Why do people like the Guardian so much? He was just an OP blue man who was only in one episode...

Why do people like the Guardian so much? He was just an OP blue man who was only in one episode. Yeah he had a time portal, but since all of time portals were destroyed what's the relevancy of his character beyond that? It's not like he's has knowledge of all things related to time portals.

Is it because of the voice actor?

It was one of the few times Jack came close to returning to the past without Aku interfering

cool suit
voice actor
guarded a time portal
single handedly destroyed armies and giants
really great fight sequence
bodied jack

it also helped that the rest of the episode was cool by itself

Because he was strong and Sup Forums is a bunch of power level fags.

He was the only person to ever beat Jack one-on-one in direct, fair combat. Anyone else who could have claimed to defeated Jack either had help from at least one other person or was through magic bullshit he wasn't prepared for like the Sirens

But what's his relevancy?

the scotsman handily defeated jack on the bridge, jack was lucky the scotsman was so gracious as to let him go after he had proven his strength and skill

He was the only character to also give us foreshadowing of the show's end, hence the vision of bearded Jack with the crown. Given we're approaching the show's ending, that vision must soon come to light and hence being the one to have shown it to us, he must be tied in somehow.

Wasn't aware that ghosts could use keyboards, Scotsman

OP here asking stupid ass questions.

his particular time portal foreshadowed his eventual return, a slimmer of hope that Jack would eventually prevail in spite of all his setbacks

but since Aku supposedly destroyed all the time portals 50 years ago, we'll see what happened to this one and the Guardian

>Sirens
Give me one reason why The Scotsman Saves Jack, part 2 isn't the best episode of the whole show, Sup Forums.

This. If it wasn't for that none of this would matter

is Sans a rip off of the Guardian?

No, he's a rip off of Ness

>He was the only character to also give us foreshadowing of the show's end

That foreshadowing feels retconned at this point in the series to be honest.

Pus the design is pretty bad. He's supposed to be Samurai Jack remember?

he was by far the strongest person jack has ever fought, and was implied to be an entity beyond anything jack had confronted (bar aku) due to his extreme age and power

since the guardian makes the case for being a mighty old motherfucker who has a concept of honor (a rarity on aku's earth), it gives his vision at the end of the episode a lot of weight.

>Pus the design is pretty bad. He's supposed to be Samurai Jack remember?

right before this episode jack fought alongside spartans. This idea does basically the same thing that the new series began with; jack is a mighty old warrior who is covered in trophies and tools from his many travels.

It's always interesting to learn that there's other powerful characters inhabiting the world that are too busy with their own shit to be a larger part of the story.

The Celtic shills are out in force today

the last part is all filler.

>right before this episode jack fought alongside spartans.
Spartans are S2, Guardian is S3

But that's the best part. I grew tired of the constant same-old, same-old samurai scenes after a while, seeing Jack just hanging out with such an awesome character as the Scotsman was great.

maybe
but it's not good storytelling

Friend, perhaps you remember wrong. It was I who held the upper hand in our duel before we were interrupted.

I have a feeling a lot of Guardian fans are gonna be mad come the next episode when the Guardian shows up and says something along the lines of "the prophecy changed, now the time portal can't predict what your destiny holds for you Samurai"

And that's given if he's alive. He beat Jack and all but Aku could still destroy him because no magic sword.

>but since all of time portals were destroyed

Since when do we take Aku's word at face value? For all we know, he could be fucking with Jack or he's not even aware of the Guardian's portal.

Jack becoming a barbarian king of the many races of earth sounds better than the "pure samurai" angle

I have to be honest here.

Gi > Shogun Armor > Pimp Suit > Fedora suit > Bug Armor > Shirtless > Barbarian king

YE WERE ALWAYS A FUNNY ONE MATE, BUT CANNAE YE RECALL *I* COULD STILL STAND WHEN YE COULDNT EVEN LIFT YER OWN STICKLY FRAME OFF THE PLANKS!

AN' I ONLY HAD ONE LEG TO DO IT WITH!!

You know it's a good Scotsman rant when you read it in his voice without even thinking for a second.

If Jack killed Aku in the future, would he kick all the aliens off Earth?

Why?

Not all aliens in the Samurai Jack verse are bad. In fact, it's mostly just robots that are the bad guys. That and a couple assassins who are paid to kill and monsters who only act out of just being monsters.

And the occasional demons. Those are the ones you probably need to pay attention to once Aku is defeated