What was korine trying to convey with this scene?

what was korine trying to convey with this scene?

white trash

look at these dumb goys lol

When a mini-dwarf rich kid from Nashville like Harmony Korine flies first class and moves to New York City’s Soho in his ‘plush safe’ apartment, running around town quoting Godard with lines like, "Fuck the bourgeois", it’s insincere, it’s calculated, it’s unoriginal, and it’s the worst thing in the world, ‘trendy’. He already knows that he and his boring girlfriend Connecticut Chloe Sevigny are going to be on the cover of ‘The Face’. He knows he’ll get his run at The Angelica and be hip in Japan. But no one will ever make an important film because they saw ‘Gummo’ or ‘Donkey Boy’.

Nothing. It was just a scene. Stop being a prick.

he likes boku no pico

can someone explain the context of the scene for someone whose never seen it before? I see this picture posted every so often and it always makes me feel uneasy but I sense there's a lot more to it.

its from the movie with the white guy

It's a non-conventional plot-less film. Korine set out to create a story with various non-connected scenes. They are just scenes from a small town in Ohio that all together paint a picture. There's no deep meaning or symbolism according to the man himself.

There's really not much more to it. It's just a scene with an uneasy feeling.

Thank you. Is this film worth watching?

Yes, if you've seen every other film in the world that you've wanted to see. If not, then it can wait.

It's my favorite film of all time, but I absolutely hated it the first time I watched it and didn't watch it again for about a year afterward, but it always stuck with me and drew me back.
It all depends on your taste, it's pretty polarizing. If nothing else it's undoubtedly a gorgeous film.

There actually isn't. This was the 2nd Korine movie. He made "major label" cinema verite style kid dramas in the 90's. Like some other OP said the guy thought he was some kind of fucked up mixture of jerry springer and godard.

So anyways, Gummo is just a "slice of life" movie about fucked up white trash kids. The kid from pic related is shown riding around the trailer park town with his friend killing cats and trading them for glue to huff.

I think the movie is supposed to show the fucked up poor wal-mart side of america but comes off as more of a horror movie to shock and appease stuffy new york liberals who shelled out lots of shekels to promote this movie.

There is no context to the scene really...kid is doing fucked up things...comes home at end of the day (almost at the end of the movie) and talks to his mom who doesn't love him then goes and sits in the nasty tub of water eating a nasty looking meal of pink milk and spaghetti. He also eats a snickers bar in the tub after dropping it in the water first.

Watch more films.

Awesomeness?
I liked the movie but it wasn't until a friend who was crazy about it pointed out that there's a piece of bacon taped to the wall that I realized it was truly kino.

White people are disgusting and spaghetti is a shit-tier meal.

lol found the jew

why is there a piece of bacon taped to the wall

I'd bet my life savings I've seen far more and far better films than you. Get bent.

>t. pedo

Hahahaha found the jew...and he confirms it by "betting his life savings".

>pink milk
>not looking at the fucking glass

How the fuck does me liking a movie make me a jew? Because Korine is jewish? Half the directors in Hollywood are jewish you stupid bastards.

>he doesn't even deny he is jewish
LOL

Doubt it.

I'm not...
I'm 100% positive

You're not what? Say the whole thing

I've literally seen almost every Criterion Collection release. But if you say so.

kys

Nothing, the whole movie is just an exposition of an aesthetic, like hes showcasing it for someone to actually make a movie out of it

HAHAHA he can't say it because he is jewish! LOL

>le meme master
Are Jewish people really forbidden from denying they are in fact Jewish?

still not saying it!

Criterion Collection is the reddit collection you turbo pleb

This white trash stuff is real. I literally grew up like this.

Yeah everything in the Criterion Collection is pleb but Harmony Korine is patrician.

Name your top three criterion releases you absolute pleb and I'll reply with mine, undoubtedly one-upping you

Gummo isn't even really a film, it's just a self-masturbatory effort where Korine tries to show the world how "dedicated to his craft" he is. The film itself is unimportant to Korine, it's the narrative of its creation that was his real goal. Like that little anecdote about how they were in the disgusting roach-infested room and some of the guys were in hazmat suits while Korine himself was in flip-flops. That right there is the whole "point" of Gummo. The conceited little twerp wants you to look at the disgusting setting and the disgusting people and fawn over how "they actually filmed there wow that's some PASSION tand DEDICATION right there, what a true auteur"

Fuck I hate Korine and Gummo so much.

The entire movie is comprised of vignettes from a dirty midwestern mise-en-scene. You're supposed to be disgusted with the characters and content. That fucking piece of bacon taped to the wall kills me every time.

>That fucking piece of bacon taped to the wall kills me every time
Oh yeah I'm sure that's totally your own unique opinion and you're for sure not just saying that because Werner Herzog says you should.

1. Children of the Corn
2. Silence of the Lambs
3. Children of the Lambs
4. Silence of the Corn

legit scene gives me nightmares

You can't one up me. My top three criterion releases are the dozens of releases on laserdisc that were never rereleased on DVD.

I am serious, the bacon literally killed me and repeatedly shanks me every time I see it. I am not kidding. There are no jokes. Bush did 911.

look at this kike pretending jews didn't do 9/11

Reddit tier response

Reddit tier response

Reddit tier response

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class at Film school, and I’ve been involved in numerous student films, and I have over 3 confirmed film festival screenings. I am trained in guerilla filmmaking and I’m the top Director of Photography in my DSLR filmmaking class. You are nothing to me but just another "filmgoer." I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can outsmart you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my prefrontal cortex. Not only am I extensively trained in French New Wave, but I have access to the entire arsenal of my dad's camcorder and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Ok chill, Harmony.