How long until the inevitable remake of the Harry Potter movies? It's been 6,5 years since the last one came out...

How long until the inevitable remake of the Harry Potter movies? It's been 6,5 years since the last one came out, how quick is too quick?. We all know it's going to happen, but do you think it'll be within the space of 10 years? 20? They will never let go of the rights, and we're getting spin-offs at the moment but only an idiot would think they won't adapt the books for cinema again in the not-so-distant future. Warner Bros is adamant at keeping alive and expanding "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter", it will always be around. So knowing this, what would you want from a remake of the movies/adaptation of the books? What would you like to see changed that would merit a full remake?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JRmgL564x8E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Harry needs to end up with Hermione

Ron can have Scabbers or Victor Krum or Ginny, who cares.

"No!"

5-10 years I'd say

30 years, at which point they will bring back Radcliffe as Dumbledore, Watson as Mcgonagall, and Grint in a fat suit to be Hagrid

Something like that sounds likely, after Fantastic Beasts is finished they'll wait a year or two before starting production. Daniel Radcliffe could play James Potter or something as a nod to the fans

Why remake perfection? . Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has extremely exciting and unique characteristics when set against the others. One of the many consistencies in the series is its excitement and creative use of special effects, which really helps bring the magic alive and the action ert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series wouldn’t be subjected to the bland directorial style he fell into afterwards with War of the Worlds, Minority Report, and Big Friendly Giant. The profitable cross-promotion for her books was really just an afterthought. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Fast and the Furious series in its refusal of stupidity, inanity, and lack of logic. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though r-right
"Yes!"
The writing is imaginative and comes off of the page; the book is a masterpiece. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character “stretched his legs” rather than using the duller “went for a walk” expression.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time I saw a child’s eyes come alive with wonder while reading the books. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so naturally attuned to the Jungian archetypes that govern human thought that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a review of Harry Potter by some guy on Sup Forums. He wrote something to the effect of, “Harry Potter is great.” And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read “Harry Potter” you are, in fact, trained to read Shakespeare.

Copycat posters deserve a swift death.

Harry Potter hasn't been around long enough. It'll still be at least another 20 years before any remakes are done. I wouldn't more sequels out of the question, though.

>copycat precedes the real deal

"No!"

>Why remake perfection?
how did you fail

Warner Bros will have them all directed by David Yates.

We're going to get 4 more Fantastic Beast movies

A Cursed Child 2-parter

Then remakes about 3 years after that

Daniel Radcliffe will play James Potter

I was toying with that idea, they'll probably do cameo appearances from the original child actors.
>Radcliffe as Dumbledore, Watson as Mcgonagall, and Grint in a fat suit to be Hagrid
30 years is way too long, it will have happened before then, though it's a neat idea to have Daniel play Dumbledore and Emma was McGonagall. Rupert wouldn't need a fat suit the way he's going, just some hair dye and a fake beard

Harriet Potter, 2025.

The wesley family is black, in contrast with Harry Who had no special abilities other tan bravery or moral fiber, harriet Will already be better at magic than anyone else with no training whatsoever and will easily defeat snape in halfblood prince and any other adult during the span of the series.

Also dumbledore will be transexual, chó will be male, but ginny will remain female.

Cyberpunk harry potter when?

When they do a film about each of the magic schools. There's one in Japan and I can see that being all cyberpunk/neo Tokyo, a magic school that uses magic like futuristic technology.

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

Drop Cursed Child shit, make a new series of movies that are original plot, with Harry Hermione and Ron as adults and about their kids, Star Wars style (except not shit)

A new Harry Potter reboot would bomb and you all know it. It's not the same as superheroes, when people think Harry they think Radcliffe

Plus not like you can change the setting and adapt to modern times. The point of the movie is medieval stuff

They missed that trick when Rowling said the school is like one of those Japanese shrines you see, but massive. Movies about the 11 schools would be cool to see though. Maybe make a Triwizard Tournament Trilogy where all 11 schools compete instead of just 3, and the tasks are a bit better thought out so we don't get two hours of staring at a lake in total silence.

They should remake it as a seasonal TV show, not a new series of movies. And Hermione should be black, or there's no point.

>A new Harry Potter reboot would bomb and you all know it.
>Plus not like you can change the setting and adapt to modern times. The point of the movie is medieval stuff.
OP said remake, not reboot. It would still be set in the 1990's and follow the books, no one said anything about adapting to modern times.

I'd like to see the films remade with a different cast one day. They need to split Goblet of Fire into two parts though, Barty Crouch Jr's story deserves to be fully adapted and not rushed as fuck and basically left out like in the original film

Why remake the most boring and dull franchise of all time?

this, harry potter should be chinese too and he cultivates her ebola field

Fucking this

I liked the other opposite day post better. This one feels like you just went through the pasta and changed everything negative to its exact opposite meaning and called it a day. Not strictly original, but thoughtful. Keep up the good work.

Why are people so obsessed with Harry ending up with Hermione? Is it a self-insert thing where you self-insert yourself into Harry and you want to be with Hermione?

Because the Weasley's fucking suck.

So it's because Ginny is a terrible character? In that case I can sort of see it. I just never gave a fuck who ended up with who and never understood why people are always saying Harry and Hermione should've hooked up.
I mean, I'd love to end up with Emma Watson, but I don't care about who Harry and Ron have sex with.

>black Hermione
No thanks

There is only one waifu in Hogwarts

Ginny is literally a non-character.

YEEEEESSSSSSS!!! my nigga that would be the only ho I went after

I'm still waiting on the anime adaption. The live action adaption was just too bland and doesn't accurately capture the books. Especially after the 4th film when they decided to put a dumb grey filter over everything.

>Harry needs to end up with Cho

FTFY

>I'm still waiting on the anime adaption.
I'd love an anime adaptation, but for some reason Harry Potter doesn't appear to be that big in Japan. You'd think they'd be all over it what with the high school setting and the magical powers, not to mention that Japan seems to love really British stuff (Sherlock Holmes and Downton Abbey are basically revered there).

I know they've got a theme park in Japan for some reason, but the franchise's popularity doesn't show in the form of fan art like the way other series do. There's hardly any fan art, doujins or cosplay

Harry Potter is for faggots

Oh I agree completely. Terribly written and underdeloped. I just don't see why people care who married who, is that such a big deal? The epilogue could've been Harry with a generic witch we've never seen or heard about and it wouldn't make a difference.
People just want to fuck Hermione, and somehow that makes them want Harry to end up with her. That's just me speculating though, I never understood the whole shipping of characters thing

nigger

The magic is female shitlord

checked. fuck wizardfags

They should remake Battle Royale but with wizards

Harry should have ended up with her, she was the only person who actually understood him.

>I'm still waiting on the anime adaption
LWA has a similar tone and atmosphere
youtube.com/watch?v=JRmgL564x8E

I only watched the original OVA, not the anime that followed but it really felt like they were copying Harry Potter. Magical boarding school, trio of friends, I believe there was even a rich blonde rival character that looked down on them.
I guess it's better than nothing but I'd still love to see the actual Potter books animated by Japan. The magic in the series is very animated and fast, so duelling would be great to see, especially the big magic fights like Dumbledore versus Voldemort at the Ministry. C'mon Japan, get working on this shit