shit ratings

>gender is an outdated social construct of the cisnormative
>yay the doctor is a woman!
holy shit reddit

>Forgot pic

Don't forget consistent with S10's ratings, but of course let's blame it on the woman.

Alex Kingston’s reaction to find out 13 is Jodie Whittaker is so cute. You know she wants dat pussy.

>A woman is the Doctor now

How long until they cancel this shit show, lads?

>regeneration episode
>three doctors
>"t-the ratings were perfectly average!"

When are you going to go to bed and stop making these posts?

Alternate ending

The left is willing to fight dirty if they think nobody is looking. It doesn’t matter how you fight, it’s only as long as you win.

That’s how Post-modernism works.

>entire episode about anti-sexism stuff
>The minute the doctor becomes a woman, she presses one button and instantly crashes her vehicle and destroys it.
I'm not even mad, pretty fucking funny.

>higher ratings than Coronation Street
>no one's watching

>>regeneration episode
>>three doctors
>>"t-the ratings were perfectly average!"

dumb boardie OP misusing the term "boardie"

If you don't like my posts be sure to downvote them!

I guarantee it will be three doctors after this one.

First will be a white guy in a futile attempt to patch the hemorrhaging, the second will be a black male doctor so they can at least say Doctor Who was a progressive show, and the final season will be a white male in the hopes he leaves a good taste in everyone’s mouth.

Doing better than Coronation Street is pretty fucking good though. That's far from perfectly average.

Boardies are really, really, bothered by the term 'boardie' for some reason.

>>>regeneration episode
>>>three doctors
>>>"t-the ratings were perfectly average!"

>t doesn’t matter how you fight, it’s only as long as you win.
>That’s how Post-modernism works.
post-modernism sounds like some sort of cool fight club, how do you join? are there ninjas?

Fucking kek, I was hoping somebody would make this

it's always so cute when cletuses try to engage with left-wing concepts. the cisnormative what? "cisnormative" isn't a noun

I coined the term

I'm not sure who you're trying to convince by repeating yourself like this.

Are you mansplaining right now? I'll have you know I identify as someone who finds that very problematic.

It’s a shame river and missy never met. Imagine the sexual tension.

again, absolutely adorable.

>d-doing better than coronation street
>d-doing better than womens football
>d-doing better than paint drying

Labour voters supported of a female Doctor. Will Jodie's run not in fact be the Glitter Age but the Corbyn Age?

Lower ratings than Mrs Brown’s Boys, Strictly Come Dancing, Call the Midwife, Eastenders, The Queen’s Christmas Broadcast...

When will you heteronormative cletuses stop oppressing us?

All NuWho new Doctor announcements have had their share of hate at the time, apart from Eccleston because we didn't know how NuWho would pan out. But it usually worked out.
>Tennant wasn't famous enough at the time, and people had just warmed to Eccleston (a household name long before then).
Currently seen as the most popular Doctor after Tom Baker, depending on who you ask.
>Smith was almost literally unknown and the youngest ever.
People immediately took to him after The Eleventh Hour and he's still loved by many.
>Capaldi was too old, after people got used to 30-something year-old Doctors.
This one didn't turn out well. Lots of people my age announced they would stop watching because of his age. S8 Capaldi wasn't very likable either which didn't help. Turned out to be a fantastic Doctor but a huge chunk of the fanbase (the teenagers and 20-somethings) never came back to give him a chance.

And now we have a female Doctor. It can go both ways. I know that a lot of the people I know who dropped DW with Capaldi are excited for Jodie, so they'll give the next series a chance. Chibnall just needs to use this inevitable increase of interest and ensure people keep watching.

So it had been said in Twitter conversation with crew that new series starting on 18th of September is "too optimistic". Seems we're into gap year or a split series again.

Fuck off cletus, it's her year!

There are now two sides in politics: the left and the people who live in a parallel universe of their own construction. This isn't to say the Left is perfect or always right. Far from it. But when the Left is wrong its at least wrong about the real world. The Right are now totally detached from any reality beyond their own interests, fantasies and fetishes.

Doctor Who is dead.

The series is only 10 episodes long, they can still fit it within the year.

Can someone just send Jack Graham to an assisted living facility already? Motherfucker makes Sandifer sound level-headed and rational.

There's a reason why they didn't even attempt to specify a time in the "To be continued" part of the episode.

It's honestly astonishing the show has decent audience retention with how fucked its broadcast schedule is. It's somewhat reasonable when they're swapping showrunners and basically rebooting the show, but still. Fuck.

I’ve heard early 2019 for series 11. Apparently next series is real vfx heavy. Hence the earlier production start.

>River and Missy never met
What did he mean by this post?

The Return of Doctor Mysterio : 7.83 million viewers
Twice Upon a Time : 5.7 million viewers

ratings are dropping...

Cut the fucking licence fees if it's going to be spent on feminist trash like this.

give us another blue planet or something

Let the doctor hit the floor let the doctor hit the floor.

We only have overnight viewers so far, and they're pretty much the same as Doctor Mysterio's was.
doctorwhonews.net/2016/12/the-return-of-doctor-mysterio-overnight.html

I really get triggered hardcore by American'ts.

>but a decent quarter of the audience have abandoned it purely because they've fundementally changed the title character to be more progressive
[citation needed]

>TuaT got shit ratings, and that was a regeneration story with three doctors.
They were mediocre enough to be worrying, but not "the show is dead"-tier.

>The fact is you stuffed it down peoples throats too much and now they're gagging.
[citation needed]

>This is exactly how drumpf got elected, basic action and reaction
Trump got elected by a silent majority that went against a completely blind loud opposition that thought 100% it had won when everyone hated them.
There is literally nothing in here like this besides a couple of annoying fucking feminists saying that they'll finally watch the show now because it's a girl.
There's a clear loud divide with Jodie, people are endlessly discussing, loudly, if they hate or like her.

>You could make the show as progressive as you liked, and you regularly did sith coalburning companions
The show has had interracial relationships since the revival, both of the most popular nuWho companions had black boyfriends. Shit like this doesn't matter. Everyone hated Danny Splink and Clara because it was badly written and acted.

>We're losing our favorite show all because you wanted to show everyone how virtuous you are.
Nigga don't even try to pretend you care about Doctor Who.
Fuck outta here with this weak shit

Doctor Mysterio got 5.7 million too, those are consolidated ratings.

I wonder how Sandifier is going to be able to spin Moffat's character assassination of the first Doctor as somehow both progressive and extremely clever.

>I’ve heard early 2019 for series 11
If we could get some sort of promise that this will be the last long wait and once Chibnall's era starts it will stick to a regular and reasonable schedule, I'd be able to cope with it.

>Apparently next series is real vfx heavy.
How? Has BBC given Chibnall a bigger budget or something? The glass people looked so bad that I almost laughed when you first see one standing in the battlefield.

Practical effects-heavy era when REEEE

>tfw everything good about Missy came from Michelle Gomez being an amazing actress with a big personality..
>tfw 13 has no such advantage.

>reminder that brainlets use ratings when ubermensch anons use chart rankings

Stop responding to fucking bait.

>being able to figure what's bait and what isn't on Sup Forums

>Sandifer still panhandling on patreon and asking money for worse versions of articles he used to do for free

From what I understand chibnall has been given a budget increase. They are going all out. They want make a huge splash. So expect lots of flashy cg especially in the first few episodes if wil die down a bit mid way through with more practical effects then pick up again in the back end.

Apparently chibnall is doing something no one has ever attempted on a dc budget before. No idea what that could be myself.

People saying nobody's watching are idiots. Sure, we're not in the 7-10million days anymore, everyone will agree there's been a dip in recent years. But 5.7 million is still an enormous amount. That's 5.7 million individual people tuning in to watch it. People also make it sound like the shows that got higher ratings means DW is doomed, not realising that the people who watching DW also watched those other shows.
It's not a "small" club of nearly 6 million people tuning in just for DW and then switching off. Most of them went straight to Strictly, Midwife, Eastenders etc. Christmas telly is always huge, it's just that more people skipped the special but did tune in for the other big shows.

Besides, these are UK viewing figures. You're not counting the people watching in America, the people in countries all over Europe watching it (almost all of them get BBC), the people who waited until it was online and downloaded or streamed it, the Asians who are apparently into DW (look at that huge tour Capaldi and Jenna did). DW isn't just a British sci-fi family show, the whole world is watching.

And now that I've typed that all up I'm starting to think I'm just playing into these shitposters's hands.

>the average new series episode is better than genesis of the daleks
what the fuck

>Goalpost met to make Capaldi entries
>they're just the blogs he did back when the episodes aired, but with extra punctuation marks
>Sandifer: "Oops, my bad! If you want me to write new entries, you need to make my patreon go up to $5000 per week. If you don't, you're probably Vox Day!"

I really don't get why people are struggling with this concept.

5.7 is a lot.

If this was an average episode, that would be considered good.

This was not an average episode.

This was a THREE DOCTOR REGENERATION CHRISTMAS episode.

If you think "average" is good enough for a multi doctor regeneration christmas episode you're retarded.

>on a dc budget

What the fuck is this even a chart of?

Why

are

you

doing

that

>THREE DOCTOR REGENERATION
Yeah, one of whom wasn't played by David Tennant or a Doctor that casuals love, but that old fucker everyone hates from Game of Thrones. Thinking that TUAT would get tens of millions of viewers because people wanted to see Walder Frey is retarded.

Rewatching Matt Smith's first series (on Amy's Choice right now) and i'd forgotten how brilliant the writing used to be. The acting and production quality too. It really makes the recent Christmas special and Capaldi's final season look... embarrassing to be honest. The only Capaldi episode that was absolute god-tier genius level Kino was Heaven Sent but there is a lot of plot-hole ridden cheap trash.

I've watched all of this show since 2005 and It took me a long time to realise it but Matt Smith really is the best Doctor in nuWho, possibly in all of Who. The Ponds are the best actors they had as companions aswell (Clara was fine but plain)

I almost feel bad for Jodie having to follow all this and deal with the inevitable audience backlash. I know personally i'm annoyed by The Doctor becoming a woman and tempted to just drop the show. Not really because she's a woman but because of the desperate lefty forced SJW garbage reasons that the BBC are doing it.

Cat lady show

Because people keep making the "it had a lot of views for an average episode" posts, apparently struggling to realise it wasn't an average episode at all. Maybe short sentences and small words will get through to these retards who keep spamming this.

But that's Call the Midwife. Not even exaggerating. Most of the people who watch that show are middle-aged ladies with cats.

My assumption is almost completely baseless but I get the impression the BBC are hoping Chibnall will be the next RTD. I can't get over the symbolism of having the first sound you hear for both Chibnall and Jodie's first scene be The Doctor's Theme. It's almost like it's like the music from RTD's era is resuming after the 7 year pause of Moffat's era.

I'm not a huge RTD fan, and I don't think it's possible to recreate the ratings from his era, but god I hope they try.

TUAT unironically would've gotten huge ratings if they brought Kylie Minogue back.

Series 1 had best music.

>and he's ginger

Would've been a better story too

Explain how it would be a better story.

I'm memeing

The first doctor really isn't as much of a pull as you seem to think it is. The type of people that it excites are people who already watch the show. For most audiences it was probably more confusing than special.

Having said that, I saw it at the cinema almost purely for Jodie's first scene. Her first episode is going to be more of a marketing attraction than "THREE DOCTOR REGENERATION CHRISTMAS" ever could be. Everyone will want to see what the first female Doctor is like, even people who don't usually care about the show or "people" who think it's an awful idea.

>Not really because she's a woman but because of the desperate lefty forced SJW garbage reasons that the BBC are doing it.
How do people write this 'argument' with a straight face?
You'd still be saying this shit if they did it 10 years from now instead. There is no hypothetical situation where they finally cast a woman and these spooky political implications wouldn't exist. You are viewing it as "forced lefty SJW pandering" because she is a woman. You are upset because she is a woman.

it's already been done and she's less relevant now than ever. there would be no novelty to it at all

>"The Christmas special will bring the ORIGINAL doctor back, to let the audience know it's okay, it's still the same g̶u̶y̶ person and h̶e̶ it always will be!"
>first doctor spends whole episode being the stereotypical misogynist and never even comments on regeneration into a woman and whether he'd approve of it
Literally WHAT did they mean by this?

>Everyone will want to see what the first female Doctor is like, even people who don't usually care about the show or "people" who think it's an awful idea.
Exactly. Fans will watch it. Disillusioned fans who dropped the show will watch it. People who are completely against a female Doctor will watch it "just to see how shit it will be". First episode will get a huge surge of interest. If they pull off an Eleventh Hour-tier first episode, and people like Jodie as the Doctor, things could drastically change.
Ratings only noticably dropped since Capaldi, for all the wrong reasons. There's no telling what Jodie and Chibnall with his new vision and new writers will do for the ratings.

They didn't bring him back to assure the audience it was okay. They did it to amuse Capaldi since 1's his favorite.

>Not really because she's a woman but because of the desperate lefty forced SJW garbage reasons that the BBC are doing it.
My feelings exactly. I actually wanted a female doctor, but not as "fuck brexit and fuck drumpf" statement. They should have done this earlier or later, but not right now.