So, why did it all go so horribly right?

so, why did it all go so horribly right?

Rouge One was the best of the Disney Star Wars. The Force monk guy was cool.

The entire first half of the movie is a mess. The entire subplot with the black guy goes NOWHERE.

This movie was so much better than TFA or TLK that it hurts

It wasn't even that great, but comparatively, it tells a coherant story and has mildly interesting characters

Having taken the time to really roll it around in my mind I wish they hadn't tried to make a sanitized version of Inglorious Bastards with a Disney Princess boilerplate lead character, even though I like the film, it loses too much by being infantilized to the degree it is and with more freedom of characterization could have been much more than its cartoonishly safe state at release.

I asked a friend what he thought of TLJ
He said that it was a step up from Rogue One
But he also said there's not much difference between shit and fuckin shit

I enjoyed how they made the CG ships actually look like the models they used for the OT

they looked like uncolored 3d print models to me

I would disown this person if I were you

This

Because it went for an original tone and protagonists without destroying the edtablished mythos

No I agree, all the Disney star wars have been between shit and fuckin shit

its whatever. the whole daddy engineer crap was boring. he shouldve been one from the start and had a change of heart once they destroyed that city bc he went down there collecting dem crystals and basically adopted an orphan jyn or some shit from there. she wouldve been an officer in training whose hometown was just D A M A G E D, and pretty much would first stop the assasination of here father only to befriend the assasin and say she would help or some shit and that she knows where the plans are, noody believes her but a ragtag bunch of rebel operators and they go forth on a not a pure run n gun, but a stealth heist mission something like the dirty dozen or some shit. stupid whitaker and his hentai monster dont need to exist at all, its all a movie about how the fall of the empire is foreshadowed by its own cruelty. blind jackie chan and his guardian mong can stay. benicio is the sicario here, not y tu mama man.

i never saw this and when TLJ came out people kept referring it as the 8th movie. i thought rogue one was the 8th movie

Vader scene

Everything else was an utter bore. Worst Star Wars movie

Nice fanfic

no jedi

>Worst Star Wars movie
found the loser who hasn't seen TLJ

almost nothing went right with this movie. what the fuck, Sup Forums? i thought you people hated pandering? rogue one is pure fanservice. it's for retarded manchildren.

TFA and TLJ exist to take place for R1 as the worst star war

Fits well into the established universe.
CGI is better than TFA and TLJ
Actually adds new things to the universe instead of copy and pasting x wings and tie fighters

If only they knew they could just hyperspace ram the Death Star we wouldn’t need this movie

I watched this because it had Donnie Yen in it.
I didn't feel disappointment.

R1 was good, FJ made it good.

>people pretending they liked this shit movie how
Weak-willed contrarians, all of you.

>hated pandering
What pandering. It's not a copy and paste of ANH. It revolves around new characters who aren't rehashes of old characters. The old Characters are properly portrayed. It features a lot more new designs and planets despite taking place nearly exactly at the same time as ANH. You can't say the same of TFA.

unlike tfa and tlj i actually watched rogue one to the end. it wasn't amazing but it was watchable.

This is such a superficial and misguided critique I'm mystified as to why you even bothered with it. It is blatantly "for" tween girls with just enough action for tween and teen boys who have graduated out of Disney's animated features and don't like the earthbound mundanity of the Marvel project.

Only issue I had with the Star Destroyers was that they should have added some grey smudges here and there like those ships have been used. They look too new and like they just got an incredibly consistent coat of white paint.

>make star wars movie about shades of grey
>it's actually good

Honestly this movie was really good. It fit in well towards the end. The whole first 3/4s of the movie could have been removed though, since the last quarter is where all the important things happen.

I didn't even see Rogue One until December 13th of this year because of that fucking "This is a rebellion isn't it? I rebel." trailer.

as i grow older i find myself liking normie media more and more

It has no fucking story. The only story it told is "rebels stole death start plans", wich we already know from opening crawl of ANH. All it does is establishing boring characters to be killed and filling the rest with a bunch of action scenes.
Atleast TFA had interesting mysteries like Knights of Ren, Snoke origins and Rey parents, at the time, now of course it's all down the toilet. It's all fucking shit.

Vader's ship was literately the last Imperial I-class to be built. When it appeared in the movie it was basically fresh out of the factory in mint condition.

>make star wars movie about shades of grey
>there is only one shade of non-character and non-story

killing guys in space-age armor plating just by hitting them with a wooden stick is "cool"

and those goddamn rebels scratched the paint? Fuck, now I know why he was so mad in the first ten minutes of ANH.

>Atleast TFA had interesting mysteries like Knights of Ren, Snoke origins and Rey parents, at the time, now of course it's all down the toilet.
Hahahaha. Idiot.

>what pandering
do you want a list? okay. this is probably incomplete, mind you.
>entire plot revolves around a throwaway line from a 40 year old movie that didn't need to be explored
>tarkin, 3PO, R2, leia's dad, the guys from the fucking cantina, and the leader of the rebellion all show up with varying degrees of necessity to the plot
>any "new" design is a slightly different version of something we've already seen to sell more toys
>reshot to include vader because the mouse wants a lightsaber to be in the movie
>the entire last masturbatory scene with vader and CGI leia

and keep tfa out of this shit. i never said anything about that movie. if you didn't like it that doesn't make rogue one any better.

>it has no fucking story
>the only story is...
It has a story. But yes it is something of a prequel. You should have known that going in.

>at least TFA had interesting mysteries
Yes but it fucked over the OT and the characters. I'll take world building prequels that we already know the conclusion of if they give me neat designs and battles over stuff that takes a big dump on the established lore.

A wooden stick guided by the force.

U mad faggot?
It's true, it was something atleast, before TLJ ruined it. Rogue one doesn't even have this

>mystery boxes
>good Star Wars story
>good story at all

You must be at least 18 to post on Sup Forums

>world building prequels
In what ways did Rogue One expand the Star Wars universe? Could it be that maybe it didn't, and you only enjoyed it because you're roughly 14 years old, judging by the way you write?

>It has a story. But yes it is something of a prequel. You should have known that going in.
Is that supposed to make it good? Revenge of the sith is a prequel too but atleast it has a story we actually didn't knew before.

Well at the very least we now know there is one kick-ass beach out there.

I didn't said it was good retard, it's something atleast. I said it's all shit anyway, just another color of shit

>any designs
The U-Wing is a very original design. The New Tie Fighters are also very different looking. The new troop classes are neat. The new Imperial Shuttle crennic operates is also well designed. They all look great, are new, but also fit right into the ship design of the era. That's a great success. TFA couldn't do anything new despite taking place 30 years later. We also got new planets and a sith temple.
Vader's scene is GOAT. Rogue One is supplemental to the main series, TFA and TLJ are supposed to be new and original. They do less creative and original things than Rogue One. Yes in Rogue One you get old characters but it makes complete sense considering the events take place around ANH. Regardless, the movie didn't rely on those characters but it was nice to see them utilized in ways that are true to their character.

>Revenge of the sith is a prequel too but atleast it has a story we actually didn't knew before.
Seriously, nigger?
>Vader was seduced by the dark side of the force

>what pandering?
>all this pandering
>this doesn't count because it panders to me!
gotcha.

How does any of those little gifts to the fans make the movie "bad" when there is so much more disappointing about its plot heaviness and lack of characterization as a result of an inexperienced writing team with personal political bias?

nah fuck this movie it's shit, I don't even remember the names of the characters

Yet you completely ignore how Rogue One added new depths to the Rebellion by showing new conflicts within it, competition within the Empire's hierarchy, a new interpretation of how to understand the force without being a saber-user.

Rogue One frankly added a hell of a lot more than the empty one-note characters of the sequels.

I'll make you a list:
-Tropical planet with very original looking imperial base (kino design desu)
-Cyberpunk city between two asteroids
-Empire mining kyber crystals background detail
-Rocky planet of Eadu
-U-Wing
-TIE Striker
-TIE Reaper
-Imperial cargo ship
-Krennic's Shuttle
-Death Troopers
-Shore Troopers
-Life as an Imperial Officer
-Scene of Imperial Officer Apartment on capital city
-Scene of Imperial Prison
-K2SO (well designed Imperial droid fits well with Imperial style droids from the EU)
-Sith Temple
-Order of Whills
-We get very good scenes displaying competent Rebel guerilla tactics that actually give you an idea of how the Rebel could have stood a chance against the Empire
-We get a scene that shows Vader mowing down normies like he does in the EU but we never got to see in the movies.

Isn't it odd that we have so many people complaining about discarding of the EU in one breath and in the next condemnation of something exploring the EU?

The EU had a lot of dumb shit in it, but there were many nuggets of gold hidden among the crap. Rogue One in my eyes actually attempts to adapt some of those good ideas while the sequels go out of their way to reject them even when just a few cherry-picked ideas would have drastically improved even their own new direction.